Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Lowpoly Style Packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chassets, May 9, 2017.

1. chassets

chassets

S
    Sorry, I didn't see that you posted here, but got your email and replied you there. Just FYI for anyone else that is interested:

2. chassets

chassets

If anyone else wants the new models earlier, just drop me an email on my publisher mail or a PN here (please include your invoice no. of either Megapack or Woodlands pack) and I'll provide you with the additional stuff asap.

Thanks!

3. IvyKun

IvyKun

Many thanks for the update!!

4. chassets

chassets

No problem, in the meantime the update is apparently available for everyone! Enjoy!

5. Lilcolombian

Lilcolombian

Hey I was wondering if anyone has tried to use this for VR? I want to use it for a project but I want to know before I buy it

6. chassets

chassets

I already used it for VR, it's just regular models - no reason it wouldn't work ;-) Also, with the post processing stack, all the effects (except maybe for temporal AA) will work also.

7. chassets

chassets

We've been working on something tropical, pretty wip though - but as always 1 texture / 1 material and compatible with all other LPS packs!

Unbenannt.PNG

8. chassets

chassets

Tropical pack is nearly finished!

AS__0004_screenshot_01-08_12-30-23.jpg AS__0006_screenshot_01-08_12-27-58.jpg AS__0002_screenshot_01-08_12-31-10.jpg AS__0024_screenshot_01-08_11-25-57.jpg AS__0012_screenshot_01-08_11-46-41.jpg

9. Ryry36

Ryry36

That Tropical pack looks great! Will the mega pack be updated to have the Tropical pack when its released? Also does the mega pack currently have the forest scene and the woodlands or just the woodlands pack? Sorry the description is a little unclear!

10. chassets

chassets

Thanks, glad you like it.

I don't think the description is unclear, the included packs are listed. Quote:

Contains the following Lowpoly Series Packs:
    Lowpoly Style Desert
    Lowpoly Style Alpine Woodlands
    Lowpoly Style Artic Tundra

The mega pack will still only contain these 3 though. But a ultra pack will be available which contains all 5. As always, you will be able to upgrade from any available pack that you already have at the same price, so that users never have to pay more.

Hope this helps. Best regards

11. chassets

chassets

12. DarthMallice

DarthMallice

hello CH Assets, i was hoping you could email me regarding the pack. i changed my rating from 1 star to 4, i was hoping to get the FBX models so that i can use them to make even more models in blender (like expand on the, etc). if you could do that for me that would be greatly appreciated.

13. chassets

chassets

I can't email you, unless you mail me first - as a seller, I don't know your mail adress, you can only see mine :)

What fbx models do you want? They are all in the pack, how else would you be able to see them in unity? Also the issues that you are having in your review are very strange and haven't been encountered before by anyone. (But please note that when you alter my models for your game, the asset store license still applies also to them!)

I guess that you are pretty new to unity or gamedev, right? Drop me an email and I'll be glad to help you, please also include a screenshot of the issue you were having with the prefabs.

14. adhochero

adhochero

are these good for mobile?

15. chassets

chassets

Mobile was not my main focus, but I know from customers it has been used for mobile devices - the drawcalls can be pretty low since everything shares one material and texture, also you could use a mobile material instead of the standard shader. As with all faceted assets with this look, unity will show a higher vertex count, since every vertex needs to be split to achieve the hard shaded look, but that's just how rendering works.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey, could you give me an estimated vertex/tri count for these assets?

17. chassets

chassets

It varies greatly, lots are under 500, most are under 1k, but a enterable house with interior can have up to 8k (in the winter scene, that's the one I have available right now - of course the snow adds a bit too)

Deleted User likes this.
  18. chassets

chassets

Here's a preview of my new pack - a simple walk-through with FPS controller:
    Hope you like it, I'll submit in the next few days.

19. chassets

chassets

The pack has been submitted for Unity 5.4.4+ and should be available soon!

20. chassets

chassets

21. slimshader

slimshader

Hey I just bought Asia pack and it is beautiful but I am having problems when importing it in Unity 2018.3, could you please take a look at compatibility with newer versions of Unity?

22. chassets

chassets

Sure, will do - could you email me screenshots of your problem ?

23. chassets

chassets

I checked with 2018.3.0 and 2018.3.1 which I have available at the moment, and in both everything imports and works flawlessly.

So I guess this comes from something other than this pack, but just send me an email with further details and I'll help you get rid of any issues you might have, even if the source is something else.

Best regards,
    CH

EDIT: I'll go ahead and download the latest version also, just to make sure - will edit this post later.

EDIT 2: Also in 2018.3.3 everything is working without any troubles here.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    slimshader likes this.
  24. chassets

chassets

Good news! After a bit of technical trouble and being sick with the flu, I managed to update the ultra pack collection. It now contains all 6 environments, which means over 110 new assets have been added for free! Enjoy!

