Search Unity

[RELEASED] LushLOD Trees Beta v0.72!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey everyone! I'm excited to finally be able to launch the first beta release of LushLOD Trees. I have spent over a year creating these trees, along with the shaders and code that makes them work.

Originally I just needed some trees for a top-down game I was creating. I needed the trees to be 3D, super fast and with smooth transitions. I tried various tree packages on the asset store and I noticed that often they would pine away in the distance (pun intended). Some even turned into nothing but sticks in the distance (the leaves would disappear). I needed a forest that would look thick and scrumptious even in the distance, so I wasn't satisfied with the results I was seeing.

So I decided to create my own custom tree system. I called it "Lush" LOD, because my goal was to create a lush forest, thick enough to block the sunlight if you were standing in the middle of it, but which could run at high frame rate, and still look good even in the distance.

At first I was just going to keep it simple, maybe a two week project. But I kept working on it, and improving it, and eventually I realized that I had created something that really didn't exist until now.

Here's just some of the features:

1) Perfectly seamless transitions (more seamless than SpeedTrees)
    2) Faster than SpeedTrees for the billboards and the mobile quality options.
    3) Better shadow handling than SpeedTrees for some types of lighting setups.
    4) Deeper support for Unity's Englighten and shadow baking options.
    5) Can convert any tree created with the Unity Tree Creator.
    6) Multiple quality levels ranging from Low to Ultra.
    7) Billboard only mode, particularly useful for mobile games.
    8) Supports wind zones.
    9) Trees and the billboards do not bend or twist when you move the camera.
    10) State-of-the-art post processing, transparent dithering, angular correction and seams blending effects.

This is a beta release, and these trees will continue to improve. More features and optimizations are coming in the next few beta releases which I am really excited about. :)

As I am using these trees in a game I am producing, you can expect that these trees will continue to be developed, improved and optimized for the long foreseeable future.

No monthly subscription fee. :) Just a one time price, and you will receive all future updates for life.

Works with any tree created with the Unity Tree Creator. Future updates may include the option to use trees made with other packages (if enough people request it).

Discount: During the beta, I'm offering LushLOD Trees at a discount.

Asset store link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/76549

elias_t, jason-fisher and recon0303 like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

I just submitted version 0.72 for approval. This update brings several significant improvements to the transitions and dithering algorithms, along with several small speed improvements, some cleaned up shader code and a few minor bug fixes.

Check out some of the improvements that come with this latest update:

Before / After: On high contrast areas, the shader now does a better job to smoothen out the dithering.

The little "Original" image in the bottom left corner shows what it looked like prior to running the post processing effect shader. It starts out with about half the pixels missing. The "Before" picture is the image that was produced in version 0.71. The "After" is the image now being produced in version 0.72. Note: This is a billboard in the distance, zoomed in 5x.

List of changes:
    1) Several significant improvements to the transitions and dithering algorithms.
    2) Several small speed improvements.
    3) Removed debug code from shaders.
    4) Minor bug fixes.

More optimizations and visual improvements are coming soon! :)

Asset store link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/76549

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Someone requested before / after screenshots that aren't zoomed in...

So I took a few more before / after screenshots and uploaded them here: http://imgur.com/a/sdTds

4. magique

magique

I'm interested in this product, but have a few concerns. First, I went to your support page and saw there were two demos for comparison of SpeedTree vs. LushLOD Tree performance. The page says that frame rate is not capped, but when I run either demo I see basically 60 fps with occasional flickers to 59. That kind of result seems very consistent with frame rate capping so I can't really evaluate the difference. Second, I develop for the Wii U and will continue to do so for the next year and I'm still looking for the best tree solution. You say this is only tested on PC platform, but that other platforms are definitely being worked on. So, I'm just wondering if I were to grab the beta if you'd be able to help resolve any Wii U issues I might encounter or would I be stuck waiting for some future time when you might get to analyzing that?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

When I said frame rate not capped, I meant that vsync was turned off. I would assume with vsync off, you shouldn't be capped to 60. So I'm not sure why you're seeing the demos still capped exactly at 60.

