Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Malbers

Malbers

Comment this line on the Rider3rdPerson Script:
    upload_2019-3-16_12-39-31.png

2. tredpro

tredpro

I dont know why I didnt think of that. Sorry for bothering you about that

3. Malbers

Malbers

Here's a sneak peak on the new update for HAP.

My little horse was my first asset and he deserves to be spoiled with new models and animations worthy of his reputation ;)

1.png

4. Malbers

Malbers

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

Animations are awesome as always, but something is off with the connection between neck and torso. Looks like it was cut off and sewed together ;) Might be just the texture tought because it's brighter there.

mandisaw and hopeful like this.
  6. Malbers

Malbers

is a wrinkle on the neck on the normal map :p

from another angle looks normal ;)
    upload_2019-3-17_14-27-36.png

DrOcto, mandisaw and Rowlan like this.
  7. eaque

eaque

many thanks!
    i missed the particle texture slot at first glance!
    :oops:

8. stvster

stvster

Hi,Is there a way to use weapons while not mounted?
    Thanx,
    Steve

9. Malbers

Malbers

HAP is focused on doing everything while mounted... the controller I provide for the Rider while he is on foot is just the same that comes from the standard assets... nothing fancy there.... That is why is best to combine HAP with Invector or Ootii's MC... they focus on Combat while is not on the horse

mandisaw and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  10. AllahRakha

AllahRakha

How Mount Multiple on horse and cart

and how AI mount work in it

Malbers likes this.
  11. unity_pEDXtplRHxrFbw

unity_pEDXtplRHxrFbw

Hi, can I ask why there are no meshes in the Rideable Animals/Creatures folder on your google drive or are these just meant as templates for third party assets? :)
    Also I'm currently using the HAP on a project and would be curious if there is an estimated release date for the update?
    Cheers

12. wood333

wood333

HAP 3.1.7a and Unity 5.6.6 and Invector Shooter 1.3.0

Strange happenings when I have more than one horse in the scene.

Sometimes on dismount: The invector controller may not reactivate. The reins of one horse began to reference (stretch to) another horse. The HAP controller continued to move the horse with the character standing on the ground. On mount: I stand next to one horse,but end up mounted to the other horse. Stuff like that. But only when I have more than one horse.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  13. stvster

stvster

Thanx for the info!

14. Malbers

Malbers

That is why Im working on a new update ;) to add that feature

15. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Emerald AI integration ;)

Malbers likes this.
  16. Malbers

Malbers

They are ready prefabs that are set with the Mount script ...

You will need both assets on the project in order the make it work

Right now I'm working on the Models and New Animations, that they should be finish on March... then I will work on the New controller on April...

On May I will travel to Cuba

If everything goes well, when I return before may ends, it should be ready..

17. Malbers

Malbers

One thing at a time ;)

18. Malbers

Malbers

Humm I think I found that one...

Here's the fix

if the problems continues please let me know :)

Attached Files:

Weblox and wood333 like this.
  19. AllahRakha

AllahRakha

how we ride the rider on horse auto when horse near the rider

20. Malbers

Malbers

Humm that's a good one... do you mean without pressing the Mount Button?
    I will add that to the new features ;)

JBR-games likes this.
  21. CreativeEnd

CreativeEnd

Those new horse models look really pretty, can't wait.

Malbers likes this.
  22. perhubdevelopment

perhubdevelopment

Is it possible to use UMA characters as the rider?
    I can't get it to work.

regards

23. Malbers

Malbers

I havent touch yet UMA .. I'm working on the controller and animations so I can work next on the integrations I have on queue

24. hopeful

hopeful

I would think HAP would integrate mainly with character controllers. Not sure how it would integrate with UMA, which doesn't have its own character controller. You would create an UMA and then have it mount the horse like any other character, using some sort of controller ... right?

Malbers likes this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

The new saddle for HAP is finished!... the old one was getting out of fashion
    Olv-vs-new.jpg

DrOcto, Jaimi, MrB0t and 4 others like this.
  26. NextGame22

NextGame22

Hi, can RFPS integration and you can do a tutorial please! Thanks

99thmonkey likes this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

That integrations is on my to do list but it wont be ready until the new update for HAP is released

28. redoxoder

redoxoder

hello, does the integration of the game kit controller (gkc) from two cubes is in planning ??
    thanks

29. unity_pEDXtplRHxrFbw

unity_pEDXtplRHxrFbw

Is there a way to put the hands of the rider flat on the animal? Not all animals have reins and it looks weird when the character still holds his hands in front of him in the air.

Edit: I also have run into another issue. I created several different characters and trying different mounted animals and when dismounting the animal, they all have the same issue that the foot seems to get "stuck" for a few frames, making the character jump up just before he touches the floor. (Already tried fixing with the Transform Animatin script) I assume it got something to do with the foot IK.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

Every integration is planed after I finish the Horse Update

31. Malbers

Malbers

Unfortunately the animations are made for holding reins.... I believe you can do it via script but it can be a bit complicated.

32. Malbers

Malbers

Here are most of the new animations for HAP... all the jumps (Finally!) are improved... I have also added Strafe animations so YAY... and on the rider you will get ... Rifle, spears and throwables and some new Dismount animations

Now Back to work :)

33. Malbers

Malbers

Also Also the Poly Art Horse has now the Color4x4 Shader so you make new skins Right Inside Unity
    upload_2019-4-23_11-44-35.png

transat and jangomoose like this.
  34. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

@Malbers Do you know why I am getting this error when I dismount either a horse or Irval? I am using Invector Shooter 1.3.

