Search Unity

[RELEASED] Hx Volumetric Lighting

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Lexie, Aug 1, 2016.

1. ratking

ratking

This plugin is clearly not developed any further or even supported any more. It also only ever supported BIRP, not the new render pipelines.

2. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

Thanks so much for this! :)

dizzymediainc likes this.
  3. CGDever

CGDever

Guys, I have some texture artefacts on Unity2022.3.0f1.
    They are especially visible if you will try to change camera's resolution.
    Has somebody solved this?

4. churi24

churi24

After extensively researching various volumetric assets, in my opinion, this one is the successor to HX Volumetric. After making several adjustments, Volumetric Lights 2 successfully replaced HX Volumetric in our game, so I highly recommend it for those who haven't decided to switch to new volumetric options yet. None of the other volumetric assets in the Asset Store match the quality of these two. The advantage of Volumetric Lights 2 is its compatibility with Standard materials, Built-In, URP, and HDRP. You won't encounter any issues with transparent objects either.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/volumetric-lights-2-234539

wetcircuit and hopeful like this.
  5. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

Does it work with directional lights? The description seems to suggest it doesn't.

6. churi24

churi24

Volumetric Lights supports local lights only (point, spot and area lights). For indoors, directional lights can be supported by covering the building or room with a volumetric area light as can be seen in the promo videos.
    The HDRP version of Volumetric Lights goes a bit further and automates the use of a wide volumetric area to produce the same scattering effect with shadows. For outdoors, Volumetric Fog & Mist can be used (ie. god rays, etc).

SunnySunshine likes this.
  7. pheckinger

pheckinger

I think I am getting user reports for my game with a similar issue.
    I cant seem to repro the bug on my end though. It appears in their screen shots that its rendering the result to only part of the screen, like the buffer isnt being scaled back up correctly. Is this similar to what you are seeing in 2022.3?

8. Superjayjay

Superjayjay

Anyone managed to find a solution for the issues with 2022.3 ?

I want to upgrade to 2022.3 from 2022.2 but I'm afraid the upgrade will cause issues with this asset.

9. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

this seems to work in 2022.3.18
    not on ps5 tho

Attached Files:

ksam2 and hopeful like this.
  10. ksam2

ksam2

Hi, why doesn’t it work on PS5? I thought I could port my game to PS5 :(

11. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

you still can but that'll require you to put some work into it, porting to ps5 flavor of vulkan

ksam2 likes this.