Search Unity

[Released] Low Poly Medieval Castle Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ventuar, May 4, 2020.

1. Ventuar

Ventuar

Low Poly Medieval Castle Pack
    v1.1.0
    Store link: http://u3d.as/1a2Y
    Patch notes: https://pastebin.com/uA5EKvyD
    The Low Poly Medieval Castle Pack is a collection of structures and props in a beautiful low poly art style to help create castles, fortresses, towns, and environments for any project of yours!

-----------------------------------
    Contents:
    • Includes nearly 100 unique and modular assets
    • Default collision data and colliders for all models (minus small ground clutter)
    • Beautiful game-ready demo scene including built in lighting, lightmap data, occlusion culling, and post processing

Asset Variants:

• Bridges
    • Gate Walls
    • Portcullis
    • Drawbridges
    • Castle Towers
    • Castle Walls
    • Castle Stairs
    • Landform Pieces
    • Mountains & Hills
    • Water Tiles
    • Stone Pathways
    • Rocks
    • Trees
    • Tree Stumps
    • Structure Accessories & Additions
    • Modular Church Pieces
    • Crates & Barrels
    • Modular Dock Tiles
    • Modular Fence Pieces
    • Gravestones
    • House Bases
    • Modular Stairs
    • Various Ground Clutter

Screenshots:

-----------------------------------

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions! I will make sure to respond as soon as possible. The pack was first published 2 years ago today, and was just updated to v1.1.0 earlier this morning! The changes made can be viewed in the patch notes link at the top of the page, or in the release notes on the asset store page. Thank you for taking time to look at my pack, and consider leaving a review if you decide to purchase!

Thank you,
    ~Ventuar

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  2. Joakim

Joakim

Hi, where should I ask questions regarding this asset, is this thread ok for that?
    My question is, is there a simple way to convert all medieval castle pack materials to render properly through URP (universal render pipeline)? Currently all assets are pink for me because i use URP.

3. Ventuar

Ventuar

Hi Joakim,

I usually prefer email for these types of questions, but I'll answer here since you already posted your question.

Unity has a handy tool already built into the render pipeline to convert standard materials to URP materials. This can be found by going to Edit > Render Pipeline > Universal Render Pipeline > Upgrade Project Materials to UniversalRP Materials. This will convert all materials in your project to ones usable by URP.

I included this info in both the pack description and the README file included in the pack itself, but I will admit it does require a little bit of searching around to find.

Hope this helped, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Ventuar

4. Joakim

Joakim

That worked, thank you very much on such a quick reply!

Sorry I did not try that option because it did not work for some other assets, some asset packs have "special button" for switching to URP, so I automatically started searching for something like that. But your materials work with Unity "Upgrade to URP" tool, that is great!

For eventual future questions I will e-mail you then.

P.S. just a thought, I think asking and answering questions here could maybe help other users find answers and save you time.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  5. Ventuar

Ventuar

Great! I’m glad that worked out for you!

Some asset packs come with custom shaders made specifically for that pack, which unfortunately aren’t able to be upgraded to URP the quick way a pack with solely standard shader such as mine can be. I believe most involve some sort of import process that replaces shaders with nearly identical ones made for a specific render pipeline, but there might be other ways of handling it. That sort of backwards compatibility is something I really wish unity could’ve included in the scriptable render pipeline as it gives publishers dealing with custom shaders a huge headache, but I digress.

The idea of having a forum like this for support specific to my pack is definitely not a bad idea, but I feel like for most people it’s just more intuitive to simply email the creator. A forum post like this can get easily buried, where my email address is linked to almost every place the asset store has my name. Besides, I get very few support requests in the first place for it to be a significant time issue for me. I’ll definitely keep that suggestion in mind though!