Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Love/Hate: The Emotion-Driven Relationship System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TonyLi, Mar 24, 2015.

1. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 50% Off in Best of Super Sale

You can get Love/Hate for 50% off in the Asset Store's Best Of Super Sale running this week.

The Dialogue System for Unity and Quest Machine are 50%, too!

2. ViniciusRubio

ViniciusRubio

Hi, I have some doubts about the Love / Hate System.

1 - Does it works totally with a text game? Where it would have basically just text with at most some static images, no 2d or 3d objects. Just menus and like I said some static images.

2 - For example, I have a game where NPC's are generated in a procedural way and their personalities and relationships would also be generated in a procedural way, when there is a relationship of the player with this NPC and there are changes in the way the NPC sees the player it would be discarded or maintained. For example, there is an NPC, my player interacts with it and the NPC did not like the way the player interacted and gave it in affinity -50, then I would have a system that when the affinity is less than 0, this NPC is discarded from the game and no longer appears when this affinity is >= 0, the NPC is kept in the game and their information is saved.

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @ViniciusRubio - Yes. Love/Hate is primarily data-based. It doesn't matter if you're using 2D, 3D, or text. Those scenarios you described are fine to do.

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 1.10.14 Released + 50% Off in Best of Super Sale

Love/Hate 1.10.14 is now live on the Asset Store and currently 50% off for a limited time in the Best of Super Sale.

5. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 50% Off Ends Today

Today is the LAST day of the Cyber Week Sale.

Get Love/Hate for 50% off, as well as the Dialogue System for Unity and Quest Machine for 50% off.

6. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 50% Off

You can get Love/Hate, the emotion and relationship simulator (aka faction system on steroids), for 50% off in the Asset Store's New Year Sale. The Dialogue System for Unity and Quest Machine are also 50% off. (You can see all three in action in games such as Animmal's The Way of Wrath.) If your cart totals $120 or more, use code GOODBYE2020 for an extra 5% off everything.

TeagansDad likes this.
  7. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 50% Off

Reminder: Love/Hate is 50% off in the Asset Store's New Year Sale, and today is the last day to use the bonus coupon code GOODBYE2020 for an extra 5% off your entire cart on orders over $120. The Dialogue System for Unity and Quest Machine are also 50% off!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  8. TonyLi

TonyLi

9. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 1.10.15 Released

Love/Hate 1.10.15 is now live on the Asset Store!

Release Notes:
    • Improved: UILocalizationManager now also updates LocalizeUI components on inactive GameObjects.
    • Fixed: Message System bug when removing and re-adding the same message listener in the same frame.
    • Save System: LoadScene() logs message when Debug is ticked.
    • Dialogue System: Added CustomLuaFuncInfo for Love/Hate Lua functions.

10. TonyLi

TonyLi

11. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 50% Off - Version 1.10.16 Released!

Love/Hate is 50% Off in the Asset Store's Sprint Into Spring Sale!

Use coupon code SPRING2021 on orders of $100 or more for additional savings.

Version 1.10.16 has been released and should be available on the Asset Store soon.

12. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate version 1.10.16 is now available on the Asset Store!

upload_2021-4-13_9-1-26.png

Reminder: Love/Hate is currently 50% off in the Sprint Into Spring Sale.

skinwalker likes this.
  13. TonyLi

TonyLi

Made With Unity Spring Showcase - Submit Your Game

If you're making a WebGL game with Love/Hate, the Dialogue System for Unity, or Quest Machine you can submit it here and Unity may feature it. This is a great chance for some high profile exposure for your WebGL game!

Made With Unity Spring Showcase Submission

Reminder: The Dialogue System for Unity, Quest Machine, and Love/Hate are all 50% off right now in the Sprint Into Spring Sale.

14. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate - 50% Off in Spring Sale

Reminder: Love/Hate, Quest Machine, and the Dialogue System for Unity are 50% off in the Asset Store's Spring Sale. If your cart totals $100 or more, use the code SPRING2021 for an extra 5-10% off.

Love/Hate integrates with the Dialogue System, Quest Machine, and many other assets.