I haven't tested it on Wii, and I don't have a Wii to test it myself with. But here's the thing, the full source code is included. So if you do have an issue getting it to work on Wii, you may be able to fix it yourself since you have the source. And if you do implement a fix, you can send me a description of the fix and I'll be happy to implement it on my end so you won't have to redo it every time I update the package.

6. magique

magique

Right, that's what I thought you meant as well and I certainly wouldn't expect it to look frozen around 60 as it does on both demos. So that seems quite odd.

I may give it a try, but I'm not sure I could fix any issues that might arise. It depends on the problem. Wii U issues usually involve either AOT-only bugs or shader bugs and I'm no expert in either.

7. magique

magique

Do you have any code that would have issues with AOT platforms?

8. magique

magique

I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased it. I'll give it a try soon and let you know if I encounter any issues on the Wii U.

9. Inspeinre

Inspeinre

I decided to take a chance and buy this product )

10. magique

magique

I tried this last night on the Wii U and had some issues. I can't give in-depth details since I didn't have time to dig deeper, but here are the highlights.

First, in editor play mode the trees all looked transparent.

Second, on Wii U I saw continuous stream of warnings that a behavior was missing from some object. I don't know what object or what script. I will have to see if I can figure that out in editor mode.

Third, on Wii U all trees simply looked like opaque billboards.

At least it didn't complain about AOT issues or crash the system, which is typical for an asset not working on the Wii U. So maybe there's some hope.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey everyone, I created a small demonstration video showing just how smooth LushLOD Tree transitions are in comparison to SpeedTree transitions.

I wanted to make this video because a huge part of the value of LushLOD Trees is in the quality of the transitions. Of course I did put a big effort into making them as fast as possible. But many months of effort went into the transitions. So definitely compare the frame rates, but don't forget to take a close look at the transitions that other packages on the asset store are giving you.

@magique For some reason, I didn't get any email notification that you had posted more replies here. But anyway, In editor mode, the trees will look transparent only if you have ultra quality select (actually they're made up of lots of little pixels in a checkerdboard pattern. This is because the post-processing effect required by Ultra quality doesn't/can't run while in editor mode.) As for your second and third issue, I'm very interested to hear if you've discovered any more specifics about what's happening.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
    recon0303 likes this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User

And here's a demo with just LushLOD Tree transitions, with a wind zone turned on:

Note that the trees use absolutely no "alpha blending" in the shader. This means that the trees are not going to act like transparent "particles". They are only alpha clipped. And they act like geometry objects, like they should. And they fully use Z-ordering (which alpha blended objects can't use), which means they don't flicker. All of this is true for both the high quality tree models, and the billboards. All of the transparency seen in the transitions is created by a complex post-processing effect.

John-G likes this.
  13. magique

magique

Where exactly is this Ultra quality setting at? If you're referring to the standard Unity graphics settings then I definitely did not have it in anything but just Good quality. If there is some specific setting in LushLOD Trees itself then I don't know where to fix that.

No, I haven't even tried yet. I was hoping you'd have some insight. Maybe if I can change the Ultra quality setting somehow then that might help things.

14. recon0303

recon0303

I seen a post where it said it worked well for mobile, or was built for such? or I'm I wrong?? also on the store page, it said it was for Desktop but was unsure of other platforms.

So my question how well or does this work for Android? If so, do you have an APK, where we can test it before buying ? If not maybe a quick video....the reason I ask is I bought to many tree assets in the past most in beta and they do not work for OPEN GL 2.0 at all.. or work well for Android at all.

So this is why your asset interest me, as I been looking for a asset that works for larger terrains, with multi terrains, tiles etc. Is this possible...I also Stream my terrains in most of my games for Android, IOS, and other plat forms. So this is a must.. Just making sure there isn't anything there that can interfere with it that you know of.

Thanks for any info. Looks great by the way. You have my attention. and hope to buy if Android is supported.

PS: What I mean by Stream, I use tools such as World Streamer and my own custom tools, which work like World Streamer and work with it.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

@recon0303 It has a "billboard only" mode, which is designed to be super fast. However, it's never been tested by anyone (apparently) yet whether it works on mobile. You might want to wait. I am sure someone eventually will test it on mobile and then we'll all know if it works. One thing I can say is that almost all of the shaders were made with Shader Forge. So the real question might be, does Shader Forge produce shaders that work on mobile phones.

