Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] LipSync Pro and Eye Controller - Lipsyncing and Facial Animation Tools

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rtyper, Mar 11, 2015.

1. firativerson

firativerson

Clip editor also throwing NullReferenceException for me. I have been reading through the topic and I guess i will have to download old unity to get my audio asset files. Is there any other approach to fix this as i am using unity 5.4

2. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

I just buy lipsync pro 1.3, but in Recognising phonemes Window, the progress don't move when it in helf of progress bar, there is no any errors. who can help me?

Attached Files:

3. Rtyper

Rtyper

@LunarExGames I've replied to your email, sorry for the wait!

Have you selected a Blend System on the character you're trying to preview on? That line uses the blend system, so it'd produce an error if there isn't one.

Could you tell me what line the error's coming from? Unity 5.4 is supported, so you shouldn't have to downgrade Unity from there...

How long have you left it for? The progress bar moves in fixed increments, so if it's taking a while to recognise the phonemes, it'll stay in the same place for as long as it takes. Bear in mind that the new high quality preset takes longer than the standard one as well!

4. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

Too long time, unity have no response,I can't close unity,I must force-quitting the unity in system menu,I use macbook air osX 10.12.1 Untiy:5.4.2

5. Seriously

Seriously

Yes it's the Morph3D blend system (and presets)

6. Seriously

Seriously

Do you have to use a humanoid rig type with this? And what does "No Blendables Found" mean? This started showing when in the middle of adding bone-based phonemes.

EDIT: Nevermind, got this sorted. For reference, your body skeleton should be Humanoid. Your facial bones "should" or in my case "must" be legacy - maybe because I'm using Rocketbox characters. And "No Blendables Found" showed up because I didn't have "Use bone transforms" checked, which I find odd to have as an option since I chose Bones as the blend system.

This plugin is very powerful, but qwirky as hell to get up and running.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  7. Rtyper

Rtyper

Unity shouldn't be locking up while AutoSync runs anymore - it was made to run on a separate thread in version 1.3... Do you have another PC (Windows or Mac) you could test on? I'm not sure why this is happening.

Yes, you have to check 'use bone transforms' yourself - the Bones Only blend system doesn't actually do anything on its own, it's just there to remove the blend shape options if you aren't using them. Handling bones is actually done by LipSync itself, so the Blend System doesn't have any way to force that on!
    It shouldn't be important what import type your rig is set to though. LipSync doesn't use Unity's animation system for that, so either should work, so long as the use bones checkbox is ticked.

Are you still getting those errors when previewing? If it isn't the Blend System, there's only one other thing on that line that could cause the error, and it resets whenever the preview is updated.

8. Seriously

Seriously

9. firativerson

firativerson

@Rtyper here is the error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RogoDigital.AudioUtility.GetWaveForm (UnityEngine.AudioClip clip, Int32 channel, Single width, Single height)
    LipSyncClipSetup.Update ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:187)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:180)
    UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:245)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:222)

10. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

I debug the code, I find the problem with libpocketsphinx.3.dylib。but I can not resolve the problem。

Attached Files:

11. Rtyper

Rtyper

Ah, that function is only used in Unity 5.3.5 or lower - are you using an older version of LipSync Pro maybe? Either update to 1.3, which has a single download for all Unity versions, or re-download the version you're currently using in the right version of Unity and you'll get the 5.4 compatible build of it.

I'm not sure what the problem you're trying to show in the other screenshots is (the code in that lambda function runs fine when the process is complete), but you're getting a DLLNotFoundException, which could explain it (though I'm not sure why you weren't getting that in the console). Have you moved those .dlls and .dylibs from the path they install to? On Windows that's fine, but OS X requires the path to be hard coded, so if you move the .dylibs somewhere else, you'll need to change the paths on lines 17 and/or 20 of SphinxWrapper.cs to point to their new location.

12. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

I have confirm the path of the .dylib files and I didn't move them,I have tried many times,and found the problem is on "Assets/Plugins/Editor/Rogo Digital/LipSync/AutoSync 64bit/libpocketsphinx.3.dylib",I don't know why,I have tried move the file to a short path without space,but still don't work。

13. Rtyper

Rtyper

I've just tested LipSync Pro 1.3 straight from the Asset Store into an empty project, and ran AutoSync successfully on the included Gettysburg.wav example file, on a 2014 Macbook Air running OS X El Capitan. I know you're running OS X Sierra, but would you mind running that same test (empty project, download straight from the Asset Store) on your machine and let me know if the same problem occurs? If it does, it seems like the problem is either something wrong with your Macbook, or an incompatibility with OS X Sierra which I can look into.

14. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

I have try follow your step,but problems still exist,and because of the network condition,I can‘t download the LanguageModel_En-US straight from unity ,I just download it from “http://updates.rogodigital.com/AssetStore/extensions/LanguageModel_En-US.unitypackage”,could you give me some other suggest?

15. Rtyper

Rtyper

No, downloading from there is fine - that's the same place the Extensions window in Unity gets it from, so that won't be a problem. I don't know what else to suggest though... I'm updating my Macbook to OS X Sierra now, so I'll try the test again and let you know if I find anything.

Hopefully if the OS is the problem, I can find some solution to it.
    Edit: Yep, Sierra is the problem, it won't work for me after upgrading either. I'm looking into it now to see what they changed that could've caused it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  16. firativerson

firativerson

oh @Rtyper I am using the lite version. It's alright I will get the pro version. Thanks for your time.

17. Rtyper

Rtyper

Oh, sorry about that! Lite is a few versions behind Pro at the moment - I'll be putting out a new update to bring it up to 1.3 early next month.

18. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

OK,I hope you can find a way to solve soon,Thanks! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any news:Email:44431483@qq.com

19. Rtyper

Rtyper

@Seriously
    Think I've tracked this problem down now - if you want to send me an email at contact@rogodigital.com, I can give you a patch that should fix it. If all goes well, I'll be putting it into a minor update in the next week or so.

20. maxim_prishchepa

maxim_prishchepa

Hello, is it possible to generate phenomes in runtime? Maybe some one know easyest say to connect RT-Voice with LipSync?

21. Rtyper

Rtyper

RT-Voice works with LipSync Pro natively, but you'll need to use RT-Voice's generate .wav function in the editor. In LipSync, you can then either set it up manually, or run AutoSync on it.

LipSync doesn't support generating phonemes at runtime, but as you're using text-to-speech it may be possible to create a system that approximates the phonemes based on the text, and then creating the LipSyncData object from that at runtime. There's no built-in support for doing anything like this, but I've come across a project doing something similar here: https://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~yumak001/UUVHC/index.html#bmlunity. Hopefully that might be some use to you.

22. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

Hi:Is there any progress?Thanks!

23. Rtyper

Rtyper

Not fixed yet, I'm afraid! I'm fairly sure now that the problem is with the Pocket Sphinx library that AutoSync uses. Hopefully, I'll be able to recompile it to work on Sierra, but if not I may have to wait until the library itself gets updated.

24. MFen

MFen

I am getting this error while trying to use the preview function:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RogoDigital.Lipsync.LipSync.PreviewAtTime (Single time) (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync Pro/Components/LipSync.cs:730)
    LipSyncClipSetup.UpdatePreview (Single time) (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync Pro/Editor/LipSyncClipSetup.cs:3639)
    LipSyncClipSetup.Update () (at Assets/Rogo Digital/LipSync Pro/Editor/LipSyncClipSetup.cs:531)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:187)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:180)
    UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:245)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:222)

I am using the Pro Version 1.3 on a Windows 10 Machine with Unity 5.4.1f1

I tried the same setup with the Lincoln example (and it worked fine), only difference I can tell is that Lincoln used the miximo standard preset where as my model had to be setup custom.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  25. Rtyper

Rtyper

I've got a fix for that bug already - I'm putting out a patch very soon, but if you want to send us an email at contact@rogodigital.com with your invoice number, I can send you the files you need.

MFen likes this.
  26. firativerson

firativerson

trying to build for windows and getting this error

Assets\Rogo Digital\LipSync Pro\Components\LipSync.cs(1714,37): error CS1061: 'XmlDocument' does not contain a definition for 'SelectSingleNode' and no extension method 'SelectSingleNode' accepting a first argument of type 'XmlDocument' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

same error on lines 1733,37 / 1758,37 / 1896,23

27. Rtyper

Rtyper

Are you building for Windows 10 Universal? It looks like some of the Windows Metro platforms don't support the XML parsing code for some reason... I'll disable this on those platforms in the next patch, but as long as you don't need to load LipSync data from XML files, you can comment out the contents of the functions that give those errors and the rest of LipSync will still work.

firativerson likes this.
  28. firativerson

firativerson

Yes building for Win10Universal. I commented out the whole try block and emptied xml read function now its working, thanks for quick response!

Rtyper likes this.
  29. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

Hi:Rtyper
    How about the problem?because of I have buy the Lipsync 1.3,but I can‘t use it now,I want to know if I can a refund or you can help me to solve this problem,Thanks!

