Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Magica Cloth

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hoshos, Jan 22, 2020.

1. hoshos

hoshos

I was relieved that the problem seems to be solved.
    I've looked at the source code, but I'm not sure why it conflicts.
    If you do not mind deleting it, please do so.

NSokolovskyi likes this.
  2. hoshos

hoshos

Update: 1.7.0

v1.7.0 has been released on the Asset Store!
    http://u3d.as/1Hzx

This time, two functions, Surface Penetration and Collider Penetration, have been added.
    This feature can significantly improve the problem of cloth penetration.
    In addition, the project settings IL2CPP and Unsafe Code are no longer required.

See here for how to set up Penetration.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/prevent-penetration-2/

Also added is a skirt setup guide with BoneCloth and MeshCloth.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/boneclothskirtguide-2/
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/meshclothskirtguide-2/

Important matter:
    However, due to various reasons, the data format has changed, and the old data no longer works.
    In this case, please re-create the data by pressing the [Create] button of each cloth component again.
    There is no need to paint vertices or reset parameters.

Release Note:
    Note: The data format has changed and the old data no longer starts. You need to press the [Create] button again to recreate the data.
    Feature: Added Surface Penetration function.
    Feature: Added Collider Penetration function.
    Feature: It can be used together with Entity Component System.In Unity2018.4 / Unity2019.2, you need to set the MAGICACLOTH_ECS define in your project.
    Feature: It is now possible to display vertex / particle axes (XYZ) from the cloth monitor.
    Improvement: The collision detection has been improved.
    Improvement: The project setting of Unsafe Code is no longer required.
    Improvement: Depth display of cloth monitor now shows the current value.
    Improvement: Fixed the problem that the simulation becomes unstable when the weight of the movable bone is already included in the mesh.
    Fix: Fixed the spelling mistake of [Create] button of MeshCloth.
    Fix: Fixed the problem which falls into an infinite loop at the time of data creation of Virtual Deformer.

3. Micho_Dev

Micho_Dev

Thank you for developing a good asset. I'm having a little problem.
    Parts are broken when the character's scale changes. Parts with physical components.

So I tried to disable the component before it got smaller and turn it on again when it got smaller,
    and it was still broken when I turned it on again.

I want to add a smaller or bigger effect, but is there any other way?
    When the character got smaller, I detached the part and attached back, Then the broken thing came back !
    But In that way, I need a method to update the "all current avatar parts" again. Not just one parts.
    I need a help because I have a thin knowledge of coding.

I updated to 1.7.0 . The updates have made the results quite natural !
    But the problem still hasn't been resolved.

Attached Files:

4. hoshos

hoshos

Hello,
    First of all, please understand that MagicaCloth does not yet support scaling at runtime.
    Did this issue occur in 1.7.0?
    Or did it happen from before (1.6.1)?

5. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Hey I thought I'd show off a model I did using Magica! Its a sort of overview of the 'making of' a photo-real horse. Magica was used on the mane, tail, and reins and looks incredible!

I have some feedback about Magica, and my experience working with it if anyone wants to message me.

6. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

@hoshos SURFACE PENETRATION!! YESSS!! THANK YOU!! :D

7. hoshos

hoshos

That's great!
    I'm surprised that it looks so real.
    The molding of the horses is also beautiful.
    Thank you!

8. hoshos

hoshos

Surface Penetration has almost the same functions as Unity Cloth.
    However, Suface Penetration will not work unless the mesh is properly skinned on the moving bones.
    Therefore, we have prepared Collider Penetration as an extension.
    This limits penetration to the nearest collider and is a proprietary implementation of MagicaCloth.

https://magicasoft.jp/en/prevent-penetration-2/

These two functions prevent intrusion.

atomicjoe and DragonSix like this.
  9. nekoneko777

nekoneko777

Hi Hoshos,
    I am excited to use the surface penetration (not tried yet)

Question regarding to the performance.
    I have 10 characters with Uniform cloth in the scene. each character has 600 virtual deformer verts.
    The game is a little bit heavy in CPU (lots of realtime calculation) so the cloth is not the only reason but the game runs with pretty poor fps like 30fps (on iPhone7s). and it bumps up to 60fps when i hide the cloth.

