Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. alexrau

alexrau

When my character gets on the horse the horse starts moving and doesn't stop until I dismount. Is there an event I could add so that I can stop the horse?

2. transat

transat

This is great news. I have already switched the HAP Freelook camera to Cinemachine but have not been able to find a controller that really suits my needs and doesn't cost a fortune. Have you checked out the preview character controller from Unity? https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Standard-Assets-Characters It works with the preview Input System and it comes with IK.

Whatever you end up designing, you should consider using DOTS if you want it to be future-proof. It would maybe even allow us to have hoards of horsemen. I'm not sure if all the tech is currently there though!

mandisaw and Malbers like this.
  3. wood333

wood333

i have HPA 3.1.7a, Unity 2017.3.1 and Invector Shooter. Everything is working fine except for horse swim. I have the Waterline set on the Animal script and the water (Ultimate Water System) on tag and level "Water," but the horse walks to the bottom of the river.

4. Malbers

Malbers

I believe you need to disable the colliders when mounting and enalbe them back when dismounting... if your main capsule collider is on the root the Rider script will disable it automatically...
    if your character's colliders are inside the hierarchy bones then you can do 2 things...
    use the Events to disable the colliders while mounting and enabling them back while unmounting:
    upload_2019-5-21_16-4-58.png

or go to the code and change this line of code from GetComponent to GetComponentsInChildren
    upload_2019-5-21_16-5-51.png

hope that helps

5. Malbers

Malbers

I have no Idea that Unity was working on an standard Character controller that is awesome!!!!

I will definitely check it out! and DOTs to... but after the controller is ready :)

6. Malbers

Malbers

Does the Water has a trigger on it ?
    and the Water Layer is active to interact with the animal layer on the Physics Matrix?

7. alexrau

alexrau

Couldn't get it to work either of those ways, but just went to the Invector sample and started from their and will reapply my Invector configs. The horse works fine now.

8. mickeyband

mickeyband

Hi, I got your HorseAnim and Unka assets. amazing. thank you for making them. but i'm having problems with the animations. I think I missed something, but I haven't figured it out in days.

My character falls through the Dragon. I tried the template Cowboy as well.

I'm using the Unko Realistic prefab along with the vMeleeController_Inventory. Horse works fine. Riding works perfectly besides this.

Also does, does this demo scene still exist?

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    alexrau likes this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

I believe you need to set the mount points correctly ... like the Mount Point, Knees and Feet as a child of the Spine and

QUOTE="SliferDG, post: 4584049, member: 2490301"]Also does, does this demo scene still exist?[/QUOTE]
    YES!

You can find it on the Integration Folder :)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UqUeamKTpbsgzx08WOJNTWDOSbG1Z3NW

mickeyband likes this.
  10. mickeyband

mickeyband

worked perfectly! thanks

Malbers likes this.
  11. wood333

wood333

No, the water has no trigger. The water is a big mesh that moves. I tried a mesh collider trigger, no go. So if I put a trigger plane below the water surface for a trigger, (and deactivate the mesh renderer to make the plane invisible), horse swim works.

Malbers likes this.
  12. alexrau

alexrau

Hello. Am using HAP with Invector and the integration kit in unity 2018.4f1 and have an issue where when the character has sword equipped there idle animation is as if they are holding the gun. If I swap out the HAP Invector shooter controller for the Invector Shooter controller then the issue does not happen. When I look at the two controllers in Beyond Compare I see lots of deltas between them, but is too big a file to hand merge to get deltas. Any suggestions on how to get the specific animations for HAP into the base Invector controller?

Attached Files:

13. Malbers

Malbers

The water logic on HAP works with raycasting... the animal to know if is there water beneath him cast a ray from the water pivot to the ground.. if your water does not have any trigger the logic wont work...
    That solution you found is great :)...

14. Malbers

Malbers

You can try this:
    on the working Character Controller use Copy component values on the scripts, and Paste Component Values on the controller you Need..

Be aware that some of the Reference game object needs to be set correctly while doing this.

15. badotter

badotter

Hello! Thanks again for the great pack, I am really enjoying it and am learning a lot from reviewing your animator and many scripts.

However, I am having one problem that I am having a hard time solving. I am using Polytope's free Medieval Peasant model for a player, and in general your animations work fine on this character since they are all humanoid/mecanim skeletons. And I have managed to make the bow and pistol attach to holders on the character, and orient themselves properly with polytope's weapon mount slots on the hands by using your Offset rotation in the bow and pistol scripts. (I am using polytope's melee weapons, so they don't need any further adjustments to go into the hands properly.)

