Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 offer !✅]Infinigrass-GPU Optimized Interactive Grass-Trees-Meshes,work on mobile,HDRP-URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Fenris2

Fenris2

Any idea when 1.4 might be ready?

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am doing the final tests and will be submitted early next week. Also i will have a hotfix with the new code to avoid waiting for the store review.

Fenris2 likes this.
  3. Recon03

Recon03

I take it this is not for mobile??

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

I do not support it fully offcially yet, but i have some users that have done tests on stronger modile and worked.

In my Android where i have tested the shaders, they do not work correctly, but i am in the process of transfering the shader for mobile, and i have already got a cut out version wihtout wind and will expand it with wind for release in later updates.

The core of the system is platform agnostic, so the whole batching/LOD system can be used with any asset/shader, so after i have the shaders working on all mobile plarforms, the system will be able to work full there.

Of course the results wont be as spectacular as on the PC pics :)

5. Recon03

Recon03

Ya of course, no one should expect it to look like PC.. I make many shaders for Mobile, since not many on the asset store. But I try to look for assets that do support PC and mobile, so I can use for different games for current and future. Right now working on Android base game. Looks like your tree ones supports Android though, I was looking at that .. I already have my own chopping system, but I like the rest of that asset as well ..

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Theoretically if you did not need wind, the grass could be used with a dual side cut out shader as well. The trees can use also any shader, so should work with unity's tree leaf shaders too (i have some samples) for wind.

The grass uses custom shaders though, so will take a while to make a perfect port that will also work on all mobile platforms.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of the interactive demo for v1.4

There will be two versions, one will be enchanced for Sky Master ULTIMATE, for better visual representation.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

All brushes in v1.4 (new moss, realistic rocks, yellow grass, leaf bed and much more)

v1.4 will also have two demos, one with the new interactive grass and one with the new brushes above. Both demos will have a Sky Master ULTIMATE enabled version, for cool filters that will play well with the grass (gradient based volume fog etc).

9. HelixU4

HelixU4

For a 60USD asset it's sad that it just don't work.

Freshly imported and Im only getting errors:

This error spams my console once i click "Paint grass" button. It goes away when I close the "Paint gass" button.

Can't paint grass, also not showing in game.
    I didnt change any settings either, its all on default.

Painting rocks works however (huzzah!)

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Is this happening in my demo scene ? Also which version of the asset is used ?

I had no such errors report from any user yet, so it could have something to do with a specific setup ? Please let me know more specifics and i will try to come up with a solution as fast as possible.

Do you have a main camera in your scene ? Most of the errors seem to be related to a camera not existing.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  11. HelixU4

HelixU4

I just bought the pack, so I'm using the latest version.

The demo scene works fine.

I didnt change anything, followed the setup steps and got the errors.

I do not have a main camera in the scene as it will spawn with the player as the level loads.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

I see, the issue is the absense of main camera in the scene, i will add some checks to avoid this issue and send a hotfix in a few minutes.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have added checks to grab the current camera if the main is not preset for the editor and v1.4 also has a tag based option when the main camera cant be used in real time, to cover as many cases as possible.

If anything else comes up please let me know and i will try to fix asap.

I am uploading the v1.4 of the pack and will send a dropbox download link on PM in a few minutes

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The decoupling of the system from the Main Camera in cases it cant be used for the player has been a bit tricky, but i think i have finilized it after lots of testing and tweaking.

The submission of v1.4 was a bit delayed due to that, but i wanted it to be perfect so it can cover as many gameplay cases as possible.

I will submit the v1.4 of the pack tomorrow and will upload it whole in dropbox for everyone interested as well.

15. HelixU4

HelixU4

After great help from the author of this asset it works like a charm. The support it self is almost worth 60USD. :D

nasos_333 likes this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have also sent the final v1.4 version with a few extra updates and manual additions.

Also much more is planned for the next versions, like the dynamic vine creation system, a procedural grass placement system and a texture mask based placement and mass placement feature.

