Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

hello! So I wanted to edit the animation since you don't include In place animations for turn left/Right and some of the others but I am having issues with getting the bones to be visible. I tried both blender and maya and it looks the same in both. Do you know what might be the issue?

Attached Files:

2. Malbers

Malbers

Actually the Prefab for Synty Hap is outdated ;)
    I sent to Sytny team the updated prefab last week,
    But here's the new one..

Attached Files:

Vaupell likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

For Maya and 3Ds Max here's how you can use the animations:

I don't use blender but I hope it has something similar ;)

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    AhmadMcreator likes this.
  4. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Thank you so much! :D :D :D

Malbers likes this.
  5. danielbui78

danielbui78

Hi! Thanks so much for these wonderful assets! I used your horse and rider animations to build animations for a Centaur character. After a lot of effort, it appears to be working well, but a I have few issues that I need help to solve. Here is what I have so far:

The model itself is from Daz Studio, and I have re-rigged/skinned the centaur's body to use your horse skeleton as the base. The human torso still uses the skeleton from Daz Studio and is mounted to the third Spine segment of your horse skeleton. My original idea was to use two separate avatars (human torso and horse body) and mount the human torso to the horse body using modified versions of your scripts, but in order to make the vertices seamless, I would have to add in extra bone blending between humanoid-rigged torso and generic-rigged horse body, otherwise there would be gaps between the two models like in this video:

(Gaps visible at about 51 seconds)

So my current solution is to use a combined generic-rigged centaur skeleton, then convert humanoid-rigged animations over to the centaur's torso using Animation Converter by Soxware. This works well, but is very time-consuming and requires additional disk-storage for the converted centaur torso animations. One idea that I would like to test in the future is using an invisible humanoid skeleton that is mounted to the centaur body that is animated with a humanoid-rigged avatar. I would then blend the bone positions/rotations onto the visible model of the generic-rigged centaur torso. If you have any comments or suggestions for joining the skeletons please let me know.

One of my issues I have not yet been able to resolve is getting stuck on small branches and rocks:

(Stuck multiple times on rocks at about 23 seconds)

I have been searching for several days trying to find where your scripts do collision detection, but I guess I am not smart enough to find it, hehe. I would like to modify the code to determine collisions based on hoof position, so that I can maybe add IK to it in the future. I would rather not have to hard-code the scene to disable collision detection against these small objects, since then I would have to repeat that process for every custom character with different body proportions or limb types. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks again for the great product!!

6. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Hi!
    So I was wondering how you added the root bone to the UE4 assets without messing up the animation since I jumped over to the dark side and don't really want to rebuy everything again :oops:

Malbers likes this.
  7. Vaupell

Vaupell

I can't find the audio source on the HAP prefabs.. And the horse sounds i would like to add them to the audiomixer for control.

It shows up at runtime, but not easy to assign the audio mixer when not availible ;)

upload_2021-1-27_20-17-12.png

EDIT.. Nevermind,,

Found out, if i add one in the editor, it will actually use that :D Thanks for great asset.

Malbers likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

That is just incredible!! OMG that look incredible!!!
    I'm re-tweaking the issue with the small debris on the ground that has something to do with the slope that the animal handle...
    (a fast Hack/solution is to set all those small debris to the Tag = Stair) that way the animal will have better movement with those small colliders

hopeful and danielbui78 like this.
  9. wood333

wood333

I'm clearing out the errors and warnings from my project, and I have two warnings that seem related to Invector integration. The are:

HAP link err 1.PNG HAP link err 2.PNG

Can you advise me on this?

10. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!
    Apologies for the late reply, I'm travelling these days and a bit short of internet. I'll be back home next monday ;)

I'll be checking the integration again later this week. Since Invector has released a new Update and it has broken the current Integration.
    I'm releasing too a new version of HAP this week with tons of fixes and new features. which I need to finish first before working on the Integration

wood333 likes this.
  11. wood333

wood333

I have frozen my project at unity 2018.4.25. I am using HAP version 4.2.2c with Invector Shooter 2.5.5. Everything is working, I just don't like seeing the red warning in the console.

12. Denvzla

Denvzla

Hi there,
    I am using:
    Third Person Shooter 2.5.5
    Horse Animset Pro 4.2.2c
    Animal Controller 1.2.2c
    HAP 4.2.2
    shoother weapon does not harm animals or horses,
    mele weapon if they damage

13. Malbers

Malbers

⭐Invector's and Horse Animset Pro integrations has being updated to their latest versions
    (HAP 4.2.3 - Invector 2.5.6)

This also includes a new sample scene with the integration with Animal Controller Check both guides here: https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/integrations Enjoy!

