Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Image Format Converter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by radiantboy, Sep 16, 2019.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

Drastically reduce the size of your project by converting wasteful image formats into PNG with no quality loss!

This asset is designed to reduce the size of your Unity project by changing massive image files (such as TGA .BMP .TIFF) into much smaller files (like PNG) with no loss of quality.

It was written for my own personal needs and slashed the size of my project by 25% which means it reduced my project size from 296 gigs to 222 gigs! That’s a whopping saving of 74 gigs.

This asset will give best results if you have a lot of huge relevant files in your project. To check potential space savings search your project for files like BMP, TIFF, TGA and then order them by size. If there are a lot of these and they’re big you should benefit nicely because all of these files can be converted into PNG automatically, reducing your project size immensely. You don’t need to worry about renaming the converted files or the materials that use these textures, or even the .meta files, IFC does all of this for you automatically, you just run it and wait.

Features:
    - Reduce project size by 25%+ with zero quality loss!
    - Ability to pause/resume any time
    - Automatically deals with materials and .metas
    - Supports converting .tiff .bmp .tga to .png