17. HelixU4

HelixU4

Texture mask based mass placement would be pretty awesome!

I have a script already that makes you able to pick what terrain texture, grass texture and density of the mass placement, but it only works with native unity grass so this feature would be great!

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

That is one of the top priorites for the next version, hopefully i can provide many options to that end.

It is not entirely clear yet how to handle the assignement of grass (the actual coding should be trivial after that), since the input can vary, so i will try to standarize one first approach and move from there.

Also i am playing with some more ideas that will expand the system further, like a procedural alteration of meshes upon creation, for even more realistic / non patterend results and many new shader ideas for local wind, temporal interaction, gravity, spring like motion etc

The dynamic vines will also add a complete spline system to the asset, which can later be used to also place grass and decals (around or along the spline for example)

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offer for the end of the month !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE, try the beta and write a nice review that takes the beta into account and have a chance to win an InfiniGRASS voucher.

There will be one winner of a voucher and up to 3 more entries will get InfiniGRASS on download link.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  20. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

Hi @nasos_333 , this system looks really awesome. I'm thinking of using it as my 3D Decal Spawn system. Can I use it to dynamic, spawn random stuff around my Character, as he goes around & de-spawn, put it back to Pool list, kind of, when the player is far away? Can I use my own shaders for my 3D Decals? How easy to implement my own spawn logic to your InfiniGRASS system? Thanks :)

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks :), i am now working on v1.5 update that will have lots of cool new features and will submit v1.4 tomorrow probably

It is definitly possible to do all kind of things, currently i have the means to paint the decals anywhere on the map and gradually create them (besides the standard growing them at game start or have them pre-grown in the scene) as the hero moves around. Also they can be destroyed and recreated as the hero cames away or close, to free RAM. Custom meshes and shaders can be used too (but have to be compatible with the batching, most are, very few were not)

There is no pooling, so the gradual growth is not recommended for lots of density and also the batching should be done gradually, so high polygon items with lots of detail may create spikes if they are in the same group to be batched. The batching is multithreaded, so will benefit greatly from extra CPUs

The gradual growth is generally best suited to grass and lower poly items, but if there is carefull placement of items i guess could be used for anything (unless etxremely polygon heavy)

The system can also create the batches in the editor and at game start, so at this mode everything would be batched and can use the LODs to control performance and is super fast, but is for smaller maps.

It is also possible to create prefabs with a whole grass manager (or managers) system and use a custom LOD system for that if required (but again the pooling would be far more tricky)

I plan to support pooling for the grass later in gradual growth mode, but since it is rather complex i cant make a promise for it yet.

The spawn logic is very easy to implement, my demo has a method with mouse to spawn at click and the mass placement method is for editor use (as spawning many together is not adviced in real time) also has processes of how to use splats for defining grass type and properties. I can guide to the code points where grass is created for easy reference and help with creating a custom spawn system.

The idea is to grab the terrain properties (slope, position on click or raycast) and instantiate a single script that will take care of the rest (instantiates its own middle and grass blades objects), where the properties are inserted and the script is inserted in the grass manager for control.

Let me know for any further details.

ikemen_blueD likes this.
  22. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.4 update is now ready for download via dropbox.

Everyone interested, please send me a PM with the invoice (if i dont have it already) and i will send the link asap.

The store review will take a few days, so it will be in the store next week.

--------------------------

New offer for the end of the month !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE, try the beta and write a nice review that takes the beta into account and have a chance to win an InfiniGRASS voucher.

There will be one winner of a voucher and up to 3 more entries will get InfiniGRASS on download link.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Vertex blend to ground and gravity shader WIP

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Vertex blended grass and new Gravity shader WIP

Using the new vertex blend mode to get different grass looks based on texture.

Left and middle grab the texture color from ground, right side grass is the original

Multiple different looks with just one grass type !!!!

Also this grass is using the first version of the new gravity emulation shader, for nice curved or angled grass look.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Near zero cost temporal shader based interaction with grass is now working and will be available in v1.5 !!!!

