Search Unity

[Released] Lowpoly Style Packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chassets, May 9, 2017.

1. chassets

chassets

Added ivy!

upload_2020-2-5_18-11-14.png

2. bml

bml

When is the new pack out? Looks fantastic. Will it be part of the Ultra Pack? 2019.3/URP is supported? Thanks!

3. chassets

chassets

Hi!
    Sorry for the late reply, I've been sick with a cold.
    Glad you like the new pack.

I would like to include this in the ultra pack, but I fear I can't anymore - I've got to pay rent too, and always adding new packs for free is fine unitl some point. But my plan is to build up a second compilation pack, consisting of this and up to five other new environments (the next one after this might be a bit spooky / dark, for example a graveyard pack).

I'll check un URP support, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work fine with URP.

Best,
    CH

4. chassets

chassets

I checked, URP works just fine in 2019.3 - just go:

Edit -> Render Pipeline -> Upgrade Project Materials

5. chassets

chassets

Finally managed to work on this again for a few days, now there are streets in the main village: upload_2020-3-19_22-53-22.png

Also, there is a house generation script now that lets you easily adjust all possible house types and options, you can also randomize a whole village with a few clicks to get an unique building config (see screenshot above).
    upload_2020-3-19_22-55-59.png

pushingpandas and verteom like this.
  6. chassets

chassets

This will soon be released, just finishing up on the last few things!

LPS_C__0097_screen_3840x2160_2020-04-05_21-50-14.png

7. lorddanger

lorddanger

Hello,
    These looks are cool, but can you provide more details on the models like poly count and texture file size...
    And is it compatable for mobiles games
    Also is there any discord server?

8. chassets

chassets

Hi, sorry didn't get a notification for your post! Thanks for your interest.

Texture size is 2048 (looks good down to 512) - basically there is just one for all models in all packs combined (except water, particles) - also just one material. This is great for performance, since everything can be batched together by unity.

While I didn't especially create them for mobile, I've used 2 of the packs for mobile apps myself, worked just fine - and I know a few others that used it for mobile and VR - always depens on density of models and mobile device, shaders, effects...

I don't have a discord yet, but maybe in the future!

9. chassets

chassets

10. verteom

verteom

11. chassets

chassets

Sorry for the delay - I'm having a bit of an issue with unity to get this published (I do not know why yet, still waiting for an answer from them, very mysterious) - I don't know yet how / when this package will be available, sorry :(

verteom likes this.
  12. chassets

chassets

The pack is finally available here: http://u3d.as/1PLy

Hope you'll like it!

The next one will probably something spooky :)
    As always, I'll post progress here in this thread.
    Best,
    CH

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Bought all your LowPo Assets. Awesome! My game is coming out soon.

chassets likes this.
  14. chassets

chassets

Thanks a lot! Best of luck for your game, would love to see it!

Ps: If you'd like to review or rate the assets, that would relly help me a lot - thanks a lot if you decide to do so, but if you dont have the time it is also perfectly fine :)

15. chassets

chassets

Unity has introduced a new system for updates - I plan on releasing ready to go URP / HDRP version of my assets that are available to you at no cost if you have the standard package.

Also, work on the next pack hast started, hope I can get it finished until halloween :D

16. tim44

tim44

I bought this and it seems to not be good for mobile. All of the objects are 1000s of vertices (even a simple rock). Unity says over 300 won't be batched and the vertices count is really high in a scene. Any suggestions?

17. chassets

chassets

Hello,

while they aren't specifically intended for mobile usage, they should work fine for most cases, I've used them myself for mobile from time to time.

As a test, here's a quick video of the woodland scene running on my 3,5 year old phone - in 2.220x1080 res, with desktop shaders and post processing stack V2 (just to test things out) - runs perfectly well, excuse the bad video recording with my even older phone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IQZLuiO-M9Y0lvbFEwMExaek1uRTlOWjhiUUNBbm1vYnNN/view?usp=sharing

Concerning vertex count: When going for the hard edged lowpoly look, unity will have to split the vertex normals, resulting in ~3-4 times the vertex count. This is just how rendering works, and applies to all other lowpoly models out there if they are faceted / hard shaded. Example: A cube has 8 vetices, when you hard shade the edges, they become 24 vertices. To achive detail in a visually pleasing way, you have to spend a few extra vertices in this style.

Batching: Of course meshes with more than 300 vertices will be batched (feature would be pretty much useless for environments otherwise) - just check out a demoscene or mark the assets as static in yours and click play, you'll see that all the meshes are being merged in a combined mesh. Since there is only one shared material and texture in my assets, this works especially well.

In my tests lower drawcalls improve performance much further than polycount due to batching.

Some of the demoscenes are probably too much for certain mobiles, since a few of them are really huge and feature thousands and thousands of gameobjects - you'd want to build your own in this case.

General tips: mark static objects as such, use occlusion culling, use mobile shaders, go easy on post processing.

Hope this helps,
    best,
    CH

18. chassets

chassets

Also FYI, there are now URP and HDRP versions of this asset - available for existing and new customers for free - you can simply upgrade for 0$ from any of the 3 versions to the others.

Enjoy!

19. chassets

chassets

20. chassets

chassets

21. RatherGood

RatherGood

Does this use unity terrain or mesh terrain? Thank you

22. chassets

chassets

Hi! All terrain pieces are modeled, unity terrain doesnt work for my taste in this look.

23. Bones888

Bones888

24. chassets

chassets

Hi there, sorry for the late reply - got no notification :-(

The included scenes in my model packs only feature static water for demonstration purposes.

I would simply use a free lowpoly water shader like these:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/lowpoly-water-107563
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/water-effect-fits-for-lowpoly-style-87810

Hope this helps and thank you very much for your purchase.