Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malbers

Malbers

I know and I apologies about that... the problem is I'm still migrating all the assets to the new controller... and is a bit time consuming process

Fortunately Unka and the Little dragons are already migrated.. tomorrow you should be able to update.
    Apologies for the inconveniences this may cause

2. Tarball

Tarball

Great, thanks!

As far as the opsive integration, I think this is how an updated OpsiveCompatible.cs should work with the new HAP, but I'm not 100% sure. Please advise.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class OpsiveCompatible : MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    7.     public Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Camera.CameraController OpsiveCamera;
    9.     public void isMounted(bool active)
    10.     {
    11.         OpsiveCamera.SetState("Ride", active);
    12.     }
    13. }

3. zhn17

zhn17

Ok so a friend of mine has a older version of Horse Animset PRO, just some quick questions @Malbers

- Is it possible to slow down the Run speed as it's way too fast
    - Is there any way to disable the falling animation without making the horse fly into the sky (want it to be kept but only when you're jumping off a cliff)

Malbers likes this.
  4. Malbers

Malbers

You can change the Animator Parameter on the RUN Speed modifier for the and set it to 0.8 instead of 1
    that will slow the Animation on the horse.
    is this happening on the New or the Old Version of HAP?
    On the New version you can just disable it:
    upload_2019-9-16_14-44-23.png
    On the old version you can mute the transitions to the Fall animations

zhn17 likes this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

Is not that simple... I haven't study yet the New Opsive Controller... I don't know what are the parameters to disable and enable while riding..
    Let me finish first the migration of the remaining animals so I can jump into the integrations again

6. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi All, Downloaded V4 [Unity 2019.2.3f1]- brought into new clean project with Irval (Because he is always needed. :) ). Getting brick errors. haven't researched so maybe something easy. Any Suggestion appreciated. thanks! HorseAnimset-Unity2019.2.3f1-E1.JPG HorseAnimset-Unity2019.2.3f1-E1.JPG HorseAnimset-Unity2019.2.3f1-E1.JPG

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  7. zhn17

zhn17

Alright, thanks!
    I'll probably buy the asset in a bit myself as my friend won't be able to due to him being on vacation and he just gave me a ZIP of the assets from the 3.1.7b version.

EDIT: And also, idk if you've done this on the newer versions but maybe clean the scripts code a little and use <summary> more? Just a tip^

8. Malbers

Malbers

Irval is still in the old version... I'm working on migrating him this week...

Today I should finish and Update the Elemental dragon and Tomorrow I will start working on Irval and it should ve ready by Friday :)

I appreciate your patience until Friday :)

9. Malbers

Malbers

Yes I did.... tons of summarys every where :) and that is why I made this new version ... to make it way more cleaner ;)

zhn17 likes this.
  10. wood333

wood333

Thank you, Malbers. This Worked. I posted a snapshot of the change on Invector's forum for others to see.

11. Malbers

Malbers

Found the bug!
    it happens finnally to me :) just change this on the fall state:

Attached Files:

zhn17 and buffer_ like this.
  12. monte_carlo

monte_carlo

13. buffer_

buffer_

That also solved the flying up the sky bug for me, thanks!

I've got 1 quick question though
    Is it possible that in the near future, that HAP has support for uMMORPG (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/ummorpg-51212) ?
    As currently I'm trying to make a smaller multiplayer game with a few friends but here's the main issues:
    - The horses animations doesn't sync [I use Mirror which is basically a updated UNet], even when using the Network Syncing for animations
    - The players animations syncs perfectly except the jump which pulls u back down to the ground instantly
    - Mounting on your horse works on your side, but on the server and other clients side it just loops a idle animation and makes your player sit on the ground (moving your horse works tho, even if some stuff is kinda broken)

It would be a really great integration in my opinion, as it would open up to so many new functions and features your customers could take advantage of (if they coded the listed functions below on their own), such as:
    - Player stables
    - Horse levels
    - Horse experience
    ... etc

Thanks!

