Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK [Inventory, Mobile, Shooter AI, Zombie AI, etc.]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Feb 8, 2018.

1. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Manoeuvre FPS Tutorial #6​
    Manoeuvre FPS - Creating Projectile Turrets

Neviah likes this.
  2. Neviah

Neviah

Mhmm, that is sexy! What else are you working on? More turret stuff? Another feature?
    And thanks for putting the homing feature on there!

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  3. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks bro ! Your suggestions are legendary!! :)
    Now I am working on uzAI, adding a behavior where Zombies feeding on dead bodies with a proper hunger management system. Sounds yummy lol :p

Neviah likes this.
  4. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Manoeuvre FPS - Turrets Tech Demo

Aaron2348 and Neviah like this.
  5. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Added Awesome Turn On Spot Behaviour which is based on the Angle Threshold. It adds that extra cutting edge detail and makes the AI more realistic. Please see below the showcase video where I showed the comparison when we Disable the Turn on Spot and Enable it back. :)

Please give any suggestions of what behaviour you want to see next Added in the AI. :)

Ultimate Zombie AI Showcase #1
    Ultimate Zombie AI - Turn On Spot

6. Neviah

Neviah

Here's the stupidest idea I just thought up of:
    If you implement a Team Deathmatch for Online Multiplayer, after you kill an opponent (without a headshot), their limp body will come back to life as a zombie (AI controlled) around 5-10 seconds later. It's unlike anything I've ever seen in my gaming life, but it happens in The Walking Dead show lol

Aaron2348 likes this.
  7. Neviah

Neviah

Do you know how to bring lots of AI on the screen at once? I'm not sure how to do this technique. Is it GPU instancing? Is it billboarding? I'm not sure, but here's an example of it in action:

8. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

That's the coolest idea I have got man!!!! I will be increasing my team size and will be implementing the Multiplayer then. Thanks for the awesome suggestions bro!! :)

Neviah likes this.
  9. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Well, to be honest, these next gen devices are ultra powerful and they really don't require that much performance.

Look at uzAI, I have 30 Zombies in my mobile build and I get 60+fps. In pc, with 75+ uzAI I get 60+fps. My laptop is core i3 4th gen with gtx 880 lol :p

Now Imagine, for example, we have 30 low poly zombies with same texture atlas being instantiated 200 times using object pooling. I don't think this will impact a PS4, XBOX one, etc in any way...

Well, they even optimize it a lot more and moreover they only target 30fps.
    The whole uncharted 4 and last of us runs at 30fps :p

Since, I don't have the honor to work with these great minds, I can only guess but that's most probably how they really do it.. :)

Neviah likes this.
  10. Neviah

Neviah

Can you implement a point/spot light on the gun? Like a flashlight option if we so desire XD

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    walledcityinfotech and Aaron2348 like this.
  11. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Great!! Okay so what about uzAi can you still change animations to none zombie like ones or is it just going to be built only for zombies?

12. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Ofcourse it is in our roadmap and tbh, I am making the uzAI ready to react to the Light sources. So that not only flashlights, but room, car, etc any light source can alert the uzAI ;)

13. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Animations are all upto you! And if you have right animations, you can make any kind of AI with the uzAI. :) :)

Aaron2348 likes this.
  14. RoyaleJoons

RoyaleJoons

Been looking for a zombie AI solution and yours looks great! Does it feature a way to set spawn points for AI's or does one have to place them manually in game?

Keep up the good work!

15. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi,
    Thanks for the nice words!

I am adding advanced spawning system with wave system.
    I will be using Object Pooling (similar to what I have done in Projectile Turrets) in both wave and spawning system which will make it ultra highly optimized!

And you can of course, place them manually as well :)

Neviah and RoyaleJoons like this.
  16. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys,
    Eating Behaviour is almost done. ;)

It looks very amazing and gives that remaining detail !! :D

P.S: I haven't added a dead body which they will be feeding... But you can see the Red Sphere Gizmo which is the trigger in which they are performing this Eating Behaviour!