I will post a video after i do some extra tweaks, this can be used along with the scripted motion for any combination and peformance control.

Also the stop wind motion is now a smooth function and does not completly stop all grass in the interactor radius, but stops it gradually around the interactor.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

New shader based temporal interaction (near zero cost, all shader based) for v1.5 of InfiniGRASS.

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.4 has been submitted to the store and is pending review.

There is a slight increase in price for the new version ($65) so make sure to grab the pack in the current lower price.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

New grass type for v1.5.

The gravity, temporal interaction and vertex blend new modes in v1.5 will also be available for the transparent grass. This new type is a combination of the higher polygon long grass and transparent grass.

InfiniGRASS v1.4 has been submitted to the store and is pending review. It is also directly available in dropbox link on request.

Please if you like the pack, when possible, leave a review so i can work much faster on upcoming updates.
    As i am a one man team, reviews help a lot in keeping the development for packs full time and delivering extra features much faster.
    Thanks a lot in advance for any reviews for the packs.​

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Fenris2 and ikemen_blueD like this.
  29. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

Love all these screenshots :D is it suitable for Mobile Open-World terrain? I will buy InfiniGRASS soon to figure it out hehe. We just love packs of grass, more grass, more fun, hopefully cheap cost performance & dynamically ...

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system can be used for mobile (though the shaders are not compatible with all mobile systems, they do not work ok on my Android for example), so it is not yet officially supported.

Of course the system can definitly benefit mobiles with multiple cores and provide cool dynamic effects (even more optimized and shader based in the coming v1.5, with temporal shader based interaction) .

I have tested with cutout shader and works ok, though it is not dual sided and will need a rework on the grass. Also density and other parameters will have to be lowered for mobile use.

If reviews go well, i plan to have a full support for mobile later.

ikemen_blueD likes this.
  31. Fenris2

Fenris2

Questions

Will the upcoming 1.5 work/integrate with Gaia, and if so,any idea of time frame?

Performance wise, do you know how InfiniGrass compares with say http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/directx-11-grass-shader.348258/. And yes, InfiniGrass does a lot more and probably works on more than dx11 to boot.

How efficient is InifiGrass in terms of GC, and object pooling and so on?

Sorry for all the Qs. :p

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, thanks for considering the pack

The grass in the static case is using only the GPU, without using render textures, so my guess is that this is the fastest possible. Also it does not recreate shapes in shader, thus even further reducing cost. GC is minimal in static case too.

In dynamic state with shader interaction (temporal, coming in v1.5) there is almost zero overhead, in scripted interaction depends on grass density and CPU number (as the system is multithreaded)

Overall i get about similar results with DX11 grass in scripted interactive case, with slightly higher framerates, but a few more spikes in very high density grass (at least on my rather old dual core 2010 CPU). With a carefull placement of grass (so the brush does not overlap) it is possible to get a super smooth result, so it depends on preparation as well. The goal is to open as little grass batchers as possible at once, so an evenly spread grass is best suited for this.

In coming versions i plan to do global checks for distances, so i can optimize for the scripted dynamic phase even better.

Note that GC will be created only in the gradual growth with auto regrow option on (grass is destroyed and recreated as hero moves) and in scripted dynamics (grass is opened for interaction and is batched again after interaction, the batched mesh is deleted and recreated locally). Also minor creation when grass is planted in real time like in the demo, this is transparent with more than one CPU, unless the grass is extremely heavy (even the very detailed muchrooms with LODs dont have any issue though, so this is super fast).

I do not currently support pooling, but is one of the plans for later versions so grass blades will be pooled than instantiated when possible. I cant promise that feature yet, but i will try to the best of my ability to have it in at some point.

The system works on all platforms, the shaders though are not yet working on all mobile platforms, so i do not support mobile officially yet, but is also in the plans to support mobile fully later.

