Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. macish

macish

Yeah i've read over the doc and saw that. Do you have a favourite? I have only checked out Invector and it feels very clunky and buggy.

2. Malbers

Malbers

So far the integration with invector is the one that have only been updated....(Basic and Melee Template)
    Throughout this week til the end of the month I will be working on Invector's Shooter template, Ootii's MC and Opsive UCC.

I can't have a favourite hahah ;)

3. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@Malbers I have Unka (v3.0b), Horse Animset Pro (v4.01) and the Animal Controller beta (v1.04b) in a 2019.2.9 project but the Unka Rideable demo isn't working for me. If I get close to the dragon no UI tells me to press F to mount (which I prefer but half expected from the horse 'HAP PlayGround' demo, which works fine). If I do press F, the Rider goes into a sitting position where he's standing and I get the following warning in the console:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Animator.GotoState: State could not be found
    2. UnityEngine.Animator:Play(String, Int32)
    3. MalbersAnimations.HAP.MRider:MountAnimal() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Riding System/Rider/MRider.cs:274)
    4. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
    5. MalbersAnimations.InputRow:get_GetInput() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/MalbersInput.cs:208)
    6. MalbersAnimations.MInput:SetInput() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/MInput.cs:63)
    7. MalbersAnimations.MalbersInput:SetInput() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/MalbersInput.cs:109)
    8. MalbersAnimations.MalbersInput:Update() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Input/MalbersInput.cs:97)
    Although this is just a warning the scene is then broken and I can't get back control of the rider.

How can I debug?

I've worked through the last set of tutorial videos ('Mount any creature with HAP3') - which sadly are already deprecated and no longer reflect the current state of the assets. It's my first time using HAP and I have to say I'm finding it a little over complicated, like it's trying to do so much that it's hard to get a handle on it. Maybe a much simpler set of demo scenes might be useful, without all of the extra stuff (aim/attack/inventory etc.)?

4. macish

macish

Well while supporting all of them is great of course i'm pretty sure you have a favourite ;D
    Anyways from your integration folder on google i thought the integrations already happened. Maybe you could sort them by HAPversion and put them into corresponding folders.

Just to clarify only Invector Basic and Melee are yet compatible, the rest ist TBD? Is there also "fractured" support for the other controlers as from what i see they offer a big variety of versions and additional bundles and whatnot. Somehow i would have expected for example Invector to be "all the same" when it comes to HAP but apparently there are bigger differences here.
    This makes it all kinda difficult for me to pick a controller at all :/ except yours hah, that one i purchased some time ago, but just recently came back to actually use.
    In my old project i still use a 3.x version where on the M variation of HAP the riders movementspeed changed depending on direction which is very odd and not sure where this comes from.
    In an empty HAP4 project i could not notice this behaviour anymore (but other bugs). So i am at a crossroad right now not sure in what direction to go. Would like to move from HAP3 to 4 but it seems its not yet ready and for player movements i would probably need a third party controller but thoose implementations are not yet done.

tricky! Anyways thank you for your time and keep up the good work (btw in the invector demo there is a riding part, this is not HAP right? it felt very different)

5. creat327

creat327

Hi there,
    I'm using the latest version from the store and I'm trying to create a multiplayer game. I don't use any of the unity network assets since they'll be deprecated. What do I need to transfer over the network so I get a clone on the other side?

I thought: Position, Rotation, Animation state id, and probably a look at transform.
    Any ideas? Is that all? And how do I go about instantiating on the other side and replicating the same?

6. Moe-Mogare

Moe-Mogare

I would say prioritize invector & Opsive they are the most up to date & have the most potential to create that Read Dead like game that you feature on your ads for the engine, as well as a Elder Scrolls/Legend of Zelda like game. I can't wait for Opsive & invector

Malbers likes this.
  7. Malbers

Malbers

Apologies for the late reply

upload_2019-10-27_10-51-6.png

Here's the scene of the Mountable unka
    Let me send you the latest version of the Zip file where everything is working as expected ... just to be sure.

Also please update the Horse to the 4.02 Since the Dismount animation for dragons where missing on the last update.

By the way... if you have HAP. you don't need to install the Animal Controller since HAP already has it ;)

Attached Files:

Grimjack2600 likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there @creat327

Unfortunately I have no knowledge about networking code, and I haven't made anything related to UNET or any of the multiplayers API ... sorry

Maybe some one here on the forums is more capable than me and it can help you out

9. Malbers

Malbers

Yeap that's the goal Invector and then Opsive!

Invector the shooter part is giving me some headaches but I'm getting there :)

10. Malbers

Malbers

Great tip! I'll do that with the remaining assets besides invector

I'm working on the Shooter Template as we speak...
    The thing is that with the new Animal Controller released... all the integrations got deprecated... and I paused the integrations until I finished updating the poly art animals that still had the old animal controller.
    And since all the animals were finished this Friday.
    I'm back working on the Integrations again. :D

Invector is the most popular one, and most requested (followed by Opsive). That's why I'm giving the first Integration Update.

