Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cryogee

cryogee

Hi

Yes. I do remember when I first prototyped my game I didn't run into mount problem.

Is it possible to give a basic lasso quickly :), also when can the mounting option be available?

BTW - I have two of your assets. Horsey and the character selector. GJ

Malbers likes this.
  2. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Thx , hope the new Models are out when i start by implement riding and driving :D

Malbers likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks your support! by owning two of my assets

The Start Mounting option will be available with the 2.0 update, I'm stuck polishing animations, modelling the armour for the horse and the compatibility with 3rd party assets.

the lasso, I will do it for the next tiny updates, after these big one. :)

Hopefully this update will arrive soon, I'm eager to finish it but need to be almost perfect!! for you guys have the best horse riding system experience 2.0 :D

montyfi likes this.
  4. jangomoose

jangomoose

a. that's a very interesting question, the first release was with the rider already mounted (mainly because I didn't have mounting or dismounting animations), so I will make that option available again! :)

plus 1 for this, just thought it was me that couldn't work out how to do it!

cryogee and Malbers like this.
  5. Malbers

Malbers

Mount on Start Added!!

Almost there guys!!! 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

hopeful likes this.
  6. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

wow Malbers that is so great work,Respect.I like it so mutch!

Malbers likes this.
  7. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

@Malbers

Will you include a new demo scene that include the lake that you show in your videos?

8. Malbers

Malbers

Yes longroadhwy The new Scene will be added,
    Im working on the new images and videos for this realease.. soon at last!! :D

here are a few!

9. Malbers

Malbers

Horse Animset Pro Animations.jpg Horse Animset Pro Fall 3 Horses.png Horse Animset Pro Fall Logic.png Horse Animset Pro FPS Controller.png Horse Animset Pro Swim Logic.png

hopeful likes this.
  10. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

@Malbers

This is great news. Thanks again for the screen shots too.

Malbers likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

Horse on Pending Review!!!

I will keep adding minor stuff that I left such as, Minecraft Horse and Poly Art, this Update was bigger than I though :D
    Meanwhile final Present:

HorseWebDemo updated

Cheers
    Malbers

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  12. hopeful

hopeful

Malbers likes this.
  13. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Nice :D

Malbers likes this.
  14. Gozdek

Gozdek

Looks awesome :)

Malbers likes this.
  15. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Can't wait for the release.

Playing with your demo.

system is FireFox 46.0.1 / Unity WebPlayer 5.3.4f / Windows 8.1

I noticed a few things with the cowboy. The cowboy can actually run/walk across the surface of the water. It is pretty cool to look at the cowboy standing on top of the water. You should definitely keep it.

The horse and rider look great when jumping into the water. It is really awesome to have the horse swimming in the water.

When horse is swimming it does not seem like it is possible to dismount from the horse at that point.

When jumping (while mounted on the horse) between the large grey blocks if you do not time it correctly you can get stuck. Or rather you and your horse are hanging onto the edge of the cliff by just the horse's nose.

16. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks longroadhwy, I will keep polishing some of those stuff,,
    The cowboy on the water :D I didn't realize it.... the horse controller is my asset after all, I just use the 3rd person controller from the standard assets as an example, maybe later I will add some swim animations to the cowboy,

About the horse getting stuck, I removed some code thinking it was unused, Now you made me remember what it was for.. :D I will added to the next quick fix update
    haha thanks

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    jangomoose and hopeful like this.
  17. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

I do not think cowboy on the water is an issue at all. Opsive Third Person Controller has swimming capability so it will not be an issue for me. It is cool looking display actually.

I was thinking a steeple chase would be a fun thing to create with this asset.

Keep up the good work.

Malbers likes this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

By the way I create these tutos for those who use Opsive and Invector, Enjoy!

