Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malbers

Malbers

To kill any animal you just need to use
    animal.State_Activate(ID) ..when ID =10 for death.
    upload_2019-11-26_14-40-5.png

Sadly at the moment no.. the rider needs to be a Humanoid Rig but that is something really good for future updates ;)
    You just need to Set Start Mounted to true... and assign a Mount to Stored Mount Field:
    upload_2019-11-26_14-42-46.png

I got stuck on the Integration and I'm waiting for Justin to help me out with it... Still no response (I imagine he is quite busy this black week like I am)

Working on the Ootii's Integration today ;)

Kaen_SG and hopeful like this.
  2. Malbers

Malbers

You can use Generic and Humanoid...

I think you need to assign the Avatar that match your model

I'll be working on tutorials on how to use AC with any animals these week

3. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

Hello, Im a new customer, do you plan a integration with Game Kit Controller?

4. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! GKC is on my to do list for 2020 which is around the corner

mindfulmx likes this.
  5. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

Hello again,
    I am having problems (artifacts) with the reins of the horse in the 2019 version of Unity 2.6f1, here some images:
    (It should be noted that in the Unity 2018 version it works correctly)

Attached Files:

6. creat327

creat327

I've had the same problem, it's due to the "cloth" component. If you disable it, it fixes the visual but then it doesn't work as cloth any more.
    Also, not sure how performance efficient is a cloth component on a mobile device. But I doubt it is nice to have that on Mobile Horse.

mindfulmx likes this.
  7. System-Shocked

System-Shocked

Will photon integration ever be coming, or will there possibly be a tutorial on how to set that up ourselves? I love this asset but that's something I definitely need, and while I'm fairly confident I could set up at least part of that on my own certain aspects of that, like IK for instance, would probably be a pretty significant obstacle. I really like the rider combat scripts but I might have to pass over them entirely if I can't figure out how to set them up with photon properly, which would be a shame. If anyone has experience setting this asset up to work with photon, please let me know!

Malbers likes this.
  8. LubosCzech

LubosCzech

Hi, have you any shaders for HDRP?

9. Malbers

Malbers

That unfortunately is the Cloth component which causes weird behaviours on 2019... by removing it you should be good to go..

The HDRP shader are on the work ;) after I finish the Animal Controller tutorial this weekend.

There's too much to do first at least on my side to start working on Multiplayer features sorry :( that is on hold definitely .

I know some of the HAP users were able to make Multiplayer stuff with it... so is good to ask around :)

System-Shocked and mindfulmx like this.
  10. Keywise

Keywise

I putting a vote for the Rider ground controller for 2020. I would love have your excellent controller working on the ground just like it works when riding. Much rather have the same code and config for ground and riding, then wrestling with the additional complexity of Invector or the other TCPs.

Having read through the last six weeks of posts, I'm hoping you don't end up in an integration Sarlacc pit slowing being digested by a thousand bugs and version updates.

11. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Loving the asset!:D

Do you have any Emerald AI integration or is there anything coming?

I would like to be able to ride a roaming animal instead of just having a stationary animal in the middle of a herd.
    Just in case I lose my horse. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Also, please make more realistic animals!:)

12. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Yes I hope so too but Invector just update their entire controller system... So back to the drawing-board for @Malbers

dsilverthorn likes this.
  13. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

The blessings and curses of updates. It never ends.

14. Lodex2002

Lodex2002

Is Opsive TPC integration up to date? I tried downloading it and go lots of errors mostly namspace. Am I doin something wrong?

15. sebastienbleau11

sebastienbleau11

Hi i want to make vr western game and i want to use this for rjndjng horse in vr is this possible?

16. LubosCzech

LubosCzech

Thank you for such a great info :)

17. tcz8

tcz8

Getting a bunch of errors on import.

ImportFBX Warnings:
    Can't generate normals for blendshape 'Blink' on mesh 'Horse Body', mesh has no smoothing groups.

ImportFBX Warnings:
    Can't generate normals for blendshape 'Blink' on mesh 'Horse Body PA', mesh has no smoothing groups.

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(100,20): error CS0103: The name 'UnityStandardAssets' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(105,20): error CS0103: The name 'UnityStandardAssets' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(110,20): error CS0103: The name 'UnityStandardAssets' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(115,20): error CS0103: The name 'UnityStandardAssets' does not exist in the current context

Assets\Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Input\iMalbersInput.cs(120,20): error CS0103: The name 'UnityStandardAssets' does not exist in the current context

18. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Malbers Any chance to get the new Invector controller integrated?

19. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys Apologies for the late reply I was on vacations, but I just got back :)

it seems that you're using Unity Standard Assets or you were using it..

Simply go to Project Settings -> Player and Remove the Scripting Define Symbol : CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT
    upload_2019-12-11_14-0-1.png

20. Malbers

Malbers

Let me finish first the Animal Controller Tutorials... :)

dsilverthorn likes this.
  21. tcz8

tcz8

Weird, I imported it with a bunch of other assets in a new project. Strange that it wont find the cross platform input.

22. wood333

wood333

How do I determine the version of HAP in an existing project?

23. Malbers

Malbers

Actually, I don't know :( I mean.. if you have the old horses you definitely have the old versions before v4.0
    but if you have the new horses... all the mayor changes are done on the scripts...

24. wood333

wood333

Why don't you slip a version number into your main script? Then I could open the script and find it.

Malbers and hopeful like this.
  25. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Guys- Jumping back into a HAP with Invector on this one. Does the Invector integration HAP (4.0.3) Invector Shooter Templete (2.4.2) still work OK? Anyone using new Invector controller successfully with HAP ?

26. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Having trouble integrating UFPS 1 or Invector, when will the integration downloads get updated?
    They are referencing the old HAP scripts.

Also tried to follow the documentation link to do it manually, (it is for 3.0) but that hasn't been updated either to current 4.04, so I'm lost on what to do.
    I want to bring in another controller but I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks!!

UPDATE:
    Just found updated integrations page with the proper HAP 4.03 for Invector. Will give that a try and see if I can get it working.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3A6xDqyh3aYcFBjRTBIdWVFU1E

UFPS is only for HAP 3, so I don't have a fix for that.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  27. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hey Dsilverthorn, I followed it and had issues. Let me know if you get it to work. Thanks!

28. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I'll let you know. I didn't get a chance last night, hopefully I'll be able to check it out today.
    I created a test project with only HAP and Invector so I can give it a good try. Now I just need the time to work on integration.

29. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Cool- Let me know. I did new project and brought in the Integration but got errors which I didn't have time to investigate.

Malbers likes this.
  30. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

HAP and Invector need to be redone because of the new shooter 2.5 controller

dsilverthorn likes this.
  31. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

got errors.
    needs redone because it is still calling out old scripts.
    I could not get it working either.

I hope we can get upgraded integrations for Invector soon.

32. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Yep. Thanks, glad I'm not doing something wrong.
    Looks like Invector has had some changes too, so no integration until they are updated.

33. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

@Malbers
    Do you have up to date instructions on bringing in another controller?
    Just wondering when we can expect it.

34. Malbers

Malbers

Actually that is a great idea :)

The old Invector should work fine with HAP

I haven't started yet on the Integration with the new Invector.... I'm finishing first the new features for the Animals and HAP: the AIBrain ... to finally have proper enemies animals ... and dragons.. (hopefully will be done by the end of next week)

Yeap... I'm working from time to time with Opsive to solve some mayor issues we are having with the new UCC.. which is the hardest integration so far :(

Yeap... Invector changes most of the name of the used functions the Integration Link Script...

As soon as I finish the Brain feature ... which is going pretty great .. I'll be back on the Integration train .
    Until then I'll appreciate your patience guys :D

nirvanajie, wood333 and dsilverthorn like this.
  35. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Malbers Can you integrate the AI so that Invector can kill them and damage Invector as well :)?

wood333 and dsilverthorn like this.
  36. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks! I'm loving the riding ability, I guess that is why we are all impatient. Can't wait for integration!
    I've ruled out UFPS for the time being and am concentrating on Invector as a solution for what I need.

Thanks for the cool asset! As much as I hate this phrase, in this case it is appropriate... HAP is a game changer. :D

37. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Malbers and is your AI going to be applied to the dragons?

38. Malbers

Malbers

Let me first get around with my Pluglable AI so then I can try Invectors one and mine at the same time :)

Thank you for your kind words!

I'll be working on the integration next Monday... after I finish this Sunday the First version of the Animal Brain :)
    It should not be that hard since is finding the changes on the Methods name Invector's team made on the last Update.

I'm actually making huge progress with the Brain AI... and I'm really excited with the results...
    Using the Tanks Plugable AI tutorials is really simple to use and understand, and really easy to make new Tasks/Actions and Decisions.. besides the ones I'm making by default.