Malbers and zhn17 like this.
  14. Plussmaci

Plussmaci

Any ETA on the quick setup guide? Did the association with my character controller (Explosive https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/animations/rpg-character-mecanim-animation-pack-63772). However it does not seem to work.
    Getting this error when going into the mountpoints:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MalbersAnimations.Controller.MAnimal.SetAnimParameter (System.Int32 hash, System.Int32 value) (at Assets/ImportedAssets/Gameplay/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal Controller/MAnimalCallBacks.cs:138)
    MalbersAnimations.Controller.MAnimal.SetIntID (System.Int32 value) (at Assets/ImportedAssets/Gameplay/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal Controller/MAnimalCallBacks.cs:157)
    MalbersAnimations.RandomBehavior.OnStateMachineEnter (UnityEngine.Animator animator, System.Int32 stateMachinePathHash) (at Assets/ImportedAssets/Gameplay/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Behaviors/RandomBehavior.cs:18)

I am probably doing something really stupid.

15. Malbers

Malbers

As soon as I finish migrating all the remaining animals to the new controller I'll start working again on the old and new integrations. first I'll start with the easy ones..

I have never done anything networking related, so integratiosn like uMMORPG will be left for last ones.

Priorities now are Invector, Ootii, Opsive...

zhn17 likes this.
  16. Malbers

Malbers

I made general guide on how to integrate with any character controller... I mean.. those are the same steps I used to use on Invector, Opsive and Ooti integrations.. with a little bit of work on the Link Script

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...G1lfxLqyWOav6tG88/edit#heading=h.j9olw7su99qh

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  17. zhn17

zhn17

That's fine (in my opinion), just hope it gets supported after a while as it would be awesome^

18. Malbers

Malbers

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    sjm-tech likes this.
  19. transat

transat

@Malbers Loading any HAP 4.0 scene instantly crashes Unity for me. Using 2019.3 on a mac. My console indicates it might be a Metal related issue. Also, I'm using the Universal Render Pipeline.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

Hummm... Im pretty sure are 4x4 Color and the Hair Shader done in the Amplify Editor.. I'll take a look into it
    I made the versions for the 4x4 Shader for the LWRPL here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3A6xDqyh3aYRWh6UzhTci11QUE

I still need to update the Hair Shader though

21. transat

transat

I hadn’t yet installed the LWRP integration. So that might have been the issue. Haven’t tried opening the demo scenes since but HAP is working fine. My guess is the scene would no work.

22. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @Malbers do we have integration with UFPS for the new version 4 HAP?

23. zhn17

zhn17

Quck question, is there any way to fix the cloth on Unity 2019 / 2020 as it freaks out?
    I know it's suggested to disable it, but still wondering if there will be any fix for this in the near future or if it's just scrapped. As Unity 2019 / 2020 has loads of performance fixes etc which would be nice to have

24. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Is Irval integration with Invector complete?

25. Malbers

Malbers

Integration with Irval and HAP is done :) and published so you can use Invector+HAP+Irval.
    You need to use the new integrations for Invector... which is published on the Integration folder :)

This morning I was tinkering with the cloth on 2019... and still got a lot of issues... simply the fact of adding a new cloth component to the reins broke the reins model. So the best solution for now is to disable it :(

UFPS old (I need to update the references of the new HAP ).. after I finish migrating all the animals (4 done 7 to go)
    UFPS new (Still on the queue)

zhn17 likes this.
  26. zhn17

zhn17

Alright, if you do make any progress on cloth in 2019++, let us know :)

27. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

2019 just rolled out the new physx system right? was that not working for the reins?

28. zhn17

zhn17

Nope, tried it on 2019s first alpha version and that worked but then it had building issues where it got stuck on endlessly compiling 2 shaders.
    In the recent versions of 2019 and 2020 it spaz's out and sometimes replaces the reins with a black box

Kaen_SG likes this.
  29. digiross

digiross

This is on sale in the asset store! :D

zhn17 likes this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

Sure do!

the new physic is not working for the reins... I got some weird errors for convex meshes that are not compatibles with the physics...
    So the best solution for now is removing the cloth component.