SecretStudio and MIK3K like this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

Update is out guys!!,

MIK3K, jangomoose and hopeful like this.
  20. MIK3K

MIK3K

Wow, I don't even know what to say. I was pretty happy with the asset I bought in January but the work you have put into this package is amazing. Thank you.

hopeful and Malbers like this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks MIK3K, As always I will keep improving and adding more and more features to this asset, and as I said before: I want to be the best horse system on the store :D. I'm currently working on two more assets now but I already have another thick list of new stuff for my first baby! to work on the next update.

Guys if you find anything weird that need fixing please let me know!!
    Happy riding and swimming to all!!

22. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Holy Sheet! Looks Amazing, I tried web demo and will defo pick this up at the end of the month :D You done a Great Job!

Malbers likes this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

Hi guys minor Fix:
    V 2.0a
    - Fixed: When the horse jump from high places and the jump is not timing right the horse gets stuck by the head.
    - Fixed: The Horse and Rider animations some times loose synchronization.

hopeful likes this.
  24. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Thanks for these fixes. Version 2.0 is a great update.

Malbers likes this.
  25. jgiroux

jgiroux

When your 15 year old son who looks up to his fathers game creation skills for the last several years and says "Woah, dad when did you make the horse adjust to the terrain!! that's awesome!" and you realize you have to tell him it was as simple as hitting the update button....

seriously. This asset is worth the price of admission fellow game designers, and I expect even better things to come from this package in future updates.
    *did someone mention flying Pegasus?*

I'm so glad I bought this.

llJIMBOBll and Teila like this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

Hahah thanks jgiroux for the coment.. makes me very happy to see that all of you guys are very happy with Horsito 2.0
    I'm so glad that this update has such a great welcome, I will still adding more and more features , as soon I finish with the assets I'm working on right know, I will start with the next updates, Huge list I have of new features.

I still need to slay a big dragon (UFPS & Horse A P)..

Happy riding to all!!

27. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, Amazing asset and also Your Sniper is awesome too :D, I managed to make this work with RFPS (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/7739).. heres what I did.. I only have 1 small error which I'm not sure how to solve but doesn't affect anything.

-Add the Animator and Rider 1st Person from the demo to FPSPlayer obj
    (I ticked custom TPC not sure if makes a difference)

-In Rider1stPerson.cs add these lines
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //In Start
    2. mainCamTransform = Camera.main.transform;
    3.         movePlayerObj = mainCamTransform.parent.transform.GetComponent<MovePlayerAndCamera> ();
    6. //in EnableMounting
    7. if(movePlayerObj)
    8.         {
    9.             movePlayerObj.MovePlayer(movePlayerObj.movePos.position + (Vector3.up * movePlayerObj.FPSWalkerComponent.capsule.height * 0.5f), movePlayerObj.moveCamYaw, movePlayerObj.moveCamPitch);
    10.         }
    13. //in Disable Mounting
    14. movePlayerObj.MovePlayer(movePlayerObj.movePos.position + (Vector3.up * movePlayerObj.FPSWalkerComponent.capsule.height * 0.5f), movePlayerObj.moveCamYaw, movePlayerObj.moveCamPitch);
    -Rider.cs
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //Under regions at top
    2. #region Variables
    4.     [HideInInspector]
    5.     public MovePlayerAndCamera movePlayerObj;
    6.     [HideInInspector]
    7.     public Transform mainCamTransform;
    9. //Under Enable Mounting
    10. movePlayerObj.VisibleBodyObj.SetActive (false);
    11.         movePlayerObj.FPSPlayerObj.GetComponentInChildren<Footsteps> ().enabled = false;
    12.         movePlayerObj.FPSPlayerObj.GetComponentInChildren<FPSRigidBodyWalker> ().enabled = false;
    15. //Under Disable Mounting
    16. movePlayerObj.VisibleBodyObj.SetActive (true);
    17.         movePlayerObj.FPSPlayerObj.GetComponentInChildren<Footsteps> ().enabled = true;
    18.         movePlayerObj.FPSPlayerObj.GetComponentInChildren<FPSRigidBodyWalker> ().enabled = true;
    This is the error I get
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable movePos of MovePlayerAndCamera has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the movePos variable of the MovePlayerAndCamera script in the inspector.
    3. UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineTransformBindings.gen.cs:26)
    4. Rider1stPerson.EnableMounting () (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Rider/Rider1stPerson.cs:39)
    5. Rider1stPerson.Update () (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Rider/Rider1stPerson.cs:73)
    Thank You :D

