Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] IV Pivot Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by luizcarlosfx, Apr 11, 2016.

1. luizcarlosfx

luizcarlosfx

Grande.png
    [ASSET STORE]
    I’m glad to announce the release of my first asset on assetstore, IV Pivot Editor!

As a long time Maya user I really like the way it handles pivot points and the lack of this feature in unity made my workflow much more complicated.
    After searching for a while on assetstore I’ve found some solutions for this problem, and while they have partially solved the issue they were never quite like Maya or other 3d modeling tools. So I’ve decided to make my own asset.

The features which separate this asset from the other pivot editing assets are:
    Edit pivot using user friendly handles: You’re never going to have manually set your pivot point values in the inspector again; you can just drag it and place it wherever you want, visually!
    Snap pivot to vertex (per axis): While moving the pivot point you can snap its position to the position of a mesh vertex. The pivot can be constrained only on the axis you are moving the handle or on all axes at the same time (pressing shift).
    Easy sliders for bounding box based pivot setting: Set the pivot point according the bounding box of your mesh using sliders.
    Set pivot to the position of a scene transform
    Center pivot (per axis)
    Screenshot3.PNG Screenshot4.PNG

Watch the intro tutorial here:

You can buy the asset here

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

I cannot move the pivot point like in the video. It moves the entire object around....

3. luiziv

luiziv

Hi, did you select the option "UseHandles"? Email me with more details so I can help you.

4. luiziv

luiziv

Version 2.0 is out. With UI revamp an tons of new features

5. 2dgame

2dgame

I get the following warning on Unity 2017.2

warmanw likes this.
  6. VicM

VicM

I just recently bough the asset and have to say that is very handy.
    (using the version 2.0.1)

Only having problems when changing the pivot of some meshes, when applying freeze rotation, center pivot, freeze scale or any other operation the pivot is indeed properly changed but the mesh is altered and look faceted in comparison with the original mesh.

Cannot find the problem, any workaround or possible solutions to this?

Attaching a screenshot of the results

pivot_change.png

Thanks!

7. MoribitoMT

MoribitoMT

One of the best tool that I purchased, I love this tool, helped way too much.. One only complain is, when I "stop editing" scene view still focuses on the selected objects, kinda becomes annoying sometimes..

8. luiziv

luiziv

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I will fix it as soon as possible

9. luiziv

luiziv

Sorry for the late response, this bug was fixed in version 2.1

10. michalekmarcin

michalekmarcin

Hi @luiziv

Can I modify pivot point via script in runtime using this plugin? I want to fix pivot point position to center of bounding box.

11. luiziv

luiziv

Hi, it's not possible to do so with the plugin as of now, but it's quite simple to adapt the code to center the pivot in realtime. If you want you can email me (luizcarlos.sfx@gmail.com) and I send you a custom solution to do so

12. shubham-arora1

shubham-arora1

Hi @luiziv

I have a similar requirement, I need to center the pivot at runtime in build and also align the x-axis of the pivot with the longest side of the bounds. Is that doable?

13. luiziv

luiziv

Send me an email (luizcarlos.sfx@gmail.com) with the invoice and then I can send you the code to do so

14. luiziv

luiziv

I will probably make some of the code accessible in runtime in the next version as it doesn't require the editor at all (except for the UI)

15. VengefullColon

VengefullColon

Works as intended for standard shapes and objects but I'm having a problem with colliders moving around or scaling differently from the object.??
    this happens when I move the center point. or when freezing the scale. the collider moves and scales differently.

also, I have a skinned mesh that is .0111 scale when I freeze transform to 000 it becomes massive. instead of staying the same size in the editor.

thanks

16. davdun

davdun

useful tool, however there is one little issue i have with it. With the script present the scene view always selects/focuses on the first selected object, which is a little anonying if you are box selecting multiple items in the scene view (i.e. nothing to do with adjusting pivot). Are you able to modify it so that if it does not hook into the selection process if you are not bothered about adjusting pivots.

17. luiziv

luiziv

Hi, I'm able to modify, but it would take a while to update that on asset store. Can you email me at luizcarlos.sfx@gmail.com so that I can send you a "fixed" version there?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  18. luiziv

luiziv

Fixed and live at the store