Opsive Controllers should take a bit more time to update since Justin also update his controller, and I need to learn all over again how his works.

So.. that is the plan :)

11. redoxoder

redoxoder

gkc integration will be nice too

mindfulmx and Malbers like this.
  12. macish

macish

I got Invector after all and are now waiting for your integration. Will there be a manual what needs to be done for the integration and what this integration actually entails? Can i assume that its basically invector for humanoid locomotion and your animal controller during riding etc. ? I still don't quite understand what would be different on your part between basic,melee and shooter invector.

The animal packs to make them ridable are all for HAP4 i presume?

13. Malbers

Malbers

Yes there's a manual :)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...PO8JzhWAZQC0uCxfs/edit#heading=h.bjxd0q2yi4ua

Yes... my animal controller are just for the animals and mounts.. .
    The difference are :
    - the Basic does not use any weapons... so if you want a controller without weapons ... this is the guy.
    - The melee template use only melee weapons... No proyectiles... (gun, bow, etc) this integration depends of the basic one.
    - The Shooter includes all above plus Projectile weapons. For HAP there's only Gun and Bow animations at the moment so you can use Bow and Pistol while riding
    There will be more weapons to come.. after the integrations season. :)
    all my creatures are compatible with the riding system of HAP... from the little rabbits to the big Moose

macish likes this.
  14. ZGoodwin

ZGoodwin

@Malbers both basic and melee integration scenes from your google docs work in unity 2019.1.4f, but I cannot get a new character to work. I have made a new shooter/melee character with proper setup, added rideable horse prefab into scene, and also applied identical malbers scripts from melee demo scene unto the new character. New character will not jump on the horse. Only "F" displays near the horse. What am I missing?

15. andrehrf

andrehrf

Hello, I'm working using Ootii 2.8 to look for a HAP integration, but I found version 3.1.7 that has 2 bugs

Assets \ Malbers Animations \ Horse AnimSet Pro \ Integrations \ Ootii \ Scripts \ OotiiHAPLink.cs (26,19): Error CS0246: The namespace type or name 'Rider3rdPerson' could not be found

Assets \ Animations Malbers \ Horse AnimSet Pro \ Integrations \ Ootii \ Scripts \ OotiiHAPLink.cs (253.38): Error CS0246: Type or namespace name 'WeaponActions' could not be found

any prediction for correction?

16. Malbers

Malbers

Ootii integrations is not updated with the latest version I'll be updating them after I finish the Invector Integration this week

17. Malbers

Malbers

if you are making a shooter melee please wait until I finish the shooter Template integration ...which it should be done tonight ...

Did you created the Inputs for Rider and connect them to the Rider component?
    These ones:
    upload_2019-10-29_14-37-2.png

Those can be automatically created using the Menu Context:
    upload_2019-10-29_14-38-5.png

Attached Files:

ZGoodwin likes this.
  18. ZGoodwin

ZGoodwin

The new character needed to be added to all the events under M Input. This did the trick. Thank you. Looking forward to the update.

19. ZGoodwin

ZGoodwin

@Malbers Little Dragon Tiger Rideable.unitypackage has 3 missing scripts

Malbers likes this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for reporting this ! I'll take a look

ZGoodwin likes this.
  21. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Thanks @Malbers Got it working in the end by importing into a new project, which worked ok (i.e. mountable unka demo was fine), then deleting everything in my project and just copying in the working folders. Who knows, maybe a glitch.

I did find that there's an error in Climb.cs (in \Malbers Animations\Common\Scripts\Animal Controller\States ) which stops the Unity build process. The final conditional #endif is misplaced.

Your last few lines are:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             };
    2.         }
    3.     }
    4. #endif
    5. }
    Should be:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             };
    2.         }
    3. #endif
    4.     }
    6. }

Malbers likes this.
  22. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for this!!! I shall fixit and update it!!

hopeful likes this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

macish and gearedgeek like this.
  24. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Is Opsive next in line for integration?

25. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I hope its Emerald AI :)

26. redoxoder

redoxoder

game kit controller (gkc) and emerald AI will be nice :):):D:p

mindfulmx and dkmay like this.
  27. macish

macish

28. Malbers

Malbers

yes!! shooter has the other 2

Shooter requires melee and melee requires the basic one ;)

29. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Malbers you got the new controller that invector is releasing in 2 weeks?

30. Feartheway

Feartheway

@Malbers I am hoping to integrate horses and dragon unka into atavism it would be nice to have that on your roadmap. If anyone has any advice please let me know... wish me luck.