Malbers likes this.
  28. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

I also have a question about footstep sounds, can you recommend something to use? or a way to add them.. Thank again Sir :D

Malbers likes this.
  29. Malbers

Malbers

Hey llJIMBOBll, about the footstep sounds, Invector release a Footstep system that he test it with the horse and it worked amazing.

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

The errors seem to be because, movePos and MovePlayerAndCamera are null, they have no value assigned or referenced, that most be the root of the problem, but is amazing that you manage to get it working with FPS controllers too, that is so amazing haha :D.

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  31. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Nice! Thank you so much! Works Perfect! :D :D

32. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

[/IMG]
    Hi, I'm testing with Third Person Controller, but I get some errors, either I get from the screenshot or It wont add any animations to the mounted state after I add to the player.

http://i68.tinypic.com/ev6gra.png

After I continue from this theres 999 errors saying
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Parameter 'HorseFloat' does not exist.
    2. UnityEngine.Animator:SetFloat(String, Single)
    3. BlendIdle:OnStateEnter(Animator, AnimatorStateInfo, Int32) (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Animator Behavior/BlendIdle.cs:10)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Parameter 'Hash 1818767752' does not exist.
    2. UnityEngine.Animator:SetBool(Int32, Boolean)
    3. HorseController:LinkingAnimator(Animator) (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Horse/HorseController.cs:243)
    4. HorseController:MovementSystem() (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Horse/HorseController.cs:751)
    5. HorseController:Update() (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Horse/HorseController.cs:784)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Parameter 'Hash -979808614' does not exist.
    2. UnityEngine.Animator:SetInteger(Int32, Int32)
    3. HorseController:LinkingAnimator(Animator) (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Horse/HorseController.cs:254)
    4. HorseController:MovementSystem() (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Horse/HorseController.cs:751)
    5. HorseController:Update() (at Assets/Horse/Scripts/Horse/HorseController.cs:784)
    Thanx again Sir and hope you can help :D

Using 5.3.5 :D

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  33. Malbers

Malbers

I just test it today and I left some parameters with the old names when you copy the mount layer, that's why you get those errors I already submitted the fix,
    but this is how it can be fixed manually:
    Rename the parameters on the animator of your character
    Galoping to Galloping
    HorseID
    to HorseInt
    Idle
    to HorseFloat

that should work

Sorry for the troubles guys,

If you find anything else please let me know

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    llJIMBOBll likes this.
  34. Malbers

Malbers

Tiny Update is up guys!

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  35. wood333

wood333

Today we tested Horse Animset Pro with Invector's TPCT and with Ork Framework. It was working as intended.

The horse animations are fantastic! You have really captured the nature of horse. I don't know what your other projects are, but I think you should make animations for other kinds of animals. I own several animal assets off the Unity3d Store, but with due respect for what they have provided, your horse animations are of a higher quality than their animal animations, plus, some of the animal packages lack a complete set of animations. If you make them, I will buy.

As to the walking on water issue, something will have to be adjusted. The v-bot seems unable to sep onto the water, although it can jump onto the water, whereupon, the v-bot becomes stuck in a fall animation, possibly because it cannot ray-cast past the water plane mesh collider to the lake floor.

