Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kironde-Namusanga

Kironde-Namusanga

hey, I'm having a real hard time setting this up with RFPSP https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/realistic-fps-prefab-7739
    It would be lovely if anyone had any ideas on getting the first person character to mount the horse.
    I created a script that runs this code
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public void Mount()
    2.     {
    3.         ///test
    5.         rider.Montura = montura;
    6.         rider.AlreadyMounted();
    7.         ///test
    8.     }
    But the player doesn't really mount the horse his shadow just appears on top of it (it's probably just a place holder
    shadow on the horse), I would love it if you could provide some help on that.

2. MrB0t

MrB0t

The 2Horses wont stay on the ground when used on their own (no wagon). if you change the Y they then get stuck off the ground or sometimes they fall through the ground too. Appears to be an exponential effect going on.

3. Malbers

Malbers

Sadly the Unity wheel collider is very unstable.... I'm working on a custom solution to avoid using it.... for now I just recommend using the wagon models .

twobob and Weblox like this.
  4. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Hi malbers i have a question over the the bow and arrow script , is that poissibel to use that to scripts only without the riding and mount controller? i will use the bow and the arrow scripts for a littel fps sampel.

5. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @Malbers - Invector just updated the TPC (Shooter) to 1.3 , which is an awesome update, but I think it broke something with the HAP 3 Integration. Basic Interactions are still working fine, but there seems to be an issue with movement once the player has mounted. Can you plz look into this?

Thnx in advance & keep up the good work!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    SickaGames1 likes this.
  6. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there!
    Unfortunately The logic for Aiming and firing/attacking are embebed on the Rider Combat System and the animations that used are Firing arrows mounting a horse. Separate the Bow logic from the mounting system would be very tricky...

7. Malbers

Malbers

A new Update?? :D:D;)

I'm on it... let me see what broke this time

Weblox likes this.
  8. TCROC

TCROC

@Malbers Why did most of your assets get deprecated?

9. Malbers

Malbers

It was a mistake on the last submissions.... an added by accident an unwanted file on the Upload.
    Please apologies for the inconveniences All assets will be restored today.

10. TCROC

TCROC

@Malbers Awesome thanks! No worries :)

11. redoxoder

redoxoder

hello
    thanks for your great asset :DD

any new for invector TPC (Shooter) 1.3 fixe intégration ??
    hope a futur integration of tpcs (third person cover shooter) soon ;DDD

thanks

Malbers likes this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

I'm working on it as we speak :D

Weblox and Rowlan like this.
  13. wood333

wood333

I am working on an Invector integration between Shooter v 1.2.3 and HAP v 3.1.7a in Unity 5.6.6.

I downloaded the current Integration folder and followed the set up video for movement.

1. When I mount a horse while with a melee weapon in hand it is disabled, (not using HAP combat setup). It reappears when I get off, which is good. However, When I get off a horse with a gun, the gun does not reappear when I dismount.

2. Unity refuses to permit me to drag the mounts from the Integration folder into the scene. I am able to drag in prefabs from the main Horse Anim Pro folder.

3. The zoom EDIT: appears to be working on the mount now. It may have been my problem understanding the HAP camera states script.

4. Something shakes the horse. It's a large shake, as though the mount is not being moved every frame. I will keep working on this with the camera state settings.

5. Final issue: My player can stand beside one horse, yet mount a horse meters away

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  14. Malbers

Malbers

Rowlan and Weblox like this.
  15. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @Malbers. I'm getting a similar issue with UFPS. Added the rider script and UFPS adv player script and player mounts horse and animations play when you move player but the horse does not move in world space(just play animations. Is there a fix for UFPS First person controller too?

16. christougher

christougher

Is it possible to aim the bow using Ik? Like in this final Ik video?

17. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @Malbers, is there a discord for this asset?

18. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, I'm waiting for Optive TPC2 integration. What is ETA?

And also, you have too many Editor folders(listed under each folders) and this makes it very difficult to create Assembly Definision file. Can you please put all Editor folders into a single Editor folder?

Thanks.

19. Malbers

Malbers

AndyNeoman likes this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

Which version of UFPS are you using? 1 or 2... because there's no Integration for UFPS2 or TCP2 yet

21. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @chrisk My schedule for now is finishing the Elemental Dragon (February), then The big Update for HAP (March) and after I finish that I will continue with the integrations... Apologies for the inconveniences this may cause.

