Search Unity

[RELEASED] LushLOD Trees Beta v0.72!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

@gecko sorry for the really late reply, as I said above, Unity's forum is not sending me email notifications on this thread. New support messages should be posted to my support forum, which I posted a link to above. I just looked up your error line number and it looks like it is failing to find the _MainTex of your tree, so basically it can't find your tree's main texture. So something is different about your Unity Tree from what it is expecting. I'd like to know what version of unity you are using, so I can see if I can find out if they changed the place where the main textures are saved. Please though, post to the support forum so I can continue to help you there.

@Migueljb it looks like you are using an older version of Unity. Most recent bug fixes for LushLOD have been posted to Unity 5.6. if you are able to upgrade your Unity project without any significant risk to your current project, you might consider doing that. And if this issue is still happening to you, please post to the support forum (I posted a link above) and I'll be able to help you there.

2. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hey @AaronBrownLM, then I would suggest you regularly check this forum: that is if you are serious about your asset.

You can't ask/force/expect customers and potential users to join another forum/site.

3. ranaUK

ranaUK

I'm getting shimmering trees - usually it's attributed to Deferred rendering, but I'm using Forward rendering; Any suggestions?

hmmm: if I disable MSAA, most of the shimmering in camera view is gone, but exists in scene view. If I disable HDR in camera, scene view stops shimmering.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

The trees use pixel-precise dithering to create the transition effect. I have used MSAA without seeing what you are describing, but I suppose every graphics card could handle MSAA differently. In the scene view, the trees can be rendered at low quality which might turn off the shimmering in scene view. I think this option may only be available in Unity 5.6+. To do it, you go to manager and down near the bottom there is an option to change the way the trees are rendered in scene view. But that won't have any effect on the way they are rendered when the game is running.

5. JDrem1

JDrem1

Help please.

I cannot find a way to stop the billboards showing in play cam.

I have recalculated parents.. I am using gradient for light. (not sky-box) and have both my main cam (first person) and Lush Lod manager set to forward.

In scene cam its great but as soon as I hit play. boom billboard extravaganza.

attached is a pic.

Any help really appreciated.

Attached Files:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

In the manager, can you try switching the billboards mode to show "billboards only", and then click Apply, and then switch it to "Both",and click apply again. And then click play, and see if anything improves. Small chance something got out of whack. Either way, let me know if that does or doesn't fix it and if it doesn't, we'll take a closer look at the settings you got to see what's the matter.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

If that doesn't fix it, you could try switching to "great" quality, and click apply, and see if it improves. I'll check back in a bit for your reply :)

8. JDrem1

JDrem1

Hey Aaron

And thank you so much. This switching to billboard, and then to both worked.
    Awesome.

Thank you so much.
    I would definitely leave this on here, and remember it for anyone else who comes across the same issue.

Really appreciate the speedy reply, and the help.
    Brilliant asset. :D

Best Regards.

Andy.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

That's a bug obviously so I'll try to get it fixed if I can figure out how it happened. Glad it's working now for you. :)

10. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I'm gonna buy this! keep up the good work!

11. JDrem1

JDrem1

HI.

I have run into a serious problem today.
    I started Unity, and am having massive feedback on the console.
    with this red warning.

Damaged _LushLODTrees are in your scene! This will generate console errors. To fix this error, click the ApplyAll button in the _LushLODTreesManager.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    _LushLODTree:Update() (at Assets/LUSH LOD TREES......LUSH TREES/Scripts/_LushLODTree.cs:1240)

So did the calculate parents, and apply all. And its every single tree in the scene.
    I have no idea how to correct this. I have had it before with one r two trees, so I just delete them, or the leftover lod, and replace. But this time its 85 trees.

Any help, is really appreciated.

Thanks Andy.

12. JDrem1

JDrem1

Follow up on the last mail.

These are two warnings I am getting.

Damaged _LushLODTrees are in your scene! This will generate console errors. To fix this error, click the ApplyAll button in the _LushLODTreesManager.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    _LushLODTree:Update() (at Assets/LUSH LOD TREES......LUSH TREES/Scripts/_LushLODTree.cs:1240)

and I get this when trying to fix the problem. But it pops all 85 trees as missing LOD. I have no idea how this has happened. I didn't delete any lods.

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable lod0Rend of _LushLODTree has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the lod0Rend variable of the _LushLODTree script in the inspector.
    _LushLODTreesManager.UpdateTreesPreview (._LushLODTree SpecificTree, Boolean AllowUndo, Boolean AllowSettingUndoGroupName) (at Assets/LUSH LOD TREES......LUSH TREES/Scripts/_LushLODTreesManager.cs:606)
    _LushLODTreesManager_Editor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/LUSH LOD TREES......LUSH TREES/Scripts/_LushLODTreesManager.cs:3269)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1240)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I would have sent this as a PM, but it is not available.
    I Appreciate any help.

Best Regards.

13. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Hellow. This stil work with 3rd party tree editors (non SpeedTree), such us Evolved TreeIt (export to fbx or obj) ? Just i search simple & low-price converter for this tree types with normal wind support.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  14. Deleted User

Deleted User

15. Gray_Master

Gray_Master

Thx for You Answer