Search Unity

[RELEASED] Landscape Auto Material terrain&foliage toolset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VEA_Games, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Migueljb

Migueljb

Anway to get LAM to slowly fade in and out all the ground vegetation based on the distance slider and grass density multiplier? Right now it just pops things in and out kinda ruins the immersion when going around landscapes.

2. Azman138

Azman138

Why is this happening after importing ? How can i fix it?please help me fast

Attached Files:

3. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Remove Dx9 API from Player settings

If doesn't works, try re import All option in Assets Menu

SkygodGames likes this.
  4. Azman138

Azman138

Done that but still showing.Terrain data ismissing splat texture

Attached Files:

5. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

What is your GPU model ?

6. Azman138

Azman138

Nvidia gtx 960M

7. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

You had Dx9 api error. Are you sure about removing DX9 api ?

Also re open your project.

SkygodGames and MarkusGod like this.
  8. Azman138

Azman138

look

Attached Files:

9. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

SO i don''t know what happens for you
    I tested on 2017.2 and 5.6 without problem

10. MarkusGod

MarkusGod

@VEAGamesTeam, Hello guys! Small feature request here. Can you make an integration with VegetationStudio, (instead of batching, write to the VS persistent vegetation storage), or expose an API for hooking into vegetation placement loop, so we can make/use our own integrations/solutions.

11. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Hi, @MarkusGod, we will look further at this tool for potential costs of integration.

Could you list main benefits\features you want to get with this tool?

12. MarkusGod

MarkusGod

Advanced billboard rendering, instanced API, instanced indirect API, GPU culling and LOD selection using compute shaders. VS allows easier to render a much more dense foliage at higher density and distance.

Same distance same quality level, VS trees placement a bit different but count looks the same.
    Vs has a lower polycount due to gpu frustum culling.

LAM batching
    upload_2017-11-27_19-1-48.png

VS instanced (indirect + standard)
    upload_2017-11-27_19-5-52.png
    (script load spike from foliage reloading)

13. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

@MarkusGod
    Thank you, we will look at the possibility of integration and will estimate the improving the instancing \ batching in LAM.

MarkusGod likes this.
  14. daibutsu

daibutsu

Hi all.

Thanks for this asset. but i can't delete any grass and bushes if i'm in painting mode. All grasses was added to batch files but now it is not working. It is not deleting any grass i have added. What is the problem?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  15. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Hi @daibutsu , could you list more detail wtr (what to reproduce) instruction please?

16. Salja

Salja

new about vegetation studio integration i want to buy but i will use vegetation studio too :D

17. Frogbytes

Frogbytes

Hi,

I've purchased LAM last week and I've been learning/playing with it a fair amount but I find it insanely slow to work with. And specifically interacting in the inspector window.
    It's fine in the demo scene, but after creating my own terrain (based on the forest prefab) with my own heightmap (terrain is 2048*2048 and the heightmap is 4k), selecting elements in the inspector window (whether it's in the batched foliage or the auto material component) is incredibly slow.
    It can sometimes take up to 5 seconds to select one prefab or the next in those components.

So my question is mostly why is that happening? Does it have anything to do with the size of the terrain? Anything else I might have done to slow things down? The scene is extremely simple aside from that terrain. Bottom line, I find that a bit strange.
    Repainting the terrain also takes quite a fair amount of time (10 to 15 minutes), not sure if that's normal either...

So right now it's really making me question whether I should continue using it as I'm just losing too much time waiting for things to happen...

18. tcourbet

tcourbet

Hi all,

Any idea why I get that error whenever I apply a LAMBatchedFoliage script on my terrain? (see attached pic)
    The error message doesn't show up when I reload the scene, but the whole editor becomes sluggish whenever I'm on the terrain. (speed is all good again as soon as I remove the script)

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

19. OfficialAshez

OfficialAshez

Im having insane lagg issues in the demo scene & all other worlds..why? I have 1080 3GB GPU..
    8-10FPS in editor & after bulit game.

Ideas / and thoughts why?

20. multimediamark

multimediamark

Hey guys. We're looking to buy this asset for out Oculus VR project. Is it tested on VR or not?

21. multimediamark

multimediamark

You have gtx 1080 3gb gpu? Huh??? They only come with 8 gb.

22. tcourbet

tcourbet

I haven't tested in VR, but I'd be worried about the framerate. I'm personally struggling to get a stable decent framerate (not in VR) while maintaining quality...

23. wolfen231

wolfen231

If you do this... I will have to buy vegetation studio haha. Been eyeballing it for a bit now. From what I hear it is pretty good asset.

24. the_genius

the_genius

The terrain shader is good and you can get some great results quickly and easily with this asset.

But, for people considering buying, there are 2 important things to consider:

1. If you want anything to collide accurately with your terrain, it's not going to work.
    The terrain shader uses displacement a huge amount. All the good looking rocky shapes at the bottom of your slopes are all from displacement. This means they are not part of the terrain collider in any way.
    This made it unusable in my 3rd person game as the character collides badly with the terrain near any kind of slope. Adding FinalIK doesn't help either. The character collides with the terrain collider which ignores all the displacements from the shader so foot placement is completely wrong.

2. The vegetation system is quite performance heavy
    Using LAM's vegetation system reduced my FPS to 20-30. Luckily it's easy enough to remove (just removing 2 scripts attached to the terrain).
    Then I started from scratch with vegetation studio and got the FPS back up to 100.

