Search Unity

[RELEASED] Kinematic car suspension - Sport car

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KeereeDev, Nov 3, 2016.

1. DariusRusu

DariusRusu

Very nice asset, but how to put this asset with edy´s vehicle physics together?

2. Shadow-X6

Shadow-X6

Hi
    You have Tutoral how add Kinematic C.S for Edys Vehicle Physics ?

3. martman100

martman100

You can't use the prefab with Edy's I have tried several different approaches and it just doesn't work. Either the rotation is not setup correctly or Edy's scripts are attempting to do things that interfere with the kinematic IK linkage.

UPDATE:

I finally got this working with Edy's. The problem lies in the rotation of the wheel holder and the actual wheel mesh. You need to modify the local rotation of the wheel holder in Unity to match where z axis is forward. This will cause your wheel meshes to be all flipped around. You will now need to rotate them manually like you did with the wheel holder where z is forward. Keep in mind this is local rotation and not global rotation.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  4. Crossway

Crossway

When I set fixed time step to 0.001 my game frame rates falls down to 2fps!

Edit: It works better when I set fixed time to 0.002. But why when I change suspension car script I can't see changes right inside the editor? and I have to play the game to see changes applying.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  5. Excelex

Excelex

Anyway to disable the car controller to not control the character rigbody? or was this built only for vehicle and not 1p or 3p gameplay?

I made a enter exit vehicle script, and when running to the vehicle the vehicle moves on its own. You can not disable the car controller script, due to it being the main rig body.

when using a rigidbody fps controller, this script will not allow this behavior... any suggestions?

6. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi, I just bought this and it's very nicely done, ty.

However, the sounds and slomo don't appear to be in the package. They don't work in Unity 2019, and I can't see any in the assets.

Some suggestions to enhance:

. Front and rear anti rollbars with adjustment
    . Bump and rebound stops

7. h00man

h00man

hey man thanks for your awesome asset.
    so i'm working on different kinds vehicle physics ,and i was wondering how you created only the spring object on your suspension system?
    could you give me some tips or tutorial on how you created that blue springs , and how the springs change length at both ends in real time?