Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Lockpicking Safe-cracking Toolkit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by puppeteer, Sep 18, 2013.

1. puppeteer

puppeteer

Something new is coming to LHToolkit, which will hopefully be the start of a total revamp of the package.
    Here's a little glimpse of work-in-progress:

This will be released as standalone at first, but it will also be a part of the LHToolkit, and will open the way for a complete revamp of LHToolkit ( maybe a name change finally too ).

Razmot and Hormic like this.
  2. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Great to see new development on this! Keep up the good work. :-D

3. puppeteer

puppeteer

Here's the final demo that will be part of the package ( minus the Pickle Rick reference maybe, for legal reasons), using Unity's default assets.

You can see another example of the use of the Dial Pad lock for predetermined button sequences instead of totally random ones. In the demo I use this to open doors.

What do you think, guys?

4. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Solenya...this is happening because I finished only half my sandwich! Why have I been so wasteful...

Great video, and cool feature! ;-)

puppeteer likes this.
  5. puppeteer

puppeteer

Azuline Studios have upgraded their RFPS package, so I made another integration guide, this time for version 1.4:

New integration package linked in description.

6. puppeteer

puppeteer

Testing another potential implementation of the Dial Pad system, this time in the original form of a Simon game:

Graphics are just placeholder, it will be nice and shiny in the update.

7. blackbird

blackbird

plz if you do an update keep it compatible with older unity version like unity 5.3 or 5.4

8. puppeteer

puppeteer

Unfortunately, for the Dial Pad my earliest build is on Unity 5.5. It still wasn't accepted to the store, but once it does I'll see what can be done about it. How's your project coming along?

9. blackbird

blackbird

good ! thank you for asking ! but still need more puzzles xD

10. puppeteer

puppeteer

Once it goes through I'll see how easy it is to retrofit the code/UI for earlier versions ( maybe just 5.4 ). And there will be plenty of new lock puzzles coming out along with the remakes of existing ones.

blackbird likes this.
  11. puppeteer

puppeteer

Testing a rudimentary mobile control for the demo. You can use Unity's standard assets multiplatform package instead, but I had to remove it from the submission in order to pass the review process.

I'm also thinking of making the Dial Pad part of the system usable on its own, without needing to have an activator turn it on/off.

Hormic and blackbird like this.
  12. puppeteer

puppeteer

Here's a an overview of the features in LockPlus Dial Pad ( Turn on Closed Captions ):

13. puppeteer

puppeteer

14. blackbird

blackbird

cool new stuff :D hope there will be available for unity5.4 soon

puppeteer likes this.
  15. puppeteer

puppeteer

I just finished an update to clean up the code and make it workable in the mobile demo, and there's another update in the works that will demonstrate a World Space use for the dial pad.

After that I will try to downgrade to 5.4, it will require rebuilding all the prefabs I think, but I'm not sure what else could be needed.

blackbird likes this.
  16. blackbird

blackbird

i wanted to ask you if you can add vibration feedback (doesn't matter if it's for xbox controller orDualschock )

puppeteer likes this.
  17. puppeteer

puppeteer

Never tried it, but from the unity code it seems like something straightforward (Handheld.Vibrate()). Will try it out, might connect it to the camera shake script.

blackbird likes this.
  18. blackbird

blackbird

i don't think handheld.vibrate will work because it's android related

puppeteer likes this.
  19. puppeteer

puppeteer

New update is live on the store:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/100891?aid=1011lGiL

1.10 (15.10.2017)
    - Added mobile controls to demo scene, automatically detected when playing on mobile device.
    - Buttons on dial are disabled while listening to a sequence.
    - You can use a DialPad lock without an activator, which makes it active from the start.
    - Minor demo improvements, explosive pushes player, door animation toggles smoothly, etc

blackbird likes this.
  20. puppeteer

puppeteer

New update on the store featuring this little demo:

1.15 (06.11.2017)
    - Added another implementation of the LOCKS+ Dial Pad system, this one using a world space UI canvas and a single button you can press to trigger a nuclear strike.

- Added Player Dummy which can be used to force the player to reset to a certain position and rotation when interacting with a lock. This is similar to how Skyrim/Fallout use dummies to position the player when interacting with workstations.

- Backwards compatibility with Unity 5.5. Rebuilt demo scene assets to work with this earlier version. Unfortunately it will not be possible to downgrade to a lower version without losing the assets. The scripts themselves can be downgraded to 5.4.

blackbird likes this.
  21. puppeteer

puppeteer

Starting on the next LOCK+ type, a remake of the Safe lock from LHToolkit.

MY end goal here is to remake all the lock types from LHToolkit and then completely replace that package content with these new locks that work well with modern Unity versions and common FPS packages such as Realistic FPS Prefab.

