Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] LipSync Pro and Eye Controller - Lipsyncing and Facial Animation Tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rtyper, Mar 11, 2015.

1. donkey0t

donkey0t

I don't get them now, but originally I noticed something about being unable to access/download some icon files, I'm guessing that might be the mouth pics?

2. Michael_Berna

Michael_Berna

@Rtyper

I have a fresh install of LipSync Pro 1.521 that I just purchased and installed. I got it up and running, but I am getting the following error in my unity debug console. Any idea what could cause this or how to fix it properly?

Assets\Rogo Digital\LipSync Pro\Editor\LipSyncDataPreprocessor.cs(106,16): error CS1061: 'LipSync' does not contain a definition for 'GetCurveDataOut' and no accessible extension method 'GetCurveDataOut' accepting a first argument of type 'LipSync' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

3. pigglet

pigglet

Hey! Glad you're back. It could sound inappropriate but I believe someone should address this issue, so it could be me. I bought the LSP back in 2018 and since then I met a lot of developers in discord and forums that had a common point "Well, LSP is good but seems like developer disappear again, so maybe asset is abandoned. We can't rely on it in production." Don't get me wrong, LSP is really awesome solution and I wish I could use it in my game, but I'm not sure... can I rely on it? Did you return for a long and serious about support?

4. Rtyper

Rtyper

No, those are harmless warnings from the extensions window if there's some network problem that prevents the icons from loading. I'd never seen this happen before, though I have another customer who's reported the same issue by email recently. I'll need to look into it further but I have no ideas for the moment...

That method definitely exists in the latest version. Have you installed any extensions from the extensions window? It may be there's something outdated there I need to fix.

Not an inappropriate question at all! If i'm being candid, I had got burned out on working on LipSync and I let support slide as a result. Being able to redesign everything from the ground-up for the new Cinetools versions is helping a lot in getting over how much of a nightmare it was to try and fix problems in the current version, and by formalizing support with the ticketing system etc. I'm hoping to make support much more manageable as well. I absolutely intend to stick around!

pigglet likes this.
  5. pigglet

pigglet

Yes, I got the same error after installing Timeline support

6. pigglet

pigglet

I figured it out. One of the add-ons (TimeLine addon in my case, but might be some other on your side) rewrite the LypSync.cs with the old version. Just restore the original LypSync.cs from the latest asset install and it will be fine.

Rtyper likes this.
  7. Rtyper

Rtyper

Good to know, sorry for that! I'll get the Timeline extension updated to remove the extra file today.

8. Dirrogate

Dirrogate

@Rtyper I'm revisiting Lipsync pro after a few years, and loving how it's evolved.
    Would there be an iclone Character Creator 3 preset? I can't find any after a long search.
    Since the blend shapes exported by CC3 to unity does not contain phoneme blend shapes, it's a task to create from scratch.

Kind Regards

f1chris likes this.
  9. f1chris

f1chris

+1

Was about to ask as well since I just bought the whole iClone/CC3/Live Face/3dexchange suite !!

Dirrogate likes this.
  10. Rtyper

Rtyper

@f1chris
    I don't have Character Creator 3 to create one with unfortunately, but if you set a character up and make a preset for it, I could make it available for others on the extensions server. Alternatively if someone with access to CC3 could send me a character to use, I'd be happy to set up the preset myself.

Dirrogate likes this.
  11. Dirrogate

Dirrogate

Thanks @Rtyper , @f1chris . I'm sending a Wetransfer link to Ryper in priv message, to download a CC3 character.
    Many thanks.

f1chris and Rtyper like this.
  12. f1chris

f1chris

Good idea, there’s Trial version. I can also export you a simple character created by default and so you can play with it as well. Let me know @Rtyper the best way to send It.

EDIT: i didn’t play with your asset for a little while and just saw you’re supporting iClone natively. That should work then since iClone and CC3 are sharing the same rigging.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 2:04 PM
  13. Dirrogate

Dirrogate

Thank you @Rtyper for sending the test CC3 package. I'm just on a deadline delivery the next few days, but will try it out after that.
    Meanwhile, directly from Iclone, which has an amazing text to speech mapper for its characters, this was then rendered in Unity. Example output below. Audio was synced later in a video editing software.

unityunity