Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malbers

Malbers

At the moment that is one of the limitations of HAP.
    It is a feature planned for a future release. I'll be working on combining the Animal AI with the Riding system to make Humans controlled by the Animal Controller to use The Brain also to Mount the Animal. But it wont be any time soon. I'm not there yet.

2. Malbers

Malbers

To get the Speed you can use
    Animal.HorizontalSpeed
    ... that will give you the number.

To get the Speed Modifier, you use
     Animal.CurrentSpeedModifier

With that you will get the Name, Vertical Speed for the Animator... and all the other parameters

waltercl likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

The Arrow Placement can change from Human to human..
    You can change the Projectile Offset Value:
    upload_2021-7-8_14-54-20.png

jaberwocky likes this.
  4. waltercl

waltercl

Thanks!

5. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

Thanks! That worked great for the arrow. But how do I now move the bowstring?

6. waltercl

waltercl

I'm having an issue where my horse just flies straight up into the air. I can't seem to narrow down a cause. The horse can just be idling and then all of a sudden straight up in the air it goes.

Any thoughts?

7. Malbers

Malbers

Can you make a screen recording of the issue? To see if I can reproduce it on my side.

8. Malbers

Malbers

I remembered that besides changing that arrow position there's a Knot Position too.
    Try changing the Position of the Knot Offset on the bow:
    upload_2021-7-19_15-58-35.png

To Keep the Aim active and change values on the Inspector, Change the Aim Input from Press to Toggle:
    upload_2021-7-19_15-59-15.png

Attached Files:

9. waltercl

waltercl

I decided to start with a new horse and so far the problem isn't happening anymore so I'm not going to be concerned about it for now.

Malbers likes this.
  10. tongchimlang

tongchimlang

Hi, How to HAP 4.2 Integrations Game Kit Controller?

11. SubT

SubT

Hi Malbers, I have questions for you. I have been going through your tutorials. I was hoping you could help me with some info about Mobile. I have basically followed your 2018 tutorial about making any mount rideable (desktop) and translated what you say there into a Mobile version. I am kind of stuck and I know its gotta be something easy here. In your Mobile Pegasus there is no Mount Component. On my animals I have added this component. (Also the Mount Base asset is missing it seems but Pegasus has it) but doesn't appear necessary maybe? I can mount my animals and ride them but only if I have the event listeners active on them prior to mounting. Now the Mobile Pegasus works great but, what I cant figure out is how the event listeners get enabled when you mount the Pegasus.??? (You do this in some secret way maybe lol) It seems like it should be happening with something related to the mount button that should enable that component on the Peg. I know I am missing something. So the concise question is "How do I enable event listeners properly on the animal I am mounting at the time of mount like the pegasus?"

12. SubT

SubT

I have solved it by added these Events in the Mount Component. I am not sure if this is correct because the Peg does it without this. But its mysterious as to how. What is the current best way to do this?
    Attached a pic.

Attached Files:

Malbers likes this.
  13. Malbers

Malbers

At the moment no, sorry, I'm focusing on creating more assets this few months.

14. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!
    Thanks for Using the asset

upload_2021-7-31_11-27-8.png

Here's an Updated Tutorial for the Mount Component:

SubT likes this.
  15. SubT

SubT

Hi Malbers,

Thanks for the reply!
    I have done this tutorial thanks for posting it. It's only for PC. As I mentioned I am doing this on mobile.

So the problem with this is:
    Somewhere(I am going to try to track it down today) you are enabling the Malbers input.. which screws up mobile. On mobile you want to disable event listener and enable event listener which I can do. But If I use this technique it sets it back to Malbers input. Where you are enabling Malbers input from? I think I just need to chop that out for mobile. Everything else the same as the tutorial and just enable disable event listener instead from mount script.

Malbers likes this.
  16. SubT

SubT

Found the solution. I attached pic of box to uncheck for anyone that might need to know.

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

Malbers likes this.
  17. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, for Mobile the is recommended to remove completely the Malbers Input Component

18. SubT

SubT

Hi Malbers,
    Thanks again for your support. One problem solved. Next problem is the new update:
    Now movement on the pegasus and horse in my game and in your demo after your new update Aug4th, has caused problems. My spider animates and moves fine(But I added this). I changed nothing in my scene but reimported your asset. The pegasus will fly wings work but animal wont move and legs don't move forward and immobile on the ground. In the air it moves forward but legs are stationary. It is the same for your horses in the mobile demos now. Any idea of an easy fix? I will post if I solve it.