Best regards,
    CH

25. chassets

chassets

The forest environment was just updated with better waterfall particles that do not need any standard assets anymore, also I'm adding a few new terrain pieces for modularity in the near future.

26. chassets

chassets

518_lps.jpg

There will be a free Lowpoly Style Rocks and Plants pack available in a couple of days! I'll post the link here once live!

maxaud likes this.
  27. chassets

chassets

28. chassets

chassets

29. Snoowo

Snoowo

Hello! Your assets packs are awesome!
    Can I use them in a project on oculus quest?

30. chassets

chassets

Hi!

Thanks, glad you like them. I have used them on my samsung galaxy 7 mobile phone without any problems(even with a bit of post fx enabled), so I believe there should not be an issue - VR can be demanding though, and I do not know how much power the oculus quest has. I've used them a few times for Rift and Vive though.

But since all models share the same material and texture, they are quite performant and save a lot of draw calls.

31. chassets

chassets

upload_2019-11-22_23-1-40.png

Sneak peek at my next pack. through the first few assets into unity and quickly snapped together this cliffy island. Everything snaps together nicely, so this was quick and fun to do!

I'll also add a ton of items for the houses with interiour, food, tools, weapons, furniture....

Hope you like it, but it will still take a while.

bml and montyfi like this.
  32. montyfi

montyfi

Hi, just bought your Ultra pack and it seems to be missing some stuff. Every demo scene have missing post processing profile. Also, is Forest supposed to have waterfall fx? It's also missing. Could you please clarify, maybe I did something wrong? Latest Unity, 2019.2.13f1

33. chassets

chassets

Thanks a lot for your purchase, let me check it out - I hope I didn't miss anything with the last update. I'll be in touch asap.

Thanks, CH

montyfi likes this.
  34. chassets

chassets

@montyfi Sorry, it seems that only the post processing stack V1 profile are included, my fault.

I'll attach these here, so nobody has to wait on the asset store package update.

Depending on which post effects (V1 or V2) you use, you might want to tweak the scene's fog settings in the lighting tab.
    I've tested the attached profiles in the latest post processing stack from package manager.

Best regards,
    CH

Attached Files:

35. montyfi

montyfi

@chassets Thank you! Could you please also let me know if waterfall fx is somewhere here, or it's not included. Not a big deal at all, just playing with demo scenes.

36. chassets

chassets

Hi,
    It will be included in the next update (should be live in 1 to 2 days), if you want it sooner, I can send it to you anytime.
    Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Reason is, that the waterfalls were dependent on parts of the unity standard assets before, so they couldnt be included directly - if you check the readme file, it will take you to the waterfall unitypackage download.

This isnt needed anymore, and they are now included directly, but due to a stupid mistake when uploading the package they are missing.
    Thanks alot for pointing this out.

Regards,
    CH

montyfi likes this.
  37. montyfi

montyfi

No worries, there is no hurry at all. Thank you for clarification!

38. chassets

chassets

Still waiting for approval, but version 1.2 of the ultra pack should be live soon. Comes with a few more prefabs, collisions and other improvements as well as updated post processing profiles.

Also, here's an update on the cliffy islands pack - it is already a 100 fbx meshes heavy, if I can trust my project view.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    montyfi likes this.
  39. chassets

chassets

upload_2019-11-30_22-18-54.png

montyfi likes this.
  40. chassets

chassets

upload_2019-12-15_12-28-58.png

There are (moving) windmills now ^_^
    Next up: Lighthouse

montyfi likes this.
  41. verteom

verteom

Hi~ I already bought Ultra Pack, but it seems need us to upgrade LWRP mode?

42. chassets

chassets

Hi, it has mostly just one material and one texture for all assets, so you would just need to change this after switching to LWRP or HDRP.

Edit-> Render Pipeline -> Upgrade Project Materials to Lightweight Materials

I can check it out later and see if everything works out, unity changes these render pipelines so often...

Please let me know if it helps,
    Best
    CH

43. verteom

verteom

Hi~ chassets~ I already upgraded this asset to lwrp~ It almost seems fine,.
    In addition to this ,what happened about those trees?

Attached Files:

• 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      674.8 KB
      Views:
  44. chassets

chassets

Hmm, very strange. Can you tell me your unity version? I'll try to reproduce.

45. verteom

verteom

Hey~ In 2019.2.16f version. It's too weird

46. chassets

chassets

I can try it tonight, but you can simply try to change the material to transparent or fade in the meantime. probably unity just didnt set the material to a tranparent one when upgrading.

47. verteom

verteom

yep~transparent it ,and it will be fine

48. chassets

chassets

cliffyisland.JPG

Added a couple of things:
    • Fields / farm
    • Cemetary
    • Bridges
    • Modular Creeks
    At the moment, all buildings are the same, they will be replaced with different styles (2 or 3)

49. chassets

chassets

50. chassets

chassets

A few recent wip images: 1.JPG 2.JPG

verteom likes this.
unityunity