Code (CSharp):
    1. rgumentException: Object of type 'UnityEngine.Object' cannot be converted to type 'UnityEngine.Transform'.
    2. System.RuntimeType.CheckValue (System.Object value, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    3. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.ConvertValues (System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterInfo[] pinfo, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    4. System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.DoInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    5. System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    6. System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    7. UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetObjectCall (UnityEngine.Object target, System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, UnityEngine.Events.ArgumentCache arguments) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:470)
    8. UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetRuntimeCall (UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase theEvent) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:437)
    9. UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCallGroup.Initialize (UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList invokableList, UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase unityEventBase) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:610)
    10. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.RebuildPersistentCallsIfNeeded () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:780)
    11. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.PrepareInvoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:816)
    12. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:53)
    13. MalbersAnimations.HAP.Rider3rdPerson.End_Dismounting () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/Rider3rdPerson.cs:189)
    14. MalbersAnimations.HAP.DismountBehavior.OnStateExit (UnityEngine.Animator animator, UnityEngine.AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, System.Int32 layerIndex) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Animator Behavior/DismountBehavior.cs:67)

35. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

Is there a way to disable fall and align? I have no use for these and I don't want to be running the raycasts all the time. I tried setting the raycast field to zero but I just got a divide by zero error.

Malbers likes this.
  36. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

I figured out my issue... The next thing that happens is if I run into a building or tree, the Invector TPC camera gets all jacked up. Anyways to get it to always stay in the same positions?

37. Malbers

Malbers

That is why I'm working on a new controller... so you can easily enable/disable those unwanted raycasts.. as for now the solution is to go to the code and comment that sections:
    upload_2019-5-2_13-50-39.png
    upload_2019-5-2_13-51-26.png

JBR-games and JohnnyFactor like this.
  38. Malbers

Malbers

I have running into that bug too... even without the horse... i'm still trying to figure out where is coming from sorry :(

JBR-games and Weblox like this.
  39. Malbers

Malbers

Hi guys!
    Here's some news:

Today at midnight I'm travelling to Cuba for two Weeks to visit my family.. so I won't be around until May 19...
    Unity's pages (store, forums, site ) are blocked on Cuba due to US Sanctions..
    So ..if you need to contact me try reach me via email malbers.shark87@gmail.com, and when I get some Internet on my hands I'll try to reply.

I will try to keep working on the new controller while I'm there but with less intensity..

Here's a preview of the new Controller:
    upload_2019-5-3_10-33-56.png

The beauty with it is that now you can Add/remove Enable/Disable features without affecting the main core controller

For example ... if you do not want your animal to Jump (Elephant) or your game does not have water (Swim), or you Do not need the Fly State... you can simply remove/disable those states) and make it a lot Simpler/Faster...

I've being studying all the Character controllers out there and I have being taking the best of all of them... The main Inspiration is the 3D game Kit from Unity. it is very simple, but elegant.
    It will work with Humanoids as well (the Rider will use this new controller too).

• It has also Gravity changes, and Planetary functionality. (for Mario galaxy type games)
    • It has less Animator Parameters
    • The Main Camera System will be now CINEMACHINE...
    • Unity version 2018.1 +

But at the end is the Same Animal Controller ... but Modular YAY

I have plans to Make the Controller a separated Asset and I will put it free .. that way it will be so much easier to Update the controller alone, than having it on each animal and updating all the animals every time I add a new variable.

Things are coming quite nicely and I'm really happy with the new controller ...

HAP would get a whole new face this year!!

I also have not forgotten the Pegasus and the Unicorn ;):D

I think that is all .
    Cheers
    Malbers

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    TeagansDad, John-G, transat and 9 others like this.
  40. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

Enjoy your holiday!

Felicidades

41. Rowlan

Rowlan

Sounds awesome, @Malbers your controllers are still the best. Have a nice holiday! And don't forget, I need realistic animals :D

Btw HAP: Camels would also be nice for desert scenes ;)

Malbers likes this.
  42. mandisaw

mandisaw

Hey, a fellow desert-setting dev! Especially if you're doing realist-style, there are several camels on the store already, and you can add the HAP integration to them pretty easily. I'm doing a stylized-low poly look, and picked up a recent camel asset in that style, which I'm planning to make mountable (caravan adventures FTW!).

Malbers, transat and Rowlan like this.
  43. Plussmaci

Plussmaci

Sorry if I might miss something. Have the same issue, commented out the line but the hash errors are still there and the animation is still off :c

I have migrated to 2019.1.1f1 and it was working well in 2018.2.14f1, could it be Unity missing something? I had issues with GAIA not being able to access package managers to resolve dependencies.

44. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

What happened to the ootti´s integration for the third person motion controller or how can i integrate horse animset pro into it?

Sorry, i found it.
    Also i have some questions.

1. The bow is working when the character is walking but not on the horse. It do not appear if i push the number 2 key but i do not get an error. What should i check or do to get this to work.

2. If the character has also the shooter motion pack. How can it shoot with a pistol for example?
    So if i have the bow equiped i use the bow but when i equiped the pistol i use it?

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  45. tredpro

tredpro

What would cause the horse to slide around when I'm mounted using invector?

46. Malbers

Malbers

47. tredpro

tredpro

48. hopeful

hopeful

Welcome back, Malbers! I hope you had a great vacation. :)

Malbers likes this.
  49. Malbers

Malbers

Thank you!!! I'm fully recharged!!

mandisaw, DrOcto and hopeful like this.
  50. Malbers

Malbers

Then let's dive into it :)
    Help me to see if I can reproduce the problem
    - Which version of Unity are you using?
    - Are you using the last version of HAP and Invector?
    - Can you record a video showing the bug

Cheers!