Search Unity

[Released] Lux URP Essentials

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by larsbertram1, Jul 18, 2019.

?

Does Lux URP Essentials need a Discord Server?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2021.
  1. yes - even if there was no moderator

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. no, the forum is all we need

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

My settings are exactly the same.
    This one is the default Lit

This one is the Uber

I am on 2019.4.12f1 and I am using the 7.5.1 URP package.
    Guess the issue must be somewhere there then.
    -Pieter

2. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i checked it in 2019.4.9f1 using URP 7.5.1. (i have no 2019.4.12f1 installed but that should not make any difference).
    creating a new metarial just works as expected.
    so it might be a problem with the material inspector: please try to change the smoothness source in the inspector from metallic alpha to albedo, then back.i hope this solves the issue.

3. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Thanks - making a complete new material from scratch does work as intended.
    Switching the shader of that material back and forth from Lit and Uber will cause the issue - don't understand where that is coming from though...

Thanks for your help!
    -Pieter

4. kenamis

kenamis

My 2 cents; with diffuse normal sampling enabled and a bias of 0, it's sampling the normal map at the same texture level. Then diffuse normal equals the normal from the normal map. So, with sample diffuse off and enable normal map on, I think almost everyone would expect it to behave the same as diffuse on with 0 bias, but it doesn't.

Thanks, I'll check out the new version.

Also, on a related note. The reason I stumbled on this is because I want to supply custom blended normals to the lighting node. You have the normal map Texture2D going straight into the node.
    I see why, because of all this custom logic, but then it prevents someone from adjusting the tangent space normal before the lighting node. IMO, you should sample and unpack the normal map outside your lighting node and pass in the tangent space normal. Not sure if that would be too difficult to change though. For myself, I simply added a new normalTS input and commented out sampling the normal map in the node and disabled the diffuse sampling.

5. haywirephoenix

haywirephoenix

Hi, I just purchased and wondering if it's possible to prevent light from passing through meshes?
    I didn't realise the volumetric lighting is just a mesh shader. Would it be possible to have it somehow follow the
    data of the spotlight or cut the mesh where it intersects (like 2d shadows)?

upload_2020-12-27_23-2-3.png

6. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

talking about the udk style light beams?
    these are mesh based, yes.

so all you can do about this: do a raycast and resize the mesh accordingly...
    however: the shader contains a special parameter called "Limit Length" which is designed to help here. so you do not have to scale the mesh but simply tweak this parameter.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  7. haywirephoenix

haywirephoenix

That works pretty well, I went with a spherecast. Here's the result. Thanks!

upload_2020-12-28_12-30-53.png

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  8. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

great!

9. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

Prepare for Toon Lighting Version 2 with multiple steps, custom ramps and gradients, easier outlines and enhanced lighting features.

LuxToonV2.PNG

10. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

version 1.6 is now available!

restush96 likes this.
  11. restush96

restush96

I just got an error of 256 shaders limit. Can I make LUX shader to local?

12. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

most of them should only use local keywords...

13. UnnervedStudios

UnnervedStudios

Hello!
    I can't get the FX/Box Volume shader to work with the "Enable Gradient" / "Vertical Gradient" feature; the mesh turns pink when I enable it regardless of what gradient image I give it.

Shader error in 'Lux URP/FX/Box Volume': invalid subscript 'positionOS_scale' at line 297 (on d3d11)

I'm using URP 10.2.2 in Unity 2020.2.0f1 and have imported the 10.2 unitypackage
    Thank you!

14. Classic_soul

Classic_soul

Is there another readme file I can't find that explains how to setup? I'm on the newest version of URP and I have a ton of errors and pink on pretty much everything.

15. Classic_soul

Classic_soul

Think I got it! Installed the the Lux 10.2.2 URP and it seems they are all gone. Maybe that was somewhere. Looks beautiful now!

16. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i found that bug myself a few hours ago too: still some old code there...
    in order to fix it replace:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. positionOS_scale.y
    with:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. exitOS.y + 0.5

17. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

version 1.61 is available adding anisotropic specular highlights to the new toon shaders:

anisoToon.PNG

18. dyrwoolf

dyrwoolf

upload_2021-1-5_10-48-13.png
    I get these errors. Anyone knows why? I should not need to import any dll manually , right?

19. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

have you installed urp?

20. dyrwoolf

dyrwoolf

Thx, i hadnt, i thougt i got it automatically when i created a HDRP project.

21. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

you mean: URP project, right?then it should automatically be loaded and assigned...

22. dyrwoolf

dyrwoolf

Im trying to get this working, anyone knows how to get these?
    "Make sure you have the proper version of the Core RP Library and the Lightweight RP / Universal RP installed (5.16.1, 6.9.1, 7.1.8, 7.2 or 7.41 - according to the shader package you have imported) in the Window → Package Manager"
    I can only find version High Definition RP version 8.2.0 and Univesal RP version 8.2.0?

23. dyrwoolf

dyrwoolf

Maby im using a to new version. 2020.1.1f1, it says on asset store
    Supported Unity versions
    2019.1.3 or higher,

But when i look in the documentation it says:
    Lux URP Essentials have been successfully tested in Unity 2019.1.3, 2019.1.6 and 2019.1.10 using LWRP 5.16.1 and Unity 2019.2.0f1 using LWRP 6.9.1
    Lux URP Essentials have been tested using Unity 2019.3.1f1 and URP 7.2. and Unity 2019.3.9 using URP 7.4.1 on macOS and Metal, Windows 10 and DX11 and Android (Mali and Adreno GPUs) using Vulcan. A package for URP 7.1.8 is included.

24. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

using upr 8.2 should be fine.

25. dyrwoolf

dyrwoolf

I downloaded 2019.3.9f1 and now it works.

26. dowon951

dowon951

urp foliage shader , the movement becomes strange after a certain period of time in the Android environment.(use math input) even Demo Scene too
    why? Device is android 9 samsung S8
    urp 7.51

27. bonannialberto

bonannialberto

Great asset Lars! And almost everything works fine, although I am getting this error from the Mesh Terrain shader:

- Shader error in 'Lux URP/Terrain/Mesh Terrain': 'InitializeStandardLitSurfaceData': output parameter 'outSurfaceData' not completely initialized at line 223 (on d3d11)

- Shader error in 'Lux URP/Lit Extended Uber': 'InitializeStandardLitSurfaceDataUber': output parameter 'outSurfaceData' not completely initialized at Inputs.hlsl(203) (on d3d11)

Plus, two errors about fromt the LitFowardPass:

- Shader error in 'Lux URP/Lit Extended': 'OutputAlpha': no matching 2 parameter function at Architect/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@10.2.2/Shaders/LitForwardPass.hlsl(176) (on d3d11)

- Shader error in 'Lux URP/Lit Extended': undeclared identifier '_Surface' at Architect/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@10.2.2/Shaders/LitForwardPass.hlsl(176) (on d3d11)

Unity 2020.2 (URP 10.2.2)

Any idea?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  28. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

oh, what period of time are you referring to? we will get floating point issues on any device.
    but maybe some varaibles have to be changed from half to float...

29. nra

nra

Hello! I just bought your pack and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

But I just noticed that my simple "blinkingeyes" script isn't working with your Toon Shader Graph v2.

I used to just use URP/Unlit and moving the texture offset.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. eyeRend.materials[0].SetTextureOffset("_BaseMap", new Vector2(eyelidOffset.x, eyelidOffset.y - 0.125f)); //1
    Upgrading to URP I had to swap from _MainTex to _BaseMap, anything similar now with your shader? :)

30. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

Toon Shader Graph v2 currently does not use any offset. you will have to add a vector2 property and give it a reference like "_Offset" or _"TextureOffset". then find the nodes which calculate the uvs (taking only "_Tiling" into account right now) and "add" the "_TextureOffset".
    change it by script:

eyeRend.sharedMaterials[0].SetTextureOffset("_TextureOffset", new Vector2(eyelidOffset.x, eyelidOffset.y - 0.125f));

use sharedMaterials instead of materials as using materials will create a new instance!

nra likes this.
  31. Jess_AA

Jess_AA

I'm coming across an issue where disabling MSAA breaks the LUX URP Depth Only shader. If you click here you can see how it looks with a basic transparent material assigned to the sphere, with a second material as the depth pass shader. But if I you click here you can see how it looks if I disable MSAA - it also seems to disable the effect.