I know Unity cloth was heavy (or even heavier) so I know 10 characters with cloth is a quite challenging for this game.
    But I wonder if there is any, what kind of optimization you could suggest me to make 10 cloth characters running possibly in 60fps?

Also, what's the best way to disable cloth all together? I think i need to do that for the poorer spec devices.

Also, occasionally when the game teleports the character, the cloth gets stuck with collisions. what's the best way to reset the cloth for that case? (disable component and enable again?)

Appreciate your help.

10. hoshos

hoshos

Hello,
    You currently have the following options for this question

(1) How to disable the cloth
    All of the cloth components run on the MonoBehaviour system in Unity.
    Therefore, it can be easily stopped by turning off the enabled flag of MonoBehaviour.
    It is also possible to set the Active flag of GameObject to OFF.

(2) Automatic OFF by distance
    By setting the Distance Disable parameter, the simulation can be turned off automatically if it is more than a certain distance from the specified object (usually the main camera).
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/distance-disable-2/

(3) Teleport setting
    World Influence's Reset After Teleport allows you to automatically reset the simulation if you warp above a certain speed.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/paramater-world-influence-2/

(4) Reset by program
    You can reset the cloth simulation manually by using ResetCloth() in the cloth component API.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/basecloth-2/

(5) Delayed execution
    Delayed execution is possible by setting the UpdateMode of the Physics Manager to [Delay Unscaled Time].
    In this mode, the cloth simulation can be run during rendering to significantly reduce CPU usage.
    However, the result will be delayed by one frame.
    Keep in mind that this makes the simulation inaccurate.
    When using this mode, it is recommended that the FPS be at least 60.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/magica-cloth-physics-manager-2/

That's all there is to it.

11. Goldrake

Goldrake

i can't get the package working. I tried many times to reinstall the dependencies packages, reboot unity, i tried with the versions suggested in the doc, with the new ones suggested by you, but nothing. Please can you help me?
    I have Unity 2019.3.14f1
    Burst 1.3.0
    jobs 0.2.9preview15
    Mathematics 1.1.0
    Collections 0.8.0preview5

The project is URP
    IL2CPP + net4.0 + unsave code + use incremental gc

I tried your demo and also a new mesh
    As i said i tried also with the versions of the documentation. but nothing, the same errors appears

I get this errors:
    InvalidOperationException: VertexToParticleJob.vertexToParticleMap is not declared [ReadOnly] in a IJobParallelFor job. The container does not support parallel writing. Please use a more suitable container type.

InvalidOperationException: The previously scheduled job VirtualMeshWorker:ReadMeshPositionJob writes to the NativeArray ReadMeshPositionJob.transformPosList. You are trying to schedule a new job PhysicsManagerBoneData:ReadBoneJob0, which writes to the same NativeArray (via ReadBoneJob0.bonePosList). To guarantee safety, you must include VirtualMeshWorker:ReadMeshPositionJob as a dependency of the newly scheduled job.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index 92 is out of restricted IJobParallelFor range [0...7] in ReadWriteBuffer.
    ReadWriteBuffers are restricted to only read & write the element at the job index. You can use double buffering strategies to avoid race conditions due to reading & writing in parallel to the same elements from a job.

Attached Files:

12. khos

khos

Hi, I would like to ask, can this asset be used to simulate hair, e.g. if I have a static mesh (the hair on head), no bones? I am interested to buy/try but would like some clarification on this, or is there a tutorial/documentation on how to set this up?

13. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Yes. You don't need bones to simulate cloth or hair physics.
    Also, with the recent inclusion of Surface Penetration, it's even easier to do.

14. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Thank you very much for contacting us.
    I have investigated this issue, but have been unable to reproduce it in this environment.
    The environment tested here is as follows.

