Search Unity

[RELEASED] Magica Cloth

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hoshos, Jan 22, 2020.

1. hoshos

hoshos

Hello, Shii!
    Thank you for your report!
    As you pointed out, this code is meaningless and the vertexWeightList is always empty.
    However, when I checked the processing, this data is used only by MeshCloth and not by BoneCloth / BoneSpring.
    So it's okay.
    We will remove this code in the next version.

2. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    First, do the characters pose exactly the same before and after teleporting?
    Or does teleport change the pose instantly?
    If teleporting switches poses, you should use "Reset" instead of "Keep".
    If you are concerned about the movement of the bag when resetting, try increasing the value of "Stabilization Time After Reset" in the "World Influence" panel.
    This has the effect of making the movement more stable when resetting.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/paramater-world-influence-2/

3. ClementSchepens

ClementSchepens

The pose is not exactly the same but quite similar.
    Even with "Reset" and a "Stabilization Time After Reset" at 1, the movement can be seen. It is just slower.

4. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    The "Keep" setting is fine if the post teleport poses are exactly the same, but if they are different, the simulation will be disturbed.
    There is currently no way to solve this, and there is still no choice but to "Reset".
    However, it may look a little cleaner by setting the "Blend Weight" to 0 for teleporting and then returning it to 1.0 over time.
    Use the following API for this:
    public float Blend Weight;
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/basecloth-2/
    Consider this method as well.

5. Simon_11

Simon_11

Hi Hoshos and thanks for you reply. No worries about this, this is still very handy and powerful.
    I have another question though: Will you implement box collider by any chance?
    Thanks again!

6. hoshos

hoshos

Hello, Simon!
    Box Collider is planned.
    However, since it is more difficult than balls and capsules, we cannot tell if it can be put to practical use without testing.
    I plan to test it at least once this year.

ikazrima likes this.
  7. pixel_maniacs

pixel_maniacs

Hi there, could you please start using asmdef files for your editor folders?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  8. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    The Editor folder already contains the asmdef file.
    Is there something wrong with the settings?
    upload_2021-10-7_17-24-30.png

9. hoshos

hoshos

Update: 1.11.1

v1.11.1 has been released on the Asset Store!
    http://u3d.as/1Hzx

Fixed the vibration problem that occurs in BoneSpring / MeshSpring etc. when the update mode is Unity Physics.
    RenderDeformer also has a Bounds Update Mode option that resolves camera clipping issues.
    bounds-2.jpg

Release Note:
    Added: An error message is displayed for meshes that are set to "Keep Quads" in the model importer.
    The "Keep Quads" mesh does not work properly.
    Added: Added API to set "Clamp Position".
    Added: RenderDeformer now has an option to extend the mesh's bounding box.
    This option can be used to solve the problem that the mesh is present but not drawn to the camera.
    Fix: Fixed vibration issue when update mode is "Unity Physics".

https://magicasoft.jp/en/release-note-2/

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Acissathar likes this.
  10. GrassWhooper

GrassWhooper

Hello
    Small question, so my main target platforms are:
    Windows/Linux/Mac/Xbox Series S and X/Playstation 5
    does this asset support these platforms
    and lastly, can this asset be used without the Burst/Unity Job System, and IL2CPP,(for some reason IL2CPP just fails a lot on my end, so i'd heavily wish not to ever get close to it)

and how would those packages effect the multi platform compatability, and most importantly, the stability (honestly, i never used Jobs/Burst before, and i do not want my project crashing or not building for reasons i can not control, due to them being experimental)
    i am talking about this as of unity 2019.4.30f1 by the way.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  11. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    MagicaCloth is available on all platforms except WebGL.
    However, this is a functional story of Unity, and I have never actually tested it on Linux / Xbox / PS5.
    Therefore, you will not know until you actually operate it.

IL2CPP is not required, it works with Mono as well.
    But Burst / Job System is mandatory.
    MagicaCloth is deeply coupled with the Job System and Burst compilers.

Burst has been officially released, but JobSystem is still an experimental feature.
    Therefore, the possibility of problems cannot be ruled out.
    So far, there are no reports that it does not work on certain terminals.

