Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mik52

mik52

Are there any tutorials for making the horse swim.

2. Grant151

Grant151

What about footstep sounds? Is there a general property to control all volume - idle and footsteps at the same time.

3. transat

transat

4. amit-chai

amit-chai

Please help! I have tried to follow the basic integration with Opsive TPC. I have managed to mount, but can't use the weapons after mounting. I can't find any suitable package for Opsive.

5. Malbers

Malbers

Okey I think is due to the fact that your controller is still active and doing stuff while is on the Horse... that is why I recommend to "Put it to Sleep" or disable it while is Riding.
    By put to sleep I mean... disable internally all input movement for the controller, actions like jump, crouch, etc... every feature that may affect the riding system.

THose were the old version of Opsive Controllers which are no longer supported... t
    he New integration for UCC is under construction and it should be ready my the end of this month.at least the Riding Logic... (no Combat while riding.. just the Riding)

Same as @transat
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i.../general-hap-integration#disabling-components

6. Malbers

Malbers

7. Malbers

Malbers

Here's the unofficial integration for the new Opsive TCP which I'm using as a guide for the official one
    https://github.com/JAZ-inc/HorseAnimsetPro-Integration-OpsiveTPC

amit-chai likes this.
  8. amit-chai

amit-chai

I tried it, going to try again.. any other guide or package? or idea why the weapons aren't t working while mounting. I see the horse kicking so I assume he got the controller. so how to enable also the weapons?
    If I disable the UltimateCharacterLocomotion than actually the weapon controls are disabled as well. what could I do?

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  9. Malbers

Malbers

The Undead Horse will have a Knight ^^
    upload_2020-5-15_20-48-54.png

CoyoteFringe and gearedgeek like this.
  10. Malbers

Malbers

the guide is on the readyme files right there on the Github.
    The problem with using weapons while mounting is that the UCC system is really complicated to integrate with the Riding Combat logic.

11. mik52

mik52

Malbers likes this.
  12. Grant151

Grant151

@Malbers Hi again! I see the regular horse sounds, but how do I control the footstep sounds?

Malbers likes this.
  13. Grant151

Grant151

Oops, found it myself. Its in the StepsManager script on the main horse.

Malbers likes this.
  14. mbussidk

mbussidk

Hi @Malbers I imported Invector 2.5.2 and HAP 4.0.9 with the latest integration package in a new project and the demo scene throws an error. Whenever I try to mount the horse I get this error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable m_root of MRider has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the m_root variable of the MRider script in the inspector.
    3. UnityEngine.Transform.set_localPosition (UnityEngine.Vector3 value) (at <480508088aee40cab70818ff164a29d5>:0)
    4. MalbersAnimations.HAP.MRider.End_Mounting () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Riding System/Rider/MRider.cs:470)
    5. MalbersAnimations.HAP.MountBehavior.OnStateExit (UnityEngine.Animator animator, UnityEngine.AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, System.Int32 layerIndex) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Riding System/Rider/MountBehavior.cs:107)
    and the character jumps in the air before settling on the saddle, and then the horse doesn't move at all

15. Malbers

Malbers

New version with tons of new goodies and Bug fixes are live on the store:)
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/annex/changelog

1.1.6(AC) - <2020 May 2020> (HAP 4.09)
    • Added: Custom Up Down Axis to the Animal Controller. Used on Mobile Up Down Buttons for Flying
    • Improved Movement Logic for the Animal when moving with Direction.
    • Added: Damager transform to the IMDamage Interface (To know who's doing the damage)
    • Removed CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT (is obsolete)
    • Fixed: Shader Water .. now its made with ASE (it was causing issues with URPL)
    • Fixed: State.EnterAnimation() method. Some State weren't modifying the AnimTags
    • Fixed: Sometimes modes where entering twice on the Animator, causing invoking events twice.
    • Added: Tags Static Method: GetGameObjects by Tag
    • Fixed: Underwater Check for water even though the animal is not on the water.
    • Added: AiAnimalControl.SetDestination(Vector3Var newDestination)
    • Fixed: Ai Animal control does not control anymore the speed changes.
    • Added: Timeline integration.
    • Added: MTimelineManager Component.
    • Added: Zone warning when an animal cannot activate an Mode/Action Zone
    • Modified: Check for null reference on the Aim and LookAt components
    • Added: Scriptable Variable Material_List
    • Fixed: When Animals were grouped on an Empty GameObject, the Attack triggers used the first Animal on the hierarchy. (SOLVED).
    • Added: Update Input Source method on the Animal (Rewired Integration)
    • Fixed: Brain was throwing errors when Waypoints were removed at runtime. SOLVED
    • Added: GetResource method to the Malbers tools.
    • Added: Custom Tags to Zones. Only Animal with the zone tag can interact with it.
    • Fixed: The way the wolf rotates In Place when change the speed abruptly
    • Added: Root Gameobject Reference for the Rider. This may cause issues with characters that have the Animator in places different from the Rider component
    • Added: Drag on Area Mobile joystick.
    • Fixed: Unwanted falling From Edge while going uphill. FINALLY!!!
    • Added: Anti-Fall Feature to the Locomotion state (For animals without a Fall State) E.g. Elephant
    • Improved: Try Activate Condition on the Idle and Locomotion State
    • Fixed: Gravity Bug when the animal get the head sucked on a ledge.
    • Small Optimizations to all MAnimal public Properties.
    • Added: HasMalbersTag extension to transform and gameobject
    • Added: Animal.HasState(string stateName)
    • Added: Malbers Menu > Upgrade Malbers Shaders to URLP/HRLP
    • Added: Step Manager can now Instantiate Tracks too, instead of using one Particlesystem.
    • Added Height Optional Parameter to the Animal Controller
    • Added Height Parameter to the Zone Component.
    • Added: Affect Stat on the Fall State (E.G. Reduce Health by Fall Distance)
    <HAP>
    • Fixed: Sometime an Error was thrown on Straight mount when the animal was dismounting.
    • Added: Mount→ Disable Mount Triggers.
    • Fixed: UI on the Demo scene was disconnected . (Arrows and Bullet Count)

