Search Unity

[Released] Lux URP Essentials

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by larsbertram1, Jul 18, 2019.

?

Does Lux URP Essentials need a Discord Server?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2021.
  1. yes - even if there was no moderator

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no, the forum is all we need

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. al3xj3ns3n

al3xj3ns3n

The decal can be any shape, it's read in as a series of coordinates which we use to generate a mesh that has these stencil shaders applied to it. Here's one for Hawaii as an example.

upload_2022-8-29_15-31-51.png

2. Grannyboy

Grannyboy

Greetings! I have a slight issue and im not sure its related to this asset or not but I will try here anyway. Im using Urp 10.3.2 and I need decals. Upgrading to 12.x.x isnt an option atm since it might wreck my entire MMORPG im working with.
    I have this issue where my decal collides with IsTrigger colliders. Is there any work around for this? Please see attached video and if additional information is needed please let me know!

3. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

decals are graphics. colliders are physics/programming -> cpu. something in your code seems to be brpken i guess.

4. bamncan

bamncan

Hello,

Was wondering if I might be able to get help with the Lux URP/Human/Hair material when used in a RenderTexture. I have an ape character that uses this material. I currently have a Canvas scene going on where I have a RenderTexture set up to render the character on the canvas in a Raw Texture.

The problem I'm having is the character, and any character using the hair material, when rendered on the RenderTexture seems to be appearing transparent to the other images in the background (e.g. can see the drea of the background image appearing through him when it's behind).

Is there a known fix for this? This only appears to be happening to the hair material. The other materials that are solid don't seem to have this issue.

5. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

to me it does not look transpoarent as i can see some black strands in front of the "drea". also the face. you might have to tweak the alpha cutout threshold? and may llok into the hq variant using 2 materials to smooth the hair a bit.

6. Blepius

Blepius

Hello!

What would be the best way to cover a 3000x3000 meter area with water?

Should we tile planes and let frustum culling handle far away tiles? (eg, 30x30 planes that are 100x100 meters)

Or should we modify material offset values in order to warp/center a single large water plane onto the player?

7. Qleenie

Qleenie

Hey, I am getting an error if I use subgraph LuxURP SKin Lighting in my shader graph:
    undeclared identifier '_SkinLUT' at Graphs/Includes/Lux_Lighting_Skin.hlsl(47) (on d3d11)

The shader graph example provided with the lib seems to compile fine. I copied all settings of the master node, but still getting the compile error.

Edit: Additional info: Running Unity 2021.3.10 with the according URP version, and migrated from HDRP to URP (also the shader graph with the error, was a StackedLit master node before, and changed it to URP / Lit).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  8. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i would go with tiles.

Blepius likes this.
  9. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

stay with the provided example. duplicate it and tweak it if needed. it should just work properly.

10. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

ah, and your graph must have a texture2D property named "_SkinLUT" in the reference. you can copy this from the provided shader graph.

Qleenie likes this.
  11. Grannyboy

Grannyboy

Hi again, im not completly sure how the URP ignore decal works. I have the Synty modular character and I want this characters material to ignore decals, see picture for clearifications:
    upload_2022-10-12_20-36-4.png

How would you recommend I go on about this?

Thanks in advance!

12. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

lux urp decls do not have decal or rendering layers like latest urp (14 i guess) but relies on a) the stencil buffer or b) rendering order.
    a) and b) both are included in the decal demo scene. a) needs a shader on the character that allows you to write to the stencil buffer (like the lux urp hlsl shaders) and is stable while b) uses the depth buffer from last frame and is not stable.

in short:
    a) dirty the stencil buffer with your character by setting it to e.g. 1. then draw the decal but check the stencil and only render the decal if the stencil is not 1.
    b) is based on the rendering order. start with rendering anything the decal shall appear on top. then the decal. finally everything the decal shall not effect.

more info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...azwtpzN7aOLJHvMqE/edit#heading=h.9p8smgkrz6b2

Grannyboy likes this.
  13. Grannyboy

Grannyboy

Worked like a charm, thank you sir!

14. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

you are welcome!