I'm sure it's something inherent to Unity/how MSAA is calculated, and so I understand there's probably nothing you can do about it, but any info you can give on why it might be happening could help us try to come up with a workaround!

32. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

i can't see any difference on the screen shots?!
    maybe you just paste them here? use the upload file button at the right bottom :)

33. Jess_AA

Jess_AA

Huh weird, OK I've reuploaded them so hopefully a bit clearer :)

Attached Files:

34. samshool

samshool

hello, i just purchased this plugin and i wished to use the water feature, however my asset needs to be at 0.015 scale owing to which the foam and other effects in the water shader dont work correctly. I have been toying with the values a lot so far, trying to divide or multiply it by 0.015 but it still wont relatively scale correctly. The biggest issue is the foam edge scaling correctly. Whats the best way you can recommend to go about doing this? thank you appreciate!

35. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

use real sizes... other than that: you have to tweak the shader :(

36. DrMike2000

DrMike2000

I'm having the same issues, having been upgrading from 2019.3 to 2020.2 today

Unity 20.2.1f1 with Lux URP Essentials 1.61

The Lux URP Lit Extended Shader shows the following compilation errors:

upload_2021-1-11_0-57-22.png

I've created a fresh URP project and imported Lux URP Essentials straight in and this happens. Any fixes or workaround would be greatly appreciated.

37. dreamcities_

dreamcities_

Also having the same issue... anyone ?

38. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

have you imported the Lux URP 10.2.2. preview package?

39. DrMike2000

DrMike2000

I have now, and problem solved! Thank you so much!

For anyone else struggling with this, this is a unitypackage provided with Lux URP that you have to import manually to patch the problems for URP 10.2.2

Got to Assets->Import Package -> Custom Package
    Select Assets/Lux URP Essentials/LuxURPEssentials_URP_10.2.2.Preview.unitypackage and import everything.

This fixes the shader issues up a treat.
    Nice work all round, Lars. This has been an absolute boon to our project!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  40. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

... it is part of the package.

41. pyphehe

pyphehe

Hi, I cant find it in the package:(

Attached Files:

42. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

then you have to update the package.
    you have to do it with unity 2019.3 or higher.
    if unity does not update the package you will have to delete the cache. somewhere in C:\Users\accountName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store

43. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

Would it be possible for me to use your URP toon shader with Vegetation Studio Pro? If not, how difficult would it be to add support? Currently using a toon shader for my vegetation, but in the process of converting to URP.

44. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

you will have to add support for procedural instancing. vsp comes with a custom node? for shader graph and a description. but i have never done it myself.

unity_dev3194 likes this.
  45. pyphehe

pyphehe

Thank you!Fixed

46. projectorgames_unity

projectorgames_unity

I've also got this error, but I'm on 2019 LTS, so the latest URP I can use is 7.5.2 - there's no matching 'patch' (10.2.2 one gives errors about clearcoat, and 7.4.1 doesn't seem to solve the issue) - Any suggestions?

47. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

can you post your exact error log here please?

48. EyasSH

EyasSH

Hmm, its not obvious to me how to get a usually tile-able terrain to tile across terrain objects when Lux's procedural texturing is on. Is there a way to guarantee that the procedural rotation/transformation uses world-space UV's instead?

49. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

Ah, I've added instanced indirect support to custom shaders before for VSP. If that's all that needs to be done, then great!

50. projectorgames_unity

projectorgames_unity