The issue I am having is when I aim the bow or the pistol: as the accompanying image shows with the bow, the "ready" position has my right hand oriented about ninety degrees off of where it should be - it is sticking straight out to the character's left side, and then apparently rotated 180 degrees on the long axis, so that the thumb is down instead of up. Mouse look still works, but this wrong position relative to the body is maintained as I rotate the view around.

Any help as to what this aim vector (IK position?) is, and where it is defined, would be most appreciated. As you can see in the lower right hand panel, the bow fire animation appears normal on the character, it is only in play mode when readying a shot that I get the wrong behavior.

Thanks,
    Chris

Malbers likes this.
  16. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Chris :) I've wrote you via email :)

17. badotter

badotter

Thanks Malbers, I received it!

For the benefit of anybody else with the same problem, the transforms I was looking for were right in front of me, they are the Right Handed Bow (or Pistol) offsets under the "Abilities Properties" in the Rider Combat script. I haven't quite gotten them dialed all the way in yet but things are certainly less bad now.

Malbers likes this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

Here's a small video in case anyone else have the same issues :)

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  19. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

I'm sorry if you have already answered but any news about the state of integrating Horse Animset with the latest controller from Opsive?

20. DonnyBull

DonnyBull

Hi Malbers,

I've bought the 18th Century Carriage from Helsssoo, and used your integration file. Took a bit of tweaking to get it all working. At first, my character was mounting the carriage, but simply falling through the ground plane and kind of hovering there and wouldn't dismount. I've looked at the prefab for the Western Wagon Ready, and found that if I change the 18th Century carriage's Mount Trigger script parameters to the same as the Western Wagon ones, i.e. Mount Animation to "Mount Wagon Right" and Dismount ID to "22" etc., then the character will mount the carriage, but nothing like the animation you have in the video.

Is there a specific animation that you made for the mount/ unmount of the 18th Century Carriage? And if so, is it available anywhere, or does it have a specific name and Dismount ID within the Mount Triggers script?

**EDIT** So for anyone else who can't find them, I found the animation names under "Malber's Animation -> Horse AnimSet Pro -> Animations -> Rider -> Rider Mount Carriage prefab. They're called "Dismount Carriage Left" and "Dismount Carriage Right" .
    The Dismount ID for the animations I had to get by trial and error, but they are "11" for the LEFT side animation, and "12" for the RIGHT side animation.

This might be a silly question, but where can I find a list of these ID's, @Malbers? It says in the MountTriggers script that they are contained in the Animator, but I can't see any ID's anywhere. Could be just me as I'm not great at finding things inside the animator!
    Might be useful to add a short paragraph or two to the documentation just to show how to setup these animations for these and other carts/carriages/wagons, etc..?

Great asset though! I'm loving it so far! :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

I'm still working on the new controller, Hopefully it will be ready by the end of this month

After that I will update all my assets and then I will resume working on the integrations :)

transat and mandisaw like this.
  22. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I see there is a method IsJumping(). Do you also have a method IsFalling()?

23. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @DonnyBull Apologies for the late reply on your query

On the Mount Triggers the are 2 Values
    The Mount Animations: which are the Name of the States on the Mounted Layer
    and the Dismount ID are the Transition Conditions Value
    upload_2019-6-17_12-10-54.png

24. Malbers

Malbers

You can use animal.Fall parameter... it will return if Fall is true or False

25. Malbers

Malbers

Working on the Documentation for the New Controller... :) because the current one will be obsolete very soon

mandisaw, transat and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Here's a small preview on the new controller :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    mandisaw, KeithBrown, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  27. redoxoder

redoxoder

nice!!!
    any release date ?
    thanks

Malbers likes this.
  28. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Read a few posts up when Malbers mentions when he thinks he will release it.

29. Malbers

Malbers

Hopefully at the End of this month.. Beginning of next one :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  30. redoxoder

redoxoder

@Malbers, Thanks for the friendly and courteous answer ... waiting with impatience your update....

Malbers likes this.
  31. christougher

christougher

Hi, I'm playing with the bow animations and was wondering if it's possible to shoot straight up? I'm not quite clear on how the offsets in the Rider Combat script work... I'm also looking at using these while walking/running/strafing (unmounted) and would obviously need to use different mecanim layers, but do you already have examples of this?

