Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On February 28th the Feedback website will shut down and be redirected to the Unity forums. See the full post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] LipSync Pro and Eye Controller - Lipsyncing and Facial Animation Tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rtyper, Mar 11, 2015.

1. pilamin

pilamin

The developer's last response in this thread is 9 months ago. I assume something unforeseen must have happened that made him strongly de-prioritize his own asset, because right up until then he was on this forum very regularly; seemingly enthusiastic, even.

I can deal with that as long as there is an update that fixes the issues with 2018.3. This really is a good asset, and I hope it doesn't get totally abandoned soon.

2. philc_uk

philc_uk

Anyone converted Amazon Polly Viseme to the XML import format in LipSync?

3. Rtyper

Rtyper

Hello everyone,

I owe you all a massive apology for letting this thread slide all this time. I don't have any huge excuse to give, just a general combination of personal life/work and everything getting a bit too much for a while. I had initially put off replying back here as I was making no progress on the macOS issue and felt like I didn't have enough to show for it, and then obviously the time that passed just made it even harder to deal with.

I want to make it clear though that I'm absolutely not abandoning LipSync Pro. You may have seen that there's been a couple of updates while I was off the forum, and email (contact@rogodigital.com) is still the best way to get in touch as I can keep track of what emails I have and haven't replied to there.

All the same, I'm really sorry for not keeping up the support on this thread, I messed up and I'm going to do my best to stay on top of replies here from now on.

As for AutoSync, I finally have some good news. The upcoming 1.5 update for LipSync Pro is a complete overhaul of the AutoSync system, designed to avoid issues like this where something outside of my control causes problems in the future. Under the new system, AutoSync is split into various modules that each do a specific task, that can be chained together as presets. Each module can use different libraries or technologies, giving you more options if you want to really customise it for your project and also allowing a level of redundancy in case something causes one library to stop working.

I put together a video on my YouTube channel demonstrating one of the new modules (based on a the Montreal Forced Aligner tool) and the new AutoSync UI - you can find that here:

4. fildax

fildax

Welcome back! Months ago you mentioned that you are working on v2 which should also have timeline integration out of the box. Any news?

5. Rtyper

Rtyper

Nothing solid just yet - I mentioned v2 briefly at the end of that update video, but when I started working on it, the plan was to try and integrate the Playables system into the existing code for LipSync Pro. That fairly quickly proved to be more difficult than I expected it to be, and Unity then announced the new C# jobs and ECS systems as well, so I decided to basically start over, and write version 2 with these new features in mind. It's a long way off though, and I don't expect it to support anything lower than 2019.1 as a minimum.

So instead, Timeline support will be improved for 1.X - the new timeline markers system in 2019 should make it much simpler, so I think I'm going to use that as a base for the new integration, and offer the old version for people stuck on older Unity versions. Both of them will be available from the extensions window.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019 at 7:20 PM
    ftejada likes this.
  6. fildax

fildax

Awesome, thanks for info!

7. ftejada

ftejada

8. Dorian-Dowse

Dorian-Dowse

Hi Rtyper,

Good to hear you're still on board. I'm about to launch into a whole bunch of lip syncing.

My request: Please implement the Spacebar as a Play/Stop control in the lipsync editor. This is very standard across many animation programs and video players (inc. Youtube). While working on Lipsync Pro I lost track of how many times I hit the spacebar expecting it to play/stop. It's ingrained. I'm hoping this is a simple thing.

9. Rtyper

Rtyper

You can actually do this already - if you open the settings screen in the clip editor (the gear icon in the top right) and go to the "Keyboard Shortcuts" tab, you can set a shortcut for play/pause.

Dorian-Dowse likes this.