I plan GAIA support and will come in v1.5 or v1.6, since v1.5 has already a number of very cool features that already work and would like to have released very soon (e.g. vertex blending, shader based temporal ineraction and gravity). I cannot give a time frame for the GAIA support, but the general plan is to start working on it after Sky Master v3.0 is submitted in a few days. I think will be sometime after the 15th that will have a first version.

Note that the system can already do placement based on splat maps with weigthing and based on terrain normal (this is not supported in Unity trees/grass at all from what i know), so i will be adding a control for height and slope for grass creation too, which will bring the system very close to GAIAs system and then adaptation to the full model will be rather easy, plus i will add many tricks specific to InfiniGRASS, which are not supported by the Unity trees/grass like slope based orientation, vertext color blending wiht ground etc (besides the slope based creation for example)

The above is for the grass, note that the system core can be used for much more, for example i plan many upgrades to the fence system, special modes for rocks, procedural alteration of enviromental elements and decals (also for rocks, for easy infinite variations with super speeds etc). v1.5 is already including the procedural module, which is a very advanced state in development.

The goal is to allow placement of any 3D decal and blend with the surrounding and ground later. I will start with grass blending in v1.5 and move from there (this is already working and i am tweaking it)

Let me know for further questions and clarifications

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  33. creat327

creat327

anyone has been able to run this on a regular mobile device? like a Samsung s4 or iPhone 4.
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible to run at 60fps with decent quality, but I would love to be proven wrong because I want to use this on my games.

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

The asset is desktop orriented, and mobile is not yet officially supported. One user run it on a stronger mobile, the model is posted in the WIP forum post i think, i will check and post it later. It does not run on my Android though, the shaders are not working correctly (the game does start and play, but the grass is not displayed right).

Also the base of the system is hardware agnostic, so given the proper shader the system can be used on any device, i have tested with cutout for example and could run with it.

I plan to have more support for mobile later, but i cannot promise when it will happen and if it will work flawlessly so it makes sense to use it there.

EDIT:

Here is the post about mobile use:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/in...orm-grass-solution.349921/page-4#post-2316906

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/in...orm-grass-solution.349921/page-4#post-2316949

"I have been testing with Vuforia on mobile and the performance is great!"

"I am using a Galaxy Note 3. It was just a quick test but the shaders looked fine to me.
    Not as beautiful as the shots above but acceptable for my needs at the mo."

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS is in lower price until v1.4 is released.

InfiniGRASS v1.4 is still under review, make sure to grab the asset while in the current lower price !!!

v1.5 is currently WIP and brings many new cool features, like vertex color blending to the ground, gravity shaders and shader based local temporal interaction.

36. kilju

kilju

good job man. nice to see u giving good effort to this asset. im still working waters in my scene :) after that i will start to use ur grass. cant wait :D

btw u planning to add gaia support on v1.5 ?

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :), let me know for any questions and help on the setup

I plan GAIA support after v1.5, since i have many features for 1.5 that are ready to go and could be out soon, so i will leave the GAIA support for v1.6 probably.

Note that the system already has lots of features to adapt the grass on terrain, using the underlying textures, e.g. grass will follow the terrain normal (which is also not possible with Unity grass), can scale grass based on splat map and also plant specific grass types on specific splats, with weighting and blending on edges for edge specific grass etc

What i miss is a system to control grass appearence or absense by height and slope (now all heights/slopes are covered with grass), but this is rather easy to do and i will have it for v1.5 i hope, and then use all these as base for v1.6 and GAIA support.

This pre-work will help a lot realize the full features that can be combined with GAIA, so i take this step by step approach.

I will begin working on the GAIA support in parallel with v1.5 as well.

38. kilju

kilju

yea i checked ur videos and screenshot looking really good. best looking grass in unity!!!!

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

v1.5 will have an extra layer of details too, for example local temporal interaction that gives a better volume and realistic motion to grass as the hero passes by (or for local wind emulation) using the shader for ultimate performance, blending with the ground per grass blade for increases coloration variety and adaptation to underlying color and a gravity emulation mode for emulating the grass weight as its length increases and adding a more realistic look to grass on slopes (or grass break due to weight in straing long grass).