12. mrrusby

mrrusby

if you instance a prefab with the magica cloth modifiers on, any instance of that prefab placed in anther scene has the
    modifers on too, which is great, BUT the instance cloth does not work properly, sim looks poor
    in comparison. it's almost like it has 2 sets of modfiers on, one set on the root, one on the instance, because yuo can
    modifer parameters independently of each other. Did I do soemhting wrong. if i have the same character in 3 scenes
    i do not want to set up cloth each time

13. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    First of all, what function does a modifier mean?
    It would be helpful if you could tell me the name of the feature.
    (I'm using translation, so I still don't understand it well)

14. hoshos

hoshos

Update: 1.11.2

v1.11.2 has been released on the Asset Store!

This time, it is finally possible to call the creation of a component from an external script.
    Along with that, a batch converter called [Build Menu] has also been added.
    It can be started from Tools / Magica Cloth / Build Menu.
    Also, the operation of Clamp Rotation has become more stable.
    buildmenu-1.jpg

Release Note:
    Added: A menu has been added to create components externally.
    It can be started from Tools / Magica Cloth / Build Menu.
    From this menu you can batch process component creation and algorithm upgrades.
    Added: Removed the UseAnimatedPose flag and added SkinningMode instead.
    By setting Skinning Mode to "User Animation", the distance and angle will be calculated according to the posture changed after the animation.
    If the animation changes the shape of the cloth, you can get good results by enabling this option.
    This "User Animation" is ON by default.
    Added: Added support for Unity 2021.2 and later.
    Fix: Fixed an issue that caused an error while displaying gizmo.
    Improvement: The component creation process can now be called externally.
    See BuildManager.cs in the Scripts / Editor / Build folder.
    Improvement: The operation of Clamp Rotation of Algorithm 2 is more stable.
    Improvement: Changed the display of "Base Pose" in Cloth Monitor from sphere to mesh shape.
    Improvement: Some presets have been readjusted.
    Improvement: Colorized some logs.

iileychen and Acissathar like this.
  15. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello I would liek to buy Your ssytem, I have 2 questions:

1.Is that support LOd group? I mean is changes beeteenn lod group with and without magica cloth is smooth? without jump etc. We would liek to mainly use it on our characters.

2.What is Performance according to Obi Clot, or unity build in Cloth? Do You have any comparision video, like showing the same skirt/ cothes on Magic and then on Unity cloth?

16. hoshos

hoshos

Hello!

(1)
    LOD is not supported

(2)
    There is no motion comparison video.
    In terms of performance, Magica Cloth is slower than Unity Cloth.
    However, Magica Cloth uses the Job System, so the more cores the CPU has, the faster it will be.
    This works well with today's multi-core CPUs.
    Therefore, it is not possible to make a general comparison.

17. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

I udnerstand lod is not supported but, If I change from LOD0 to LOD1(where there is no magica) will it just popup normal way when I go back to LOD0 . cause unity cloth has bug here where initialization of clothes make it totally Jumpy by 1-2 frames. Is magica jumpy on lod initialization / change too?

Ok I understand, But isnt possible to make comparisiton on exactyl the same 6-8 cpu core (most people have it probably (players))

But overall sounds good. Also Is Your system support consoles and win/mac/linux?

18. FlyStone

FlyStone

When applying the LOD system, i ask you about optimization.
    Two MeshCloths were applied to each LOD level.
    Like screenshots, games work well without problems.

However, it is predicted that not only LOD 1's clothes but also LOD 0's clothes will be simulated in the LOD 1 level state.

This is not solved by Disposable Distance, so another way is needed.
    If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thank you for making a great asset.

Attached Files:

19. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

COuld you say more, I'm interesting in buying product but We also are using lods? Do You mean that even if there is lod 1, 2 etc it still perform caculation on LOD0 with magica?

20. FlyStone

FlyStone

As far as I know, what the LOD group does controls only the Renderer.
    It seems that the separate components added to each LOD should be turned on/off directly.
    If there's a good way, please share it.
    Thank you.

21. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    The simulation will be reset if the MagicaCloth component becomes active again.
    If the character is in a difficult pose at this time, the cloth may certainly bounce.
    Magica Cloth has a function to stabilize the particles so that they do not bounce after reset to alleviate this problem.
    See the Stabilization Time After Reset section in the following document.

