Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Now Free!] JumpTo - A Favorites Tool for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thelackey3326, Oct 18, 2014.

1. thelackey3326

thelackey3326

Update: JumpTo v2.1.0 released, and is now open sourced on GitHub
    I had been debating this for a while because I haven't touched either of my assets on the Asset Store in years. Looking at the dates in this thread, it all started 9 years ago, which is hard to accept. But, I've never really made money from the effort and, being honest, I've never been diligent about keeping things up to date with Unity releases. I just think my assets would serve the community better if they were free and open.

JumpTo has now been converted to a Unity package and released on Github. The version currently released as of this post is 2.1.0, which supports Unity 2018.3.0f1 and up. Also converted the old 2.0.0 to a package, and that supports Unity 2018.1.x to 2018.2.x.

Version 2.1.0 has also been submitted to the Asset Store (pending approval). The price has been changed to Free.

Original text
    JumpTo is a favorites tool for Unity currently for sale on the Asset Store. It holds shortcuts (Links) to both GameObjects in loaded scenes and to assets in your project.

You probably spend a lot of time looking through folders and digging through a scene's hierarchy to get to the objects and assets with which you need to work. Just make a Link for each one, and work with it as you naturally would in the Hierarchy and Project windows. You can drag & drop Links, double-click them, select them, move them, all to your heart's content.

JumpTo saves your Links to a subfolder of your project, and each project can have its own Links. For now, you have to save Hierarchy Links manually, which kind of sucks. It's because the Unity Editor doesn't really provide enough feedback (in code) about what it's doing at any given time. See the forum thread and the Feedback feature request.

Asset store page

JumpTo's home page

Current version: v2.0
    -Compatible with Unity 5.3.1p1 and up
    -Supports multiple scenes at once
    -Major user experience improvements

Current version: v1.0
    - Initial version!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  2. thelackey3326

thelackey3326

For my one and only customer, I have recently resumed work on JumpTo to make it more compatible with Unity 5. I had been waiting on the devs at Unity to fix a bug I submitted over a year ago (seen here). It's set for official release with Unity 5.4.0f1, but currently works in b15. So, I'm able to resume work on JumpTo.

Keepin' it simple. Planned updates for JumpTo v1.1:
    • Fix saving of links to scene prefabs
    • Support multi-scene editing
    Thanks for trying out JumpTo!

3. thelackey3326

thelackey3326

I decided to skip v1.1 and take JumpTo all the way to v2.0, because it is so much different from v1.0. The UI has gone through a complete redesign. Selection behaves just like normal Unity Editor selection now. I believe the user experience is much, much better with the changes.

I'll be updating the website soon. Doing all of this in my spare time.

4. thelackey3326

thelackey3326

Version 2.1.0 released, open and free of charge. Updated the top post.