@magique There is documentation in PDF format that explains how to properly set up LushLOD Trees, and how to set up ultra quality setting. It doesn't work right without a script that has to be attached to the main camera, and there is a setting for Ultra in the LushLOD Trees Manager.

16. magique

magique

In my initial test I wasn't concerned with setting up the asset or any type of settings. I simply used the provided Gaia sample scene and tested that. So I assume it was set up correctly, but I don't know what settings are used for that scene. I will have to investigate deeper.

17. recon0303

recon0303

depends how they where set up in Shader Forge, you can set them up for mobile or non mobile so depends. If you had an APK of a scene that would be the best way to test Android for others, most people won't buy just for it to NOT work, unless they are doing mobile and Desktop .

But your choice if you decide to have an APK, I would be happy to test on Android, I have 2 tablets, and 6 Phones I can test on. Let me know if you decide to make an APK for others to test to make sure it works . If it works I will be happy to support the asset .

Thanks.

18. Frednaar

Frednaar

I am interested in this asset as I believe it could perform really well also with a very large number of trees using geometry batching, did you try creating a scene with > 100k trees and batching ?

jason-fisher likes this.
  19. jason-fisher

jason-fisher

Also interested in instancing/batching. I would like to use this for a space-to-surface transition on a voxel planet (octree chunks).

It would be nice to have an ultra-low LOD that is just the top-view quads for view from high in the atmosphere. This will work with meshes, correct? And if it doesn't support it yet, I should be able to easily modify it for use on a planet? (spherical normal alignment)

How does tree placement work for a mesh? Does it require a splat/texture? Can I procedurally generate tree chunks (aligned to my chunk normals) and feed it a list of vertices for positioning? Does it require colliders to use with a mesh?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  20. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Hi. Does you tree shaders support instancing?

21. jason-fisher

jason-fisher

I am seeing ~120ms CPU usage per frame on the demo scene with 99% of that time spent on _L_WaterTile -- can you stop the reflection if the water tile is not seen by the camera?

22. jason-fisher

jason-fisher

The effect is nice. I think I will be able to integrate this with my terrain octree chunk system. My goal is to GPU instance all of the like trees on a chunk together and fade them as a group.

I would recommend including a couple of jungle plants and a fern and maybe a painterly-type version of the textures with the asset -- it will give some variety to your assetstore screenshots and all jungles have a need for something like this.

23. magique

magique

@AaronBrownLM We haven't seen you in the forums since Jan 14 so I'm hoping everything is OK. I never got LushLOD Trees working on the Wii U, but would still like to get it working. Hopefully, you'll be able to help once I get more information on the issues.

24. jason-fisher

jason-fisher

Have you tested with just an empty scene with a couple of single trees in it? If you copy one of the trees from a test scene (the parent object w/script with the two LOD children), it will re-create the manager at runtime. Just wondering if you were seeing an issue that might be related to the water in the scene also..

25. magique

magique

No, I haven't tried that, but that's a very good idea for my next attempt. I'll create a completely new project and do something very simple like that.

26. John-G

John-G

Any updates?

jason-fisher likes this.
  27. magique

magique

Just wanted to let you know that with the latest version it appears to be working correctly on the Wii U and in editor even Linear mode. Thanks for the update.

28. gecko

gecko

Very interested in this. I know it's still in beta, but it would be great to have any kind of information about Mac and mobile. Anyone?

Also: I read the manual about shadows, but am a bit unclear still: If we want to have continuous day/night cycle:
    * Will the simple self-shadowing mode will work and look good?
    * The billboards can be set to cast shadows, but shadow distance will still be determined by the Unity quality setting for shadow distance, right? (Hopefully so -- that would be ideal, as I could set a fairly close distance for billboards, yet have shadows cast on the terrain up to 200m or so.)

thanks
    Dave

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

@gecko 1) Yes, it supports continuous day/night cycle, the simple self shadows will move with a single directional light. You won't be able to bake the shadows though if they are moving, obviously. 2) Yes, the shadow distances for all types of shadows are determined by the unity quality setting. 3) I still have very little testing information for mac and mobile, however, I haven't received any complaints regarding those platforms and after a fair number of sales.