And of course these are the first round of ideas, much more will come as the pack evolves.

v1.4 was submitted in 31st of October, so should be out in the store today or tomorrow. If not, i can also send a dropbox link so you may start using the latest version when starting with the system.

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I got a few notifications that the control system for the new interactive grass demo is cumbersome, so i will be working more on this demo to provide a better and less confising interface and hero motion.

The current version is the one below and the "space" button toggles between free look and static camera look.

Also any further comments as to how to improve the demo are welcome.

Interactive grass Demo (v1.4)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...GRASS/INFINIGRASSv14_DEMO_INTERACTIVE_SM.html

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS v1.4 has been released at the store !!!!

New features include real time painted grass grab for editing and saving, brush settings structure for easy save/load of settings for the grass painting and mass planting, new dynamic grass features and much more.

42. tapticc

tapticc

Attack of the mutant bush!!

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

:), that could have been the title of the video indeed :)

I will make sure to add a pair of eyes in the next update :)

44. FractalCore

FractalCore

I'm really interested in this, but I need to know specifically what it does.

If I have either a Unity Terrain or my own imported landscape object, and a splatmap of where I want grass, this can place the grass on that terrain automatically, right?

And can the splatmap use multiple colours to define where certain grass can go?

Is there a limit to the terrain size? is it placing a whole lot of instances so the more there are the slower, or is it baking them together in some way and only generating what's in range at runtime? Meaning you can have as much as you want, maybe?

And I gather I can use my own grass objects. I can model a grass cluster in Max, bring it in and use that?

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The current version allows the spread of specific grass types per splat map with mass placement, using Unity terrain splat map information. Also it can do scaling per splat map or define a no brush for specific splat (-1 is used in this case as grass type)

It is also possible to mask areas that grass is not required with objects (or let grass be panted on objects and then move them, removing the grass from this spot, but keep it on object for other decorations)

Also it is possible to paint and mass paint grass on any item (must use the PPaint tag), but the mass paint will only paint one grass type at each application and to the overall object (it is possible to use objects masks to define areas in this case and there are tools to both paint and remove grass for further refinement)

v1.5 will offer vertex color blending with the ground, this will work with textured ground (grabs the texture under the grass and the system is already working great), i also plan to make this blending based on splat maps in Unity terrain, which will come in v1.5 or v1.6.

v1.6 will offer mass placement based on a custom texture mask and will be based on the v1.5 texture grab system, but with an extended interface that will allow better control. Also a system to place grass types per Unity terrain height and slope will be added in this version.

The current implementation uses the splat map type, in a weighted way to define the type of grass that will go in a spot and not its color directly. For example if a map spot has 50% dirt and 50% grass, it can receieve a mix of the brush defined for grass and the one defined for dirt.

The grass can be unlimited, with only two restrictions, the more grass the slower it gets in Unity editor due to the overhead (this is not a problem in play mode and i have a way to grab grass painted in play mode to bring to the editor to save) and RAM limitation when all grass is grown at once (usually a problem only with a vast amount of grass and density)

The grass after it is painted, can be ungrown at which stage only the grow scripts remain in the scene, so essentially you can have infinite of that, without any overhead in the editor. Also you can use multiple Grass Managers, so when it is required to regrown the grass for editing can be faster and when one regions needs editing, the rest can be disabled so they wont affect the editing speed in the editor for the grown area.

After it is ungrown, the grass can grow all at once in game start and then use the LOD system, or have it grow only around the hero and then gradually grow as the hero moves around (and an extra option to delete/regrow the grass if there is a RAM limitation, so when all these options are used there is no physical restriction). When this mode is used, the grass has to be tweaked for density, so when the hero approaches, the created grass will always be such that allows for a smooth transition and the only limitation is that you cannot grow a lot of grass at once in real time, so will require some tweaking to get it perfect, depending on the target platform power.

