Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK [Inventory, Mobile, Shooter AI, Zombie AI, etc.]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

I'm having this issue too with previous updates also, Maybe you should put a check for update button somewhere or something, i just hope i dont have to start over again.

2. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

I like this but the question i have is can it be used to create other projectiles? It seems to me that the explosion is what causes the damage not the actual projectile.

3. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

i will be working on throwing knives tomorrow... it is fully upto you, whether you want to cause area based damage like in grenades/molotov or some distraction by throwing some stones or glass bottles or throw some sharp things like knife or shuriken... this thing will be ultra flexible!!! :D

Aaron2348 likes this.
  4. thenamesace

thenamesace

Who doesn’t like exploding apples :)

walledcityinfotech and Aaron2348 like this.
  5. Neviah

Neviah

Ended up finding the package file on my local C drive, deleting it, then redownloading it, opening in a new project, copy and pasting all the files, etc.
    All my scenes I made, have the controller messed up now lol. And allies. eff ma life, gotta redo them XD

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  6. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

at some point will support for Mecanim come? I like to be able to set up blendtrees visually before writing code for them.

7. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Okay Good happy to see this feature coming, What is the next big update you are working on full body? Main menu? Or Event System?

Neviah likes this.
  8. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

lol let this one come first... :p

Neviah likes this.
  9. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, throwing knives are done.. Will be sharing a video soon!! :)

Neviah and thenamesace like this.
  10. thenamesace

thenamesace

JUst a quick question will we be able to pick up knives after we have thrown them? Also could you add in for Molotov’s that the zombies catch fire? Just a thought

11. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Adding exactly that only!!! ;)

Neviah and thenamesace like this.
  12. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

please make th same for arrow form bow/crossbow so it can be piacked for dead bodies or from scene after they are shotted

13. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

this is a basic functionality and will be of course added with the bow and arrow! :)

14. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, I have added cool ragdoll physics to both uzAI Zombie and ShooterAI ;)

Will show it really soon! :D

Untitled.png

Neviah likes this.
  15. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

man this will be the sure base for my project...add menu , save load system and refine inventory and i'm ready to really show the fisrt real game made with your great kit.. i'm integrating by myself all other gameplay stuffs like destruticles, puzzles , door systems and all seems to works really fine..i think shooter ai need more improvements since it's very basic but i'm working on integrate other ai systems and the seems to works well with mfps too..

16. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

After this, I will be adding 2 more behaviours to throwing items
    > Attract nearby AI
    > Fire Explosives like Molotov

17. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

so cool.. make the knives pickable too after impacted .. right??

ehi bro can you please add a way to make inventory onscreen when i press "I" (without i must contine to press "i")key and freeze player movement and bobbing when inventory is open.. or tell me how can i acheive that?? a i really need that..and cannot figured how to do in the kit LOL..

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  18. thenamesace

thenamesace

Wow this looks like soooo much fun:);):p

19. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

With this update, we will be having altogether new Inventory with the option to choose between throwables. There will be 4 slots for each!

I will share more as soon as I will get there and thus, I will be changing the inventory input the way it is currently to what u just said! :)

Neviah likes this.
  20. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

cool

but if you can make a flag to make inventory freeze the player movement and the weapon/player bobbing when inventory is open

cant wait

Neviah likes this.
  21. Neviah

Neviah

First off, those WIP's are pretty sick! That's amazing. It's everything you need to make a nice game.
    I also agree with the inventory request, to make the player pause and unable to move while you shift through an inventory menu.

I might suggest having the Shooter AI turn with footsteps, instead of just rotating in place, as it takes you out of the game when you notice it (more animations, I know! sorry haha). And since you're doing sticky grenades, molotovs, and normal grenades, why not just go the extra mile and make a grenade that spawns cluster grenades after it explodes XD. I'm just saying, if you're going that far, might as well do the rest! hah. I would love to make a progression skill system where you can spec into different grenades and your kit is making it absolutely possible.

22. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I know there are countless possibilities for throwable Projectiles... so.. I am adding event systems.. you guys just add whatever you want easily with drag and drop in the inspector! :)
    Hopefully it will make life easier!! ;)

23. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

24. thenamesace

thenamesace

I am never gonna get anything done will be to busy throwing sticky bombs :)

25. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

These sticky bombs are so amazing bro... I am all day throwing these at the Zombies it is so much fun lol... :p
    After this I am thinking about adding a simple vehicles system as well, you can stick bombs to them too and see them going sky freaking high... :p

thenamesace likes this.
  26. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

awesome bro.. when to do plan to add the save system module and invemtory rework since without them we can really start do plan to make a game..i'll pay today if these addons were out yet
    I'm stuck ..LOL

27. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi bro, after this update, will quickly add shotgun and projectile weapons (grenade launcher, bow n arrow)! And after that I will be working on the main menu system and new Inventory! :)

Neviah likes this.
  28. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ok perfect... hope i can start my project in few weeks..

29. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

maybe found a bug..
    when player die it continue to take damage if i damaged by AI and continue to plays hurt sounds,,i think playeb must be disabled after death meanwhile user press any key to restart..

30. thenamesace

thenamesace

Yea it is a bug but I kinda like that would be good if it faded out to a black screen and the sounds faded with it

31. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

got it..

btw i'm importing some of my weapons animated models and i have a weird bug with the reload animations
    as you can see in the video animation works correctly if play alone but reload animations dont plays correcly when i create the wepaon with the creation wizard..as you can see the aniamation plays but the magazine s not displayed the same for the 2 smg you see in my video..any tip??

32. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

well, this should not be happening but please see that your weapon under weapons camera is at weapon layer.. This should have been taken care of by the Wizard.... I will see from my end but this never happened to me..

33. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I left it deliberately... Should I stop the hurt effect when Player dies??

Neviah likes this.
  34. thenamesace

thenamesace

Personally I would just fade out

35. thenamesace

thenamesace

Yea that’s a strange one ! I have created loads of weapons using the wizard and have never come across this I guess as has been already said make sure the magazine is on the weapon layer

36. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes magazine is on weapon layer.. i really cannot figured how to solve ..tried everything..

37. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

is this some issue related to LoDs.. a guy before had same issue in uzai..

38. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

edit

i tried other wepaon from other animator and works fine ..reload too..
    maybe is something on the weapon root ..proble is that i have a complete set of weapon with that problem...

39. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

so...how did he solved?

40. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

umm, he just made sure all the Lods are being rendered properly in the camera... what else is the use of LoD.. Do you have separate LoDs for your weapon models??

41. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes weapon have several lods but the prefab i'm using use lod 0

how can i make sure that camera properly renderl all lod?? what i have to do?

42. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

seee.. I KNEW IT! :cool:
    lol :p just make sure that all the mesh objects are of layer weapon.. that's it! :)

43. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

all weapon mesh objects are on weapon layer..every single mesh
    i think it's an issue related to the weapon wizard creator and the root of the prefab

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  44. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

I'm having a problem with the animations also, I added some new animations, but everytime I punch it switches the position of the arms.

45. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hi, what do u mean by switch positions? please can you show some scrnshot or vid?

46. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ehi mates how can i manage to make player to dont use weapons ..i want to weapons use is disabled when player use torchlight..and can use them again after picked down flashlight..

here a test of a flashlight weapon addon... notice that light follow the bobbing of the weapon.. Lol.. i'm proud of this LOL

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  47. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

i think disabling weapon shooter script will do just fine! :)
    btw this looks pretty sick man!! ;) you can have your own hand holding a flashlight, create that as melee weapon and under the Animations tab, clear everything or write the Idle Animation name and your flash light is ready! ;)

48. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

yes i tried to disable the weapon shoooter script but cannot figured how...

any news about mi weapon realod animation issue?

49. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

so my first person arms will start in the middle of the screen where i want them, then when I press the attack key it changes the position

Attached Files:

50. witcher101

witcher101

So when is multiplayer support comming

Aaron2348 likes this.