I have also on the guide how to make damage with projectiles
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i...tions/animals-controller-invector#projectiles

Denvzla and dsilverthorn like this.
  14. Denvzla

Denvzla

Hello, it's me, again
    Excuse my question,
    I have a big map, an open world
    Is there a way for animals to walk around the map randomly without following a specific point?
    or it all comes down to placing a waypoint all over the map, it is somewhat slow

15. Malbers

Malbers

I'm creating a Wandering Area behaviour that does not require waypoints, thanks for the Idea
    Since it has been a common suggestion this week ;)

About Interaction points like the Zones that will need to be added mannually.

About the getting slow, sadly that has to do with the use of the NavMesh, since its a big one, that makes the Pathfinding calculation to be slow..

I suggest you use the new Nav Mesh components which they can create runtime NavMeshes.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  16. Denvzla

Denvzla

Thanks, hope it's ready soon. let me know, I will stop placing animals and dedicate myself to something else while I wait for your update

dsilverthorn likes this.
  17. Malbers

Malbers

Almost done! It will be ready for this Monday HotFix
    It was a very highly requested feature these past few weeks actually ;)

dsilverthorn and Denvzla like this.
  18. Denvzla

Denvzla

[QUOTE = "Malbers, publicación: 6830219, miembro: 905484"] ¡Casi terminado! Estará listo para este lunes HotFix
    Fue una característica muy solicitada en las últimas semanas. ;)
    [MEDIA = transmisible] ogp1fz [/ MEDIA] [/ QUOTE]
    it looks amazing ;), if you could add the animal spawn option it would be perfect.:D

19. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Awesome! Love it!

You have filled a void in AI and I really appreciate it!!!:)

20. Malbers

Malbers

New Update is live!
    1.2.4(AC) - 15 Feb 4.2.4(HAP) 2021

• Added: OnFocused, Delay and CoolDown parameters Interactable component.
    • Added: OnFocused, parameter Interactor component.
    • Fixed: If the animal was falling while using AI and it landed, it executed the Arrive code, without arriving to the final destination
    • Fixed: When using NavMesh Components new system(GitHub) and Null Reference was thrown when the new NavMeshLink.
    • Improved: MDamageable Reaction Logic.
    • Removed: Remain State parameter on the Brain Component.
    • Added: ResetInputSource to the Animal Controller.
    • Added: Empty string check on the Scene Editor Manager Script.
    • Fixed: Hurt UI Prefab was missing an Event connection with the Float Comparer
    • Fixed: Ai Control Resume Agent needed to Enable the Agent first, when finish a mode
    • Modified: Underwater Try activate uses MovementAxis <Smoothed> instead of <Raw>
    • Added: ModeAngle to PlayModeTask;
    • Added: MAnimalAIControl.NullTarget()
    • Added: Fly State LandOn Layer Mask (To also land on water)
    • Fixed: AlwaysForward was disconnected.
    • Fixed: Pressing Backwards input + <CameraInput = false> causes a null reference exception
    • Improved: Jump Basic Logic
    • Removed: Pickable component -> Drop, Pick Animal Reactions; to avoid dependencies with the Animal Controller, now they can be used on the Unity Events
    • Improved: Transform Animation Tweener .
    • Fixed: Sprint was Degenerated while the animal was not Moving
    • Added: Custom Inspector to Waypoints
    • Modified: New Beta version of the Unity Input System Integration <Check Guide>
    • FOLDERS REORGANIZED .
    • All Scripts Components have [AddComponent ] properly organized
    HAP

• Fixed: OnStartMounted on the Rider the Mount Trigger was not assigned.
    • Improved: Some tweaks to the Walk, Canter, Trot, Gallop and Sprint animations back legs
    • Added: MWeapons RightHanded is now a scriptable bool (Requested by HeyBishop! ;) )

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  21. wood333

wood333

I use unity 2018.4.25, and HAP version 4.2.2c with Invector Shooter 2.5.5. Everything is working fine in the editor, but I just did a PC build and the only item missing from the build is the Horse Realistic (can be called) that we use. It's just not in the scene? Any help?

