Search Unity

[RELEASED] HQ Retro Farmhouse

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NOT_Lonely, Oct 26, 2019.

1. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi guys!

My new art-pack HQ Retro Farmhouse has been released!

In few words - this is the most customizable asset-pack you ever seen :)

01.jpg

CUSTOMIZATION
    Do you need a clean bright house or an abandoned dirty one, infused with a mystical atmosphere? No problem!
    The houses made with this pack could be absolutely different, have any layouts, different colors, patterns and age.
    99% of all that you see here can be adjusted with few clicks: all the walls, roof, ceiling, floors, windows, doors, and big props such as sofa, chairs, kitchen set, beds, fireplace, bathtub, tables, closets and many more.

MODULARITY
    This pack has its own modular system which speed up the building process of new houses in few times and makes this process much and much smoother and focused, because you don't need to drag and drop module prefabs every time in your scene any more. You just drag one uber module, and select needed type of it from its interface with a single click.

ARTISTRY
    All the stuff in this pack has been crafted with a high attention to details and industry standards, so your scenes will look full-fledged, artistic and optimized.

Cinematic Trailer

▼Customization and modularity▼

Some screenshots

04.jpg

08.jpg

17.jpg

29.jpg

More info and screenshots you can find on the Asset Store page.

HDRP and URP now supported "out of the box"!

Asset Store Link: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/urban/hq-retro-farmhouse-modular-154929

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Mauri and Flurgle like this.
  2. GKotlidas

GKotlidas

For anyone that is interested in working with this asset on the HDRP pipeline as I also do I am sharing the shaders that I changed from the custom PBR to custom HDRP ones here.

I went ahead and converted the shaders except 2 of them for Cowebs and Fire (these 2 I changed the materials of them) and I am uploading them here as a ZIP file.

I kept the structure of the files in their folders so anyone that wants to use that you just extract this under your Assets folder and you overwrite yours.

Thanks,
    Georgios

Attached Files:

3. Flurgle

Flurgle

This is probably the best looking modular house pack I've ever seen. Nice work @NOT_Lonely

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi! I copied all the shaders in your zip, but when I open up the sample scene all materials with MaskBlend3Colors_NL still grayed out. I tried to upgrade project materials to HDRP but nothing changed. Than I tried reimport the overwritten shaders, but nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe it's Unity version... Which version u used with this amazing asset and HDRP?

5. GKotlidas

GKotlidas

Hello @Scrabo I just saw your message, I used the Unity3D 2019.3.0f3

6. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi guys,
    I have added the HDRP and URP shaders in the pack, so now it can be used with any pipeline with almost zero work from your side. This version is already submitted and will be available in few days.

Also I added a manager script for the modular construction system, which allows to cleanup the hierarchy of the assembled house before the production build of the project. This action removes all the unused stuff from the modules you used to assemble the house.

Thanks!

miracalious likes this.
  7. Pollawat

Pollawat

Hello sir, I'm about to buy this asset from the asset store but I got some concern that:

- Is this support URP out of the box sir? (export/convert and ready to go)

Thank you.

8. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,
    The pack contains URP and HDRP shaders, that you have to assign to the materials which uses custom shaders.
    So it supports URP and HDRP, but you need to spend few minutes to assign the shaders.

9. Pollawat

Pollawat

Alright, I'm gonna buy it tonight along with so many discounted assets.

Thank you for your information.

10. bobbylee

bobbylee

Missed the 24 hour sale! I had it in my cart but forgot it was only 24 hours and missed it.
    I really would be pressed to buy it now, hope a sale pop's up again, won't make the same mistake!
    Really looks worth the price (or more), I may still see if I can do it.
    Nice work for sure.

11. Vengusta95

Vengusta95

Hey guys, really like the asset, great stuff!
    I have a question/problem, does anyone use it together with Game Creator? I can't manage to open doors or windows with the character. I changed the tag in the script to "Player". Not sure what else to try.

Basically, with Game Creator I make a default Player with pre-defined colliders etc. I change the tag for a window/door in their script to "Player" which is the tag of the character and it won't work. I managed to make it work during runtime 1-2 times (kinda happens randomly and of course that disappears when I stop the runtime), also if I don't change ALL windows and doors to the same tag, I get Null Reference for Door scripts Update() function, which wouldn't be a problem to do if I knew that the objects would respond after all changes.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I figured a few things. There are 2 specific things that makes opening doors and windows possible. Hope it helps with solutions.