36. Malbers

Malbers

Hahah Thanks wood, I really like doing animations, the horse was an old project that I decided to put to good use, and it has grown to a robust asset thanks to you guy.
    I don't like that much do modelling, because it takes so much work but, studying the asset store I realized that there are very good low poly (Poly Art )environments (but there's no characters and/or animals to fill them) so this is one of the assets I'm working on:
    13077153_10201641839444905_1992519747_n.jpg
    iQ3uSz.gif

The V-bot has no swimming logic I believe, I will suggest to Invector team to do it. One question though the V-bot while mounting, they still swim right?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    jangomoose likes this.
  37. wood333

wood333

Yes, when the v-bot is on the horse the horse swims.:)

Love that big cat walking!

Malbers likes this.
  38. Teila

Teila

Me too!!! I wish I was making a low poly game. lol

Malbers likes this.
  39. clarson2974

clarson2974

Any estimates on when you think UFPS support will be added? I had it working with UFPS as well as UFPS networking, but I wasn't able to really extend any of the code to do so and had to make a new copy and make a lot of changes. Of course now I'm back to square one (almost) after the update, but with these fantastic additions I can't ignore them :) Anyhow, I may hold off on adding this asset back in until UFPS support is added so that I don't have to rework things again.

This is a great asset, by the way!

Malbers likes this.
  40. Malbers

Malbers

Hey clarson2974 , I'm working on two new assets at the moment, so the horse is on hold at least for may and june, so for now... the horse will be intact, just minor fixed that you guys find .

It's Amazing that you made it work with UFPS, honestly I haven't done much with UFPS yet, I just purchased it and that's is :D. so feel free to work on the new integration if it is not too much work..

I will love to see a video with UFPS and HorseAP. :rolleyes: even with and old horse version

41. hopeful

hopeful

Malbers likes this.
  42. Malbers

Malbers

Hey hopeful I will make a tutorial on How to extend HAP, to any Kind of Horse from 3DsMAX, In order to work the bones has to be the with the same name and orientation, so a re-rig for the model is necessary, but in a easy way :).

I will Keep you posted.

hopeful likes this.
  43. clarson2974

clarson2974

I'll do one better - here is a video of UFPS and HorseAP v2.0.

Still need to do some cleanup, and then I want to add network support. When I'm done if you would like, I'll send you my changes. You are free to include them in your asset if you would like. It would save me the need to re-integrate after updates ;)

Malbers and llJIMBOBll like this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

clarson2974 Just Amazing!!!

I would Like very much to inlcude your work on the asset , so I can focus on other more features like waggons pull, and combat while ridding (bow, sword, fire weapons, spears):D:D:D , and finally peggasus

Just beautiful!!

45. clarson2974

clarson2974

Good to hear! I'm setting the changes up with a compiler directive, so to use with UFPS you just have to add one for it to include the proper code. I may have some questions regarding the dismounting animations (his feet are in the ground for a moment). Is your email the best way to contact you for those sorts of things? I won't have a lot of movement on it this week because I'm out of town for work, but hopefully will get some good movement on this after that.

46. Malbers

Malbers

Hi Guys for those who Use Horse Animset Pro and Invector, there're some changes in this new version 1.3c. Just change on the InvectorCompatible.cs InitialSetup(); for Init(); and that should solve the problem. I'm already uploading this tiny fix.

Cheers Malbers

wood333 likes this.
  47. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

Hi,
    I just downloaded your pack and tried to install it with invector 3rd person but where is rider 3rd person script ??
    I can't find it in the "scripts" folder ...

48. Malbers

Malbers

Hey mediaticsvc64

Here is the script
    rider.png :

Remember to change on the InvectorCompatible.cs InitialSetup(); for Init();

Cheers Malbers

49. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

I have no folder,in the "scripts" folder, and i reimported twice....

Attached Files:

50. Malbers

Malbers

I know What Happens! you get the older version of the asset,

If you use Unity below 5.3.0 you will get the older version, this new version 2.0a uses unity 5.3 features, you can upgrade you unity and you will get the latest version... hopes is no much trouble to updgrade your project