Malbers likes this.
  31. Feartheway

Feartheway

so i imported hap then unka, then unrared the unka hap integration package ... it works kinda.... i can mount then i cannot fly or control the dragon.... something about inputs? Also shift seems to be the wrong way round.... no shift = sprint.... shift = walk.
    This is ac 101 that comes with the latest asset store download.

upload_2019-11-5_11-43-16.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  32. Feartheway

Feartheway

i tried with ac 102 and got more errors

upload_2019-11-5_12-33-14.png

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  33. Malbers

Malbers

Nope... which means the Integration will last only 2 weeks :(:(

That is awesome~!!!!!
    In the demo scenes you need to create the UpDown Input... since the assets are not complete projects the input manager is not affected..

simple hit the create button on the Malbers Input component
    upload_2019-11-5_12-3-45.png

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Ok lol. That is what I thought. I'll wait until you integrate the new one.

35. Feartheway

Feartheway

Thx for the info! I thought it would be something like that but was a bit lost. are there any youtube links to a full exploration / tutorials about this asset... It is beautiful / stunning but I am a little worried about finding my way around it. Just due to the complex nature of everything that is going on. Is there a discord support?

36. Malbers

Malbers

Currently on Sandy by! (Before 2020 it will be live!)
    As soon as I finish my long list of pending stuff The Discord would be open!!

37. Moe-Mogare

Moe-Mogare

I'm getting this error when I ride the horse for some reason i can't aim my gun in Invector, also have you ever taught about working a deal with invector to sell a pack that is bundled between you both because your packages together are just amazing & open so much potential & it would ease the update issue

38. creat327

creat327

What have you changed on the latest update? I've update today and most of my stuff is getting exceptions. For instance I have a Toon Dragon which was animated outside the egg, with Aim and LookAt scripts disabled on the inspector.
    Then I get null pointer exceptions complaining I have no Aim target setup. I check the LookAt and Aim scripts and they show as "active" althought I've set them to NOT active. As soon as I ran the game, they get activated. It seems they are set by the Animator somewhere. So what has changed, what animations, and why enforce a lookat/aim :?

39. ZGoodwin

ZGoodwin

I was thinking today about the 3 missing scripts in Little Dragon Tiger Rideable.unitypackage Would adding the newer scripts from Horse Animset Pro ver. 4x be the solution?

40. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

@Malbers I have a question. I'm currently using Opsive UCC with Rewired. I know you are planning to integrate HAP with UCC but will you see about getting Rewired, UCC, and HAP all working together?

41. Malbers

Malbers

I just got UCC version :)
    This week I'll start studying UCC to start working on the integration...

If UCC and Rewired are compatible then it should be very easy to set all 3 together.

Actually you should be using the latest version of al the assets HAP and the little dragons. the oldest version of both asset are obsolete.

Try setting on the Aim Script an Aim Origin...(For the little dragons is the Head Bone.)

Yes.. The animator calls the Look At Script to Enable tlhe Aim when is on the Locomotion and Idle states so the Dragon can Shoot the fireballs and firebreath to the proper direction

42. Malbers

Malbers

I found a small error on the Integration and I have updated to version2 try downloading it again..

This should be done more by Unity side than ours... and they don't have at the moment bundles for a publisher ... so bundles for 2 publishers is a long shoot :(

43. ZGoodwin

ZGoodwin

I'm confused, where is the latest little dragons located at? The copy in the google folder does not work with the latest Horse Animset Pro; it has 3 missing scripts.

44. Malbers

Malbers

When you update you will get a rar file that have all the Sample scenes, Prefabs and assets

For example on the Little dragons the Rar is located here:
    upload_2019-11-11_13-8-41.png

I had to use this method because the prefabs where corrupted on the scenes if the Animal Controller is imported after the Animals/Creatures asset

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    ZGoodwin likes this.
  45. ZGoodwin

ZGoodwin

@Malbers thanks, I completely overlooked that and was instead going into the google folder. Question on importing four-legged animals. Which Unity rig should be used. Is it the generic rig? I tried all the different unity rigs and cannot get the MAnimal Animator to play with my Animal Model.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  46. creat327

creat327

Simple question I don't see on the documentation.
    I want to put the character on the horse without animation. I mean, directly be on the horse and move with the horse and stuff. I don't want to walk to it or press F or anything. I want it mounted from the moment I hit play.
    How do I achieve that?

47. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Just checking in to see how well everything is going for you.

48. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

Checking in on the Ootii integration... Ootii MC doesn't have a lot of major updates these days so once you get the integrations working it shouldn't require much more work. (unlike the other integrations) :)

49. CrazyLabs

CrazyLabs

Hello. Is it possible to mount creature with another creature? E.g a raccoon onto a bear=)

50. Lodex2002

Lodex2002

Can someone please tell me how to kill the mount with code? If this--mount death.