Search Unity

[RELEASED] HouseBuilder - procedural house generator, version 1.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by slamon, Apr 5, 2020.

1. slamon

slamon

Hello everyone!

I'm very glad to share with you a little bit information about my first released Asset - HouseBuilder, procedural house generator.

You can find the asset in store here: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/164924

HouseBuilder is an asset for creating classical buildings with identical floor plans. The asset especially is designed for creating of houses with simple type of facades: mass-apartment blocks, “Khrushchyovka” (old soviet living blocks), “Plattenbau”, NYC- blocks etc.

Honestly I've decided to create this asset when I met a necessity to create buildings for my own project. The main problem was a creating houses based on real floor plans, with real internal rooms and interiors. So, now the problem is done :)

The main feature of the HouseBuilder is the asset allow you create whole building with internal apartments inside, including internal walls, stairs, windows, doors, balconies. Every element can be customized with own parameters and materials (including auto-generated colors for every area).
    The asset contains own floor plan editor with top-down view what allow us to draw floor plans in few minutes.

I have prepared short tutorial videos, you can check it here:

So, I'll be glad to any feedbacks and questions :)

StevenPicard likes this.
  2. slamon

slamon

Hello, everyone!
    Unfortunately, I've been fired from main job via Covid-19, so, I had to temporarily freeze the project last months.
    But it was in the past, and now I'm in game again :)
    So, new update for HouseBuilder, and short changelog here:
    - Added multi floor-plans support
    - Added initial zoom feature for common floor-plan
    - Fixed errors with creating initial folders
    - Increased margin pack for UV to avoid UV-overlapping.

I have a lot of plans for improving the asset next weeks, so, just keep in touch :)

StevenPicard likes this.
  3. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Looks really good!

slamon likes this.
  4. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Did you have an estimated release date?

5. slamon

slamon

6. z3nth10n

z3nth10n

Why it's deprecated from Unity's asset store?

7. slamon

slamon

Hello, z3nth10n!
    Currently I'm working on absolutely new version of the HouseBuilder, which will be released next month. So, just keep in touch :)