19. Malbers

Malbers

Can you share a Screen Recording of the issue?
    Also do you have any Console errors?

It will give me a better Idea of the issue

20. SubT

SubT

Yes sure. <free validation testing for j000> I can confirm this happens in Unity 3.15f2 with the latest package from the asset store for your asset. in a Clean project with only HAP with URP default settings. By the way I had backed up my other project and its the older version of HAP and it is working. Here you can see what happens in your new version with the mobile pegasus. It is currently broken for all mobile. Can't find what it is either but probably input related.

21. Malbers

Malbers

Here's a video from scratch on how to Import HAP in 2020.3.15f and URP :)

SubT likes this.
  22. SubT

SubT

You are a Champion!!!!! Thanks so much Malbers :) I was missing turning on that component and didn't realize its important to create this!

I've just bought one of your mini dragons and plan on using it also in my game. Thanks again!

Malbers likes this.
  23. SubT

SubT

Hi again. I thought I would let you know about a warning I am seeing since I am developing for iOS. I looked at your shader and it looks ok and I don't see where you are using a negative float value. I am using Amplify so I won't be using your shaders necessarily but I thought you might want to know.

>> Shader warning in 'Malbers/Color4x4': pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them at line 1602 (on metal)

24. Crossway

Crossway

Hi. This asset conflicts with Scion asset! I get below errors when I have both assets inside a project.

Assets\ScionPostProcess\Scripts\InspectorAttributes\Editor\InspectorDecorationsEditor.cs(207,46): error CS1061: 'HelpBoxAttribute' does not contain a definition for 'message' and no accessible extension method 'message' accepting a first argument of type 'HelpBoxAttribute' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\ScionPostProcess\Scripts\InspectorAttributes\Editor\InspectorDecorationsEditor.cs(201,24): error CS0030: Cannot convert type 'Inspector.Decorations.DecorationAttribute' to 'HelpBoxAttribute'

Assets\ScionPostProcess\Scripts\InspectorAttributes\Editor\InspectorDecorationsEditor.cs(203,52): error CS1061: 'HelpBoxAttribute' does not contain a definition for 'width' and no accessible extension method 'width' accepting a first argument of type 'HelpBoxAttribute' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Scion works without any issue but as soon as I import Horse Animset Pro I get these errors.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  25. hayashi09

hayashi09

Hi Malbers,
    Thanks for the great assets.

I'm currently using it in conjunction with Invector, but I can't seem to move it with the Joystick when mounted.
    (I'm not experiencing any problems with the keyboard).

How can I solve this problem?
    I'm having a lot of trouble. Please help me.

Attached Files:

• test.JPG
      test.JPG
      File size:
      26.7 KB
      Views:
  26. hayashi09

hayashi09

Sorry, I set it up as shown in the image to try it out and it worked.
    If I want to keep the keyboard controls as well, what should I do?

Attached Files:

• test.JPG
      test.JPG
      File size:
      27.3 KB
      Views:
  27. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys!
    Apologies for the late reply, I was away for a few days.

Oh I see
    We use the same HelpBoxAtribute name for a class..

Thanks for reporting this.. here's the fix:

Attached Files:

Crossway likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

29. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!
    In case of invector what you need to do is to change all the Inputs from Keyboard to Input... and Match those inputs to Invectors values..

upload_2021-9-8_15-44-32.png

upload_2021-9-8_15-45-20.png

hayashi09 likes this.
  30. Crossway

Crossway

Thank you, but the old versions of Horse Animset was a lot more easier to setup! there was a rider script I could easily assign to my character but now I can't setup this with my own character system.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  31. radiofire

radiofire

Hi Malbers,

Are the HAP animations editable? For example, I want to animate a mounted camel, however, the locomotion is a little different. The legs on the same side move versus with a horse the alternating legs move. Is there a way to assign the animations to different bones?

I saw you had a Facebook post showing that you were able to use HAP to animate a camel correctly, is this still possible? I did some searching but could not find a good video on it.

Thank you for the great animations!! This helps so much as I am mainly a programmer and not an artist or animator.

32. Malbers

Malbers

The Rider script is the same on one with some new features
    upload_2021-9-20_13-22-23.png

Sadly no, in order to use the Horse Animations you need to have the same hierarchy and name conventions for the bones.
    Here are some tutos to re-rig animals to use the same animations as my assets:
    Donkey

Re-Rig Tiger:

The problem with a Camel, is that you will have a Camel walking as a Horse..
    I don't remember that video.. was it this one ?