15. TonyLi

TonyLi

16. Graham-B

Graham-B

Hi,

In this screenshot from your documentation there is a clear point where the values could possibly align so that all three emotions; Admiration, Gloating and Gratification would all meet the requirements.

chrome_SL8mGRoz0j.png

How does Love/Hate handle overlapping emotions in an emotion model?

17. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @Graham-B - It tests from the top. In your example, if current PAD is in the range for Admiration, it will use Admiration. Otherwise it will check Gloating, and then Gratification.

Graham-B likes this.
  18. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 1.10.17 Released

Love/Hate 1.10.17 is now available on the Asset Store!

Release Notes:
    • Changed: GameObjectUtility.GameObjectHardFind and GameObjectUtility.FindObjectsOfTypeAlsoInactive search all open scenes by default, not just active scene.
    • Improved: InputDeviceManager New Input System integration handles translation of KeyCode.Alpha# and KeyCode.Keypad#.
    • Improved: UIScrollbarEnabler will now update scroll rect even if no scrollbar is assigned.
    • Fixed: UIButtonKeyTrigger didn't reset pressed state.
    • Fixed: UILocalizationManager didn't apply localization to inactive GameObjects when option to apply to inactive was ticked.
    • Fixed: Removed obsolete warning in Unity 2021 'StandaloneInputModule.forceModuleActive' is obsolete.

Aetherial87 likes this.
  19. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 1.10.18 Released

Version 1.10.18 is now live on the Asset Store!

Release Notes:
    • Added: Best Fit option (now default) to Emotional State.
    • Added: Neutral emotion ([-1,+1] range) to OCC model.
    • Fixed: Input Device Manager could report error using new Input System with disabled domain reloading.
    • Fixed: Assigning a Text Table asset to a string field would unnecessarily add a UILocalizationManager GameObject at design time if the scene didn't already have one.

hopeful likes this.
  20. TonyLi

TonyLi

21. TonyLi

TonyLi

22. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 50% Off in Return To 3D Sale

If you missed it in the 2D sale, you're in luck -- Love/Hate is still 50% off in the Return To 3D sale! You can see it in countless dating simulator games, of course, but also in RPGs and tactics games like Animmal's The Way of Wrath. since it allows characters to automatically update their relationships and emotional states based on gameplay actions such as combat events and the player's tactical decisions.

upload_2021-7-6_9-9-4.png

Get Love/Hate on the Asset Store. The Dialogue System is also 50% off.

23. TonyLi

TonyLi

2 Days Left in Return To 3D Sale - Love/Hate 50% Off

Reminder: There are only 2 days left in the Asset Store's Return To 3D Sale.

Love/Hate is currently 50% off. It allows your NPCs to automatically update their relationships and emotional states in reaction to gameplay actions and player choices. NPCs can also automatically "gossip" when they encounter each other, allowing information about the player's actions to spread organically through the game world.

The Dialogue System for Unity is also 50% off.

24. TonyLi

TonyLi

25. TonyLi

TonyLi

Final Day of Fantasy Quest Sale - Love/Hate 50% Off

Today is the last day of the Asset Store's Fantasy Quest Sale. If you have sale items in your cart, remember to check out before the end of the day.

The Love/Hate and the Dialogue System for Unity are both 50% off!

26. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 50% Off in Sci-Fi Strikes Back Sale

upload_2021-7-20_8-5-25.png

Missed the Fantasy Quest Sale? You can still get Love/Hate, the relationship and emotional state simulator, for 50% off in the Asset Store's Sci-Fi Strikes Back Sale. The Dialogue System for Unity is on sale, too!

27. TonyLi

TonyLi

Sci-Fi Sale Ends Today - Love/Hate 50% Off

The Asset Store's Sci-Fi Strikes Back Sale ends today. If you have items in your cart, remember to check out by midnight PDT.

Love/Hate is 50% off in the sale. Add factions, relationship simulation, and emotional states to your NPCs.

The Dialogue System for Unity is 50% off, too!

28. TonyLi

TonyLi

Final Summer Sale - Love/Hate 50% Off

upload_2021-7-27_8-3-25.jpeg

The last leg of the Asset Store's Smash Hit Summer Sale has started. This is the last chance to get Love/Hate and the Dialogue System for Unity for 50% off in the summer sale.

29. TonyLi

TonyLi

30. TonyLi

TonyLi

Last Chance - Love/Hate 50% Off

upload_2021-8-9_10-1-11.png

The Asset Store's Summer Sale ends today. It's your last chance to get Love/Hate and the Dialogue System for Unity for 50% off. Add factions, relationships, and emotional states to your NPCs. Love/Hate can update relationships and emotional states automatically based on the player's actions, and you can also modify them manually, such as in conversations using the Dialogue System.

31. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 1.10.19 Released!

Version 1.10.19 is now available on the Asset Store!

Release Notes:
    • Improved: FactionMember inspector now also shows faction's traits.
    • Improved: Added separately-assignable delegate to compute dominance change caused by deed.
    • Dialogue System: Added LoveHateDialogueActor component to sync character's Love/Hate faction with Dialogue Actor.
    • Improved: Added UILocalizationManager checkbox to set TextTable.useDefaultLanguageForBlankTranslations.
    • Improved: LocalizeUI will use default translation if current language setting is invalid.
    • Save System: Saver components now show warning if GameObject has multiple savers and Key values are blank.
    • Save System: Added SaveSystemMethods.ResetGameState().
    • Save System: No longer adds JsonDataSerializer or PlayerPrefsSavedGameDataStorer if application is quitting.
    • Save System: Fixed bug with AnimatorSaver when using BinaryDataSerializer.

32. TonyLi

TonyLi

Love/Hate 1.10.20 Released

Version 1.10.20 is now available on the Asset Store!

Release Notes:
    • Improved: Localize UI component can now localize TextMeshPro components in addition to TextMeshProUGUI.
    • Fixed: InputDeviceManager when using Input System now ignores keycodes for mouse buttons.
    • Save System: Added version info to saved games.
    • Save System: DiskSavedGameDataStorer Added dropdown to use persistentDataPath, dataPath, or custom location.
    • Save System: DiskSavedGameDataStorer now saves to intermediate file first in case writing to file fails.
    • Save System: DiskSavedGameDataStorer will now rebuild saveinfo.data (catalog) automatically if missing.
    • Save System: DiskSavedGameDataStorer change -- will now throw exception if fails to write to disk.

twobob likes this.
  33. twobob

twobob

<3 best app. Buy it

TonyLi likes this.
  34. twobob

twobob

This thread needs more noise. This is an amazing app. If you don't HAVE THIS NOW. buy this.

hopeful and TonyLi like this.
  35. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks! "Secondary support" assets like Love/Hate tend to go under the radar. They don't do much that's flashy by themselves, but they provide a lot of power behind the scenes when coupled with other systems such as character controllers, enemy AI, dialogue systems, etc.

twobob likes this.
  36. twobob

twobob

It has been best in class for like, what, 6 or 7 years? - since release.

Have some noise

TonyLi likes this.
  37. TonyLi

TonyLi

Okay, here's a bit of noise. :)

Pixel Crushers Publisher Sale - Free Gift: Love/Hate

upload_2021-11-1_9-6-40.png

All Pixel Crushers assets are 50% off in the Asset Store's Publisher Sale!

You've seen the Dialogue System and other Pixel Crushers assets in award-winning games such as Disco Elysium, Suzerain, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, and many many more.

Free gift: During the sale, you can get Love/Hate absolutely free, no strings attached, with coupon code TOOLBOX.

Excellent assets by Digital Ruby and Davit Naskidashvili are also in the Publisher Sale!

hopeful and twobob like this.
  38. twobob

twobob

Dear lord. that is STUPIDLY GOOD

hopeful likes this.
  39. SI_007

SI_007

Hi Tony,

I would like to know if you could give me a few advices regarding Love/Hate and Bolt. I've read the manual and added all the necessary scripts to my gameobject characters (ex: FactionMembers).

I noticed that there is no FactionMember.factionName. I currently use FactionMember.factionID, but it prevents me from using certain actions, such as "getpersonalitytrait" (two string input and one int output).

I understand that affinity (ex: ModifyPersonAffinity) = relationships (ex: in the inspector).

If I add a relationship trait (ex: fear) below the required affinity in the Faction Database, how can I get access to this new relationship trait via Bolt? Note that I do not see any new trait below the "relationships" section in the gameobject' FactionMembers script. Yet, everything else is correctly linked (Faction Manager / Faction Database). Is there an update of some sort that should be activated?

