Search Unity

[Released] Invector World Components

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dizzymediainc, Oct 12, 2020.

1. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Asset Store:
    u3d.as/264A

Discord:
    https://discord.gg/YNzB5B9DgD

World Components adds a few extra features to the Invector system and expands on what's currently possible!
    If you have any features you'd like to have added to this pack feel free to let me know and i will look into it.

*Notice*
    Some components will require a minor edit to certain Invector components in order to fully enable features.

In order to utilize Invector World Components you MUST OWN a copy of
    Third Person Controller - Melee Combat Template!​

What you get:
    • IWC Save System (Includes Obfuscation Option)
    • Action Bar
    • Area Notification
    • Item Pickups Manager & Item Pickups Collect
    • Settings Menu
    • 22 Player/UI/Systems/World Components (listed below)
    • 19 helper scripts
    • Supports Invector Add-Ons (Comes with demo scenes)
    • Supports Invector Shooter (Comes with demo scenes)
    • Custom demo skybox, sounds, particles and gizmos
    • 2 Demo Scenes
    • Code Snippets
    • Documentation

Features:

Components: System
    • IWC Save (w/Obfuscation) - This is a custom save/load system specifically meant for the IWC systems and components, the system will automatically create/load data from a JSON file and update various systems values & states on game start (more details in changelog).
    • ActionBar - Display a screen space action bar to signify interactable objects (i.e open chest, climb ladder, rest, etc.)
    • Area Notification - Shows an animated notification when a trigger area is entered.
    • Item Pickups Manager - This is a custom system that keeps track of item pickups in your scene and displays them, fully compatible with IWC_Save.
    Components: Camera
    • Travel Cam Controller - Controls camera position/rotation for traveling with vEasyTravel, comes with custom inspector which offers you to easily preview and catch camera position/rotations per spawn/travel transform.
    • Travel Cam Helper - A helper that executes actions for the Travel Cam Controller preview.
    Components: World
    • vEasyLock - Lock all the player controls with ease (includes options to lock the camera & show/hide the cursor)
    • vFakeWall - Handles Walls or Objects you wish to hide upon player interaction (Interactable like any other invector breakable object).
    • vFallController - Handles falling allowing the player to have specific areas where the player can fall a great distance and receive no damage.
    • vRebirth - Gives the developer more control over what happens when the player dies and respawns.
    • vRestArea - Allows the player to rest at a specific spot (i.e bonfire, alter, etc.), restores full health and allows custom actions.
    • vSaveLite - Save & Load inventory whenever you want (Uses built in Invector inventory storage).
    • vSpawnController - Allows you to update the respawn point at any time (useful for rest areas, checkpoints, etc.).
    • vWorldController - Handles Fog Walls & Fake Walls states (Set active state, set interaction trigger state, reset/set fog walls after death, etc.) *Additional world options will be added in the future*
    Components: UI
    • Complex Menu - Upgraded version of Simple Menu, giving you more features, more options and more control.
    • vBossHealth - Display screen space boss health, name, damage received, etc. (supports multiple boss & mob/horde health display).
    • vEasyTravel - Flexible menu to easily travel between rest areas.
    • vRestMenu - Flexible and easy to use menu that shows rest options.
    • vRestCont - Provides events for more custom rest actions (i.e move players location, move time forward, etc.)
    • vSaveIndicator - Displays a save indicator with one quick call.
    • Settings Menu - Change game settings on the fly, pre-built settings menu fully compatible with IWC_Save
    • Simple Fade - Handles screen fades.
    • Simple Menu - Handles pause menu.
    Components: Player
    • IWC Holders - Replaces Body Holder & Hud Holder, contains objects referenced and used by Easy Travel & Rebirth.
    • vLives - Allows the player to have a set amount of lives, can be displayed via GameObject.
    • vLockOn (Altered) - Altered lock on script that only shows health bar when the enemy is locked on to (World space UI).
    • vPlayerLight - Handles light source in/on player which is shown for dark areas (i.e similar to dark souls)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    by1ka_c_makom and blackbird like this.
  2. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

The asset is now released on the Asset Store link added to first post!