EDIT: It seems the horse may be in the build after all. However it would be about 2000 meters above expected y position. Seems there is some deleterious interaction between Weather Maker and HAP. With Weather Maker active the HAP horses fly up into the high y skies. By changing the layer of Weather Maker to Ignore Raycast, done arbitrarily, one of the prefab horses stays functioning on the ground, the Horse Realistic. The Horse (Can Be Called) still flies into the air, and the mobile horse can be mounted, but not ridden. So, for now, we shall dispense with the (Can Be Called) mount, and use the plain "Horse Realistic" which functions within expected parameters.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Malbers and dsilverthorn like this.
  22. MasonWheeler

MasonWheeler

I'm looking at the weapon system. Is there any way to make it work with AI? Specifically, I'd like a way for an NPC to be able to throw a MShootable projectile such that it will hit a specified target Transform. Is that supported?

23. creat327

creat327

Is there an update for URP? I was using this on mobile without problem, I switched to URP and everything seems ok except for the tail. The anisotropic/circular shader doesn't work on URP. Any fix for that would be awesome, everything else is ok.

24. Malbers

Malbers

25. Malbers

Malbers

At the moment no, there's no AI while riding, at least by default.

26. Malbers

Malbers

You can modify the Layers interaction and eliminate all interactions between the Animal Layer and the Layer that asset is using.
    upload_2021-3-24_20-31-29.png

wood333 likes this.
  27. wood333

wood333

Weather Maker was in Ignore Raycast and I placed the Horse Realistic (can be called) in the Animal layer and unchecked the intersection between those layers. So far so good. Thanks for the tip.

Malbers likes this.
  28. waltercl

waltercl

I'd like to turn off all horse sounds unless the rider is within one of the colliders or is mounted. Is there a way to do that?

29. Malbers

Malbers

The Horse Idle Sounds are activated by the Animator using the Sound Behavior on the Idles:
    upload_2021-3-30_17-14-17.png

What you can do is to Add a Audio Source Component to the Horse:
    upload_2021-3-30_17-16-5.png
    Change the Min and Max Distance to a very low values, also the Spatial Blend to 1

and Finally if you needed Disable that Audio Source when the Rider is not around

30. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Malbers likes this.
  31. mandisaw

mandisaw

Hi @Malbers - Noticed HAP version (4.2.4c, from March) on the Store is out-of-sync with the AC version (1.2.4d, from April). Is there a mismatch, or is that up-to-date?

32. rolfy01

rolfy01

I have noticed when you call horse then stop the animal that call stops working thereafter. Whistle works but the horse just stands....looking at you as if to say do your own walking buddy. Demo call horse has this bug too.
    Maybe I have changed something unknowingly.

33. Malbers

Malbers

The Call Animal works as a Toggle Call, one calls the horse and the other stops him.
    If you call once the horse will follow you forever. Press call again and it will stop the horse from following

But Try this new update with a lot of goodies and tiny fixes

The new Update is live!! :cool::p
    1.2.5(AC) - 4.2.5(HAP) - 3 April 2021 (Last Minor Update)

https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/changelog

34. rolfy01

rolfy01

I think we misunderstood, when I press to call the horse he comes and when I press again he stops, the problem is he doesn't follow again when called after stopping. The call stops working, you can test this in the Call Horse demo. I had put it aside for a bit to do other work so not entirely sure anymore what check boxes available for set up, but I know for sure I don't want the horse following everywhere by default after being called. I just recently updated to 2019x from 2018x to take advantage of the new controllers available and I remember it all working fine in earlier versions :)

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  35. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I'm getting 6 core errors after bringing HAP into a new project.
    Any ideas what I missed?
    Unity 2019.4.25 HAP core errors.JPG

36. girlinorbit

girlinorbit

Is it possible to remove one of the mounting animations? I've changed out the camera and I'd like to remove the animation where the character slides off the back of the horse, so that it only dismounts from the sides.

37. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys!
    Apologies for the late reply... I was travelling back home these days. (Roadtrip). That's why I didn't answer you sooner..

In case you had some Upgrading errors the best approach to solve them do this:
    upload_2021-5-8_10-51-6.png

Yes!

On the Mount Triggers you can change the way they dismount by changing the Dismount ID
    upload_2021-5-8_10-52-6.png
    Change the dismount ID on the Back Mount Trigger to another you want.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  38. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

39. Rowlan

Rowlan

Since someone on discord had the same problem recently, here's an important information about Trax: If you use LODs, then the last LOD is being used. So if the LOD is culled, you won't see any tracks. Just duplicate one of the horse LODs instead of the culled and set its layer to be the one to render in trax instead of the actual horse.