1: They open when I jump to a specific spot on a specific distance from the object.
    2: If I leave "MainCamera" as the objects script target tag, start the game, pause, change the tag to "Player". (doesn't work if it's "Player" before running the game). First thing I tried is changing "MainCamera" to "Player" inside script, but didn't do anything.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  12. CyberRon

CyberRon

Hi Vengusta95.
    I have the same problem.
    The second version works.
    But that's not solution.

Hi NOT_Lonely.
    Can you add an optimized scene? I have ~35 fps 1080p.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  13. GreaserMonkey

GreaserMonkey

Hi NOT_Lonely

Regarding the FloorLamp prefab, it seems that there's no FloorLamp_ON?

Could you add this to the HQ Retro Farmhouse asset?

14. eric_delappe

eric_delappe

Hi, I am upgrading the project to HDRP, but there doesn't seem to be a cobweb shader. So which shader should I use for the cobweb prefabs?

15. DankP3

DankP3

Overall, a very high quality asset.

These next comments are not a criticism/deficiency of the kit, as I would pay for these modifications/upgrades: 1. attic conversion (wooden internals rather than living decoration and associated changes to roofing) ; 2. Garage/storage barn/utility outhouse structure to match.

Just planting those ideas...
    Thanks

16. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hmm, do you have so low fps with the post processing enabled or not?

17. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

You can simply drag and frop the _ON material version on this object, which is placed in the materials folder.

18. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Just use the standard HDRP shader for it.

19. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,

Thank you for the ideas. I thought about a garage modules, and even have some drafts for them.

20. netpost

netpost

@NOT_Lonely

This is a nice asset. I just have a problem finding the asset in the hierarchy. For example I click on the front door
    and the name of the asset is "door" If I search for "door" in the hierarchy I find hundreds of doors. I am just trying to
    drag the door on the timeline to open and close it but I can not drag it because I can not find it. This is not for a game this is for video production and so I am not looking for any interactive script , I just want to be able to easily find my doors to use animation in the timeline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

21. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,

If you use the modular construction system for the building, you can simply remove all unused stuff after you finish your building using MCS_Manager script. You can find all the insturctions in the readme file. This action will cleanup the hierarchy and you will have only one door per module.

22. netpost

netpost

@NOT_Lonely

Just to be sure, I created an empty object and assigned the NL_MCS_Manager script to it. I dragged all RoomModules
    from all room into it and I am ready to press "Remove unused Modules in Children objects". It is not really clear in the read me files what is a MCS modules... Are they the RoomModules or not? don't want to erase everything. :)

Thank you.

23. netpost

netpost

@NOT_Lonely

I tried the above and I still have hundreds of doors. Do I have to do this for every scene I have many of them. It is gone take a long time.

24. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Could you please show me a screenshot of your problem?

25. netpost

netpost

Yes of course! I took 4 pictures for the results I had when searching for "door" in the hierarchy. But I could send you 100 pictures because there are too many "doors" in the hierarchy window to find the good one.

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      71.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      56.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      78.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      99.2 KB
      Views:
  26. cepoimario280135

cepoimario280135

just purchased your asset and was wondering how would i create a mask for your maskblend_nl shader on a custom object

27. netpost

netpost

@NOT_Lonely

Any update on how to select and open a door with your nice asset? Also I am trying to bake the lightmap using the Progressive GPU but it seems like the "preparing baking" last for ever without baking the lightmaps. Any idea how I can bake the lightmap? Thanks for your help!

28. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Sorry for such a late reply!

If you use the Modular Construction System, you will have this problem with the search. I think that you have not remove unused stuff with the MCS_Manager and you see too much stuff due this.

You should decrease the lightmap resolution to be able to bake it with the progressive lightmapper.

29. yotingo

yotingo

Hello,

How do you change the materials as seen in the video? [color, base wood, coating, dirt, door faces, etc.]

It looks like you're working with Substances but my project just has normal materials. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

30. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi, please look at the readme file that comes with the pack.

31. yotingo

yotingo

Thanks, we were looking at the ReadMe in the Object Placement folder and didn't notice the other one. Then we were having a hard time with the Substance for Unity asset. But in the end, we got it all working.

32. shredingskin

shredingskin

Hi, I've updated to the new package and updated using the HDRP package and it corrupted all the materials in my project (not only the retrofarmhouse ones), I've tried the same in an empty HDRP project (Unity 2020.1.8f1) and the same happened:
    Capture.JPG
    The materials flicker and after opening the inspector start to behave normally, but everytime the project is opened starts to glitch again.
    Luckily after deleting the folder the project behaved normally again.