MagicaCloth supports win / mac / linux.
    Besides that, it also supports ps4 / 5 / xbox / Nintendo Switch.
    However, it is unconfirmed because there is no equipment for the game machine.
    It works in terms of performance.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  22. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Thank you for using it.
    I see, I understand your request.

Currently, you can only use scripts to measure distances and manually turn the cloth component on and off.
    At this time, you can also use the [Blend Weight] parameter in addition to controlling with Enabled.
    By lowering the Blend Weight, the simulation is gradually blended into the original posture, and when it reaches 0, the simulation stops.

I found it useful to work with the LOD Group component to flexibly solve this problem.
    I think it would be ideal if the cloth component automatically turns on / off depending on the state of the LOD Group.
    I would like to test if this idea can be realized at a later date.

23. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

@hoshos I'm just askinf You tested it with Lod group where magica is only on LOD 1, on character animated with animator? Is it working that way, without problem chaning LOD and turning on/off magica without any strange initializations problems every time like it is in unity cloth?

AdrielCodeops likes this.
  24. koirat

koirat

I see magica is using it's own colliders.
    Is it possible to add colliders at runtime ?
    Is there automatic Unity colliders to magica colliders converter ? (runtime)

25. ClementSchepens

ClementSchepens

Hi, I've seen that it is possible to "pause" the simulation when the camera doesn't sees the clothed object. Is it possible to use the same thing when a teleportation is detected?

26. hoshos

hoshos

No, it has not been tested for LOD Group.
    Therefore, it is unconfirmed what kind of problem will occur.
    Based on your feedback, I will test the LOD Group at a later date.

27. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Yes, Magica Cloth uses its own collider.
    This collider can be added to the runtime via API.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/basecloth-2/

Unfortunately, there is no automatic conversion function for Unity colliders.

28. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Yes, Magica Cloth has an automatic teleport detection mechanism.
    There is also a mechanism to pause or reset the simulation when teleporting.

29. koirat

koirat

First Impression:

So I had bad old unity3d cloth system on my robe.I'm deleting Cloth component I'm adding MagicaMeshCloth and MagicaRendererDeformer (press Create) [Active:False Visible:False Calculation:False Skinning:True Vertex: 2018 Triangle 3772 Bone: 0]
    Create Virtual Defromer press Create

AND

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    MagicaReductionMesh.MeshData.CalcMeshWorldPositionNormalTangent (System.Boolean isSkinning, UnityEngine.Mesh mesh, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] bones, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4[] bindPoseList, UnityEngine.BoneWeight[] boneWeightList, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Vector3]& wposList, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Vector3]& wnorList, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Vector4]& wtanList) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Scripts/ReductionMesh/Data/MeshData.cs:2649)
    MagicaReductionMesh.MeshData.AddMesh (System.Boolean isSkinning, UnityEngine.Mesh mesh, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] bones, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4[] bindPoseList, UnityEngine.BoneWeight[] boneWeightList) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Scripts/ReductionMesh/Data/MeshData.cs:1098)
    MagicaReductionMesh.ReductionMesh.AddMesh (System.Boolean isSkinning, UnityEngine.Mesh mesh, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] bones, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4[] bindPoseList, UnityEngine.BoneWeight[] boneWeightList) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Scripts/ReductionMesh/Core/ReductionMesh.cs:85)
    MagicaCloth.BuildManager.CreateVirtualDeformer (MagicaCloth.CoreComponent core, UnityEditor.SerializedObject serializedObject, System.String savePrefabPath) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Scripts/Editor/Build/BuildCloth.cs:1015)
    MagicaCloth.BuildManager.CreateComponent (MagicaCloth.CoreComponent core) (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Scripts/Editor/Build/BuildManager.cs:96)
    MagicaCloth.MagicaVirtualDeformerInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/MagicaCloth/Scripts/Editor/Deformer/MagicaVirtualDeformerInspector.cs:46)
    UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <772fffca5f8f4126948faf45cfbc3ba4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Also my skinned mesh renderer is reporting:
    The assigned mesh is missing either bone weights with bind pose, or blend shapes. This might couse the mesh not to render in the Player. If your mesh does not have either bone weight with bind pose, or blend shape, use Mesh Renderer instead of Skinned Mesh Renderer.