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    dsilverthorn and hopeful like this.
  16. mbussidk

mbussidk

That was simple to solve... In the Rider component, Advanced tab, the references are not set for Animator, RigidBody and Rider Root. Once set to the Invector character everything works!

17. Malbers

Malbers

Yes, the reference was missing

I have also updated the Invector's Integration to the latest version

18. creat327

creat327

Since yesterday, compiling for Android devices I get a shader error:
    Shader error in 'Malbers/Anisotropic/Circular': Duplicate system value semantic definition: input semantic 'SV_POSITION' and input semantic 'VPOS' at line 144 (on gles)
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

Using unity 2019.3.14f1

It was working fine before. Any ideas?

19. Malbers

Malbers

Are you using the Default Renderer or HRP/URP

I've change some parameters on the Amplify shader for the Circular shader

Here's the old version:

Attached Files:

20. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, iam using HDRP installed HAP and use tools UPGRADE but still playground is landscape and other stuff is pink :( PLEASE HELP

21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

After I converted Project materials to UDRP with the tool under renderpipline, the forest level looks normal but the animals are all black

22. Malbers

Malbers

23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Yes I did. On your Website is only tutorial for URP but iam using HDRP and having problems. In URP its working.

24. Malbers

Malbers

If you have something black like this after changing all the materials to HDRP and upgrading Malbers Shaders to HDRP
    upload_2020-5-22_20-54-32.png
    is because HDRP need a bit extra steps..

i just copy the volumes and light from the sample scene
    and drop it to the demo scene on the horse
    upload_2020-5-22_20-57-36.png

and copying that you should get something like this:
    upload_2020-5-22_20-59-14.png

Attached Files:

pushingpandas likes this.
  25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Thank you! That helped

Malbers likes this.
  26. Grant151

Grant151

@Malbers Hey again! I see that in the Awake() of AnimalLogic, the mount is looking for the main camera, and if it does not find one it throws an error and the mount stops working at all. I sometimes need to load the level without a player in it and without the camera. The camera and player would be added afterwards. This results in the horse breaking, since in the awake it does not find a camera (it is not loaded to the level yet) and gives an error. Is there anyway to make the horse start its logic after I trigger it (for me it would be after I load the player to the scene)?

The only way it works now, is to load the horse after loading the player, but I need to load the horse first, and only then load the player. Any suggestions?

Malbers likes this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there good to know that those throws an error :)
    What you can do is change the camera code to Start()

and when you have the animal on the scene Disable the gameobject entirely, then after you have the Level completely loaded, Enable back the Animal GameObject

28. Grant151

Grant151

Yeah, that is my solution right now - have the horse disabled in the scene, until the player is loaded. This is not ideal, but works for now.

Malbers likes this.
  29. Malbers

Malbers

30. transat

transat

@Malbers Looks nice!

If I set the rider's root in the Rider component, then he disappears(or switches to first person?) when I dismount the horse. Could be something to do with my WIP integration with Kinematic Character Controller but thought I'd check. I'm having a fair bit of trouble with this integration btw. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has tried.

31. transat

transat

@Malbers can you please explain how the 'Update Type' field works on MRider? Why is it set to 'everything'? Related to this... I've also noticed that my fixed update character controller switches to Animate Physics when the character mounts the horse (presumably because the horse Animator is set to that?) and stays that way when it dismounts instead of going back to 'normal'... which makes the character go crazy. Any chance you get make it so the original update type gets reset?

32. Malbers

Malbers

The update type what is does is to re-position the Rider to the Mount Point Position and Rotation..

If is set to Update... it will do it on the Update Cycle,
    if is set to Fixed Update it will reposition the Rider on the Fixed Update cycle.
    if is set to None it won't reposition the rider at all, but make sure the Rider is Set to be parent to the mount.

Yes! if the Horse uses AnimatePhysics then the rider must use it to while is on the horse. You can change the Horse to Use Update Animator to Normal too.

If the Rider is using Normal Mode on the Animator, it will reset to the Original Update Type when dismounting:

Is it not reseting on your side?

33. transat

transat

No. It's not resetting!

Regarding the Update Type, when would someone choose "everything"... which appears to be the default? And are there any disadvantages to having the horse on normal as opposed to animate physics?

Edit: I'm noticing that when on "normal" the horse starts shaking up and down when my character gets too close and then it disappears below the terrain. :-/

Edit 2: probably because of my faulty integration actually! I'll report back after I've had a closer look!

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  34. transat

transat

My character switching back to Animate Physics was an error at my end. However, regardless of what I set the Rider's update to be, I've noticed it switches to "mixed" with both "fixed update" and "late update" activated because of line 255 in MRider.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  35. Malbers

Malbers

That is because you must have some colliders pushing the horse Down, Usually when mounting the horse you should turn off all your colliders con the Rider... or set your Rider RB to Kinematic :) (Physics is a mean lady)

If you have your Parent to Mount of your Rider... you can also check Nothing on the Update Type.

transat likes this.
  36. transat

transat

My character controller doesn't have a rigidbody! I'm using KCC.
    Setting the Rider's Update Type to nothing works though (it stays that way after mounting) now that I've figure out that Rider's Root is my Character's transform and not its Root bone. :)
    I can leave the horse on Animate Physics if setting it to normal is problematic for my character, though I'll experiment with disabling the character's collider and/or ability to interact with rigidbodies when it gets within mounting range.
    Cheers. Getting closer I feel.

Malbers likes this.
  37. mik52

mik52

I'm using Invector with hap. When I dismount the horse my character takes damage. I've tried disabling the character controller while dismounting but that didn't work.

38. Malbers

Malbers

Your Invector Character is losing health? that's strange...
    Please check the components you have on your disable list..

39. vorokoi

vorokoi

Strange occurrences of fall damage were addressed in more recent versions of Invector, but perhaps this scenario is still bringing it up - anyways, that's what it is, fall damage. Try disabling/zeroing it out until dismount completes

Malbers likes this.
  40. EXR0

EXR0

Hello @Malbers, I bought your asset quite a while ago and was trying to make it work for multiplayer, managed to get movement working and all that's left is mounting behavior for other players.

However, due to the code for HAP being extremely messy, this is hardly possible to achieve due to the mass amounts of comments with flooded space, lists that can be made read-only, unused variables, and such.
    Therefore I am trying to make my own version of HAP; consider it a scaled-down version with basically just moving around, dismount/mount, reins, material changer, and that.

Only some issues though, when I tried to activate the Jump state (Set State -> 2) and use it, it only jumps halfway.
    Is there a solution for this that doesn't require me to use HAP's codebase and isn't super complicated?
    Thanks!

41. TheWarper

TheWarper

Hi, is there a fast way to control the horse without the rider? I've been looking around but can't find anything about this.

Thanks!

42. mikhail_suvorov

mikhail_suvorov

Hi, you can enable MalbersInput Script on the horse. Remove or Disable Rider Object. Also don't remember set target on FreeLookCameraRig object from MFreeLookCamera Script as CameraTarget Object - is child of horse.

TheWarper and Malbers like this.
  43. Penhoat

Penhoat

Hey everyone, any reason this is on sale in the US, but not the UK?
    Friend of mine in the US told me it was on sale, but in the UK it isn't?

44. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys I'm back
    I'm was a bit busy with a trip I'm preparing for next week to visit my family in another state :)
    is a 8H drive,I'm going away this next monday... and I'll be back in a week.

Jumps for the Animals are root Motion based.
    You can take a look here to see how they properly work:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i...ain-components/manimal-controller/states/jump

What @simplelogiccompany said ;)

I'm in South America and is not in sale either

45. KingCeryn

KingCeryn

Having an issue trying to add my own mesh- it all works properly, except the Jump.

Basically it keeps snapping back to the "origin" point. I think it has something to do with the Jump animations, basically its sending the mesh too far, then warping back slightly. any way to fix that?

46. transat

transat

@Malbers when my character gets parented or unparented from the mount, its scale changes from 1,1,1 to something very slightly different each time. But my character controller needs it to stay exactly on 1. Do you know what might be causing this?

47. KingCeryn

KingCeryn

That sounds like the size of the seat mount is not 1,1,1

your player is 1,1,1 so it takes the new value of the parent, and then when it comes out it retains the new value, most liekly.

48. transat

transat

I’ll check but from memory the values we’re changing a bit randomly so I don’t think it’s that. I’m currently using the unscaled prefab horse on any case.

49. transat

transat

@TaylorCaudle Checked and that's not where the problem lies. The seat mount point is set to 1,1,1. Any other ideas?

50. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys I'm back home!

Can you make a video of the issue?

When you say add your own mesh is it for the horse, or for the rider?

Try using the Riding system without parenting the Rider to the horse:
    Here:
    upload_2020-7-10_10-37-31.png