Asset store: u3d.as/264A

3. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

In this video I show off the latest additions to IWC which will be provided in the next update.

New Components:
    • vSaveLite - Save & Load inventory whenever you want (Uses built in Invector inventory storage).
    • vSaveIndicator - Displays a save indicator with one quick call.
    • vLives - Allows the player to have a set amount of lives, can be displayed via GameObject
    • vRebirth - Gives the developer more control over what happens when the player dies and respawns
      (If used with vLives, this would trigger after lives reach 0)

• vSaveLite - This component allows you to save and load inventory items whenever you want, in the demo scene the save is set to trigger whenever equipment is changed, an item is used, dropped, destroyed, etc. and when the inventory opens/closes. It's also setup to auto load the players inventory when the player re-spawns (All of this similar to Dark Souls like saves).

There is an option to auto load the players inventory at the beginning of the game/scene, leaving out all the hassle of custom coding this and simply clicking a checkbox/bool. You can have this component located anywhere as long as you properly fill out the necessary values.

• vSaveIndicator - This is a simple component which allows you to show the save indicator for a certain period of time, customizable from the inspector. Currently it's set to show anytime a save occurs (as described above) but is not limited to any particular setup, this component can be located anywhere and utilized with one quick call. (Save indicator is show in top left corner as spinning arrows)

The save indicator is specifically coded to work both with and without the inventory showing, as when the inventory shows time is reduced to 0 and generally stops wait functionality, however this is coded to work regardless, so no worries there.

• vLives - Lives offers the developer the ability to have the player contain a certain number of lives and depending on what settings you apply, you can use this for similar setups as Sekiro, Dark Souls or even for 2.5D arcade like setups. Currently the demo has the component set to allow for manual respawning after a certain time when death occurs (time customizable via inspector), upon reviving from input the player resets and can go about the game again.

After the max deaths the player will re-spawn using the GameControllers spawn function, this way everything is still tied together but works independently from each other.

With vLives you can:

- Set the min & max amount of lives
      - Set custom wait time for new life
      - Show lives indicators (i.e potion bottles in top left)
      - Set how the new life is used (i.e reset player to spawn point or reset health at local position)
      - Set how a new life is detected (i.e input detection or automatically after a period of time)
      - Set custom input detection via string (i.e A, Start, Etc.)
      - Use custom calls via the public events (i.e LivesCheckEvent, InputActiveEvent, NewLifeEvent, ZeroLivesEvent)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  4. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Here's some new components that will also be included in the next update:

New Components:
    • vBossHealth - Display screen space boss health, name, damage received, etc. (supports multiple boss health display)
    • vFogWall - Fog wall similar to Dark Souls games, can be shown for entering specific areas, entering boss fights or showing after a player dies (i.e dies during a boss fight, etc.)
    • vSpawnControl - Allows you to update the respawn point at any time (useful for rest areas, checkpoints, etc.)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  5. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Here is a new video showing off the latest updates/changes to IWC and the updated demo scene you will receive.

Version 0.2 has been pushed to the store and should be available once the asset store team has approved it.

Changelog:
    Invector World Components Changelog

v0.2:

1. Added 6 new components

• vBossHealth
    • vLives
    • vRebirth
    • vSaveLite
    • vSaveIndicator
    • vSpawnControl

2. Added 3 new helper scripts

• vBossHealth_Connnect (Connects this script calls with vBossHealth)
    • vEasyLock_Connect (Connects this script calls with vEasyLock)
    • TransformIndicator (Provides gizmo display options for transforms)

3. Updated demo scene

• Fixed torch particles in start area (i.e on pillars)
    • Fixed bottom of ladder in pit (i.e updated models/collision)
    • Fixed fake wall (did not require enemy dead prior to unlock)
    • Fixed enemy reset near 2nd rest area (world space health was being destroyed on dead)

• Added Rest Area to start area
    • Added new area to start area for lives & rebirth display (i.e left hand section)
    • Added moving platform to pit (allows you to ride back up to start area, faster than ladder)
    • Added new models (i.e display, placement, etc.)
    • Added new chest (bottom area)
    • Added new rest areas (bottom area)
    • Added new fog walls (i.e boss separators)
    • Added new bosses (displays vBossHealth usages)
    • Added new tutorial texts