Noted... This will be solved on the Next update

22. Malbers

Malbers

You can use a Game Object as a Target on the Rider Combat Script.... To simulate the behaviour on that video...You might disable on the Arrow prefab the gravity, that way the arrow will go straight

christougher likes this.
  23. Rowlan

Rowlan

Any ETA on the realistic animals? I hope the same guy does them who did Irval. He did a most awesome job :)

wood333 likes this.
  24. Malbers

Malbers

So much things to do So little time :D:D I want the animals too haha but the Horse has priority this time

Willbkool_FPCS and Rowlan like this.
  25. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

standard UFPS 1.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  26. Malbers

Malbers

I found out that all the prefabs are broken when I try to Downgrade from 2017.1 to 5.6
    The solution is to :
    1- Open the Project on 2017...
    2- On an empty scene drag all the prefabs you need to Use on 5.6.
    3- Break the Prefab Instance (Menu GameObject -> Break Prefab Instance)
    4- Save the Scene and export it into an Unitypackage .
    5- On Unity 5.6 import the Unitypackage (the Scene with all the Prefabs with Broken Instance)
    6- Replace the Prefabs on the scene with the ones of the Scene you use.

Since you are not using any weapon while riding the horse ..
    You can create a small script to let Invector's Controller Know that is mounting and dismounting the Horse (Listening the Riders OnStartMounting /OnEndDismounting Events).
    That way when mounting the horse (OnStartMounting) you can Lock all the Weapon uses on the Controller and avoid Equipping Unequipping any weapon. If a weapon is equipped before mounting (Unequipped it)
    and when the rider Finish Dismounting (OnEndDismounting) you can restore all uses of the weapons (inventory) again..
    That is what I kind of did on the Melee and Shooter Integration to the weapons that are not compatible with HAP (Sniper, ShootGun... etc... )..

Basically what the camera states does is to change the FreeLookCamera position of the camera and Pivot when a new state is set.... if you are using the Invector's Camera you can ignore my camera states settings....
    Try changing the Update Mode on the Animator to Animate Physics... I'll look into that

Reduce the size of the Mount Triggers Colliders...(not the Position of the Colliders... just the boundaries)

Hope that helps..

wood333 likes this.
  27. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @Malbers is there an ETA on the fix for UFPS1 integration?

28. Malbers

Malbers

Hi guys.... Lately I have being a bit slow with the support... here's why:
    Since the Assets have gain some popularity the
    Request for support has increased exponentially..
    Mainly Because I'm now on Unity, Unreal, Sketchfab, CGTrader and CubeBrush...
    Request come from all places, Store Forums, Youtube comments, Email, Facebook Page, Twitter, Unity Connect...
    Some Request are easy and I usually have the answer. But others require more time to finish.
    On top of that I being having some Personal problems that requires my full attention. and lastly I'm working on new assets too... I need to keep the engine working ;)

I have all the Request, on my Keep Page, they are not forgotten.

I ask sincerely for your patience if I haven't solve your issue.

Regards Malbers
    upload_2019-2-5_9-51-56.png

29. Malbers

Malbers

I have imported on an empty project UFPS1 and HAP latest version on 2017.1.3f
    Then the Integration and everything seems to be working as expected...

Try Enabling this:

Attached Files:

AndyNeoman likes this.
  30. wood333

wood333

SOLUTION: What works for me is to set the camera states HAP script Ride state "Smooth Damp" to 5. Smooth damp of 1 works with the Invector Camera watching the Invector Player, but when the Player is mounted the camera needs a higher smooth damp. I moved it up from 1 to 5 on the "ride" state and the shake stopped.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Weblox likes this.
  31. Weblox

Weblox

Honestly, I don't see Issues with your support. It didn't take you more than a few days to update the latest Invector Integration and you are on the Forum on a daily basis. We've seen much worse...:cool:

Anyways, thanx for addressing and keep up the good work.

EDIT: So I couldn't resist and picked up Irval the Wyvern for my Invector Project and it's working great and rly awesome. However since Irval is so much bigger than the little Dragons or the Horse I tried to implement a seperate Camera State for him (when mounted), but looking at the Invector HAP Link Shooter Script, it seems those are hardcoded there (?) :confused:

Can we get another CameraState (e.g."Riding big Creature") when mounting Irval or Unkas with a future update, plz?

As always, thnks in advance...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Malbers and Rowlan like this.
  32. wood333

wood333

What we did was add the vMeleeWeapon script to the shooter weapons. Now they are re-enabled on dismount. I think, it would be better if your integration enabled the shooter weapons on dismount, like you do the melee weapons. However, our less then elegant solution works with no coding, just the extra component.

Malbers likes this.
  33. Malbers

Malbers

That is a great suggestion... I'll add a boolean to use Weapons while mounting

34. wood333

wood333

Do I need the common script "SerializedPropertyExtensions.cs in a Unity 5.6.6 build, because I get build errors for this or a missing assembly reference? HAP 3.1.7a

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  35. Malbers

Malbers

You can remove it with no problem....

wood333 likes this.
  36. IsntCo

IsntCo

@Malbers

I've set up Ootii with the latest HAP/Animal assets.
    There are a few problems, which are shown in this video:

https://gyazo.com/68a2860edbeda0d7c0e37ab1e4890ec6

1) As the player is mounting the animal, the animal gets pushed to the side until he is fully mounted
    2) After the player is mounted, he blinks (the mesh literally blinks in-out visibility briefly)
    3) Once mounted, the Ootii Camera Controller does not follow movement
    4) When dismounting, the animal gets pushed far away

I'm using the latest version of all the assets and I've followed both HAP/Ootii videos, replicating the same steps.