All the above described functionality is done per Grass Manager, so you may mix a manager with gradual growth and lesser grass density for the whole map coverage, with managers for more local detail in key spots that will grow their grass at game start so it wont create any overhead in real time use etc

Note that when grass has been grown in play mode and uses the LOD system, it is using the GPU and is the fastest it can be, plus the system does not use render textures, so it has the ultimate performance in this mode.

I also plan a mode where grass will be auto-grown without having it painted in editor first, this is planned for v1.6 or v1.7, for procedural placement.

The system can indeed use any model, you can even use any item in general, it does not have to be grass, for example i have rocks and mushroom brushes, that will use the system and benefit from the system batching, LOD and placement features.

Please let me know for any further questions

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  46. FractalCore

FractalCore

"The current implementation uses the splat map type, in a weighted way to define the type of grass that will go in a spot and not its color directly. For example if a map spot has 50% dirt and 50% grass, it can receieve a mix of the brush defined for grass and the one defined for dirt."

That sounds good. I followed most of what you said. The thing is, I see a lot of REALLY nice pictures and videos here, but almost nothing about how this works (besides detailing new features), which I would think is the most important thing. I can already paint custom grass objects down with several other assets I've bought and the Unity Terrain has it's thing of course. Your demonstrations seem to focus more on how it looks after the tool has done it's work.

And I tested the demo which lets you paint grass down and it grows in which is really cool, but no games do this, I'm not sure it would be anything more than a cool extra feature I'd never actually use (only speaking for myself here).

In other words, I guess I'm asking if you can make a video running through setting this up, and specifically using any kind of automated, non-painting systems.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

A video wont show how the system works either, since the main thing differentiating from a simple object placement tool is the multithreaded batching with LOD backend, that actually makes the grass play with the super good speeds.

If you just placed this quality of grass on a map, you would get about 1fps or much lower, while with the system it goes to 60fps.

I plan to make some videos with the workflow later, i will be posting them here for reference when they are ready. There are two major ways to place grass, one by painting it and the other by mass placement, on a rectangle defined by two corners.

The actual grass and placement are secondary to the main core of the system that allows the speed up and actual use of such quality grass. This system took around 1.5 year (of partial development) to perfect and reach the state where it can be used in a streamlined and 100% stable way. The placement tools and grass shaders were made in a few weeks, in comparisson and represent only one of the possible applications of the system.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  48. Foxxis

Foxxis

We were about to buy this asset to test run it for our project, but it does not appear to be fully compatible with all cards/platforms. We use macs, and on an iMac it ran ok. However, on my Mac Pro with dual D700s, it looked like this:

infini.jpg

I have not encountered similar errors with other webplayers, demos or projects. This is the demo in linked from the assets store, the one using skymaster. I downloaded the latest webplayer to make sure I was up to date.

FWIW, the machine in question runs all kinds of projects flawlessly and I have never seen problems like this one before. My guess would be that you are doing something not supported on all cards, or that there is something else in the demos that mess your system up.

I would be interested in the asset if you manage to fix this, as we cannot rely on an asset that is not performing on all possible target systems that we have for our project. I'll be subscribing to the thread incase you manage to find the cause.

49. kilju

kilju

hi man. started to play with grass again :D love how it works in real time. fev questions tho.
    - did u include new grass models to v1.4? cant seem to see any new in list atleast
    - is it possible to change color of grass?
    - i dont really understand "Grab grass" thing how it works? i managed to paint grass real time and then just copy grass gameobject and pasted after quit play mode and it works really nice. so is there any specifik to use "grab grass" method?

thank you

-Toni

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

This looks like an issue affecting the whole screen, which makes me believe it is one of the image effects i have attached to the camera in this demo. Is the other demo working ok ?

(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/INFINIDY/INFINIGRASS/INFINIGRASS_PAINT_DEMO.html)

If so, then this is an image effect issue, rather than the InfiniGRASS issue, as infinigrass does not pack any image effects itself.

Please let me know if the other demos work, if they do not i will start looking to see if there may be some other issue asap.