Windows 10<DX11>
    Unity2019.3.14f1
    URP.
    Burst 1.3.0
    Jobs 0.2.9 preview15
    Collections 0.8.0 preview5
    Mathematics 1.1.0
    IL2CPP
    .Net4.0
    Unsafe Code ON
    Use incremental gc

Since it's probably a dependency issue for each package, could you please test the following

(1)Restart the Unity editor.

(2)Bringing the Jobs package up to date.
    Currently, the latest version of Jobs is Jobs 0.2.10 preview11.

(3)Try to reinstall only the Jobs package.
    If that doesn't work, uninstall all of the Burst / Jobs / Collections / Mathematics packages.
    Then try to install only the latest version of the Jobs package.
    This will automatically install the Burst / Collections / Mathematics packages required for Jobs.

15. hoshos

hoshos

Hello, khos.
    MagicaCloth can work with both hair with and without bones.
    However, if you have a complex structure like hair, you may get better results if you put a bone in it and make it work with BoneCloth.
    If you don't have a bone in it, use MeshCloth.
    In this case, for example, with long hair, the back and forth of the layers may be a little bothering if you do complicated movements.
    This cannot be said uniformly because it depends on the structure of the hair.

I'm gifting a rated version of MagicaCloth to your [Inbox].
    If you like, please test it out before you buy.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

khos likes this.
  16. khos

khos

Wow, this incredible,many thanks for the rated version which I will test out. If I like of course then I'll buy, your asset has a very reasonable price! Very grateful for your support and approach to this.

17. XCO

XCO

Hello :)

I just bought your package and was wondering if you can help me ? I am on 2018.4.14 and I tried downloading Burst/Math/jobs

But when I download JOBS I get these errors ?

Attached Files:

18. hoshos

hoshos

Hello,
    Try to get all the required packages up to date.

(Unity2018.4)
    Burst 1.3.0
    Collections 0.0.9 preview12
    Jobs 0.0.7 preview 6
    Mathematics 1.1.0

Can you check if this gives an error?

XCO likes this.
  19. XCO

XCO

Thanx bro!! I just needed to add collections :)

20. hoshos

hoshos

Update: 1.7.1

v1.7.1 has been released on the Asset Store!

This time it is almost a bug fix.

Release Note:
    Feature: Added access function to [World Influence] [Collider Collision] [Penetration] parameter to API.
    Improvement: When data has not been created yet, instead of an error in the information, it now shows the state that there is no data.
    FIX: Fixed the problem that an error occurs when the collection package 0.9.0 or more is included.
    FIX: Fixed the error that occurs when the [ReadOnly] attribute is custom defined.

XCO and Acissathar like this.
  21. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

@hoshos

Hows the cloth gripping function going? :)

22. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    I'm sorry, it will take a little longer.
    The current development tasks are:

* Supports runtime scaling of characters
    * Added support for Collider runtime

The ability to grab will probably be next.
    I will implement this feature, so please take a moment.

23. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure it's still on your list.

hoshos likes this.
  24. siumanchun

siumanchun

Hi !
    Please Add Mesh Collider !
    Ťhank You !

25. hoshos

hoshos

Thank you for your feedback!
    I also want to introduce a mesh collider.
    However, due to its high level of difficulty, it is now added well behind the roadmap.
    It won't be implemented for a while, but I hope to start working someday.
    Probably... maybe half a year ahead.

26. khos

khos

Looks like I will be purchasing your asset, so far with following your documentation I have got some encouraging results, it's exciting! But my mesh's (uses your meshcloth stuff) material that changes colour at runtime for some reason, it always goes to black, sample screenshot:
    upload_2020-6-4_18-5-25.png

If you can give me some pointers sort control this then it looks like I'll be a customer :)
    Maybe I just missed something obvious.

Many thanks,

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  27. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Perhaps something is wrong with the mesh normals. (Possibility that the normal is upside down)
    Can you see the wireframe image of the hair mesh with Virtual Deformer applied?