15. c_hanson

c_hanson

upload_2022-10-14_13-56-18.png

This is what my TextureDisplace Grass Displacement shader looks like after following the setup instructions. The other foliage looks fine, just the grass looks like this. any thoughts?

16. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

might be a missing rendering feature? if not enable the displacement texture will be unefined.

17. c_hanson

c_hanson

This was my bad, I didn't realize I was on URP 13.. Downgraded my project to 12 and it works perfectly now!

18. bamncan

bamncan

Hi again, after further research, I found that the Unity URP Lit Shader was having the same issue in 2021. However, upgrading to 2022 shows it's been fixed in the Unity URP Lit Shader, but still having the issue with the Lux URP shader. Also, using latest Lux URP Shader available on the store atm.

Lux:
    upload_2022-10-18_10-36-9.png

Unity URP Lit Shader:
    upload_2022-10-18_10-37-3.png

Both in same screen:
    unknown-140.png

I had posted a thread about this for 2021 due to it happening in Unity's renderer. Hoping we can get this resolved for Lux as I do prefer it over Unity.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  19. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi, i do not know about this issue in 2021. support for 2022 is coming but has not arrived yet.

20. bamncan

bamncan

If you can fix the issue for 2021 then that would be appreciated as well. Again, can reference my earlier post here, or my existing thread about those issues.

21. ylche

ylche

Hi,

I'm finding the hair shaders cause my hair to have a grey-ish base colour, even though the base and secondary colours are set to white, and the albedo texture is white.

example.png

Example above the hair uses blend+basic hair shaders and the eyebrows are just the blend shader. I've played around with the various settings and colouring the hair any other colour looks fine, but it never gets any lighter than this grey.

Have I just misconfigured something?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  22. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

not sure what you are trying to achieve.
    from what i can see the specular highlights are a bit subtle. so try to increase smoothness and/or brighten the spec color.

23. ylche

ylche

The specular highlights I adjusted to my liking and that isn't a problem. If I set the base / albedo colours to red it looks red, if I set it to blue then it looks blue. But in that screenshot I've set it to white but it still looks medium grey to me. Nothing I do lets the hair go any lighter than that grey. The character is supposed to have adjustable hair colour but if I want her to have white hair then it won't work.

24. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i see. have you checked secondary specular light, ao etc?

25. Tsehov

Tsehov

Is there a shader in the LUX RP library which can replace Versitile Blend? This shader is very useful in the project that I'm working on and in LUX RP v1.86 there is no Versitile Blend shader anymore. At least I can't find it. Or maybe I can load Versitile Blend separately into Unity and use it. Can you help with it, please?

26. ylche

ylche

Seems I had the specular light set to grey, which I copied over from the demo materials. Mea culpa. Setting it to white seems to improve things, but I'm still left with a light grey which is good enough. Enabling/disabling AO doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

Thanks for your help.

27. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

it should be still there?! maybe you have to install an older version to get it. 1.86 just might not update it.

28. flissule

flissule

Hi! I noticed that since the latest update I can't change the render queue value for the Lit Extended Uber shader. Depending on the surface type it immediately switches back to Geometry/2000 or Transparent/3000 no matter what I do. Is that normal ?

29. Qleenie

Qleenie

Hey, I have another question regarding the shader graph nodes for skin; I'd really like to feed in my own normals, as I usually blend multiple normal maps for e.g. wrinkle and other things. This seems currently not possible, as we only can feed in the textures, and sampling happens somewhere inside.

30. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

ah, sorry. i tweaked the validate function o the material editor - which now resets the the render queue.
    in order to fix this edit the "LuxUberShaderGUI.cs" and find the "public override void ValidateMaterial" function.
    there comment the line:
    material.renderQueue = (int)RenderQueue.Geometry;
    and the line:
    material.renderQueue = (int)RenderQueue.Transparent;

31. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

sampling happens inside the HLSL include file as shader graph does not offer a function to do TEXTURE2D_SAMPLE_BIAS. :(

32. flissule

flissule

Thanks! Worked perfectly :cool:
    Is this something that I'll have to do with every new update?

33. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

na, i will fix it. thanks for pointing this out!

flissule likes this.
  34. flissule

flissule

Cool, thanks for your quick support !

I actually had another question.
    I was playing around with foliage and wind and I was looking for a way to make it work in our game that takes place on moving spherical worlds. The fact that the planets are moving around makes the grass jitter like crazy since they're running all around the wind texture, I guess.
    Do you think it would be complicated to set up maybe local wind zones with spheres of influence could be parented to each planet, or maybe it just doesn't work like that ?

Just wondering if it's worth investigating any further...

Thx !

35. Qleenie

Qleenie

And yet another question: Is there a way to build a Hair shader with shader graph? There are nodes for skin and stuff, but there seems nothing for the Hair shader. This would be especially necessary to use the new Untiy hair package with Lux, as we need to set vertex positions, normals and tangents directly.

36. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

there is not right now.

37. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

the wind texture is sampled in world space. if you move the world you will have to subtract the movement from the sample position by e.g. using a global float3.

38. flissule

flissule

cool, thanks, I'll look into it !

39. Sheynes

Sheynes

I havn't seen that in the review of the asset neither on the description : Does the volumetric light works with VR single pass with URP 12.1.7 on unity 2021 ?

40. patek-monsarrat

patek-monsarrat

Hello! First of all thank you for a wonderful shader pack. Secondly - I am having an issue with both Hair and Hair Blend shaders. This error shows up on 2021.3.7f1 and prevents us from completing a build (URP 12)

upload_2022-11-21_13-49-35.png

Could you please be so kind and explain to me like I am 5 what shall I do to make it go away?

41. KospY

KospY

@larsbertram1

We recently moved to Unity 2021.3.14 so I updated LUX to 1.86. Since then the Lux decals don't work correctly anymore in VR. When I move my head the decals move or rotate the wrong way. It's a bit hard to describe so I hope you can check yourself with a VR headset. Decals worked fine in VR with version 1.7 on 2021.3.
    We are using single pass instanced if that make a difference.
    Thanks for your help!

42. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i could only check the decals in 2021.2 using MockHMD and single pass instanced - which simply works.
    and i am not sure if the decal shader got updated in version 1.86 at all...

43. tianniunai

tianniunai

Hi, i use the unity 2022.2.0b16.112 vision, waining this, the shader do not work,can you help me?thank you
    I already bought the Lux URP Essentials,
    upload_2022-11-30_1-26-46.png
    upload_2022-11-30_1-28-17.png

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  44. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

urp 14 is not supported currently. you have to use urp 12 or 13.

45. tianniunai

tianniunai

oh, When can support the urp14 ? I need to use 2022.2 vision entities1.0 .....
    Or is there any way to use urp13 in 2022.2vision ?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  46. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

dots instancing is not supported on any of the hlsl shaders. shader graph version of course may support it.

47. jacknero

jacknero

Hello!I‘ve found Batching problem with depthnormal pass and shadowmap pass.
    Materials with same keyword still can't be batched with the tip of "using different keywords". But actually they did not use any keyword in these passes.
    I think it is caused by that the forward pass using "_Emission" or something else that only cares about the surface rendering, but they somehow disturb the batchers of the other two passes.
    I've found a Unity official issue tracker which declares the similar situation.
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-pass-when-emmision-is-enabled-on-one-of-them
    Says that the issue has been solved in the beta version 2022.2, sadly it's the only version fixed so far.
    Is there any work around right now which can be used without letting the project risk the beta version?

48. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

which version of lux urp essentials and which version of URP do you refer to?

49. jacknero

jacknero

The version of Unity I'm using is 2021.3.15f with URP 12.1.8. And the lux urp essential version is 1.86.
    I'm now using shadow caster proxy as a temporary solution. But it does'nt work for the DepthNormal prepass case.
    You can have a try testing on the 2022.2b to check if the depthnormal issue is also solved btw since the update notes didn't mention about it.
    Maybe it's not the asset's issue but an engine issue.

50. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i checked some shaders in the inspector and they were all compatible with srp batcher. looking deeper skin actually made some problems in the depth prepass, but that is any easy fix.
    anything else?