Search Unity

[Released] Lux URP Essentials

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by larsbertram1, Jul 18, 2019.

?

Does Lux URP Essentials need a Discord Server?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2021.
  1. yes - even if there was no moderator

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no, the forum is all we need

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Brady

Brady

Thanks! This finally resolved my issue.

2. creativelounge

creativelounge

im testing the simple fuzz shader it doesnt show up on character iOS build on iphone XS. Character shows up transparent where Lux shaders are. Are there any special settings for building to xcode and iphone specifically for Lux shaders?

3. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

oh, sorry. i messed up the #pragmas here.
    in the first occurrence of
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Pass
    2.         {
    3.             Name "ForwardLit"
    4.             Tags{"LightMode" = "UniversalForward"}
    it must be:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. HLSLPROGRAM
    2.             #pragma exclude_renderers gles gles3 glcore
    3.             #pragma target 4.5

4. Troglo

Troglo

Hello! The Human/Skin doesn't show up on iOS too (Unity 2021.3.16f1 / Forward / Urp / lux 12.1)

5. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

thsi one should! which version of lux urp do you use?

6. Troglo

Troglo

LuxURPEssentials_URP_12.1

7. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i just tested version 1.91 with urp 12.1.4. on an m1 mac: no issues.

8. JanFuri

JanFuri

Hi, is some way how to project Decal only on one side? if mesh is too thin it is visible on both sides. thank you

9. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

nope. all you can do is adjust the size of the projector.

10. michael-y

michael-y

Bug report at LUX URP 1.92
    Environemnt is windows 10 with navida 3600 , Unity 2022.5, URP 14.0.6.
    Lots of shader excludes d3d 11 :
    #pragma exclude_renderers d3d11_9x

This makes the shaders complation failed and it's very buggy that Unity reports the URP core files (#include "Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.core/ShaderLibrary/Color.hlsl") can't be included which is definitely not true.

After removing the exclude statement,all shaders are fine to work.

This is very annoying bug .. pls fix that , thanks .

11. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

this excludes: Direct3D 11 9.x feature level.
    it might have been dropped by unity in the latest version of urp. lux urp essentials 1.92 have been tested with urp 14.0.5. - not 14.0.6.

12. qpuilie

qpuilie

Hello,
    I used Lux URP/Human/Hair, but now there are some problems that make me confused,I used Albedo, and a MaskMap (Shift(B)Occlusion(G))
    On one of the models, the highlights were very neat, as I expected, but on the other, they appeared messy.This might have something to do with the model itself, but this has bothered me for a long time without finding a solution.Can you give me some ideas? What issues should be paid attention to in hair art resources?

Please check the attachments.

Thanks

Attached Files:

13. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

check your tangent direction!
    and in order to check your material settings: use simple geo like a sphere and disable alpha testing.

qpuilie likes this.
  14. StenCG

StenCG

Got error Profiler.EndSample spam.
    Unity 2021.3.8f1
    URP 12.1.7
    Lux 1.92
    Fixed like this:

Attached Files:

15. StenCG

StenCG

It would also be great if you add Name to Depth and Meta passes in Lux URP Foliage and Lux URP Grass shaders, so we can use passes in copies of those shaders with some changes, like changed subshader tags and added line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Dependency "BillboardShader" = "Hidden/Nature/Lux Tree Creator Bark Rendertex"

Attached Files:

16. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

thanks for pointing this out!

StenCG likes this.
  17. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

that shader is just a dummy shader and should never get used in any of your scenes.

18. StenCG

StenCG

WDYM? My leechish shader works properly with terrain billboards thanks to dependency.

Attached Files:

19. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

the bark and leaf shaders are originally only used to setup your material. the tree creator then creates combined textures and assigns the "optimized" versions to the final tree. all trees should be using the optimized versions which need less textures, support wind and billboards.

20. StenCG

StenCG

Oh, but currently I'm not using Tree Creator. I'm just using random tree models and I need to have billboards with them. "Optimized" versions use "Rendertex" as dependency exactly to render billboards. Isn't? I refer to this:

Attached Files:

21. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

the "optimized" version supports billboards, yes.

22. luch13

luch13

How is the support for Oculus Quest in the latest versions? Specifically for the water shaders.

23. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i haven't tested it on occulus quest. but it runs fine using mock hmd.

