Search Unity

[RELEASED] HQ Retro Farmhouse

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NOT_Lonely, Oct 26, 2019.

1. cursedtoast

cursedtoast

Yeah, that'll probably sort it out, I appreciate the help.
    I will say this, now that I'm actually laying out a house, this is the best art asset I've used. The NL_MCS component is mad handy as well.

Using ProGrid, I've been snapping 2.5 on the x and 0.75 on the y, and it's just connecting beautifully. I've used another asset before for a portfolio piece and it was such a nightmare I ended up laying things out myself in ProBuilder.

Once I spend a few more hours working with it I'll write a nice detailed review and maybe throw up a video of some progress I've gotten done.

Thank you so much for your support and work -- you're very talented at what you do.

2. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

I'm happy that it works for you. Thank you for the kind words! :)

3. cursedtoast

cursedtoast

Sorry to bother you again!
    Is the terrace floor an individual prefab by chance (been looking and not finding it).
    Ideally, I'd like to replicate the terrace pieces just without the brick pieces at the bottom. Could be used to create a 2nd floor balcony, I think?

Also, could you elaborate a touch on the mention of Subtance in the readme, please? Is there Substance files included for customizing things (rather than standard textures) or is this just a suggestion for taking it a step further with customization? Both?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  4. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

I'm sorry, but there are no individual floor pieces for the terrace. I think you can try to detach it in a 3d-editor or even using the Unity's ProBuilder tool. This tool is pretty fine for such a task. Simply copy the model in your scene and use "ProBuilderize" feature from the ProBuilder menu. Then you will be able to remove parts of the mesh. Only one bad thing - ProBuilder generates its own UVs for the mesh, but I use UV3 in the shader to project some masks.

The Readme.txt already includes the Substances guide.

5. GreaserMonkey

GreaserMonkey

"Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "Bulb_glass" within the maximum polygons limit (256). The partial hull will be used. Consider simplifying your mesh."

6. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi, you can simply ignore this message. Or replace the Bulb_glass collider with a spherical one.

7. GreaserMonkey

GreaserMonkey

I know how to snap floor to the wall correctly (see image below) but how can I snap a ceiling so that it matches the floor corner position? It seems that there is no snapping point to snap ceiling to the wall same way it's possible to snap floor to the wall. The result is that ceiling and floor corner positions do not match and then room axis aligned bounding box changes too. Maybe I've missed something to do it correctly?

upload_2021-2-17_11-27-21.png

upload_2021-2-17_11-36-33.png

upload_2021-2-17_11-38-0.png

upload_2021-2-17_12-7-41.png

8. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,

You don't need to snap that way. Don't use a vertex snapping, you should use a grid snapping instead. Once you dropped any module to the scene, press Ctrl + Shift + G, it's a hotkey from my Object Placement Tool which will automatically snap selected module(s) to the closest grid cell.

And I recommend you to look at the Readme file, where you can find few other recommendations about the pack.

GreaserMonkey likes this.
  9. krissnord

krissnord

I have done everything I can to make the doors work but when I walk close to them nothing happens and I get no error message in console do you now what could couse this. I have it set to automatic as I use the new input system.

10. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,

You have to set the Player's Head Tag in the door inspector to your player's camera tag and add a shpere collider in trigger mode to this camera.

11. rainmax

rainmax

Hi, what is this tool in the inspector??
    upload_2021-4-23_19-37-28.png
    I can't seem to find it in the demo scene

12. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

It's Substance Plugin. You can find it at the Asset Store, install, and use with the Substance files that comes with the pack.

13. rainmax

rainmax

Oh I see. I'd like to try this. Thank you

14. PrateekBedi

PrateekBedi

hi, please provide some demo assets please.

15. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,

What do you mean? A playable demo?

16. Mikimortis

Mikimortis

Is there a way to change all the wallpapers in a specific room at once? I haven't been able to find this option. Thank you in advance!

17. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

You can apply the MCS_Manager to clear the hierarchy and then select all the room walls to batch change the material. But this will finalize the building and you will not be able to use the construction script interface on this modules after applying the MCS_Manger script. So if you already finished your building and don't plan to change its layout anymore, you can do that.

18. Mikimortis

Mikimortis

Thank you so much! This is such a great asset, and even more so now that I know you can batch change things!!

unityunity