Thank you! :)

40. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @StudioIncorrect - To get the faction name in Bolt, you can use FactionMember.GetMyFaction().name.

However, you can use the faction member's ID to get the faction member's personality trait. You don't have to use the name.

Relationship traits are more commonly manipulated than personality traits, so the FactionMember class provides methods to work with relationship traits but not personality traits. To work with personality traits, you'll want to get them from the faction database. In Bolt, you can get the faction database from FactionMember.factionDatabase. Then use the FactionDatabase.GetPersonalityTrait() method, which accepts a faction ID or name. (You can use FactionDatabase.GetPersonalityTraitID() to get the ID of a trait name.)

twobob likes this.
  41. SI_007

SI_007

Hi Tony,

The relationship traits are now accessible to Bolt through the FactionDatabase, which is great!

Unfortunately, Bolt's fuzzy finder does not show any "GetMyFaction", nor is it shown when I use the fuzzy finder to search manually inside the FactionMember script (after GetAffinity (subjectfactionname), I see GetPowerLevel(get)). if I try to fill the string input of a GetAffinity action, I only have "name" or "tag" under FactionMember (which relates to the gameobject's name and tag). It is present in the script itself, but not in Bolt. Can you see it in your own Bolt fuzzy finder?

Thanks! :)

42. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @StudioIncorrect - Sorry, I meant FactionMember.faction.name. However, I think it will be more convenient to provide a direct factionName property. This patch does that. This change will also be in the next full release. After you import, remember to select menu item Tools > Bolt > Update Unit Options. Then you can use it directly, like this:

upload_2021-11-4_9-1-43.png

Attached Files:

43. SI_007

SI_007

Hi Tony,

Fantastic, with the updated script the factionName is now easily accessible with Bolt. I much appreciate your help, and I am looking forward to continuing my integration of your Dialogue System & Love/Hate with Bolt and EmeraldAI for VR.

Thanks again!
    Pascal

44. TonyLi

TonyLi

Happy to help! If any other feature requests for the Bolt integration come to mind, just let me know.

45. TonyLi

TonyLi

Publisher Sale - Free Gift: Love/Hate

Love/Hate is currently available as a free gift in the Asset Store's Publisher Sale. Remember to use coupon code TOOLBOX to get Love/Hate for free.

All Pixel Crushers assets are 50% off in the sale. Assets by Digital Ruby and Davit Naskidashvili are also 30-50% off.

If you're just getting started with Love/Hate, I recommend playing the example scene, and then following the video tutorials: https://www.pixelcrushers.com/love-hate-video-tutorials/

The tutorials will walk you through setting up Love/Hate to run around a scene as a knight whose actions affect the states of nearby knights and orcs.

You can download the tutorial assets from the Extras page: https://www.pixelcrushers.com/love-hate-extra-downloads/

There's much more you can do with Love/Hate, too. If you have any questions, feel free to post here or on the Pixel Crushers forum: https://pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/

twobob likes this.
  46. twobob

twobob

upload_2021-11-7_15-5-42.png

Like that when I got here... Honest

TonyLi likes this.
  47. TonyLi

TonyLi

Publisher Sale - Last Chance for Free Gift: Love/Hate

Love/Hate is currently available as a free gift in the Asset Store's Publisher Sale, which ends today at midnight PST.

Remember to use coupon code TOOLBOX to get Love/Hate, Digital Ruby's Fingers, and Davit Naskidashvili's Resize Pro for free.

All Pixel Crushers assets are 50% off in the sale. Assets by Digital Ruby and Davit Naskidashvili are also 30-50% off.

If you're just getting started with Love/Hate, I recommend playing the example scene, and then following the video tutorials: https://www.pixelcrushers.com/love-hate-video-tutorials/. You can download the tutorial assets from the Extras page: https://www.pixelcrushers.com/love-hate-extra-downloads/

twobob likes this.
  48. twobob

twobob

Reposted on Twitter. This is too good

TonyLi likes this.
  49. TonyLi

TonyLi

twobob likes this.
  50. TonyLi

TonyLi

twobob likes this.