Search Unity

[RELEASED] Jaunty Ape Games - Modular Sci Fi Gun Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JauntyApeGames, Mar 20, 2019.

1. JauntyApeGames

JauntyApeGames

Jaunty Ape Games has launched it's very first asset pack on the Unity Asset Store!

Now available: The "Modular Sci Fi Gun Kit" gives you the power to create and build your own Sci Fi Guns! 150 Unique Parts, 9 Flavors, 5 Included Presets, and 4 Demo Scenes. Mix, Match, Combine, and Design your own custom weapons! Have fun!

Unity Asset Store Link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/guns/modular-sci-fi-gun-kit-141200

Here is my progress from start to finish: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/W2GoJN

Attached Files:

2. JauntyApeGames

JauntyApeGames

If you would like to see features, functionality, or anything added to this kit, let me know! My initial ideas for an upgrade would be : A.) Polish the Diffuse Textures B.) Add Mobile Shaders C.) Additional Assets per category. This would be a free upgrade after I launch my "Desert Creator Kit". What would you add, subtract, change?

3. kdgalla

kdgalla

Cool concept. I like the idea of modularity with so many pieces. Someone could really get creative with these. I could imagine a Modular Vehicles Kit and Modular Robot/Power Armor Kit done in the same vein.

JauntyApeGames likes this.
  4. JauntyApeGames

JauntyApeGames

Dude! Those are great ideas! Hmm, I could do a "Modular Sci Fi Robot Kit" or "Modular Sci Fi Space Marine Kit". I'm working on a "Desert Creator Kit" right now, but right after, I could definitely put something like that together, to match this kit. Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  5. JauntyApeGames

JauntyApeGames

Attached Files:

JamesArndt likes this.
  6. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I came across this browsing the Asset Store and I really want to make some kind of stylized space RTS game now. Thanks alot :) So these are well optimized for mobile projects too?

JauntyApeGames likes this.
  7. JauntyApeGames

JauntyApeGames

Thank you, James! Currently, they CAN be. Just lower the resolution of the textures to your desired size (default is 2048x2048), and change the shader to a mobile shader. There are only Diffuse/Emissive textures included so you may need to manually reconnect them. I will update the pack to include mobile shaders soon! The models themselves are modest/low in size. As long as you keep an eye on how many parts you use per gun, they should be light for mobile usage.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  8. JauntyApeGames

JauntyApeGames

Tried to improve the marketing materials, shorten the meta data a bit, and reduce the number of screenshots. I think this looks better! 55444895_10218254207244753_3673344232434696192_o.jpg

9. JauntyApeGames

JauntyApeGames