Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK [Inventory, Mobile, Shooter AI, Zombie AI, etc.]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Feb 8, 2018.

1. thenamesace

thenamesace

I wouldn’t expect it too soon as he is still fleshing things out and adding in options people are asking for although from the work he has done on this template I would expect it to be awesome :)

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  2. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

it's too early on corrent stage i think.. asset need to be more polished and many other basic features are missing atm..
    wallecityinfotech need to take his time to do all wroks correctly...but before multi we really need a better inventory system and a save-load/menu system.. that is on the way if i remember correctly
    ehi walled...any news about mi issue with reload animation??

3. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

I like this, everyone including myself seems to have alot of questions and suggestions for the Dev regarding Updates and New Features.I think it would be a good time to make a solid road map that we can View/follow, so we know what is being worked on currently and what will come after that.

4. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Apologies bro.. Will definitely download your model and check it tomorrow. I know it is something really small, Don't worry it will be solved :)

5. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi bro, multiplayer will be coming as soon as we get the full body support completed! :)
    Will be pushing a full road map tomorrow for everyone to see!

Brian-Ryer and Aaron2348 like this.
  6. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Hoping to
    Hoping to see Ecs in the Roadmap :rolleyes:

7. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

what is ECS??

8. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

dont worry..take your time.. i was only asking
    a roadmap would be a great news..so we can check what to expect update after update...

meanwhile here another video on my flashlight integration test..

WIP Flashlight integration in MFPS V2 with animations(idle, walk ,run) and battery UI. flashlight battery stateis mantained over time even on weapon/flashligh switch. when battery is really low light begin flicker and disappear oer time

now i'll start to work on batteries pickup and inventory add and use...seems simply..have some ideas..LOL

enjoy

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Aaron2348 and walledcityinfotech like this.
  9. Neviah

Neviah

Are the weapon/melee animations legacy?
    If so, how would I convert generic to legacy ?

10. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

select the rig to legacy and hit apply

Neviah and Automatica like this.
  11. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This is so awesome!!! did you used the melee weapon for the flash light bro? ;) if you have or want to attack with flashlight, also add it's attack Animations.. it will look pretty dope! :D

Hi, what is ecs bro?

Neviah likes this.
  12. Automatica

Automatica

Keep up the great work mate! Wanted to say that this is definitely one of the best assets I've purchased in a long time. Other devs should seriously take notice. I've tried many "frameworks", and by far this one is the easiest I've come across to use.

Making weapons is insanely easy! Integrating models with animations has been the least of a pain than many other frameworks I've tried. It just works. Leaving the dev to concentrate on what actually makes a great game...artwork, sound, and story.

I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer, and to be honest there's so many horrible multiplayer games out there I just have always wanted a dev to concentrate on the actual important parts of a game. I hope this asset doesn't go the route of so many failed attempts to do so many things that the core working parts get lost in the crowd of people screaming "but...wheres muh multiplayer?!"

Successful package depends on it's workability. When imported do we get hundreds of warnings? Can we test build right out of the box? This one does that...with the least amount of headaches I've experienced so far.

Things I'd love to see in future roadmap:

Don't worry about multiplayer just yet. Focus on world interactivity. Best games have stuff for players to do:

Press e to open door. Grab objects, examine objects, reskinnable menus, save load systems that aren't insanely complicated or not explained very well. Inventory crafting systems, portals...

Let's face it, awesome assets like this one should be standard fare. Mobile gaming will make console gaming obsolete or at least a whole lot less relevant in the future as the mobile tech catches up in terms of handling the graphics, memory, and other aspects that "wiggly stick" gamers have previously had the advantage as their systems could do more. Just my 2 cents (sorry for the wall of text) heh.

Only issue I've had so far is when testing mobile control demo in unity 2017.3 that all of the mobile buttons work, but you can't use the mouselook right area. Clicking on it (left or right) doesn't let you move at all....but if I build the scene to apk and install on phone it works with zero issues. Weird xd.

Cheers and keep up the fantastic work, look forward to updates!

walledcityinfotech and Neviah like this.
  13. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Many thanks bro. :) I, tbh, Don't like multiplayer games too lol so this is why whenever there will be a miltiplmult update, it will be a separate addon! :)
    Same for the main menu.

The mobile controls camera that is not working in the editor is just... I am not able to configure how to do it... lol :p but I thought that's not soo necessary...

anyways bro, thanks a lot for your kind words and am very happy that you found it useful! :)

if you have any questions, you can contact us here or drop me an email at
    walledcityinfotech@gmail.com

Looking forward to play your game.

Best
    Hamzah

Automatica likes this.
  14. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes i used the melee weapon..i dont have attack animations for flashlgiht and i really dont know if i would the player could attack with flashlight too...my goal is an horror based game so give player too way to attack in not in my mind

btw is a day mfps could have a dual welding maybe a can think to give the player the chance to use an one hand wepaon (eg. pistol ) with flashlight...