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sorry everyone that I didn't reply, for some reason I didn't get any email notification about the posts that had been made on this thread. Gecko's post was the first one it emailed me about. Hopefully in the future Unity will notify me of replies to this thread... ;p

In the future, if you don't get a reply from me within 12 hours, it's probably because Unity didn't notify me of your post here. In that case you can post a support question on the support website at lushlodtrees.userecho.com, and I'm sure it'll notify me there and I'll answer your questions right away. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
  31. gecko

gecko

Thanks for the quick reply -- I've purchased it and will play around with it on my Mac.

32. gecko

gecko

First report: Works great on my Mac. So far just testing with the demo scene, but I'm really excited about the possibilities here -- especially billboard shadows, which has been a big issue with our Unity's trees (having to set the billboard distance fairly far out to get tree shadows to a reasonable distance), and for billboard-only shadows as potentially a huge performance boost.

Next, I'll convert our existing terrain with 25,000 trees and see how it works...

33. gecko

gecko

Well, I'm having troubles now: Apparently LushLOD doesn't work with trees painted onto the terrain, they need to be placed as game objects. That really should be noted under "Limitations" on the Asset Store page. Fortunately I have another tool from the Asset Store which will convert trees from the terrain into game objects, so I did that. However, now, LushLOD won't work because "You have more than one tree with the name "spruce_fir_19m". Please give each tree's gameObject a unique name (in the hierarchy window), and try again." The tool I'm using doesn't do that. So...now I'm stuck. Somewhere in the manuals I noticed a note saying that Gaia Terrain Composer can add trees to the terrain (presumably as objects, not painted), and that a tutorial would be forthcoming...but I guess it hasn't come yet. And I don't think that would solve my issue anyways.

tl;dr: I have an existing terrain with trees painted on it -- the standard Unity method -- and apparently there's no way to use LushLOD with it? If so, this is an extreme limitation that should be prominently noted on the Asset Store page. Very frustrated.

34. magique

magique

I agree. This is a showstopper for me in using this. I was about to give this a try in my latest project, but without this feature it's just not usable. Sure I could go ahead and let Gaia re-populate my entire terrain with LushLOD trees, but they are already place quite nicely and I'd rather not do that.

[EDIT]
    I realize it's still beta though so hopefully this feature will be included at some point.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  35. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

With this asset is it possible to access properties of each single tree so that I can change its appearance during game play. e.g The tree is healthy and green then later it is unhealthy and losing its bark.

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

@gecko @magique Sorry again for the late reply. I don't know why Unity doesn't email about replies to this thread. I understand that you're requesting a "scene converter" that would convert a scene of regular trees into a scene of LushLOD Trees, placing the LushLOD Trees into the same place in the terrain as where the regular trees were. And I agree, this would be a very helpful feature. I'll see about making a script to do this for the next update, it doesn't sound like this should be too difficult.

@TokyoDan No, you can only change the color of all the trees (using the manager that is), because changing a single tree would cause that single tree to require a whole draw call to the graphics card. Which would result in lots of draw calls. Part of what makes LushLOD Trees fast is that the distant billboards only require a single draw call. But, to make that possible, all the distant billboards have to use the same shader, and the same material.

magique likes this.
  37. Deleted User

Deleted User

I think I got the situation fixed about me not getting emails about replies to this thread. I had to unwatch this thread, and then re-watch it, and it asked if I also want emails and I said yes this time. Hopefully that's fixed now.

38. gecko

gecko

FYI: my scene has about 100,000 trees in it, so I simulated that by duplicating the trees in the demo scene several times over. Alas, that's just too many game objects for Unity to handle well. Performance and visual quality are both great with a reasonable number of trees, but not when you go all out like that. Bummer for this particular project, but I'll definitely keep LushLOD in mind for other games -- the ability to have the billboards cast shadows (instead of the mesh trees, and/or at billboard distance) is an extremely useful feature that ought to be be built into Unity trees.

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

With that many trees, you'd probably need to create a custom system that would convert huge chunks of them into a single, huge billboard... or something, when they are very far away from the camera. LushLOD Trees can convert each individual tree into its billboard, but unfortunately it doesn't have the ability to convert groups of trees into single billboards. It could be done though, but it would take several months of programming. ;p

40. Deleted User

Deleted User

gecko and magique like this.
  41. JDrem1

JDrem1

Hi very interested in LushLod trees. It looks a fantastic asset

Im another noob to Unity. And looking for a faster alternative to Speedtrees specifically for use with VR projects.
    few questions please.