28. MasterStrategist

MasterStrategist

These are really good news, we're rather hesitant to intergrate Magica Cloth now as we're using scaling a lot.

Hopefully we'll get to do that soon, the simulation and performance is just amazing.
    You're really enabling a different level of cloth sim for all of us!

XCO and hoshos like this.
  29. hoshos

hoshos

Update: 1.7.2

v1.7.2 has been released on the Asset Store!

Added support for scaling at runtime.
    (However, there are some restrictions)
    Also, if you need to [Create] when changing parameters, the bar color will change to yellow.

runtime-scale-1.jpg

Scaling constraints:
    (1)It is necessary to [Create] data because scale data is required. You can still use the old data, but you cannot scale it.
    (2)In Unity 2018, there seems to be a check on Update Bone Scale of PhysicsaManager.
    runtime-scale-2.jpg
    (3)In Unity 2018, there is no choice but to get the scale value in the main thread, which is a load. It was useless here. In Unity 2019 or later, there is almost no load because the scale value can be taken with the Job system.

Release Note:
    Feature: Added support for scaling at runtime.
    Improvement: The color of the parameter bar of the inspector will change to yellow when the data needs to be reconstructed due to the parameter change.
    FIX: Fixed an issue that caused an error due to the initialization order of Cloth components.
    FIX: Fixed an issue where the Influence Target would not switch when attaching AvatarParts.
    FIX: Fixed an issue that sometimes caused an error when deleting a Prefab in Project.

XCO and MasterStrategist like this.
  30. Hobodi

Hobodi

Hi again. Is it possible to consider using a standard Unity wind?

31. m506

m506

Hi,

If I create a meshcloth in a gameobject that is attached to an armature, the following error occurs at runtime:

ArgumentException: length is greater than the number of elements from dstIndex to the end of the destination NativeArray.
    Parameter name: length
    Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].Copy (T[] src, System.Int32 srcIndex, Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] dst, System.Int32 dstIndex, System.Int32 length) (at <480508088aee40cab70818ff164a29d5>:0)
    MagicaCloth.NativeArrayExtension.CopyFromFast[T,T2] (Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] nativeArray, System.Int32 startIndex, T2[] array) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Utility/NativeCollection/NativeArrayExtension.cs:80)
    MagicaCloth.PhysicsManagerMeshData.SetRenderSharedMeshData (System.Int32 renderMeshIndex, UnityEngine.Vector3[] sharedVertices, UnityEngine.Vector3[] sharedNormals, UnityEngine.Vector4[] sharedTangents, Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] sharedBonesPerVertex, Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] sharedBoneWeights) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Physics/Manager/PhysicsManagerMeshData.cs:1475)
    MagicaCloth.RenderMeshDeformer.OnInit () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Deformer/Common/RenderMeshDeformer.cs:189)
    MagicaCloth.BaseMeshDeformer.Init () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Deformer/Common/BaseMeshDeformer.cs:139)
    MagicaCloth.MagicaRenderDeformer.OnInit () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Deformer/Component/MagicaRenderDeformer.cs:73)
    MagicaCloth.CoreComponent.Init () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Physics/CoreComponent/CoreComponent.cs:144)
    MagicaCloth.VirtualMeshDeformer.OnInit () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Deformer/Common/VirtualMeshDeformer.cs:133)
    MagicaCloth.BaseMeshDeformer.Init () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Deformer/Common/BaseMeshDeformer.cs:139)
    MagicaCloth.BaseCloth.BaseClothInit () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Cloth/Common/BaseCloth.cs:197)
    MagicaCloth.BaseCloth.OnInit () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Cloth/Common/BaseCloth.cs:152)
    MagicaCloth.MagicaMeshCloth.OnInit () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Cloth/MeshCloth/MagicaMeshCloth.cs:70)
    MagicaCloth.CoreComponent.Init () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Physics/CoreComponent/CoreComponent.cs:144)
    MagicaCloth.CoreComponent.Start () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Physics/CoreComponent/CoreComponent.cs:66)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index -1 is out of range of '8' Length.
    Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].FailOutOfRangeError (System.Int32 index) (at <480508088aee40cab70818ff164a29d5>:0)
    Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].CheckElementReadAccess (System.Int32 index) (at <480508088aee40cab70818ff164a29d5>:0)
    Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <480508088aee40cab70818ff164a29d5>:0)
    MagicaCloth.FixedNativeList`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Utility/NativeCollection/FixedNativeList.cs:158)
    MagicaCloth.RenderMeshDeformer.AddUseMesh (System.Object parent) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Deformer/Common/RenderMeshDeformer.cs:313)
    MagicaCloth.VirtualMeshDeformer.AddUseMesh (System.Object parent) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Deformer/Common/VirtualMeshDeformer.cs:413)
    MagicaCloth.BaseCloth.SetUseMesh (System.Boolean sw) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Cloth/Common/BaseCloth.cs:390)
    MagicaCloth.BaseCloth.OnActive () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Cloth/Common/BaseCloth.cs:160)
    MagicaCloth.MagicaMeshCloth.OnActive () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Cloth/MeshCloth/MagicaMeshCloth.cs:75)
    MagicaCloth.CoreComponent.OnUpdateStatus () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Physics/CoreComponent/CoreComponent.cs:186)
    MagicaCloth.RuntimeStatus.UpdateStatus () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Utility/Data/RuntimeStatus.cs:205)
    MagicaCloth.RuntimeStatus.UpdateStatus () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Utility/Data/RuntimeStatus.cs:210)
    MagicaCloth.CoreComponent.Init () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Physics/CoreComponent/CoreComponent.cs:148)
    MagicaCloth.CoreComponent.Start () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Core/Physics/CoreComponent/CoreComponent.cs:66)