24. patek-monsarrat

patek-monsarrat

upload_2023-3-16_12-57-42.png

I mean.. come on. Fresh URP 12.1.8 project, I am downloading the package and I see this. Could you please fix that asap?

25. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

just too many versions... latest version of lux urp essentials for urp 12.x is 1.94 for unity 2021.3.18f1+ and urp 12.1.10.+

26. StenCG

StenCG

Something is wrong with 1.94 pkg, actually it shows 1.91 version inside the pkg. I've already tried to re-download.
    Unity 2021.3.8.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  27. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

nah, you will not get 1.94 wen using Unity 2021.3.8. 1.94 needs Unity 2021.3.18f1 or above.

StenCG likes this.
  28. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Hi there @larsbertram1,

[SOLVED] (see next reply)

I'm having troubles making the skin shader graph node to work. I'm on Unity 2021.3.16f, URP 12.1.8.

This is the shader:

And this is my result:

I see the manual notes that:
    However, I couldn't find any more info on how to null the node.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  29. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Ok, I managed to get it working by either disabling normal map or by setting a normal map. However, I've noticed the lighting between a custom shader and Lux URP Human Skin are not the same, as displayed in this animating picture:

The properties are the same as far as I can tell.

Furthermore, the normal map (even with the normal map setting enabled) seems to be ignored in the custom shader for some reason. (It works in the Lux shader however.)

I have made a package here for easier debug:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsquqjjkzj0fpdm/Lux SSS.unitypackage?dl=0

Unity 2021.3.16f, URP 12.1.8.

30. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

not easy to debug... i went over all the normal code to find any difference.
    finally i went back to your graph: you did not plugin in any uvs. so the shader was sampling your custom normal map at 0,0 which returned all but a flat normal in tangent space.
    so simply plug in proper uvs. or remove your texture so the shader will sample unity's default "flat" normal.

uvs.png

31. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Thanks, I managed to get them to have the same "shadow line" now, so that's good, and the normal map displays as well.

However, the normal map of the custom shader looks atrocious?

When moving further away it gets worse:
    5929e3943fb8f98e6a33d3fb2a5dcd28.gif

This doesn't happen to the Lux skin shader:

When disabling diffuse normal mapping, it gets "better", but it doesn't look as good as the Lux skin shader:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ila4tisw8pditpa/Lux SSS 2.unitypackage?dl=0

32. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i checked the entire normal stuff... they look pretty much the same here. have a look into the provided demo shader graphs as well. if you need more control regarding the sampler (aniso, trilinear) consider providing the normals to the lighting function and do the samples outside - then shader graph will use the sampler associated with the texture and your import settings should be respected.
    you will find a bias sampling node in the custom normal example.

33. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Thank you.

I was able to replicate the Lux URP Skin shader look by adding a sampler state to the lighting function with anisotropic filtering. There is however no such input for the LuxURP Skin Lighting graph by default. I think such an input would be good to have.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
  34. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

as i wrote: just chose the "provided normals" path :)

35. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Thanks for pointing out that this option exists. It still doesn't quite offer the best user experience however, in my opinion.

In general, my feedback is this:

1. It's confusing that the default behavior of the Skin node doesn't match the default behavior of the Skin shader.
    2. The user shouldn't have to know how to set up custom sampler states or provide custom samples in order to get the same result as the skin shader.

It's completely fine that it's possible to achieve a different look using the skin node, and that you can provide custom normals. But the question is why this should be necessary to achieve the same look.

Furthermore, afaik it isn't even possible to do bias sampling in shader graph, making the provided normals solution far more cumbersome.

My suggestion is that the default sampler state to the skin node should match the skin shader, but that a custom one could be provided to override the default behavior. That way, the behavior of the skin node and the skin shader will match, and furthermore the user will not have to set up custom functions and connect them to shader graph in order to do the bias sampling.

Thanks for reading.

All the best.

36. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

thanks for your feedback.
    in general we always deal with hlsl vs. shader graph here. latter does not offer the functions and flexibility you get when writing shaders in hlsl. so there will always be some differences between both versions.
    when it comes to the samplerstate, well: no one ever complained about it. but i will look into it.
    this however might not be what other users want. they might want to fully rely on built in states like s_linear_repeat_sampler. or something else...
    so in case you want anything specific the best way to go is to provide custom normal samples.

did you ever look into the provided "Lux Skin Graph Custom Normal Sampling" shader graph? there you will find a custom function which allows you to use SAMPLE_TEXTURE2D_BIAS.

i recommend to spend some time with the examples and maybe start with duplicating one of the provided shader graphs. this way we would not have run into this "missing uv" trap wasting a lot of time.