Edit: Also I was wondering about raising the elbow up higher to make pulling the bow back a bit more... epic looking(???), kinda like one was looking straight down the shaft of the arrow towards his prey. :)

32. Malbers

Malbers

The Aiming depends of the Camera Direction... so most of the time the camera can go straight Up... what you can do is to use a Target Instead... that will force the Rider to shoot Up... but he will blend the spine in a weird way :D

Right now the Pulling of the Bow String is drive by the animations.... I need to double check to see if I can make it go a bit further back...

About the offsets maybe this video can help:

33. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

I purchased Horse Anim Pro to work with Synty's horse model, but when I install it I get the following:

The name 'UnityStandardAssets' does not exist in the current context

I'm on 2019.1.10.

I am completely unable to find the UnityStandardAssets package either in the Package management interface, or the Asset Store.

Where am I going wrong?

34. Rowlan

Rowlan

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/asset-packs/standard-assets-32351

mandisaw likes this.
  35. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

mandisaw likes this.
  36. Yan-Pepin

Yan-Pepin

In Unity 2019.1.10f1, when I select and open some Malbers components (like Mountable) of prefabs in the project view, the Editor starts to load something in an infinite loop, making the edition of component's parameters very difficult. As soon as I close the said component, then the editor works normally. This only happens when I edit the prefab itself, not when I edit the instanced model in the scene. The issue also seems to be limited to some Malbers component (like Mountable, Rider_3rdPerson and RiderCombat). Am I alone with this issue?

37. Malbers

Malbers

Found the Issue:
    is this line of Code on those scripts Editor:
    upload_2019-7-17_14-21-14.png

Just Comment that line and the flickering will go away..
    thanks for reporting this :)
    The Scripts are:
    Mountable Animal Editor
    Rider Editor
    Rider Combat Editor

mandisaw likes this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

Here is some of the Addons Assets my partner is working on:)

39. Yan-Pepin

Yan-Pepin

Great, it works! Thanks!

40. mandisaw

mandisaw

I'm at work and away from my dev computer, but I remember having similar issues with another asset. The new prefab workflow has a different method to mark objects "dirty", without which the Undo/Redo functionality is also broken.

Can't find the exact method, but I think it was under the experimental package's PrefabStage & PrefabStageUtility classes - docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Experimental.SceneManagement.PrefabStage.html

Edit: Found it, PrefabStageUtility.CurrentPrefabStage, then EditorSceneManager.MarkSceneDirty. There are a few forum answers on the subject - answers.unity.com/answers/1604555/view.html

Malbers likes this.
  41. Slyer112

Slyer112

Hi am having a small problem > when the horse sleep he start to slipping away with terrain > any idea how to fix that? !
    ya and 1 more thing the character can move the horse if it walked or ran through it?

And thank you for this great asset > keep up the good work

42. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! that happens because the colliders from the body touches the ground..
    it can be solved if you add this behaviours to the sleep Idle State:
    upload_2019-7-31_0-29-53.png

43. Slyer112

Slyer112

Sorry I did that but unfortunately, nothing changed still slipping on the ground when going to sleep? :(

44. Malbers

Malbers

There are two sleeps, the Action Sleep and the Time Out Sleep you need to do it for both

45. Slyer112

Slyer112

that's exactly what i did the horse still slipping like 91 Chevrolet Caprice :D Sorry for bothering you but i really wanna know how to fix it.
    actionhorse.PNG timeout.PNG actionhorse.PNG timeout.PNG

46. zhn17

zhn17

@Malbers Hello, I was considering buying HAP but before I actually purchase it I've got one major question

Does HAP support UNet / Mirror? If so, is there any documentation on how to set it up as it would be nice if it didn't take too long and wasn't too complicated :)

Only reason I'm asking that is because I'm making a horse game where you complete quests, earn reputation, etc, etc

Thanks

47. Plussmaci

Plussmaci

Hey @Malbers I`m still stuck on this one :c

The warning messages are gone, it`s just the mount up animation is not as it should be. I disabled all the character controller components, but it`s not helping. Any advice?

48. Malbers

Malbers

Unfortunaltely not, I haven't study or work with anything related to UNet photon or Mirror yet...

49. Malbers

Malbers

can you make a video about it ? to see closer the problem

50. zhn17

zhn17

Ah alright, is it possible that you can try and do some testing in the near future on Mirror though? would be appreciated :)