So question also stands , can I use any mesh with Magica cloth ?
    I have not seen any limitation of this kind on asset store page, and I assumed it is going to work not less than Unity3d cloth system.

30. Fearinhell

Fearinhell

So where does
    "using MagicaCloth;
    var clothComponents = Obj.GetComponentsInChildren <CoreComponent> ();"
    go? In equipmentizor script? Is nothing else needed? Im just trying to understand how this works. Thanks.

31. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    As far as you can see, this seems to be a broken SkinnedMeshRenderer.
    It seems that the required data is missing from the target SkinnedMeshRenderer.
    So this issue seems to be unrelated to Magica Cloth.
    First try to resolve the error in the target SkinnedMeshRenderer.

32. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    I have a request for you.
    Please unify either by contacting [Inbox] or by contacting this public forum.
    And the same sentence, but my opinion is as follows.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    First is the Equipmentizer, which is not a script I wrote.
    The author is WILEz1975 as in the forum, so be sure to ask him any questions about the Equipmentizer.

The important point here is that if you want to change the SkinnedMeshRenderer to another character, you need to replace all the internal bones (Transforms) with those of the new character.
    This is a common dress-up procedure in Unity, and MagicaCloth is irrelevant in this regard.
    This Skinned Mesh Renderer dress-up procedure should give you a lot of information by searching the net.

Next, let's talk about Magica Cloth.
    As with the SkinnedMeshRenderer above, if you want to change the MagicaCloth component to another character, you need to replace the bones in the same way.
    This is the same concept as for SkinnedMeshRenderer, the API used for this is ReplaceComponentBone () as documented.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/corecomponent-2/

So in the forum I explained that MagicaCloth should use ReplaceComponentBone () for the above reasons.

33. koirat

koirat

It is related, I want to use Magica Cloth on any mesh.
    Let just say Unity3d build-in Plane. Can it be done ?

34. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Of course it's okay.
    I also often test with the built-in Plane mesh.
    Magica Cloth is also compatible with both Mesh Renderer and Skinned Mesh Renderer.
    Check [Read / Write Enabled] when importing the model as FBX as a condition.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/magica-cloth-render-deformer-2/

35. Shii

Shii

Is Jobs package really required when using Magica Cloth with Unity 2020.3? I tried removing it from the project so only Collections, Burst and Mathematics left and Magica Cloth seems to work fine, no errors in console. Looks like Unity already includes Unity.Jobs and UnityEngine.Jobs namespaces with all corresponding classes, structs and methods.

36. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello Thanks for reply :) Did you maybe tested it already?

37. hoshos

hoshos

Wow, that's true!
    Currently, it seems that the Jobs package is not needed.
    However, I will leave the installation guide as it is.
    The Jobs package implements various extensions such as IJobParallelForBatch and IJobParallelForFilter.
    MagicaCloth may also take advantage of these features in the future.
    Therefore, it is unused now, but I would like to leave it as it is for the future.

38. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    No, I think the test will be a little later.
    Currently, we are developing toward the end of the year and responding to some bug reports, so we cannot afford much.
    I've definitely added the LOD Group tests to the list, so stay tuned.

39. hoshos

hoshos

Announcement

Unity 2018 support will be discontinued from the next version.
    From now on, Unity 2019.4.31 or above will be required.
    This is due to the end of support for Unity 2018 LTS.
    note that.

40. Fearinhell

Fearinhell

Ok so my current project Im working on, I would like to be able to have a clothing gameobject be enabled and then act like the cloth falls off the character and collide with the floor. But when I set all Point Selections to Move Point to allow the cloth to fall to the ground it just passes through the ground and colliders. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

41. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Thanks waiting for that :)

hoshos likes this.
  42. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    The easiest way to represent a floor is to use PlaneCollider and set it globally with the IsGlobal flag.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/magica-cloth-plane-collider-2/

Now all the particles will collide with the floor.
    In this case, don't forget to turn on [Collider Collision] of the cloth component.
    https://magicasoft.jp/en/paramater-collider-collision-2/

43. Fearinhell

Fearinhell

Ive done all that and they still fall through the floor since the cloth is set to all move points.

44. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Maybe it's not falling off the floor, but a phenomenon where the mesh suddenly disappears?
    When tested here, we found a problem with the mesh disappearing after a collision with the ground only if the vertically erected cloth fell as it was.
    The problem does not seem to occur if the cloth is not vertical but tilted even a little.
    This is probably a bug.
    Is it the same phenomenon as this?

45. Fearinhell

Fearinhell

I have the clothing turned 90 degree and it still does it. Also Im testing this on the second floor in my game and when the character is on the first floor her hair stands straight up after changing avatars. When I turn the plane collider off this stops happening. Ill keep testing somethings.

46. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Using TriangleBend, we found a problem that NaN is generated and the mesh disappears when particles overlap at exactly the same coordinates.
    This issue has been fixed and will be resolved in the next version 1.12.0.
    Thank you for reporting the bug.
    However, it is not yet clear if this problem is the same as yours.

For the problem of hair standing upright, double check the coordinates and angle where the plain collider is located.
    Since the plane collider is an infinite plane, collision detection may be executed at an unexpected angle.

Finally, I would like to give you some advice.
    Unfortunately, Magica Cloth does not recommend setting all points to move (green).
    MagicaCloth is premised on the setting of at least one fixed point (red).
    For example, the waist part of a skirt and the shoulder part of a cloak must be connected to the main body at a fixed point.
    Therefore, keep in mind that the behavior when all are set as movement points is unknown.

47. Shii

Shii

@hoshos found an issue in latest Magica Cloth v1.12.0. Global colliders attached to models causing strong bone vibration, detaching collider from model at runtime does not help. It worked correctly in v1.11.2. Used Unity 2020.3.23f1 for testing.
    I sent you an email with two videos showing the problem.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  48. hoshos

hoshos

Hello.
    Thank you for the bug report!
    I watched two videos.
    And perhaps the code mistake you pointed out is correct.
    This was to address issues that occur when placing cloth components in a scene with the Physics Manager disabled.
    I would like to fix and update this issue as soon as possible.
    Perhaps it will be v1.12.1.

49. hoshos

hoshos

Update: 1.12.0

v1.12.0 has been released on the Asset Store!

A Magica Area Wind component has been added that allows you to specify the wind zone!
    wind_1_12_0-13.jpg
    By setting a wind area in the field, you can create various wind variations according to the situation.
    It is also possible to create a blast.
    wind-2.jpg

wind_1_12_0-9.jpg

Release Note:
    Note: Unity 2018 is no longer supported. From this time, it will be supported after Unity 2019.4.31.
    Added: A Magica Area Wind component has been added that allows you to specify the wind zone.
    Added: Added Frequency parameter to the wind component to adjust the rate of change of turbulence.
    Added: Added Wind Synchronization parameter to the External Force panel to adjust the wind synchronization rate.
    Added: Added the Depth Influence parameter to the External Force panel to set the influence of external forces according to the depth of the particles.
    Instead, the Mass Influence parameter is obsolete.
    Added: Wind calculation has been changed to calculate per particle instead of per component.
    Added: The cloth monitor now shows the active count of winds.
    Added: Added [Frequency] to the Wind sample scene.
    Added: Added a Blast Wave button for blast testing to the Wind sample scene.
    Added: ExternalForce_MassInfluence () has been removed from the API and replaced with ExternalForce_DepthInfluence ().
    Fixed: Fixed an issue where the mesh would disappear if two particles overlap at the same position while using the Triangle Bend.
    Fixed: Fixed an issue that caused an error in some situations when enabling / turning Enable in Physics Manager.
    Fixed: Fixed PlayerLoopSystem's subSystemList to work even if it becomes null when updating PhysicsManager.

Acissathar likes this.
  50. hoshos

hoshos

Update: 1.12.1

v1.12.1 has been released on the Asset Store!

This time it will be an urgent hotfix.

Release Note:
    Fixed: Fixed an issue where collision detection became unstable when the global collider was moved from its initial position. This is a problem that only occurred in v1.12.0.