If I go to my 3d software and detach it from the armature, then it works fine. Is it how it is supposed to work? My understanding is that the parts painted should be part of the cloth simulation and the non-painted would still benefit from regular armature weight animation.

Thanks

32. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    It's a little difficult to use Unity Wind as it is.
    This is because it takes a lot of load to pass the data in the Wind Zone to the Job System.
    However, there is room for consideration as it is possible if the additional load is acceptable.
    However, there is no plan to implement it for a while.
    (Separately planned to add MagicaWindZone)

Hobodi likes this.
  33. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Thank you for contacting me.
    I would like some more information to find the problem.
    First, can you ask the following questions and tests?

(1) Unity version used
    2018.4 / 2019.2 / 2019.3 / 2019.4 ..?

(2) Version of MagicaCloth
    The latest version is 1.7.2. Are you using that version?
    You can check the version by going to Tools -> MagicaCloth -> About in the menu.

(3) Is the package the latest?
    Are all Jobs / Burst / Collections / Mathematics packages up to date?

(4) Does the sample work?
    Is the UnityChanClothSample sample scene working without error?

Thank you.

34. Hobodi

Hobodi

Thank you. I think it'll be good if in future we can choose in Magica Physics Managers between Legacy physics(colliders, wind ant other) and new faster Dots physics.
    I hope Unity will rewrite standard components under DOTS in future, that you can free to use all the features.

hoshos likes this.
  35. m506

m506

Hi, See information below:
    Unity 2019.3.13f1
    MagicaCloth 1.7.1
    Jobs 0.2.10 preview11 / Burst 1.3.0 / Collections 0.9.0 preview5 / Mathematics 1.1.0
    The scene works without error however I can see the shirt doesn't have any weighting on it in the original fbx file. Can it be that the mecanim system takes over the vertices and make it not accesible for MagicaCloth?

36. hoshos

hoshos

Hello, m506.
    First of all, I was relieved that the error disappeared.
    Regarding the weight of the shirt, I couldn't understand the problem a little.
    Could you please tell me the problem you are experiencing with images etc. if possible?