And I apologise, that firstly there are 5½ questions.
    And secondly, that a few questions are about speedtrees, its not that I'm a fan of that asset.
    Its just that they are all I have been using, as a few variations of them were included with the recent purchase of Gaia.

1. Will LushLOD trees work, if I drop them into the "auto generated tree spawner" in Gaia? The same as the 3 variations thats included from speedtrees do.

2, I am guessing that the meshes, with LushLOD trees are much lighter than steedtrees, and consequently the performance of FPS is greater.
    Have you any idea, or even a rough estimation of a fully loaded (all the baked magic etc) of a LushLOD tree, in comparison with a generic speedtree.
    Not just on LOD but on polys. (and please forgive my noobish description here.) But I hope you will get my meaning. :)

3, I read in one of the reviews, that these trees dont suffer with the tree dancing at billboard in VR, can you please confirm that.

Last question on Speedtrees. Why is it that speedtrees cannot be converted by LushLOD? And what trees does it need to work.

5, and finally. and two hitter ;) I tried the demo, very cool it was too. And saw they work well with wind. How do they respond to higher winds please?
    And will they accept snow effect addition from other assets.

I really appreciate any help.

Best Regards.

Andy.

42. Deleted User

Deleted User

1. Will LushLOD trees work, if I drop them into the "auto generated tree spawner" in Gaia? The same as the 3 variations thats included from speedtrees do.
    I'm not a pro at Gaia, but when I used Gaia, I had to spawn the trees as though they were "rocks" or something like that.

2, I am guessing that the meshes, with LushLOD trees are much lighter than steedtrees, and consequently the performance of FPS is greater.
    Have you any idea, or even a rough estimation of a fully loaded (all the baked magic etc) of a LushLOD tree, in comparison with a generic speedtree.
    Not just on LOD but on polys. (and please forgive my noobish description here.) But I hope you will get my meaning. :)
    LushLOD Trees are faster on the billboards, but there is no improvement in speed on the high quality tree models, at least not on my computer. LushLOD Trees have very few polys on the billboards. The number of polys in the high quality tree varies from tree to tree... LushLOD doesn't create any high quality tree models, instead it converts any Unity "Tree Creator" trees that you own (or ones you've created). So the number of polys will be based on how many polys were in your Unity Tree Creator tree. In the end, I don't think my trees are extraordinarily faster than speedtrees. Meaning, if your game was lagging with a certain high number of speedtrees, it will more than likely still be lagging with my trees, just maybe slightly less. The main benefit of my trees over speedtrees is the much improved transitions, and not so much the speed.

3, I read in one of the reviews, that these trees dont suffer with the tree dancing at billboard in VR, can you please confirm that.
    Can confirm. See here:

Last question on Speedtrees. Why is it that speedtrees cannot be converted by LushLOD? And what trees does it need to work.
    Technically they could be converted, if I wasn't a lazy boy and I put the time in to write the code to convert them. Unfortunately, I spent a year developing LushLOD Trees and have sold very few copies.. it's hard to justify the time.

5, and finally. and two hitter ;) I tried the demo, very cool it was too. And saw they work well with wind. How do they respond to higher winds please?
    And will they accept snow effect addition from other assets.
    The wind effect is created using Unity's built in "WindZone" thing. The trees respond to it exactly the same way as the Unity Tree Creator trees respond to it... which is that the branches shift horizontally. It does look a little cheesy but I guess it is done that way to maximize performance. Higher wind speeds will make the branches shift around larger amounts, and in some cases they can look like they are detaching from the tree if the wind is too high. I think it looks decent with low wind speeds but higher wind speeds tends to look increasingly more cheesy.

43. JDrem1

JDrem1

Thank you Sir, for a Very full, and honest reply, and feedback. :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  44. Hitch42

Hitch42

For what it's worth, I think your asset is amazing and just what I was looking for. I almost gave up on making outdoor forest scenes because I was always bothered by the way trees transitioned as you got closer to them, even Speedtrees. I find your method far superior and much nicer to look at. I hope that you are encouraged to keep working on it.

mikaelK likes this.
  45. gecko

gecko

I'm trying to convert some Tree Creator trees, but Unity locks up with "Saving prefabs" showing on the progress bar, with this error -- any suggestions?