30. Rtyper

Rtyper

I'm trying! Apple obviously made some change with the latest version of Mac OS that broke compatibility with the PocketSphinx dylib. Everything else in LipSync Pro should be working fine though, it's only AutoSync that this affects. If you need to use AutoSync before I've solved this, you should be able to use it on any other version of Mac OS or Windows if you wanted using Bootcamp.

31. Velo222

Velo222

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing your system. However, I have never tried to implement any sort of mouth movements or lip syncing on my characters before. So, I was wondering if I purchase a Morph 3D character (like one of the recent ones they've released), is the character "rigged" to have mouth movements that will work with your system? I know that your system says it supports Morph 3D......but I have no idea how to use blend shapes (or bone transforms) to use mouth movements. So I was wondering if I would need to modify the Morph 3D character somehow to work with your system, or if they "come with" the ability to have mouth movements automatically.

Thanks for any help.

32. Rtyper

Rtyper

Yep - Morph3D's models will work with LipSync Pro without any modification. There's a downloadable extension for LipSync that makes it work properly with MCS and adds a preset that will let you set up any MCS character in a couple of clicks.

33. firativerson

firativerson

Hey Rtyper , I want to create autoSync for Turkish language. How can I do that? If it is successful I can share with you as well.

another problem is that I used english autoSync , but my asset files doesnt automatically get into the audio source.. somehow it makes my audiosource empty. why can that be?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  34. Velo222

Velo222

Hi Rtyper,

First of all, let me say, this asset is fantastic so far :) I was able to get it to work on the very first try! Which is a huge plus. And the documentation is very good, thank you.

One problem I'm having right now though is that for some reason the AutoSync option in the clip editor doesn't work. I'm getting a "NullReference" error and it says it's in the AutoSync.cs script at line 234. Luckily I can place the phonemes manually, and everything works. But if I try to "AutoSync" the phonemes I get the error. Am I missing something? I saw something about "SoX" or something like that, that is not filled in, but I thought I didn't need to do that -- perhaps I'm mistaken. I have the 2015 C++ distributable, so that's not the issue I don't think. And I downloaded the English extension library for it. What do you think could be the cause of this?

It's not really a pressing issue for me, so I'm posting on the forums instead of emailing support.

Anyways, this is a lot of fun turning audio clips into mouth motions.....exactly what I needed for my game :)

Thank you!

35. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello I'm using LipSync Lite but I wont to buy Pro The problem is that on unity 5.5.0.1p Lite version stopped working What i MEAN even on example scene when I click play nothigs happen now, there is no warning just o sound and character lincol is not moving, Is there the same problem with Pro version on Unity 5.5? Thank you I'm waitig for reply because I would to buy pro but I have to be sure that it works on 4.4

36. Rtyper

Rtyper

Sorry about the wait! The current English language model came from the official CMU Sphinx Sourceforge repository here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cmusphinx/files/Acoustic and Language Models/. The other models on that page will be added to LipSync Pro as and when I can get good sets of Phonemes to use for each.

As for making your own, there's some info on the difficult bit of that here and here, and you'd be able to find some more info on Google, I'm sure. Once that's done, getting it to work with LipSync is pretty simple, take a look at how the En-US one is done and match the folder layout.
    The only other thing that's needed is the en-us.asset file in the root folder. You can copy that into your own language model's folder, rename it to match and then select it and change the file paths and Language name so they're correct. You'll probably also need to add to the phoneme mapper element in that file, as the default one won't match and you'll get a lot of ignored phonemes.

Could you send a screenshot of your other problem? AutoSync doesn't do anything with audio sources, so I'm not sure what could be happening there.

No problem! SoX is an audio conversion tool. There's a guide included on how to install it properly, and it just lets AutoSync work on a wider range of files by converting your original clip to the correct format and/or splitting it into smaller chunks before processing. I don't know why you'd be getting a NullReferenceException from that though... Are there any other errors or warnings in the console before that?

Do you have an error in the console when you try to play? LipSync Lite's clip editor isn't compatible with 5.4 or 5.5 yet, but the component itself should be working fine. There is a more up-to-date version of Lite on the way, but there are some problems with the pre-compiled code that are stopping it from working on those Unity versions at the moment.

Pro doesn't have any issues with either though, it works fine with 5.1 up to 5.5 (and probably the 5.6 beta, but I haven't tested it yet).

firativerson likes this.
  37. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

The problem is there is nothing in console no red Alerts at all, Just after click Play Sound/Talk there is nothing happen, and this is strange, Ok So I will buy Pro version and check it out ;)

38. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

I BOUGHT PRO VERSION and still the same problem.