37. RaiuLyn

RaiuLyn

I've updated Unity to 2022.2.13 with URP 14.0.6. Deleted the Lux URP Essentials folder and imported its v1.95 package.

This is what I got from Particles Simple Lit and Lit Tess:
    upload_2023-4-4_0-14-33.png

Probably due to them being deprecated due to Forward+. Are there plans to bring them back down the road or working on alternatives?

Thanks.

38. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

no, something must have gone wrong. either on your or on my side. i will check.

39. RaiuLyn

RaiuLyn

I've deleted the folder again, closed Unity, reopen the project and reimport Lux. It's different with less errors:
    upload_2023-4-5_0-25-31.png

For curiosity's sake, I created a fresh project with the Core 3D URP sample(Unity to 2022.2.13 and URP 14.0.6), import Lux v1.95. Console also outputted the same errors upon import completion as my existing project.

40. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

what does the lux welcome screen says? do you have the proper version for URP 14.0.6 installed?
    i do not get any error here. just warnings like "gradient instruction used in a loop" which is caused by URP's default includes...
    i guess you have grabbed version 1.95 for URP 12.1. you may go to the package manager and redownload the package. but to be sure you should delete your asset store cache first. unity does not always give you the latest and fitting package.

41. RaiuLyn

RaiuLyn

upload_2023-4-6_8-50-53.png
    Here's a screenshot showing the Unity version and v1.95.Both welcome screen and package manager says it's URP 14.0.6.
    I don't know what is the proper version of URP 14.0.6. Unity 2022.2.13 came with it by default.

Edit: Deleted Lux folder and asset store cache, redownload Lux v1.95 and import, same results.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  42. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

this is more than strange. i do not get any error in unity 2022.2.9.
    just to clearify: if you download the package using unity 2022.2. and import the package no further action is required (so no extra package has to be installed).

which features of URP doe you use? and what is your target platform?

43. RaiuLyn

RaiuLyn

Downloaded through unity 2022.2.13f1 package manager. Imported the package and errors show up. I didn't do anything else. I have not installed any of the other Lux URP versions.

Haven't started using any features of URP. I just started with a fresh project with 3D(URP) core sample from the Unity Hub.

My guess is that Unity changed something from 2022.2.9 to 2022.2.13. I'll download unity 2022.2.9 and give it a go.

Edit: Downloaded Unity 2022.2.9. Imported Lux. No errors. Unity must have done something after version 2022.2.9 leading up to 2022.2.13

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  44. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

interesting... but the version of URP is still the same?
    i hope 2022 LTS will be released in the nearby future to roll out a "stable" version of lux urp essentials.

45. icauroboros

icauroboros

Same issue with 2022.2.13 and 2022.14.
    URP 14.0.6 comes with 2022.2.13 and there is no change on 14.0.7 as changelog says.

46. RaiuLyn

RaiuLyn

According to Lux's welcome screen, it's 14.0.6.

Unity has a history of breaking things and abandoning features. 2022 LTS would be released this year according to the recent GDC event and no exact date given. Worst case scenario, I could downgrade my project to 2022.2.9 and continue from there. I just hope it won't break the entire project.

47. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

How compatible is your asset with the latest 2023.2 and URP 16.0.0?

48. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i haven't looked into URP 16 at all.

49. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i just uploaded a version for unity 2022.2.14f1 and URP 14.0.7.
    this fixes the glass, water and the particle shaders and should be available in a few minutes.
    version is 1.95a

RaiuLyn likes this.
  50. drewvancamp

drewvancamp

This is a great collection! I grabbed it today mainly for the water but I'm excited to try out a lot of the others features.

However, I'm a little disappointed that the water seems to only reflect the skybox but not any scene objects. Refraction almost makes up for this, but in my case the lack of object reflection will be very obvious and break the look I'm after. I had expected it would reflect like the Lux Water seems to. (I'm also wishing you had Lux Water for URP as I would have preferred that today for the underwater effects, too.)

Any way I can get object reflection to work and not just skybox reflection?