33. radiofire

radiofire

Thanks Malbers! I'll see if I can try out some re-rigging for my Camel. And yep! It was that video where the Camel is animated correctly.

Malbers likes this.
  34. victorkin11

victorkin11

Playing the demo 2HAP Riding Combat 4 (Experimental), I have a question, can I disable attack when falling?
    Can I disable some modes at some states?
    Do I need to use script to disable it?

Also two more thing! your first post asset store link was broken.
    Why the first post manual link haven't mention in the asset or your web site!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  35. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

This is a Teaser for an upcoming project continuing the Apollo's Dream series.

The video was made with Unity 2019 using the this assets.

36. waltercl

waltercl

Is there a way to reduce the "up and down" motion of the horse. Trying to aim a weapon at a full gallop is very challenging. I know it's realistic, but I'd like to reduce this a little bit if possible.

37. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there! Apologies for the late reply

Yes you can disable modes while they are on a state:
    Use the Affect State Option:
    upload_2021-10-7_18-9-55.png
    This will allow attack only when the animal is on Locomotion or Idle

38. Malbers

Malbers

In what you can do is to have the Camera Target to be different from the ride..
    In HAP I use the as the Camera Target for the Aim Right... a gameobject that is not parented to the Spine of the Horse.
    upload_2021-10-7_18-18-15.png

That makes the Aiming smooth on the Rider
    QBOE76QXzi.gif

39. Denvzla

Denvzla

Hello, I love horse animset pro, I have been working with a previous version for some time, I would like to update, but I use invector and I have noticed that the integration is outdated, I know you have a lot of work, but you could update it, I do not want to have errors in my project, it is already advanced, thank you and I'm sorry...

40. waltercl

waltercl

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What should I set the Camera Target to?

Another thing is I don't have the aim setup. I'm using a custom First Person Controller. Can I use your aim functionality?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  41. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!

Yes, with the last update, once again the Integration with Invector is broken :(

I'll be working on it today :)
    I'll post it here when it's ready.

42. Malbers

Malbers

If you set your camera target to be the Rider's Transform, or the Rider's head transform, all that UpDown movement will be shown on the Camera

You need to have your camera target set to a transform that does not move Up and Down.
    Luckily on the Horse, there's a Transform called Camera Target... that only follows the Horse Forward and Horizontal movement. That transform should be the camera target when the Rider is mounting the horse.

43. waltercl

waltercl

I'm wondering if the issue has something to do with the fact that I'm using my own first person cameras that are attached to my character.

Any thoughts about that?

44. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, that's actually the issue, Just like your character is attached to the horse Spine when mounting,
    The camera will inherit the spine movement,

That's why on the HAP demos, when you use the Bow or the Pistol while riding; The camera follows the "Camera Target" Transform on the Horse, instead of the Rider's Transform.

The solution is, when your character mounts the Horse, change the Camera so its child of the horse, instead of the Rider.
    You can use the events from the Rider Component, so you can know when to change your camera

waltercl likes this.
  45. Malbers

Malbers

Horse Animset Pro and Invector Integration has been updated to the latest version of both assets
    :: **HAP (4.2.6d) Invector Shooter Template (2.6.0b)**::

Cheers!

Denvzla and dsilverthorn like this.
  46. Denvzla

Denvzla

thank you very much, I love it

47. victorkin11

victorkin11

Thank for your answer!

I have other 2 problem!!

1). Can I check 2 key combine for some action? A+B, or Ctrl + Space etc.
    2). What should I do to equip the weapon by script? I try to read the manual, but no luck!
    I try to use MWeaponManager.Holster_Equip(Holster ID), then MInventory.Equipltem(int) but it don't work!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  48. Malbers

Malbers

This one is a bit tricky but it can be done
    Let's try A+B
    You need to create a second Input but it should be Inactive.. And connect the Input Down and Up Events to enable and Disable that Second Input
    upload_2021-10-15_19-38-25.png

That will make the second Input only active when the First Input is Press Down:
    D8oewmAeOT.gif
    Your logic... attach it to the second Input (B)

victorkin11 likes this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

To Equip a using scripts there are 2 ways..

If you are Using Holsters:
    Use
    MWeaponManager.SetWeapon(GameObject Weapon)

You can see it on the Interaction Trigger here:
    upload_2021-10-15_19-44-16.png

That will add the Weapon to the Holster...
    After that you call the
    MWeaponManager.Holster_Equip(Holster ID).

50. victorkin11

victorkin11

Thank for you answer!