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    at _LushLODTreeConverter+<Export>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () [0x004ae] in /Users/davidtschaller/Documents/TreeProjectUnity/Assets/AssetStore Tools/LushLOD Trees/Scripts/_LushLODTreeConverter.cs:1586
    at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00028] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto_Internal(IEnumerator)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/MonoBehaviourBindings.gen.cs:62)
    <GenerateBillboards>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/AssetStore Tools/LushLOD Trees/Scripts/_LushLODTreeConverter.cs:599)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility:INTERNAL_CALL_RenderGameViewCamerasInternal(RenderTexture, Int32, Rect&, Vector2&, Boolean)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility:RenderGameViewCamerasInternal(RenderTexture, Int32, Rect, Vector2, Boolean) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorGUIUtilityBindings.gen.cs:642)
    UnityEditor.GameView:OnGUI() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GameView/GameView.cs:752)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:262)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)
    UnityEditor.HostView:InvokeOnGUI(Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:222)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:346)

46. Nyuchen

Nyuchen

Hello, i asked under your video about converting trees.
    Now i read the Asset description about "allows you to convert any tree created with the Unity Tree Creator".

We are interested into buying this asset because of the price, good LOD system, smooth transition and baked shadows into the texture. But iam not sure if this would handle our non-tree-creator Trees.

So people in our discord asking about, if the Trees what they using would work with that system too.
    They are using following tree Packs who are including Meshed Trees with already a LOD system what they want to replace with your ones.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/nature-package-42225
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/realistic-nature-environment-58429
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/nature-pack-1021

Would you say that this is possible? They are complex and need to be LODed without any saturationloss or sharp transitions.
    Does it safe a lot Frames with that complexe shaped trees with that LODing System on a dense forest?
    If a convertion is not possible automaticly, would a work around be possible that i build a cross shaped texture tree (LOD form like yours) by self for every tree and add the scripts and shaders to it?

Would be happy about any answer about that, because a lot people using premade meshed trees.
    So we can pin this asset as a must-have in our Discord after trying out with our Trees. :)

47. Migueljb

Migueljb

Getting this error when I hit play trying to convert my unity tree creator trees in the Tree Converter scene that this plugin comes with. Makes the scene hang at Saving Prefabs. I'm following the tutorial it says delete trees in the Parent Game object called Put Trees Here and put in your own tree creator trees and just hit Play to create the billboard and new mesh's to work with the system and its doing this. I'm using unity 5.5.0p3.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    _LushLODTreeConverter+<Export>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () (at Assets/LushLOD Trees/Scripts/_LushLODTreeConverter.cs:1544)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <GenerateBillboards>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/LushLOD Trees/Scripts/_LushLODTreeConverter.cs:540)

48. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hi Aaron, as one developer to another, may I suggest taking some time and implement speedtree import, and here is why.

A lot of people uses SpeedTree and the paid versions are not cheap. I've been eyeing LushLod for months and that has been the deal-breaker for me. For many users, this means hundreds of euros worth assets becomes unusable, and NOBODY wants that.

I have purchased several tree programs, but yours have shadows - I am supremely confident that your sales would rise with SpeedTree.

Just my two cents. Just purchased it, cause I've a sneaky feeling that price would rise soon.

PS: Also importing Mesh object that might be used as bush, tree as so on.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Nyuchen and John-G like this.
  49. CDUnityDev

CDUnityDev

Getting a compile error when I try to build. Just imported the package in and everything was working properly when I hit play. I compiled once successfully and then the app wouldn't launch. Subsequent attempts to play or compile the game failed and this is the only error I get.

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

Everyone: I apologize again for the late replies. THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT THREAD. Unity forum's is NOT sending me email notifications when people post anything here. So please, do not ask support questions here. If any moderator can help me, PLEASE DELETE or CLOSE this thread for me so people will quit posting support questions here, because I'm not receiving email notifications.

For those of you still needing support, please post your support questions at the following link and I'll help you right away: http://lushlodtrees.userecho.com