22. puppeteer

puppeteer

Just discovered the awesome world of UnityEvents, will be using that for the Activator scripts from now on. It will make running Win and Lose events much easier and more versatile for your project needs.

LocksPlusUnityEvents.png

23. puppeteer

puppeteer

Here's an overview of the next lock type coming to the store, a remake of the Safe Cracking system from LHToolkit:

blackbird and Hormic like this.
  24. puppeteer

puppeteer

Fooling around with the safecracking demo. Should I add this pandora's box to the official demo?

25. puppeteer

puppeteer

26. Hormic

Hormic

??? Ok what is this new asset about?
    Safe Cracking is also in your Original Asset -> Lockpicking & Safecracking Toolkit
    So what is the difference? Is the functionality the same in both assets?

puppeteer likes this.
  27. puppeteer

puppeteer

Check out the video, basically LOCKS+ is the 2.0 version of Lockpicking & Safecracking Toolkit which will have all of the original lock types remade from scratch in addition to new lock types. In the end all of the LOCKS+ types will become an upgrade pack to Lockpicking & Safecracking Toolkit (free upgrade), but I'm going through them one by one. I started with the bomb lock, and then the safe cracking. After that I will either make the Lockpicking type or the panel lock.

Unlike the original, the new locks are based on Unity UI and event system, they also have a simpler integration with RFPS, and will soon have a very simple integration with UFPS too.

28. puppeteer

puppeteer

Here is a work in progress for UFPS integration. It seems simple enough so far.

29. puppeteer

puppeteer

Updates for LOCKS+ Dial Pad and LOCKS+ Safecracking have been submitted to the store. Should be online in a short while.

LOCKS+ Safecracking Update 1.17 (20.12.2017)
    - Switched to Unity Events for Win/Lose actions, which allows for more parameter types to be used.
    - Added support for Ultimate FPS (UFPS) package with quick integration guide.

LOCKS+ Dial Pad Update 1.01 (20.12.2017)
    - Added support for Ultimate FPS (UFPS) package with quick integration guide.

30. puppeteer

puppeteer

I've been trying to replicate the lockpicking gameplay from Kingdom Come Deliverance, here's what I got so far:

Would anyone be interested in this type of lock game for Unity?

Jaimi and blackbird like this.
  31. Kemp-Sparky

Kemp-Sparky

Looks like lots of great stuff happening since I last popped in! Keep up the good work. :)

puppeteer likes this.
  32. puppeteer

puppeteer

Thanks, let's keep the ball rolling!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance style lock has been submitted to the store, should be accepted ( hopefully ) within a couple of weeks. Here's a bit of an overview of what it's all about:

I also updated the guides for RFPS and UFPS for all other LOCKS+ packages, so it should all work the same.

Getting closer to the upgraded LHToolkit version too, which will have all of the LOCKS+ types inside it.

33. puppeteer

puppeteer

LOCKS+ Kingdom Lock is live on the store, check it out here:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/locks-kingdom-lock-112636?aid=1011lGiL

LOCKS+ Kingdom Lock gives you a powerful locking system you can easily integrate into your FPS game. It can work as a standalone project, and can also be integrated into your current FPS project.

Works with Ultimate FPS Framework

Works with Realistic FPS Prefab too

PACKAGE INCLUDES

- A chest you need to lockpick by finding the sweetspot and keeping your lockpick inside it as you turn the lock cylinder.
    - A standalone demo showing off several examples of the Kingdom Lockpicking system, which also works on mobile.
    - Video guide to show you the basics of the system, how it works on mobile, and how it works with UFPS and RFPS.

34. puppeteer

puppeteer

Started working on the next Lock+ lock, that's a remake of the original Lockpicking prefab:

LockPlusWIP1.gif

Jaimi likes this.
  35. puppeteer

puppeteer

36. blackbird

blackbird

so this will not be an update for the old version right ?

puppeteer likes this.
  37. puppeteer

puppeteer

It will be part of an upgrade from LHToolkit to Locks+. Last type missing from LHToolkit now is the Panel Lock, and I'll post the full pack of lock types as an upgrade.

blackbird likes this.
  38. puppeteer

puppeteer

39. blackbird

blackbird

still no update to LHToolkit

40. puppeteer

puppeteer

Count 14 days from today

blackbird likes this.
  41. puppeteer

puppeteer

blackbird likes this.
  42. puppeteer

puppeteer

And here's a short vid showing off the full pack ( package also includes all the old LHToolkit assets in a dedicated folder ):

43. puppeteer

puppeteer

Tested an integration process for LOCKS+ into Invector Third Person Controller.

unityunity