I'll come back to this soon...ish... because first: priorities :) (remaining animals, and integrations)

31. Kaen_SG

Kaen_SG

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2019/08/27/unity-2019-3-beta-is-now-available/
    2019.3b has updated the physx to v4.1. worth a look when you have time. :)

upload_2019-10-4_3-53-44.png

Malbers likes this.
  32. ondraasek

ondraasek

Hey any idea when HAP 4 will work with new UFPS? THanks a lot

33. Malbers

Malbers

November is the Integration month...
    I will let you guys know when the integrations are ready...

I still don't have the new UFPS and TCP from Opsive , which I need to study first to make the integrations.

marco-maceratesi likes this.
  34. Keywise

Keywise

Hi - I need help getting the HAP and Unka to work together like I saw in the demo. I purchased both today, ran all the scenes, read through the google docs, downloaded the rideable creatures from google drive... and I'm lost at what I should do next. There is so much excellent documentation, but I'm stuck just getting to the basic integration from the demo. Please advise.

35. Malbers

Malbers

When you have both assets on the project...
    you need to extract the Rar file on the Unka folder

Inside you will find the Unka Mount prefab... which is already set up with the riding system
    upload_2019-10-6_10-56-39.png

36. Keywise

Keywise

Thank you. I missed the rar file in the Unka folder. Once I followed in the instructions to create the up down input, it works just the video.

Malbers likes this.
  37. khos

khos

Hi Malbers, hope you don't mind to show how I was able to use your really nice asset:

It is not amazing, but I am pleased with it.

Keywise, Willbkool_FPCS and Malbers like this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

I love it!

39. zhn17

zhn17

Does anyone know where the sounds for when the horse is in idle are located at?
    Would like to make them play less freq so it doesn't annoy others^

40. digiross

digiross

I'm now a proud owner of this asset! :cool:

Malbers and zhn17 like this.
  41. Malbers

Malbers

They are on the Idle Animations :)

Attached Files:

hopeful and zhn17 like this.
  42. zhn17

zhn17

Thanks!

43. Keywise

Keywise

Malbers, First of all, I am very impressed by the animator state design, scripts and animations in HAP. This is one of the best game assets I've seen developed in South America. Excellent work.

On your roadmap, are your planning to extend the Rider's mounted animation states to support the same states when unmounted? It would be cleaner and less complex to build off the design you have setup than integrate with another 3rd party controller integrated with HAP. I would like the rider to be as epic on the ground as it is when mounted without a lot of extra code.

44. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks so much for your kind words I really appreciated!!

Actually that is the Goal... to make a controller for the Rider while is on the ground... that is why I'm the new Animal Controller (which works also for humanoids too :)

But meanwhile is good to have integrations for the most used TCPs out there

45. tredpro

tredpro

i noticed the invector integrations were completed for basic and melee but not shooter? was the shooter one coming or is this something we need to do?

46. Malbers

Malbers

The Shooter Integration is on hold until I release the Forest set migrated to the new controller... which hopefully will be by this 20th...

after that I will continue working on the integrations... old and new ones

47. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

I'm sorry for asking this.

Just wondering if you have any thoughts or ideas when you would integrate HAP with UCC?

48. macish

macish

@Malbers is there Combat while on foot? Its not clear from the description "Rider Combat System: Bow, Pistol, Melee (soon: Spear, Rifle, Magic Staff, Throwables)" and selecting a weapon does nothing while on foot.

49. Malbers

Malbers

The combat system is only for the riding system... On foot requieres a complete Character controller Like invector, Opsive or Ooti's motion controller.

50. Malbers

Malbers

First I'll do work finishing invector... then I will work on UCC...

I'll be posting it here as soon as I start working on Opsives assets :)

gearedgeek and sjm-tech like this.