25. Aress28

Aress28

when LAM 2 realease? :)

MarkusGod likes this.
  26. SVVReddy

SVVReddy

I am also facing the same issue.

27. tcourbet

tcourbet

I completely agree with both points and I would add a couple.
    1. It's currently impossible to use on multiple terrains, whether it is in the same scene or in a scene loaded additively. Which makes it really hard to use in the context of a proper game.

2. I need to have the Batched Foliage script collapsed (on my terrain asset) or risk facing MAJOR slowdowns in the editor, making the asset barely usable.

3. It's not easy getting decent framerate. The amount of batches created is quite high and getting a good framerate without sacrificing quality is difficult.

4. It's very clunky if you want to change the assets used by the batched foliage script. Being an array, if you remove one of them in your Batched Foliage script, it will mess up the order of your Auto Painter and you're pretty much screwed at that point. There's also no global setting for a splatmap, you need to change/assign it on each individual asset of the Painter and that's very cumbersome.

5. The publisher of the asset is very slow at answering and support is minimal.

Aside from that, the quality is pretty good, just go in there knowing about the potential issues. If you want to play around making pretty looking terrains, you probably will be able to get good results quickly but if you plan on using the asset in production, I personally think it's not there yet.
    I'll be happy to edit the message or write a new one when/if the issues ever get fixed!

28. forcesky

forcesky

Could you provide a detailed instruction?

29. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

30. Ksforever

Ksforever

Hello, i've bought the landscape auto materiel but when i load up the terrain is white. as shown in the screen shots. everything else works fine but the terrain just won't get textures.. been trying to figure this out for about a week now. so any help would be nice. and also there's that error code.

Attached Files:

ken1nil likes this.
  31. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Hello Ksforever,
    LAM is currently don't supporting Unity 2018 (it's shown in description and details).
    Unfortunately Unity have significantly remade original terrain component in 2018 and currently we are working on total reconstruction of LAM component for 2018 version.

Kind regards,
    Dmitry Smirnov
    VEA Games

DragonTTK, MarkusGod and ken1nil like this.
  32. DragonTTK

DragonTTK

I am looking forward too this really wanted to get LAM.

33. Migueljb

Migueljb

Any word on how its going for this working in unity 2018's latest versions?

34. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Hello guys,

Yes we have uploaded version for 2018 and waiting for Unity approve!

Kind regards,
    Dmitry Smirnov
    VEA Games

35. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Hi guys,

LAM 2018 version is approved!

Also we've made an update for 2019 and will submit it as soon as 2019 will be released.

Kind regards,
    Dmitry Smirnov
    VEA Games

36. Aress28

Aress28

will be there some more features or updates for LAM?what about LAM 2?is still on progress?

And what about large terrains ?Can we use it on large terrains?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  37. Migueljb

Migueljb

Any release notes what the 2018 update now features?

38. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Regarding to coming 2.0 features - we have spent very much time on upgrading to 2018 and 2019 and currently I can't say about ETA (new unity have many changes). We plan it next year.

Kind regards,
    Dmitry Smirnov
    VEA Games

39. Migueljb

Migueljb

Using unity 2018.1.6 or unity 2018.2.14 getting an all white terrain in the demo scene. I have upgraded LAM to the latest in the asset store as well. How do I fix this?

40. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Strange, could you send your log and screenshots to info@veagames.com please?

Kind regards
    Dmitry

41. Aress28

Aress28

Hi!Im getting Error like this :
    Assets\Plugins\LandscapeAutoMaterial\Editor\ColoringTerrainBrush.cs(65,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])
    Unity 2018.3

42. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Hello @Aress88,

Currently last supported version is 2018.2, next supported version will be Unity 2019.

Kind regards,
    Dmitry Smirnov
    VEA Games

43. arcanereality

arcanereality

Any plans for 2018.3 support?

44. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Hello @arcanereality ,

We planned to release next version for 2019 Unity.

Kind regards,
    Dmitry Smirnov
    VEA Games

45. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Any news about LAM ?

46. VEA_Games

VEA_Games

Now we are testing LAM Unity 2019, and soon it will be submitted to the store!

Kind regards,
    Dmitry Smirnov
    VEA Games

johaswe likes this.
  47. Glitch12

Glitch12

How to fix this error?

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\Plugins\LandscapeAutoMaterial\Editor\ColoringTerrainBrush.cs(65,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])'

Deleted User likes this.
  48. marggob

marggob

We have the same error when importing the asset. Have you found a solution to this problem?

49. nu51313932

nu51313932

I use 2019.1 get error
    Assets\Plugins\LandscapeAutoMaterial\Editor\ColoringTerrainBrush.cs(65,44): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])

and

Assets\Plugins\LandscapeAutoMaterial\Standard Assets\PostProcessing\Editor\PropertyDrawers\MinDrawer.cs(6,34): error CS0104: 'MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between 'UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute' and 'UnityEngine.MinAttribute'

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  50. suityn

suityn

If I fix those ambiguous calls I will get an error in DecoratorEditor.cs in line 60: throw new InvalidOperationException("Invalid decorated editor instance. Something is screwed up."); And terrain inspector will not show any option. Is there any fast known solution for this?

anonuser1823 likes this.