Oh yeah!! They are animals so they can use the Brain...
    I haven't test them on the Air yet.. but in the ground they are quite trouble when they have a brain :).. Shooting Fireballs everywhere ;)

I'll be making a small video this Sunday to showcase my progress :)

dsilverthorn likes this.
  39. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Sounds good! Getting Invector to ride the Dragons and then kill them would be awesome! Or to at least use the Dragons as a boss fight!

Malbers and dsilverthorn like this.
  40. Keywise

Keywise

Since it may sometime until you get to around to a grounded controller (so the rider can jump off the horse and do everything he can do on the horse), what would the high level steps to code it myself? Thanks.

41. tredpro

tredpro

What is the proper way to install horse animset and the AC asset? it seemed to break when I tried so I gave up on it. Figured I either didnt understand or horse animset came with ac built in

Also I didnt notice any recent response about emerald ai integration. Any idea of time frame?

Malbers likes this.
  42. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Updates on integrations, new manual, and things yet?
    Looking forward to using HAP again..

Malbers likes this.
  43. Malbers

Malbers

Invector and HAP Integration has been Updated to Latest version of both assets:)
    Enjoy and Happy New Year !!
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3A6xDqyh3aYcFBjRTBIdWVFU1E?usp=sharing

I just finished a new feature for all the assets :)
    the Brain Feature ... which hopefully you wont need to use emerald AI... that doesn't mean that I wont work on that Integration on the future... :) (next in line is Opsive UCC)

Next step these days (If my family allows me to work haha) is to release the new Update .... and prepare all 20 assets with new sample Brain scenes.

Here's a preview :)

hopeful, gearedgeek and dsilverthorn like this.
  44. tredpro

tredpro

Do I need to install animal controller on top of hap or does it come integrated already?

45. Malbers

Malbers

HAP comes with the AC to control the horse... there's no need to install it :)

46. tredpro

tredpro

Alrights that's what I thought. But I noticed when I tried, some things were different and caused errors so wanted to make sure it included everything. Thank you

Malbers likes this.
  47. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Sorry to say this, but I can't get Invector to work with the new integration for Invector Basic. I was so excited.:(
    I get the same 3 errors and it will not go into play mode because of this and I have to delete the integrations.

Please help! The file from your integrations page was "HAP (4.0.4) Invector BasicTemplate (2.5)", is this the right file??

HAP Invector errors.JPG HAP Invector errors 2.JPG

EDIT:
    I got it figured out. I followed the new manual from the new integrations and did it manually to get it to work on the free version. The errors are because it is not the full version, I think. I'll find out after installing the full version.
    Thanks for the updated instructions!:D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Malbers likes this.
  48. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

The integrations for Invector work great!
    I finally got around to getting it all put in. Now I just have to go through the process to get my individual characters integrated. Nice work @Malbers !
    Thanks for the hard work.

Looking forward to the next update! ;)

Malbers likes this.
  49. transat

transat

@Malbers Does this work with Unity's new Input System? And if not, do you have any tips on how I would go about with integrating it myself?

Speaking of integrations, I'm now using KCC, the Kinematic Character Controller. It's really solid. Any chance you could haver a look at that one too at some point?

Also, could you add PolyArt prefabs for the rideable animals? I'm having a hard time copying the correct components across.

One last request! I'm using the Lit shaders that comes with URP on some of you dragons, instead of your 4x4 LWRP shader. To use the Lit shader properly it would help if you could provide the missing texture files.

Keep up the great work. Cheers!

50. transat

transat

When I add a lot of Malbers animals in my project, things start to look messy with all the input components I need to keep track of. Here's another way things could be designed:

You could have 1 "Player" game object which reads from a control map provided by the new Unity Input system (or optionally Rewired). That game object would link by script to any animal or rider in the game. If I have rabbit#3 selected in the script then the input would be sent to rabbit#3's animal controller and use the Rabbit control map, But if the script reference is changed to raven#2 then the Raven control map would be automatically selected instead of the rabbit one.

Basically, the game would only need to have 1 MalbersInput component, which would never need to be disabled (except maybe for 3rd party integrations). Only the control maps would need to change dynamically, to match the selected character... so the X button on my gamepad could allow the raven to fly but might make the rabbit dig a hole instead, for example.

dsilverthorn likes this.