I believe some of these were issues I saw with the previous HAP+Ootii integration.

When mounting, I also noticed this console error (Unity 2018.2.11f1):

ArgumentException: failed to convert parameters
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:484)
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:528)
    System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/ConstructorInfo.cs:77)
    UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetObjectCall (UnityEngine.Object target, System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, UnityEngine.Events.ArgumentCache arguments) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:470)
    UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetRuntimeCall (UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase theEvent) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:437)
    UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCallGroup.Initialize (UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList invokableList, UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase unityEventBase) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:610)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.RebuildPersistentCallsIfNeeded () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:776)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.PrepareInvoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:812)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:53)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Mountable.set_Mounted (Boolean value) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Horse/Mountable.cs:118)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Rider.Start_Mounting () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/Rider.cs:210)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Rider3rdPerson.Start_Mounting () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/Rider3rdPerson.cs:153)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.MountBehavior.OnStateEnter (UnityEngine.Animator animator, AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, Int32 layerIndex) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Animator Behavior/MountBehavior.cs:40)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  37. Malbers

Malbers

Hey there Alex!

Apologies for the late response but I'm back again ;)

So some of the error you can solve it like this:

• Re-import the Boar Rideable Version.. I fix the prefab , on the OnMounted Event the Set Camera Target was empty.. (that is causing the camera to not follow the Character) upload_2019-2-25_13-42-13.png
    • The Rider's Code is missing a condition here: upload_2019-2-25_13-40-51.png That is causing the blink
    • Remember to set on the Actor Controller Script the Collision Layers to animal also:
    upload_2019-2-25_13-43-53.png

If the Problem continues please let me know

38. IsntCo

IsntCo

All fixed, thanks!

Malbers likes this.
  39. edrogersiv

edrogersiv

How does the head track work? Is it a script? We've updated to the latest version and don't seem to have it.

40. desertGhost_

desertGhost_

Hi Malbers,

Would it be possible for you to add a horse mane variation where the mane only falls to either the left or right side of the neck?

Thanks.

41. Malbers

Malbers

The Script is there.. but the Horse does not have applied to it... If you need it... add the look At Script and add some bones to it with some rotations offsets

edrogersiv likes this.
  42. Malbers

Malbers

I will do that :)

43. edrogersiv

edrogersiv

Cool thanks! I see it. For some reason I thought the script was called HeadTrack.

Malbers likes this.
  44. stvster

stvster

Hi all, I forgot where the Change/Replace Rider character info/tut was. All help appreciated.
    Thanx,
    Steve

45. stvster

stvster

EDIT: Found it,Thanx

46. eaque

eaque

HI,
    a little question how can i change the sprite of the horse track particle?
    i use your system on my humanoid (and it works very well:) thx for time saved).
    i would like to get a sprite of a real human foot...:p

btw, still haven't checked last update but jump logic looks awesome!!!!;)

Malbers likes this.
  47. tredpro

tredpro

Any idea why I cant copy the animator states and stuff to paste into another controller? I can copy from other controllers and also paste into this one but I cant copy from yours

48. Dermestes

Dermestes

I am in the process of integrating the third person controller from RPG Character Mecanim Animation Pack by Explosive https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/animations/rpg-character-mecanim-animation-pack-63772 with the Horse Animset Pro.

I am having issues with the mounting/dismount which can be seen here

I get the Warning in the console from the time I mount until dismounting:

Parameter type 'Hash 1080068516' does not match.
    UnityEngine.Animator:SetBool(Int32, Boolean)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Rider3rdPerson:SyncAnimator() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/Rider3rdPerson.cs:328)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
    MalbersAnimations.Animal:LinkingAnimator() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalMovement.cs:197)
    MalbersAnimations.Animal:LateUpdate() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Animal/AnimalMovement.cs:849)

Anyone have suggestions or have been able to get it to work with this specific controller?

Thanks.

49. Malbers

Malbers

haha is easy to use a foot print sprite ..internet is full of them ;) just duplicate any prefab and change the texture on the particles ;)

eaque likes this.
  50. Malbers

Malbers

that is because the Mount Layer is a direct reference on your animator ...if you want to copy/paste/duplicate you need to do it on the Mount Layer... which is here:
    upload_2019-3-16_12-20-20.png