33. ubermenchi

ubermenchi

I am experiencing something similar. I just installed this product for the first time, and started building a house in my scene. No problems encountered. I realized it was getting late, and so I saved the scene and exited Unity. The next day, I load Unity again, and most of the house materials are messed up. Which textures are shown varies as I move around the scene, but they are rarely the right ones. The exceptions appear to be the exterior walls, and the default hardwood floors. None of the non-house materials were affected.

If I select a wall and drag one of the other wallpaper materials over the default wallpaper_A material, the wallpaper texture for that wall changes, and generally "stabilizes". However, I did this a couple of times, and then dragged a variant arch-and-plinth material over the default one, and set the arches and plinths AND the wall to that material.

This is also with the HDRP pack installed. Other than being the wrong ones, I don't see any other issues with the actual materials in my scene.

What was it you had to delete to fix this?

34. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,

This looks like a Unity or Amplify Shader Editor bug, because some ASE shaders couse this glitches in the Unity standard Lit shader. Sounds crazy, yes. This happens only in SRPs. The regular built-in pipeline works fine.

I've re-created all the custom shaders using Unity's Shader Graph, and now the glitches gone. I've uploaded a new version of the pack, so it will be available very soon (1-3 days maybe). I included an instruction in the "Upgrade to HDRP or URP" txt file, make sure to read it carefully.

I'm sorry for this issue. Hope that everything will be fine!

Thanks!

35. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi everyone,
    New version is already available, here's the change log:

v1.2.1:

- Added full support of URP "out of the box" with the demo scenes;

- Added the Shader Swapper tool, which allows to batch shaders swap in your scene;

- Fixed texture flickering glitches in HDRP and URP (look into the "Upgrade to HDRP or URP" txt file);

- Small improvements to the MCS_Manager script.

Make sure to update if you work in URP or HDRP.

36. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

Hi NOT_Lonely,
    i try to use you awesome package with the URP but i have 2 issues:
    i installed already v1.2.2. and I still have the "texture flickering glitch".
    And there is this bug with the directional light:

(DemoScene)

I think this shadow error only affects the costum shader materials.
    I've tried 3 different unity versions, the last one (with the screenshot) is the Beta version.

EDIT: Found out if i change the cascade count to 1, the shadow bug disappears!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  37. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,

Could you please a screenshot of the Shaders folder of the pack?

38. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

39. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

It looks like you use an old version. Or maybe you updated the pack, but have not removed the old shaders.
    To use actual version, you should:
    1. Remove anything from the Shaders folder;
    2. Upack the URP package which is placed at the root directory of the pack.

This action will override all materials, prefabs and demo scenes of this pack.

40. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

Hi,
    i just did what you wrote. but my shaders are stil the same (with the same dates).
    But im 100% sure i have version 1.2.2 downloaded.

41. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

It's not possible, because the URP package doesn't contain these shaders. I used Shader Graph in the latest version.

42. chrisoooooooooooooooo1

chrisoooooooooooooooo1

Hi,
    i now deleted manualy the downloaded file of the asset and downloaded it again. Now it seem i actually have the newest version! Unity is weird sometimes.
    Thank you!

43. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

I'm happy that you solved this!

44. cmonroy

cmonroy

How about including the instructions on how to setup the scene so that the pink is gone?

45. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

All the instructions placed in the Readme file and Upgrade to HDRP or URP file.

46. cmonroy

cmonroy

Yeah... That is what I was talking about. Following the instructions there may be trivial for someone who has worked with shaders and stuff. I can't even find where I am supposed to click. Maybe I'll return my products...

47. cursedtoast

cursedtoast

Using URP and the latest 2019.4 LTS.
    Fresh project with the demo scenes. After baking the lighting the interior of the house is still very dark.

Should I be doing any extra steps? The readme seems to have steps that are irrelevant to my current pipeline and you mentioned the last update having compatibility "out of the box" -- just want to make sure :)

48. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Hi,

I guess you shoud use auto exposure post-effect to make it looks fine both outside and inside.

But this would be better if you show me some screenshots of your problem, so I can help you for sure.

49. cursedtoast

cursedtoast

Sorry for the delay.
    In the DemoScene_day I get 1911 objects with overlapping UV's.

Also, here's some screenshots, a lot of the house is basically not visible but here's the brightest areas I could find:

upload_2021-1-7_6-14-51.png

upload_2021-1-7_6-18-18.png
    Things pretty much look great outside though:
    upload_2021-1-7_6-16-3.png

I'll try finding and playing with the auto exposure effect.

50. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

Is it looks the same once you just installed the URP package or it looks dark only when you re-bake the lighting?

You can increase the lightmap texel density to minimize this number or just ignore this message, because it doesn't affect anything in this scene.

Yes, this should figure out the issue.