15. Eiseno

Eiseno

I still waiting multiplayer for buying this asset

16. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

but multiplayer is really easy to add by yourself.. photn is very easy ..trust me .. there are too much tutorials how to add.....trust me..purchase the kit ..have fun with it.. learn with it..experiment with it and you will be very happy when experiments you will do .. give to you good results..
    mfps is great right now and will become better and better..the only thing iit really miss right now is a save/load function to save progress between levels/scense to give player mantain stars, inventory etc.. and a better inventory interface.. but apart these(and obviously some other things that needs to be added but that are not so much complicated as others i named) with a bit of effort ..mfps could easily stars a complete game...
    hopefully today we have a complete roadmap for the asset so we can discuss better before all of this

and hopefully today walledcityinfotech will solve my animations problem ..right walled?? LOL(joking))

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  17. witcher101

witcher101

Save load and inventory are far easier to add than multiplayer. Depending upon how kit is made multiplayer might be extremely difficult to add as is the case with RFPS. If you take only singleplayer then there are other FPS kit that are complete and does a better job.

Neviah likes this.
  18. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

other singleplayer fps kits already on the store are maybe more complete but even less customizable than mfps..
    e.g. RFPS is maybe the best fps kit on the store and i like i too much (i own it and had a lot of fun with it..in reality i have many of them like UFPS, Next Gen FPS and so on but sincerly the fpskit i really loved and from which i learned a lot is ArmedUnity Fpskit by One man Army and its FREE .. that really modifed for all my needs with inventory, save system, ect..) but MFPS is more customizble where RFPS is really less customizable since it had a lot of features nested in several different scripts and is not modular so it's very hard to add your own code and modifications..but is really useful as learning template..

We need a solid base template with all necessary to startup a game but nothing too overwhelming or too specified since developers need to make their game not Asset Developer..

otherwise we can simply copy paste the example scene of rfps or other template scene and sold it on steam ((like someone did ages ago LOL)

and save/load system (expecially between levels ) is not too easy to add as you said otherwise many other game templates had it integrated yet...while i dont know anyone of them have it..

my two cents..

19. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, I don't know if they are better or not but one thing I am damn sure about is the level of ease Manoeuvre fps and uzai offers.. It takes less then 2 seconds to create a controller, less than 5 seconds to create and add a melee/shooter weapon, in a few clicks you can have the most versatile AI (both shooter and zombie) in your game... You can go ahead and compare this thing with any fps kit.. :)

Automatica and Neviah like this.
  20. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

sorry for the delay bro, but I really don't want to provide some buggy results. I test a feature a lot before releasing for you awesome guys to use. :)

very sorry bro, today we wre having some power cutoff and thr ws no power supply for 13 hours... :(

forgive me man... tomorrow this will be the first thing I will do in the morning, I promise! :)

Brian-Ryer and Neviah like this.
  21. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Ehi bro.. i noticed some strange things on inventory and power ups managements..

but first another question question..

i noticed that the health slider in the inspector of the manoeuvrefpscontroller script is not modified when player get damaged in game..is supposed to work this way?? helath bar slider decrease correcly instead..

about powerups and inventory i noticed that if i collect more than 1 healthkit and use one of them to increase health , the numbers of powerups decrease correcly in the inventory ui but icon of healthkit become greyed and i cannot use other healhkits i have...hope i explained well LOL

Neviah likes this.
  22. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi bro, I will see this as soon as I get back on my system. Thanks for the feedback though :)

23. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  24. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Umm lol Entity component system?

25. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

ohhh that... really bro? Like REALLY??? lol lol :p

Read this line from the official Unity Forum regarding "ECS"
    ---------------------
    The plan is for ECS to be an official feature in Unity 2019.1. However, all assets as they are currently written will continue to work in “hybrid mode”, which is active by default. For this reason, most publishers do not have to do anything in regards to ECS.

If there is a reason for your asset to use ECS features which require an ECS compatible editor, you will be able to select this option in the publisher panel, and your asset will not be available for users who are using editor versions before 2018.1.

At some point in the very far future, the plan is to make ECS the official method of scripting in Unity.

What should a publisher do today?
    Nothing! There’s nothing for you to do today, and for most of you, nothing to do for quite a long time, as the hybrid mode will allow your asset to work in ECS projects for the next many years.

Should I implement ECS on the first day it’s available?
    Probably not. Unless your asset has a very compelling reason to require ECS, it will be best to hold off on doing so until the majority of our users are using Unity 2018.1 or above. This likely won’t happen until 2020.
    ---------------------

So I think just hold yourself on that, we have long road to travel... ;)

Aaron2348 likes this.
  26. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ehi bro ..i sent to you files you asked ... check your inbox... thanks..

27. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Lmao oh sorry I didnt see the forum and didnt see this on github. Ive started using entitas tho already alot better than the examples unity gave, And i would suggest to start learning it now, Get ahead of the competition

28. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Hey wallet??
    what about you radio silence is there days..are you okay?? now news about update ofr roadmap features?

29. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Sorry for delay guys, I was finalising the Roadmap. :)

Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - Roadmap
    > Throwable Items
    > Ragdoll Physics [Both Shooter and Zombie AI]
    > Update Inventory
    > Add Event Systems
    > Environment Interactions [Doors, Levers, etc]
    > Full Body Support
    > Crafting System
    > Local Split Screen Multiplayer
    > Photon Multiplayer
    > [OPTIONAL] Vehicles System

Will be updating this as soon as I add something in the uzAI as well. :)

30. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

thanks bro..but i dont see anthyng related to menu/save load system..why?

and do you figured how i can solve mi anim isssue the make weapon animation for reload plays according with arms anim?

31. Automatica

Automatica

Nicely! Can't wait for the updates!

One thing I did notice is a lot of sounds are hardcoded using the playoneshot method. While this is good, it doesn't allow for mixing of the sounds individually...say grouping footsteps in one channel, and grouping weapon sounds in another. Unless I missed something somewhere have only been able to alter the source sounds using outside daw to help with overall mix. The music uses an audio source but not certain sound fx. Any suggestions?

Keep up the great work!

32. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Coz that is a separate add-on and i don't want to mix that here in the Roadmap of core gameplay mechanics. It will available soon after the full body and before the multiplayer! :)

After looking into your provided animations and testing into my Unity, I think that there's a mismatch of Rig. The rig used in fire animation is different from that of used in reload animations... So when you play reload animation, it don't pull out the magazine...

33. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, I tried not to get too complex by adding unnecessary Audio Sources in everything that has sound. However, all the main sound emitters such as Weapons, AI, Turrets, etc are having their Audio Sources! :)
    Regarding the footstep system, it will be greatly improved in these upcoming updates ! :)

Automatica likes this.
  34. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

thanks for you reply..about save system..what do you mean "soon" ??? do you have any eta? sorry if i instist but i nee it to kicjsatr a full project..

and about anmin.. yes i know there are 2 separate rigs... but is not any worlaround about that?

35. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

YOU KNEW IT??? lol lol... :p
    bro.. misplacement of a single bone can cause the whole animation stop!
    Just think of it like you can't run a dog's animation on a tiger but in case of humanoids, we have a universal rig, this is why we mostly create Assets targeting humanoid rigs! :)

The BEST workaround I can think of is that you can use umotion to edit the animations inside Unity! :) It is by far the easiest one out there and also, it is FREE!! :)

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/umotion-community-animation-editor-95986

36. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

No I didnt know.. i discovered this some days ago after you showed my in pm that even in preview animations for magazine was not shown.. and after that I searched to deep and I discovered that weapon relaod animation was on weapon itself.. I told to you in one of following pm..maybe you missed it..I'll watch I can do with umotion even if i'm not very confortable with animations.. I contacted the author of the asset but did not receive any answer..

Btw what about my question related to the save load system addon release date??

I could it by myself (i purchased easy save 2 during may sales and I'm learnnig how its works) but I dotn want to spend time and effort if a specific addon ,and probably better than the one I could do by myself, will be released at short time..

let me know..

Ehi i got an idea..waht if cani try to add another animation obejct to the weaponprocerualmanoeucre script?
    i duplicate all parts related to realod animation but new public amination object and new string for animation name doesnt appear into the inspector like if the script is hardcoded

any tip?

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  37. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

New update coming very soon! :)

38. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

cool bro.. do you see the bug i listed to oyu before about multiple inventoryitems cannot be used after first..

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

sorry I don't get u.. and I don't saw any bug u listed sorry

40. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

I was referring to the fact that if i collect more than one health kit for example after i use the first kit the UI inventory refresh correcly to indicate the remainiing amonut of health kits. but the icon i greyed and i cannot use another health kit even i my health is under my max health (e.g. 100)

41. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ehi ..what about this radio silence... no one post from about 3 days..is this kit alerady dead LOL????just joking

Neviah likes this.
  42. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I am about to drop some bombs real soon :cool:;);)

Brian-Ryer, thenamesace and Neviah like this.
  43. thenamesace

thenamesace

Yea I am kinda just hanging back waiting on the new update

Aaron2348 likes this.
  44. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

A handy new feature I thought would be nice for new comers! ;)

Aaron2348, thenamesace and Neviah like this.
  45. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Thanks Bro I'm Not New But I need this :cool:...but wait it works Xbox1 Right?

46. kukuhbasuki

kukuhbasuki

I want to create VR shooting game. I have Manoeuvre Mega Pack. Can I use the weapon system & zombieAI features?

47. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Zombie AI works perfectly with the VR! :)
    For Weapon, you have to modify them on your own as currently I don't have a testing device and thus VR is not in the roadmap soon! But it will be THERE!! ;)

48. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

2 Part Tutorial Series of the Throwable Items/Weapon update!

Please watch carefully as there are minor changes in both! In case of any confusions please contact me here or on the email
    walledcityinfotech@gmail.com

Neviah likes this.
  49. kukuhbasuki

kukuhbasuki

Sorry I didn't type it correctly. I mean AR not VR. Just using gyroscope. I'm planning to put your weapon system to the gyro camera (using other asset for gyro system). Then user can touch the screen to fire the weapon. I'll try it tomorrow, hope you can help me while i'm doing it. Thanks.

50. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Ohh i see.. I don't think it will not work! :) tbh this sounds super cool to me! Don't forget to post any updates here too! :)