Please Help! I click play in demo scene and nothing happens. There is nothing in console, when game is runing but just after opening project I have this issues In console. Please help. upload_2016-12-26_13-56-59.png

39. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Problem resolved it seems that only Example scenes doesnt work, But when I copied everything to different scene it works well strange but working The problem is now that I cant download uato Sync Language mode extension every time i try I see this:
    transfer closed with 14847077 bytes remaining to read
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    RDExtensionWindow:<OnGUI>m__1() (at assets/Rogo Digital/Shared/Editor/RDExtensionWindow.cs:421)
    RogoDigital.ContinuationManager:Update() (at assets/Rogo Digital/Shared/Editor/ContinuationManager.cs:30)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  40. Rtyper

Rtyper

@kubaskia I've replied to your email, hope that helps!

41. ressie

ressie

@Velo222 I was also encountering a NullReferenceException in AutoSync.cs at line 234. I fixed the issue by changing the audio file to the format specified in the documentation: 1600Hz Mono, 16 bit wav.

@Rtyper I'm brand new to LipSync Pro and am currently integrating it into my project. I see that the SetBlendableValue() function within a Blend System is called many times each frame, presumably in order to facilitate interpolation/tweening between blendable weight values on 3D characters.

However, my project is 2D. I see that for the 2D Sprite Blend System example, within SetBlendableValue(), you loop through all blendables' values (weights) each frame, choose the highest-weighted blendable and pass that one on to the sprite renderer.

Though I do have this working, it's a huge amount of computation going on behind-the-scenes for the simple functionality I require. Is there any option I can toggle to have SetBlendableValue() be called only when the clip editor's play head passes a tag, instead of having to fight against the interpolation and pick the highest-weighted from ~7 blendables every frame?

42. Rtyper

Rtyper

The NullReferenceException is still a bit of a mystery to me, to be honest... Did you have SoX installed when you were getting it? SoX is generally a better solution than manually converting the file, because it will still use your original clip in the final LipSyncData file, so you don't need to sacrifice audio quality.

As for the Sprite Swap Blend System, you're absolutely right. The problem is due to the separation between LipSync itself and Blend Systems, so LipSync creates the animation curves it needs, samples them for each blendable, then passes that value to the blend system to do whatever it needs to with it. There's no simple way around this right now, but it is something I really want to improve, possibly by moving more of the animation functionality over to the blend system instead of the LipSync component.
    I know at least one game that used the clip editor for editing, but used a simpler, custom component for playing back the LipSyncData files - that may be an option for you? If not, and/or if it's not too urgent, I can take a look at building in a simpler playback system without interpolation. If you want to send an email to contact@rogodigital.com, I can send you a patch if/when I get it done.

43. Velo222

Velo222

Interesting. I'll take a look at that then the next time I go to work on it. It would be a big help, since then I wouldn't have to manually place phoneme flags by hand all the time.

44. Rtyper

Rtyper

@Velo222 and @Ressie I've found what's causing that error now. It's a side effect from introducing multithreading to AutoSync in 1.3. It's mostly harmless - you can clear it by recompiling scripts and just closing the clip editor, but the fix will be included with 1.32. In the meantime, I'd just install SoX, as it really will make the whole AutoSync process a lot smoother.

45. virror

virror

So this works with UMA? Do you have any documentation or tutorial to get this set up with UMA2?

46. Pedro-M

Pedro-M

@Rtyper
    I am very interested in buying, the only thing I have to know is if I can create new "audio / lips" files (in webgl) as soon as I play ...
    In my specific case I will receive audio files from a website ... then I will have to apply this file at runtime and not in the editor

47. Rtyper

Rtyper

Sorry for the wait, I didn't get a notification about your post! It does work with UMA, you just need to download the UMA Blend System from the extensions window. There's also a character preset included with that.
    There's also a new tutorial coming this week covering using UMA & LipSync on our YouTube channel.

48. greyRoad

greyRoad

Hello Rtyper,

I am using the latest version of LipSync Pro with Unity 5.5.

In the LipSync editor window, I would zoom in to manually add phonemes. The preview would play correctly but when I press play in the Unity editor, the lipsync data would play really fast and would not match up with the audio.

How would I correct this?

Thank you.

49. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Hey there @Rtyper,

The Morph3d guys have updated the API and broke your extension. When do you think you can get an update out?

Thanks for your great product!

50. Rtyper

Rtyper

The clip editor preview isn't really designed for use in play mode, but it should still work. What timing mode is your character set to? the 'Audio Playback' option should always line up with the audio. If you want to preview the animation on your character in play mode, I'd use the 'Play on Awake' setting instead though.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm looking into this now - it looks like they might have removed the blendshape grouping they had before, which would be a shame as there's more than 500 blendshapes in their models! They also haven't updated their API reference yet, so it might be a few days before I can sort it out.