Example:

lod 1.jpg

This will not give you any tracks. For the player's horse I tend to remove all LODs. In that example right click on LOD 1 and click delete, then drag the right edge of LOD 0 up to the right end.

trax.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  40. victorkin11

victorkin11

Some How your first post asset store link was wrong!!

41. victorkin11

victorkin11

I have some problem using HAP with other asset, mostly is physic plugin, error message it:

"MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'SphereCollider' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.MRider.ToogleColliders (System.Boolean active) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Riding System/Rider/MRider.cs:889)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.MRider.Start_Mounting () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Riding System/Rider/MRider.cs:574)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.MountBehavior.OnStateEnter (UnityEngine.Animator animator, UnityEngine.AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, System.Int32 layerIndex) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Riding System/Rider/MountBehavior.cs:44)"

most of this kind of plugin will create some temporary SphereCollider, maybe delete it later when not use. it that HAP will scan and remember the rig SphereCollider and reuse it later?! Can I use layer to ignore it?

42. victorkin11

victorkin11

Also I have some mounting problem. since I try to use different asset to work with HAP, there are a lot of different collider, it there any guide how to work with HAP with other collider, layer or something?

https://youtu.be/a3-m6-bSkNo

Malbers likes this.
  43. victorkin11

victorkin11

I find the reason, because I have some hair collider set to water layer, so the horse go to swimming state.

Malbers likes this.
  44. graphicsayy97

graphicsayy97

hello, i like your asset alot.

how do we figure out which bone our rig is mounted by ? is it root bone of animator component or can we switch?

I make small gnome character and he is in the middle of the saddle, i need custom mount point for my smaller people, how can we change this dynamically so saddle correctly adjusts to custom transform on model instead of locking it to one bone (I have mount point different to each sized people)
    i want mount point to find each character size "sitting bone"

45. Malbers

Malbers

Oh that's a great suggestion, at the moment there no "Mounting Profiles" for different character sizes, but that's a great Idea!!
    I'll add it to my to do list... for the next update

46. victorkin11

victorkin11

I got error message when create jump state, but it only happen as jump state, I have no problem to create other state, so I make a folder as the message say "African_elephant Jump", then it work, I think it is a bug, since all the other state except jump create at asset folder with the right name, this on it just call "Basic Jump".

"Parent directory must exist before creating asset at Assets/African_elephant Jump/Basic Jump.asset.
    UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
    MalbersAnimations.Controller.MAnimalEditor:AddState (System.Type,string) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Editor/Animal/MAnimalEditor.cs:1486)
    MalbersAnimations.Controller.MAnimalEditor/<>c__DisplayClass136_0:<OnAddCallback_State>b__0 () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Editor/Animal/MAnimalEditor.cs:1311)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string[],int)

Parent directory must exist before creating asset at Assets/African_elephant Jump/Basic Jump.asset.
    UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
    MalbersAnimations.Controller.MAnimalEditor:AddState (System.Type,string) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Editor/Animal/MAnimalEditor.cs:1486)
    MalbersAnimations.Controller.MAnimalEditor/<>c__DisplayClass136_0:<OnAddCallback_State>b__0 () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Editor/Animal/MAnimalEditor.cs:1311)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string[],int)"

Malbers likes this.
  47. o3428320d

o3428320d

Hello, the asset is great.
    I have a question.
    If it is possible to have a NPC riding a horse with AI.
    As I try to make a NPC mounted on the horse, the horse doesn't move with AI.
    Once I don't mount the NPC on the horse, the horse can move with AI.
    Any help?

48. jaberwocky

jaberwocky

I have replaced the Cowboy character with an UMA Avatar and it works great. Riding and all of the weapons are working except for the bow. The character can collect the bow, can arm the bow, can shoot arrows, etc. The only thing that is not working is drawing the bowstring and the placement of the arrow. I checked the Cowboy skeleton to see if I was missing a mount point or something, but I didn't find anything. I can also not understand from the code how drawing back the bowstring before releasing the arrow works. Is there a guide or can someone help me?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    Malbers likes this.
  49. waltercl

waltercl

Is there an easy way to get the speed of the horse? I tried getting the velocity.magnitude of the rigidbody on the horse but the numbers I get back are erratic. I could do with just knowing which of the 5 speeds it is in. I calculate hit probability based on the speed that a player is going on the horse. The faster they're riding then the harder it is to hit them with a weapon.

50. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much for reporting this... Indeed is a inspector bug from the last HotFix:
    Here's the fix

Attached Files: