Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ptmarks

ptmarks

@dsilverthorn
    I'm working off of this video preview to the Brain AI,

and from the video series on his Animal Controller starting with this video (there are three videos)

This has pointed me in the right direction to start doing similar animations you are describing. It's a work in progress, but there is a lot of info in the videos. Hope this helps.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  2. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks, I will follow your lead and look at them too.

Malbers likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

Here's a tutorial I worked on for the brain feature:

I'm working on the Docs :) meanwhile

For the AI you just need to add 2 components:
    the Animal AI Control.. which is the logic for moving around a Nav mesh (Without the Malbers Input or Player Input)
    and the new AI Brain which is based on the Tanks Pluglable Scriptable AI from Unity
    And also the NavMesh Agent ... that's it.
    Try checking the Tutorial to see how you can make it work :) I think is quite simple.... but if you have any questions please let me know..

Yes... you can use any other model... but you need to convert them to Malbers Animals ... (it can be also converted to mount with HAP)
    Here are the tutorials:

dsilverthorn likes this.
  4. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Malbers Now please do a plugin for that Invector Shooter/Melee can kill these things :)

Malbers likes this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

on the Rider Script is the reference
    Just use:
    if (mrider.IsRiding)
    Manimal animal = mrider.Montura.Animal

transat likes this.
  6. Malbers

Malbers

it is on my to do list...
    First I need to finish Ootii's and UCC integrations

SickaGames1 likes this.
  7. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys!

Thanks to Game Creator I found this GitHub Book thingy and I'm in love!!
    Now I can do a decent Documentation for the assets .. instead of the crappy Google doc I Had...

Here's a preview:
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.io/animal-controller/riding/hap-riding-system

I'm dedicating 2h daily just for the new documentation...

Please be patience.. must of the section are empty but I'm filling them as I go :D:p

There's a section Called " How to "
    in which I'm creating tiny tutorials for common question I've found on the forums
    and if you have any suggestions for this section please let me know

dsilverthorn, hopeful and ptmarks like this.
  8. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

So you are integrating GC as well?! Nice!

9. Malbers

Malbers

Yes !! It's a very very good and I think the integration with it wont be that hard ;)

10. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Yeah I own all of their modules and look forward to using them once I get my environment done. I guess a generic way to damage your AI's would be nice to have. That way we can have GC kill them also! :)

Malbers likes this.
  11. ptmarks

ptmarks

Malbers, looking forward to the new documentation. One thing I am struggling with that I would love to see documented is how to map my controller to inputs for various AC functions, run, fly, etc, as well as the Rider functions and controls.

Right now I have only figured out what buttons, triggers on my Touch Controller (Oculus) work for certain basic functions, but I want to be able to map a lot more functionality. I'm trying not to break your code, and I haven't figured out where I can add my OVRInput commands.

As an example, I would typically map an action to OVRInput.GetDown(OVRInput.Button.PrimaryHandTrigger), then if I pull the left controller trigger, I would fly or something. Your code is way more advanced than my C# skills, so I'm not sure how to incorporate the Touch Controller inputs into your code.

Thanks!

12. Tiuri

Tiuri

Hey,
    sorry for the late response. Thank you for your answer and happy to hear you are doing so many updates. Take your time, I am glad that you are doing all these things for us ;). Did I mentioned that your new horse animations are INCREDIBLE? Well, now I did it :D.

Have a nice Day

Malbers and dsilverthorn like this.
  13. zhn17

zhn17

Some ideas:
    1. Making a param for controlling the turn speed of the horse
    2. Making so the horse keeps on moving for 5s after you released W A S D
    3. Making so you can accelerate speed of the horse by pressing W once. Walk, run etc.
    4. Ability to ‘force mount’ on the horse using a script, like ‘Horse.ForceMount(Rider);’

Malbers likes this.
  14. ptmarks

ptmarks

Malbers, Hope all is well. I have a question about Irval the Dragon when mounted. I'm using your basic FPC Rider and Irval Dragon Mount. In my case I'm also using and Oculus headset, but the same effect shows up without a VR setup. When I turn Irval, in a given scene, his gaze will lock onto a specific direction for maybe a 90 degree rotation, then snap out of it. If I turn into that same 90 degrees, his gaze always locks on. I'm not sure what is causing this, but in VR in particular, it can significantly degrade the video when this is happening. Do you have any thoughts on how to correct this behavior? I can send a video clip if that helps.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Malbers likes this.
  15. bennett_apps

bennett_apps

@Malbers Thanks soooo much for helping me out so far in understanding and debugging my problems. I'm hoping to use your assets for a large personal project, and there's still so much to learn and understand. I could keep bugging you on the forums every time I have a question (right now I'm trying to figure out how to make the rider die using your health system) but I doubt you'd enjoy that very much. What do you suggest? Thanks!

16. Malbers

Malbers

That is weird :)
    Can you make a video to see better what is happening?

I think You can disable the Look At Component :)

ptmarks likes this.
  17. Malbers

Malbers

You can use the Events of the Stats :)

For the Animals for example when the Health is empty... I just simply Activate the Death State Here;
    upload_2020-2-13_14-38-1.png

Maybe on your Rider you have a Die function right? you just need to connect it to that Event and should work :D

18. Malbers

Malbers

About this.. you can use the Float Variables on the Speeds :) Just like I use them on the Little Dragons:
    upload_2020-2-13_14-39-53.png

Doing this you can have a scriptable variable that you can change everywhere (On your custom scripts) and the Speeds will use those modified values :)

Setting a lower value on the Lerp for the Position (Eg. 1) you will get a smoother start and stopping while walking, trotting etc..
    https://malbersanimations.gitbook.i...mponents/manimal-controller/speeds#l-position

That one is easy :)
    The Speed Up Input ... just change it to W on the Key :)
    upload_2020-2-13_14-44-36.png
    This one I'm a bit lost ??
    did you meant to Mount Automatically while is near the horse?

19. ptmarks

ptmarks

Malbers. I sent the video clip via email (I couldn't upload here). I did disable the LookAt.Active under On Mounted and that fixed the problem! Thanks!

Malbers likes this.
  20. ptmarks

ptmarks

Malbers, hope all is well. I was wondering if you have any updates on your dragon AI. I'm able to get Irval AI to run around after a target, but it doesn't look like there is any way to have Irval fly as part of the current AI setup. Ideally I want to set waypoints and targets in the air and have that work when Irval is flying. Thanks!

21. ptmarks

ptmarks

Malbers, I found a working version of the Irval AI demo (my previous versions were not working correctly; I may have downloaded this version after an update). I will work through that and see if I understand everything and will circle around if I'm still lost. Thanks.

22. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Can anyone help?
    I had the wagons working before, but removed them for testing.

I've added them back to the scene and now they fall through the ground, still connected to the horse.

Horse stands correct but wagon disappears under the ground except for the part that is connected to the horse.
    I know I'm missing something but can't figure out what I'm missing.

Help anyone?

Malbers likes this.
  23. ptmarks

ptmarks

Hadn't used the horse and wagon before so I figured I'd just add it to one of my scenes. I dragged Rider and Single Wagon Horse into a basic scene. Everything played fine. Rider was able to mount wagon and drive the wagon and horse. No issues.

I just had a bit of an issue yesterday with one of my efforts and found I was working off of two different versions of the controllers (3.02 and 3.02a Irval AC in my case). Luckily I had a newer version in a different project and noticed things worked differently. Not sure if this might be the case here? Good luck!

dsilverthorn likes this.
  24. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks anyway. I had the same thing, I used horse and wagon in the same scene before and it worked fine. I removed it and went with just the horse. now I tried to bring back the wagon and it can't find the ground. At least it stays connected to the horse. o_O But I can't mount the wagon.

It does work in the demo, so I assume it is something I am missing.If I can't figure it out today, I'm gonna try re-importing HAP to see if it fixes it. I haven't tried the wagons since the last update so maybe my download got corrupted or like you said it could be two versions conflicting with each other.

ptmarks likes this.
  25. zhn17

zhn17

@Malbers in what script is the code for mounting on the animal located at?

I'm currently trying to make it work for Multiplayer using Mirror, gotten to syncing position, animator (walk etc) and more.
    All that's left is probably horse movement animations and mounting

Malbers likes this.
  26. zhn17

zhn17

Found where the Mount and Dismount animations are located at, here's the progress:

Malbers and dsilverthorn like this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

Hi everybody apologies for the late reply ..

I was on a quick getaway due to the Carnival Holidays :)

but I'm back:

Animal Controller has some small fixes: with version 1.1.3

1.1.3 - 2020 Feb 20

• Fixed: Effect Manager Editor issue with empty Effects.

• Fixed: Scriptable Reference variables with null Scriptable Vars

• Added: Zone new Parameter Remove (Current Animal) on Activation

• Added: Degeneration Wait Time to the Stat Component.

• Fixed: When Stats gets to 0 degen did not start again.

• Fixed: When going Backwards with no Root Motion, it was going forward

• Attack Triggers have now Which Mode Activate and which Ability Index (by Default is Damage)

• Fixed: Inspector for Message Behaviours

• Added: State_AllowExit() to the Animal Callbacks.

I'm on it :)

I'm adding to the AITarget component the Parameter to know If the Target that the AI Brain animal is following is on the ground, on the Water or on the air (Not just for the WayPoints)

I'm preparing the next Update with the Forest golem with a bunch of fixed for the AI Brain.. it should be ready for next week so please be patience :)

Meanwhile if you have irval with the AI Brain and the Target changes from being on the ground to fly..
    you can create a Decision that checks if the Target Animal is Flying:
    upload_2020-2-26_21-20-40.png
    upload_2020-2-26_21-21-22.png

and if is Flying you can change with a new AI State your Brain Irval to go Flying
    upload_2020-2-26_21-23-19.png
    upload_2020-2-26_21-24-59.png

ptmarks and dsilverthorn like this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

Unfortunately the Wagons uses the Unity Wheel Collider... so that cause the instability ..

What you can do is to try an movin the wagons a bit higher of the ground... so it can sink a bit... usually that works :)

Another thing is to check your layer Matrix:
    upload_2020-2-26_21-31-32.png
    since the wagon is a rigid body.. maybe it has disable the collisions with your ground layer..

dsilverthorn likes this.
  29. Malbers

Malbers

did it worked?

30. Malbers

Malbers

My God I looove it!!!!

I'm glad you found the code to the Mount and Dismounting :) it was on the Mount and Dismount Animator Behaviours :)

zhn17 likes this.
  31. zhn17

zhn17

Thanks!

Also, where is the code for horse rearing located at?
    That's currently the only animation that's properly synced for the horse; including idle. Is the horse animations activated manually or can you explain how it plays all of the animations (jump, walk, trot, etc)?

32. zhn17

zhn17

Here's the progress of my game which I'm working on with a few others.
    The terrain is NOT done and can therefore look weird, same with the UI as it's super outdated.

blacksun666 likes this.
  33. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Turns out I had some major issues that somehow ruined my terrain. I could not get any ai to work and some things would fall through. I am in the process of rebuilding all of that work.
    Hopefully I won't run into that issue again.

Malbers likes this.
  34. Malbers

Malbers

Is on the IK Reins Component on the Horse..

They are Trigger by the Rider Animations that enable and disable the Reins to be on the Hands
    Here:

FreeRightHand(bool value) and FreeLeftHand(bool value)
    upload_2020-3-5_19-48-39.png

Now those methods are located on the RiderCombat CallBack Script which then are send to the IKReins Script:
    upload_2020-3-5_19-51-57.png

All the Animal Animations Are Activated by the State and Last State Parameters:
    upload_2020-3-5_19-54-32.png

Which in the code are set here:
    upload_2020-3-5_19-56-2.png

Hope this Helps

Cheers!

35. ptmarks

ptmarks

Hi Malbers. Hopefully this is a quick fix. I just updated the latest Animal Controller, and am now getting a build error in Unity.

upload_2020-3-8_15-48-24.png

If I look at the MGameSettings script (below) it says the scene must be added in Build Settings. Of course I have my scene in Build Settings. Not sure what I am missing.

Thanks!

MGameSettings.cs

public class MGameSettings : MonoBehaviour, MalbersAnimations.IScene
    {
    public bool HideCursor = false;
    public bool ForceFPS = false;

[ConditionalHide("ForceFPS",true,false)]
    public int GameFPS = 60;

#if UNITY_EDITOR
    [Space,Tooltip("The Scene must be added to the Build Settings!!!")]
    public UnityEditor.SceneAsset AddAdditiveScene;

#endif
    [Tooltip("Add the Additive scene in the Editor")]
    public bool InEditor = true;
    [HideInInspector] public string sceneName;

36. Malbers

Malbers

Yes!
    I'm working on the new Update as we speak

But meanwhile here's the fix:

Attached Files:

37. ptmarks

ptmarks

That worked. Thank you!

Malbers likes this.
  38. DeidreReay

DeidreReay

Hello been looking around on invector forum and seeing not clear answers.. Is there integration with invector?? Or has this become obsolete?

Malbers likes this.
  39. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Invector works with HAP. Just download the integrations from Malbers link on the store page.
    Integrations | Mount any Creature | WebDemo | Forum | Manual

Malbers likes this.
  40. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Similer question, is there integration to Game Creator?

41. zhn17

zhn17

@Malbers How is Mode.cs -> Activate; called? I know it's triggered from pressing your mouses button but where in the millions of classes is the code for that?

42. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

is there any integration for opsive ucc please help.

Malbers likes this.
  43. vorokoi

vorokoi

44. Malbers

Malbers

Game Creator Integrations is not done yet.

what borokoi said :) there's the unofficial one...that works by disabling completely the UCC Controller, which is what you need if you don't want to use any UCC feature while riding

45. ConquerCoalition

ConquerCoalition

Question regarding Invector integration:

I was attempting to start my game prototype over by starting a new project, importing the newest version of Invector and then the latest version of HAP, as well as the integration package.

When doing so in the past, the demo scene worked flawlessly, and my only struggles were getting my custom scene to the same point ... which I eventually did through a combination of documentation and perspiration.

However, with the new shooter demo scene; things work as expected until mounting a horse. I can ride, shoot, and such, but if the horse is moving and I aim my pistol, there is a visual issue that resembles motion blur, and the horse slides without animation in its direction of momentum until I stop aiming. I can shoot while not moving just fine, but any movement causes strange visual issues.

Normally I would assume this is due to my own mistakes/lack of experience but the presence of the issue in the demo scene is what makes me bring it up.

I understand that Invector integration documentation for the shooter version is still in the works, and has been for some time. But the demo scene itself is giving me issues which was not the case in the past and makes me wonder. Is this a common problem that is on your list or what can I do to alleviate the issue?

Thank you in advance for any help or updates.

46. creat327

creat327

How can I change the animations on the rider? I have a very weird behaviour.
    I replaced the default rider with my own avatar. Everything seems perfect. All the animations: ride, running, everything.
    But when I try to "aim" with a gun. It goes crazy. I can even hold the gun perfectly fine while not aiming. It's just the aiming that's messed up.

I attach a screenshot to show what I mean.

rider.jpg

On this image you can see i'm aiming at the center of the screen. So the hand and gun should be aiming straight. But instead the hand is completely turned like that weird way and my head goes the opposite direction.

Again, this weird thing only happens when aiming. Every other animation seems fine. Any ideas?

Malbers likes this.
  47. creat327

creat327

I went checking for the animation for weapon aiming but as you can see on the avatar it seems correct. Is there any script that would mess up this?
    rider.jpg

Malbers likes this.
  48. creat327

creat327

nvm, found the solution on rider combat / abilities

Malbers likes this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

Those are the Offset on the Gun Combat Asset :) here you can change it:
    upload_2020-4-5_10-15-18.png

upload_2020-4-5_10-15-34.png
    Here's a Small tutorial on how to fix it (is a bit old but the theory is the same :) )

Weapon Offset

50. creat327

creat327

How can I make the rider equip a weapon via script? I'm trying with
    RiderCombat rc = g.GetComponent<RiderCombat>();
    MInventory mi = g.GetComponent<MInventory>();
    rc.SetWeaponByInventory(mi.Inventory[2]); // the 2 is the gun

but it's not doing anything. No error, nothing.