37. m506

m506

Hi. After updating the project and recreating the objects the error is gone and cannot be reproduced anymore. I suspect it was related to a conflict with the armature or the "Animation Rigging" package. If I am able to trap any errors again I will submit a sample for you. Thanks!

hoshos likes this.
  38. m506

m506

Hi, the error
    Hi, just so you know, this error happens when you add a MagicaRenderDeformer in a MeshRenderer object when the it has any weighting. Everything works fine when you add the deformer in a SkinnedMeshRenderer instead.
    I was first evaluating the product but I can say it is truly amazing so I am going for it!
    Thanks

39. hoshos

hoshos

Thank you for your report.
    I was able to reproduce the error here as well.
    I get an error when I set a mesh with vertex weights to the MeshRenderer and use MeshCloth.
    I would like to fix it in the next version.
    Thank you.

40. formatc2013

formatc2013

Hi everyone!
    I'm just wondering if Magica works under 2019.4. And with MonoBehaviours in the project?
    We are very interested in buying the asset, is there a test version we can play around with?
    Many thanks

41. hoshos

hoshos

Hello!
    MagicaCloth works fine in Unity 2019.4.
    For some reason, it doesn't work yet because there is no Jobs package in Unity2020.
    MagicaCloth also works with MonoBehaviour.
    I don't use ECS.
    Only use JobSystem+Burst compilation.
    Send the evaluation version to your [InBox].
    Try it out!

42. Acissathar

Acissathar

Just imported into 2020.2a15 and (at least Mesh Cloth) is working great too, in case anyone was wondering.

43. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    I can't find the Jobs package in Unity2020, and I get an error related to NativeHashMap. How did you solve it?
    It would be helpful if you could tell me.

44. Acissathar

Acissathar

To show preview packages now, you have to enable it under Edit -> Project Settings -> Package Manager.

For what it's worth though, I just imported the whole Entities package rather than each one individually.

Hobodi likes this.
  45. hoshos

hoshos

I found it!
    I never thought there was a check box in such a place.
    Thanks to that, it will work in Unity 2020.
    I will post this in the documentation later.
    Thank you!
    package-1.jpg

Acissathar, DragonSix and Hobodi like this.
  46. hoshos

hoshos

47. corjn

corjn

Hey there,

It seems like Z test selection is broken in Unity 2019.3.15, how to repro :

-Make a sphere mesh cloth
    -Try to paint one side of the sphere with Z Test On
    -Notice how the points will also be painted on the other side of the sphere.

Thanks for your time :)

48. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Thank you for contacting me.
    Actually, this is not a bug for now.
    The current vertex paint does not consider collision detection of surface polygons.
    Therefore, the hit test at the cursor position also penetrates the back side.
    By checking [Z Test On & Select Near Point Only], you can select only the front side when two or more balls overlap.
    However, after all, if you click the gap between the polygons, you can select the back sphere.

We have received a few reports on this issue.
    The original implementation is not good, so I would like to fix it somewhere.

corjn likes this.
  49. corjn

corjn

Hey, thanks for the support !
    I want to use magica cloth with hairs, having something like 5000 stands, without this feature it's going to be hard to select rhe roots one by one. Would you already have a solution for this ?
    One idea to solve the problem : instead of paiting, which can be very long and hard on high res meshes, why not making a mesh overlap selector ? Let's say with probuilder, you create a mesh that will overlap the vertices you want to be fixed, and every vertices outside of this mesh would be considered free to move in the simulation.
    Don't know how hard this would be to be implemented in your asset though.

50. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    I can't do vertex painting soon, but I'd like to fix it in the future.
    (I want to do this by the end of the year)

As you may already know about fine mesh, MagicaCloth has a function called Virtual Deformer.

https://magicasoft.jp/en/magicaclothmeshclothstart-2/

You can use this function to convert high polygons to low polygons for simulation.
    Please consider this adjustment.