• Updated layout
    • Updated lighting
    • Updated baked lighting
    • Updated chest(s) items

4.Updated player

• Added lives
    • Fixed attributes events enums (i.e change max health, etc.)
    • Removed start items

5. Updated UI

• Unlocked 3rd slot for inventory items
    • Added multiple boss health displays (screen space)
    • Added lives (potion bottles in top left)
    • Added save indicator (spinning arrows in top left)
    • Updated logo (bottom right)

6. Updated menus

• Added new components to top menu
    • Added all usable components to "Add Component" menu (i.e top menu or on gameobject)
    • Added new setups to top menu

7. Extras

• Added rebirth/respawn custom particle
    • Added fog wall custom particle
    • Added custom sound effects & ambience
    • Added custom skybox
    • Updated prefabs
    • Updated documentation

6. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Any chance for hotbar actions?

7. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Have any examples? :)

8. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

IWC version 0.2 is now live on the store! Changelog in previous post, original post updated.

9. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

A new version of IWC has been submitted for approval (IWC v0.3 is now live)

1. Added 2 new components
    • vRestMenu - Flexible rest menu
    • vEasyTravel - Flexible travel menu with travel options

2. Added 5 new helper scripts
    • BodyHolder - Holds the player body mesh/object (for vRebirth)
    • EasyDelay - Easily delay showing/hiding objects
    • HudHolder - Holds the HUD object for easy referencing *instancing* (for vRestMenu & vEasyTravel)
    • vPlayLight_Adjust - Adjust the player light when trigger area entered
    • vQuickAnimation - Quickly play an animation with a few calls

3. Added 2 new world setups
    • Player light adjust trigger
    • Area notification trigger

4. Added 3 new UI setups
    • vRestMenu - Allows easy showing, hiding and updating of the rest menu (allowing for lockable/unlockable menu items)
    • vEasyTravel - Allows easy showing, hiding and updating of the travel menu and travel options for point to point transfer (allowing for lockable/unlockable areas and locations)
    • Area Notification - Shows a notification text when the trigger area is entered.

5. Added Area Notification scripts
    • Area Notification (Core, trigger & connector) - Shows notification text

6. Updated menus
    • Added new components & helper scripts to top and "Add component" menus

7. New animations
    • Added rest animation
    • Updated player animator
    • Added area notification animations & animator (UI)

8. Updated demo scene
    • Updated all rest areas (i.e play animation, adjust menu show, etc.)
    • Added new setups (i.e area notification, player light adjust, etc.)
    • Added new tutorial texts (i.e explain new setups)
    • Added new UI (i.e area notification, rest menu, travel menu, etc.)
    • Hid ladder & moving platform
    • Added new spawn point (end)
    • Added transform indicators to spawn points, trigger areas, etc.
    • Removed baked lightmap data
    • Changed reflection probe(s) to realtime/on awake

9. New sounds
    • Added new sound effects (i.e area notification, travel, etc.)

10. Fixes
    • Fixed body jerking with vRebirth when birthing player

11. Misc
    • Updated prefabs
    • Updated packs
    • Updated documentation

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  10. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

A new version has been submitted and is waiting approval

1. vEasyTravel Fixes
    • Fixed issue with menu highlights not updating correctly when switching tabs or leaving/returning to the menu
    • Fixed issue with menu location highlights when hovering names
    • Fixed issue with preview image not updating correctly when switching tabs or leaving/returning to the menu
    • Fixed issue with slight body jerk and armor jerk showing during rebirth travel
    • Fixed issue with equipment slots fading broken after travel

2. Added 2 helper scripts
    • vEasyReset - Reset object states (used for demo scene player death)
    • vEasyReset_Con - connection to vEasyReset

3. Demo Scene
    • Fixed issue with 3rd & 4th bonfire/rest areas throwing error if all previous bonfires/rest areas are skipped
    • Fixed issue where fog walls did not reset after you died

11. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

v0.3.1 is now released!

12. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

The hotbars used in World of Warcaft that launch abilities.

13. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Yea that would probably be an extension on it's own as it would be a bit complex and require a lot of custom integration into Invector systems.

14. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

A new version of IWC has been approved and is now available on the store!
    The asset is currently ON SALE for 30% off!! :D

v0.4 brings a whole slew of changes, additions and finally, a promo video!
    (First post has been updated to reflect changes/additions)

Changelog listed on asset store product page (too long to put here)

15. BryanO

BryanO

I recently purchased this asset and am installing v0.4 however I get an error regarding vBossHealth after I saved the script - I own the invector shooter controller (which includes the melee controller package) and FSM AI templates Unity v 2019.4.17f1 the error is regarding this line of code :

vBossHealth.instance.Damage_Update(this, damage);

Ive tried reinstalling but can find no VBossHealth component mentioned in the Invector World Package
    There is a VBoss in Invector
    FSM AI Template But this appears to be unrelated to the missing component.

UPDATE FOUND THE SCRIPT! its in the IWC_WEdits package - This package contains the extra scripts of Invector World -- I guess so you can install them individually if you want to...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  16. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

It sounds like you didn't read the welcome screen message or the documentation provided, which clearly outlines the necessary changes you need to make to certain invector components, for specific IWC components to work correctly.

You can also find snippets of the code changes you need to make in the docs folder.

17. BryanO

BryanO

Thanks for your comments - actually Im meticulous when it comes to these things. I edited my post so others wouldn't have to suffer this procedure of hunting for the scripts in an embedded package - which BTW is a good solution for the puzzle you faced of making this modular - I've effected the changes eventually...and most things work fine --- Except the Fog wall and the sitting animations at the fire still trying to get those to work... I downloaded the animations from the included link. I can see you put it together conscientiously. Good for you! The code snips work fine. And most of this is safely put to bed.

18. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Glad you were able to get things working! :) hehe yea the files in the edit package MUST be separate else you'll get compilation errors on import, so the welcome message states this and suggests to make the required edits first before import.

Fortunately you don't need to hunt for anything hehe everything is laid out for you and available quiet easily, edited files are accessible from the welcome screen, instructions in the doc, snippets are provided in the docs folder, animations in the doc, it's all there, if you look :)

However i am finding some people don't check the doc first, thus thinking the system doesn't work, so i'll be adding some info in the actual demo scene as to avoid confusion and make sure users understand they need to make edits to Invector components for everything to work correctly.

One thing with the animations is after you import them, close unity and then re-open unity again, for some reason the animations don't come with meta files on export, so you have to restart unity for them to work correctly.

19. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

This is a small game project using IWC systems, showing off it's versatility and a brand new system coming soon!

Item Pickups Manager is a brand new system that allows you to pickup, track and display item pickups you collect in the world. You can setup pickups per area/location, the max amount per location, display total collected per location/in total and more!

The Item Pickups system will be included in the next update of Invector World Components.

20. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

The asset is currently ON SALE for 30% off!! :D

Changelog listed on asset store product page (too long to put here)

21. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Changelogs can be found here:
    dizmedia.net/products-documentation/

22. bml

bml

Any chance you didn't 'Import Components' and 'Import Gizmos' from the Setup window? The Shooter setup requires all the Setup steps to be completed first, including the imports. The Shooter instructions aren't very clear about this.

23. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

The shooter component utilizes vLockOnAlt, which requires edits to be made to be fully functional :)

Ideally though you should always complete the initial setup/steps before trying the add ons or shooter as the system was made for the melee extension and shooter is an add on for IWC.

24. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

25. sharifmeagalli

sharifmeagalli

I get an error v_Aicontroller moveToDestination is inaccessible due to its protection level?
    ive done the snippets and double checked with the example images can someone help.

26. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

I believe you missed some steps then, should be indicated in the snippets to change values from private to public which are used by IWC.

If you get any errors that say "inaccessible due to its protection level" it just means the value is not public ^_^

27. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

28. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

29. manoliskoumiotakis

manoliskoumiotakis

Recently purchased IWC . Its a great asset but with totaly no video tutorials and is so difficult to understand how to work with.Make videos so its easier for everyone and you.....thanks

30. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Video tutorials will be coming as we get closer to v1.0 for now look over the systems and see how each one works or is linked into others.