Hunger Behaviour.png

P.S: After Adding a Dead Body... Looks Yummy right?? :p

Hunger Behaviour.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    RoyaleJoons and Neviah like this.
  17. jrackley

jrackley

Can you add in a Random Wander range, instead of the AI just being stationary if no waypoints.

18. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome Suggestion bro!!! Will add a bool like AllowRandomPatrol, if it is true, Zombie will be having Random Waypoints within its range of sight.
    Thanks a lot for such a cool idea! :)

19. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

20. Neviah

Neviah

Once I get some monies, I'd be happy to get the pack.

Also, would you mind adding a ranged projectile attack to zombies just in case I want to have a variety of zombies attacking?
    I'd like to have normal zombies, ranged zombies, tanky zombies, zombies that dash and plow through players, zombies that pounce from lengthy distances, etc XD

21. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks bro. Besides Projectile based Zombies, for all the other types you mentioned, you just have to change the Attack Range and the attack animation and you are DONE!! ;)

Shodan0101 and Neviah like this.
  22. RoyaleJoons

RoyaleJoons

Congrats on the releases! Will be picking up the uzAI next week, super excited to play around with it! :) A couple of questions if you don't mind.
    Do zombies have separate hit-boxes for limbs/head/torso etc or is that something I could set up easily on my own if needed?
    Is ragdoll on death possible? Would be cool if dead zombies or dead NPCs remain on the ground for a couple of minutes so zombies can eat the bodies and maybe regain some health.

Again, can't wait to pick it up and try it for my self, keep up the good work!

23. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys,
    I will be pushing the Very First Update most probably by tomorrow :)

Changelogs :

Manoeuvre FPS ::
    • Mobile Controls
    • Turret (Projectile and Raycast)
    • Projectiles with Follow Target
    • Advanced Pooling
    • Equip / Un-Equip bug Removed
    • Inventory More Stable
    • Healthkit Consumption Improved
    • Overall Powerups Improved
    Ultimate Zombie AI ::
    • Added Turn On Spot Animation for realistic Movmements
    • Added Eating Behaviour. Now Zombies get Hungry and search for food. (This can be used as Bait as well)
    • Eating Food increases their Health.
    • Improved AI
    • Improved AI Inspector
    • Removed a Set Destination Minor Bug

***Turrets can Damage Zombies as well

This Means 3 packages will be updated
    1. Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK
    2. Manoeuvre FPS
    3. Ultimate Zombie AI

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  24. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Massive Thanks for your support! :)

Hit Boxes are easy to set up... You can easily each Hit Box to have separate Damage Value and it will send it to OnDamage() of the main uzAIStateManager. I will add this as well in a future update! :)

Regarding ragdoll... Well, I was feeling really lazy in assigning each bone in the Wizard lol but I will now add the Ragdoll on Death in the update too :)

Mind Blowing suggestion !!!! Can't thank you enough for this idea! Will definitely add this one as well ! :)

25. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

In a future update Would it be possible to add an option for health for different body part/Limbs?

26. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I will be creating a dismemberment functionality. Like chopping off head, limbs, if you remove legs, zombie will enter crawl Animset..etc.
    It is definitely in the RoadMap. :)

Thanks for pointing it out bro.

Aaron2348 likes this.
  27. Migueljb

Migueljb

When do you think a beta version of the melee combat will be in talking about bats, crowbars, machetes kicking punching etc? I'm ready to purchase once this is implemented so I can create my stealth game in VR.

28. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hi bro,
    tbh, it will take me only a single day to create what you are looking for... But my only restriction is the 3d models and animations.. :( I have to get a free lance 3d modeller and animator and they are charging super high..

29. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Neviah likes this.
  30. Neviah

Neviah

https://www.mixamo.com/#/?page=1&query=bat&type=Motion,MotionPack

In your guides, you can tell the users to download the animations from mixamo, and they will work after that.

31. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks bro,this is exactly what I am doing in the uzAI. I have used Mixamo's animations only and clearly wrote it in the Asset's Description :)
    But first person rigged arms and weapons is no where to be found... :(

Neviah likes this.
  32. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys,
    Pushed the very first update v1.1 of all three packages
    > Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK
    > Manoeurve FPS
    > Ultimate Zombie AI - uzAI

13.jpg

14.jpg

9.png 10.png

Please support us by buying any of the three. It will really help me to keep making more!! :)

[MEGA PACK] - [Manoeuvre FPS] - [Ultimate Zombie AI]

Thank You! :)

Neviah likes this.
  33. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Next AI Behaviour :
    Jumping / Vaulting / Climbing obstacles! :)

Off Mesh Tests.png

Aaron2348, Brian-Ryer and Neviah like this.
  34. Neviah

Neviah

Professional Parkour zombies!
    Watch out!
    Do you have any animations where a zombie can bust through a window to scare the pants out of people walking near them? rofl

35. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I am working on the most generic off-mesh links on the Asset Store! :cool:
    Just replace the Animation and you will have what you want! I will be using Curves to define the motion for the Off Mesh Traversals :)
    Just wish me luck this is the first time I am putting my hands on this thing:confused::confused:...

But this is EXACTLY what AAA studios (like Madfinger games) do! ;);)

36. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Just a WIP video guys, can't wait to share the full result tomorrow! :) :)

RoyaleJoons likes this.
  37. Migueljb

Migueljb

As for the arms would you be able to grab arms off mixamo and use those for your system? I've used there auto rigger before and you can auto rig a character and import it into 3ds max and then use the biped animation system with it for unity and works great for animations in unity. Or does mixamo not allow that. Find a character you like in mixamo customize it then rig it. Import it into 3dmax and use the mixamo script to make the rig to biped then cut up the mesh to use just the arms. It's not the best way to do things but it could be a place holder so when someone wants to purchase arms and animations off the asset store they can just replace yours with theres maybe. Just an idea to get the melee system going.

38. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

As soon as the uzAI off mesh gets finished, I have 2 Assets with animated arms and weapons.

1. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10097

2. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17460

I will be using these for the placeholders and once it gets done, I will be getting the designer and animator ready to do the job! :)
    With this done, I will add support for procedural Manoeuvre + Animations Manoeuvre of the Weapons!!
    So you can expect everything to be done by next week!! I am so excited to work on this :)

Aaron2348, RoyaleJoons and Neviah like this.
  39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, off mesh links are looking awesome! And with these implemented, you can have a zombie / enemy AI which can climb / reach LITERALLY any place whatsoever! :)

The most important thing is you just have to swap the animations and edit the curve in the Inspector and... that's it!
    With this unique workflow technique I created these 2 off mesh links in under 5 mins lol :D

So Guys, please see the GIFs and tell us what you think!

This is the Vault which I showed yesterday...

ezgif.com-crop.gif

This is Wall Climb which I created today..

ezgif.com-crop (1).gif

Please support us for further development of this Asset by buying the one you need from the Below Links!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    RoyaleJoons and Neviah like this.
  40. RoyaleJoons

RoyaleJoons

Any chance of a tutorial on how to get started using uzAI and Invector melee/shooter? I got a couple of errors that seem to be tag/layer related. Was able to get a zombie to chase & attack me but wasn't able to figure how to deal damage to zombie or zombie to deal dmg to player >.<

I got these errors when trying to play the demo scene in a new project as well so I was wondering if there are tags that don't get added when importing the asset to a project.

uzAI.uzAIZombieStateManager:Awake() (at Assets/Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK/Ultimate Zombie Artificial Intelligence [uzAI]/Scripts/uzAI Zombie Behaviour/uzAIZombieStateManager.cs:99)

uzAI.ZombieChaseTargetBehaviour:Initialize(uzAIZombieStateManager, NavMeshAgent, Animator) (at Assets/Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK/Ultimate Zombie Artificial Intelligence [uzAI]/Scripts/uzAI Zombie Behaviour/uzAIZombieStateManager.cs:712)
    uzAI.uzAIZombieStateManager:Awake() (at Assets/Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK/Ultimate Zombie Artificial Intelligence [uzAI]/Scripts/uzAI Zombie Behaviour/uzAIZombieStateManager.cs:111)

Just tried with update 1.1 and same issues.
    Keep up the good work!

41. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hmm, that's odd, I will import it and see if I get the same errors.
    Regarding damage, it's very simple, you just have to call the onDamage method of Zombie like this.

uzAIZombieStateManager.zombieHealth.OnDamage(damage Amount );

Since I am not on a system right now, so I can't check it so, please make sure zombieHealth is spelled correctly. :)

Thanks for your support and patience! :)

Neviah likes this.
  42. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi man, this is such an unfortunate thing. I just saw that if we export the package under Scripting/AI category, Unity don't export the Layers and Tags. This is why you are getting these errors like Tag U, Tag D is not defined.
    This is so insane... I am now changing the category of the package to Complete Project/Systems.

I am very sorry, I didn't knew that Unity just messes up the whole thing while exporting under AI category..

I have now pushed the next update v1.1a which will be under Complete Project/Systems and it will be available most probably by Thursday!

Thanks a lot for your patience and THANKS A LOT FOR POINTING THIS THING OUT! :) :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

RoyaleJoons likes this.
  43. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi,
    I have sent you the Latest Version of uzAI i.e v1.1a. Please check your inbox!

Thanks for your support!

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

RoyaleJoons likes this.
  44. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, the last off mesh link is DONE!!! ;)

Please have a look and drop your thoughts!
    By tomorrow I will complete this with custom Inspector and then start with animated hands for Manoeuvre FPS! ;)

Dropping from a height : Just define the start and end of the off mesh links and edit the curve. Can be Easily replaced with any animation. this off mesh link took me less then 10 mins to create after getting right animation from Mixamo.

ezgif.com-crop (2).gif

Please support us for further development of this Asset by buying the one you need from the Below Links!

45. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Ultimate Zombie AI Showcase #2
    Ultimate Zombie AI - Off mesh Links

Neviah likes this.
  46. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome News
    Offmesh Links are DONE!!!

11.png

Now next thing is adding Animated Hands and Melee weapon support for Manoeuvre FPS!

Neviah likes this.
  47. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Roadmap :
    • Add Eating Behaviour [uzAI]
    • Add Offmesh Links [uzAI]
    • Add Animated arms [Manoeuvre FPS]
    • Add Melee Weapon Support [Manoeuvre FPS]
    • Create an Awesome Tech Demo similar to this :

Edit : 3 are DONE, and I can't wait to finish the rest without taking any sort of rest !! ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Shodan0101 likes this.
  48. Migueljb

Migueljb

If you can get that type of game play with your system this definitely will be something special you are creating here. As a Level Designer I need something like this so I can just get back to creating environments and lighting and let your system take care of the gameplay and games I want to create.

Will the melee system be something where I can purchase say a melee weapons pack off the store and integrate into your system?

Also when do you think you might be working on VR integration as well? I understand get all the basics out of the way so the system really has some great things to offer like it has now and you seem to be working at a great pace. I will be purchasing the Mega Pack this week just to support what your are doing here to let you know there's many people like me that sorely need something like you are creating and really appreciate all the hard work your putting into this.

Eagerly waiting for your melee system:)

walledcityinfotech and Neviah like this.
  49. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks a lot bro!
    Once melee system will be done(which it will be by this week hopefully) I will create a basic level with probuilder. The MEGA PACK in its current state looks breath taking anyways :) but still I am damn sure once the animated hand will be implemented, it will be on another level.

I will be creating the melee system both animation based and procedural based which means if you have animations, awesome. If you don't then you can use the procedural method! :cool::cool:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  50. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome News guys, the Animated Weapons are now fully supported in Manoeuvre FPS!!! Have a look at the WIP video.
    Next is the Melee Weapon support and I am Working On IT!!!!

P.S This is the Asset that I have used for the animated weapon. Once everything is solid, I will be getting my own animated arms ready! :)