Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pbrowne

pbrowne

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

That's Vegetation Studio Pro and Meadow Environment. I was using the demo scene of Meadow Environment and tried to see how it works with the horses. The demo scene however requires other assets like RAM and CTS. Basically all I did was drag and drop assets :)

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Some more horses since the creation is so much fun :)

02.jpg
    05.jpg
    07.jpg

Willbkool_FPCS and hopeful like this.
  4. BillO

BillO

I have a demo scene with ootii Motion Controller and Horse Animation Pro. Everything is working fine in the Unity Editor. The character can mount and ride the horse without any issues. However, when I attempt a build the following error is generated:

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Utility/SerializedPropertyExtensions.cs(11,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SerializedProperty' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Malbers likes this.
  5. MrG

MrG

Anyone know what I need to do about these warnings?

upload_2018-11-18_15-12-48.png

6. HenryChinaski

HenryChinaski

Just look a few posts before. Someone said you can just delete the script.

7. BillO

BillO

Thank you!

8. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys I'm Back!

I hope you haven't had much troubles with HAP ;)

Oh Wait you guys have !!

Sorry for the SerializedPropertyExtensions script errors....
    That is because that script is an Editor Script and it should be on an Editor Folder... you can move it to an Editor folder or simply remove it ... because is not used yet... is part of the new modular controller I'm making for all the animals....

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Rowlan and Weblox like this.
  9. Malbers

Malbers

Again you can remove that .... apologies for those errors I was in a hurry for the vacations.... and some things got loose on the last update

10. Malbers

Malbers

To call the horses you need to add the Mount Ai script and a nav mesh agent
    upload_2018-11-26_21-39-17.png

Also the rider will call the one that is stored on its Start Mounted Parameter:
    upload_2018-11-26_21-40-32.png
    if that parameter is empty... no horse will be called

hopeful likes this.
  11. Malbers

Malbers

Those warnings can be ignored... those are animations warnings

12. pbrowne

pbrowne

Thanks Malbers. Hope you enjoyed your holiday in Cuba.

Still having problems with the horse call and mounting a horse as first person.

On my player I have the Rider FPC script as follows:

p1.png

Then on the mountable Horse Poly Art (this is your prefab) I have:

e3.png

Press F and whistle is fine but the horse just ignores me ;(

Also, attempting to mount the horse in close proximity to the horse with F, produces an error:

error 1.png

This also happens on the demo scene HAP Sample FPS (after adding the mountable to the Rider FPC..)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  13. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for finding that error :) that happens with the IK Reins that tries to find the hands of the rider to align it to them.. and since the FPS does not have any hands then throws that error...

Replace this script and it should work again...
    Also Also in order to the horse move on the Terrain a navMesh should be Baked :)

Try it and tell me if you have any issues

Cheers
    Malbers

Attached Files:

14. pbrowne

pbrowne

Thanks Malbers.

The new script fixed the errors.

Can now mount and calling works now as well...and the horse doth followth...:)

h1_.png

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  15. pbrowne

pbrowne

I have set a constraint on my FPC camera to limit looking up and down to 45 degrees above and below the horizon. This is fine, but mainly done to stop the ability to look underneath the player when mounted - e.g to view the 'empty' saddle that he is meant to be sitting on! This also occurs in the FP Rider sample scene...

There really should be some constraint on this in HAP for the first person rider.

Now, I would like to constrain the ability of the FP rider to look backwards in the X axis. The FP rider really should not have the ability to look directly behind him past the horse's tail when mounted, as this would be restricted by the anatomy of sitting on a horse. I don't mind limiting the player camera for example to 135 degrees left and right, which would be realistic. Any more than 135 degrees and the player would need to physically turn around to look backwards as a real person does.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  16. pbrowne

pbrowne

Oh, after riding then getting off, the horse call no longer works...

17. Malbers

Malbers

The controller for the FPS Rider is the same from the Standard Assets Rigid Body FPS Controller ... I haven't modify much there.. just the way the Shift sprint key is done...

About the Up and Down Constraints, you can do it by changing the Max and Min X on the Mouse Look:
    upload_2018-11-29_14-1-17.png
    The other Constraint on the Y axis rotation is not implemented...

Thanks for catching this bug :) here's the fix!

Attached Files:

18. pbrowne

pbrowne

OK thanks!

I was thinking that it might be implementable in the RiderFPC script on IsRiding setting the constraint of the player camera, which on my Game Kit Controller player, is nested in the GKC hierarchy...

h.png

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  19. Rowlan

Rowlan

20. transat

transat

@Malbers How are you going with the new Opsive integration?

21. Rowlan

Rowlan

hopeful likes this.
  22. Rowlan

Rowlan

Also, if you feel like enchanting a forest, just change the angle of the particle emitter and the alpha texture of the particle:

uni 01.jpg
    uni 02.jpg

eaque, Malbers and hopeful like this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

Is on hold... I'm rewriting the my controller to make it work better with other Assets

transat and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  24. eaque

eaque

very funny pics! and very nice fx! thanks for sharing!:)

Rowlan likes this.
  25. MrB0t

MrB0t

This is a great asset... Is there an easy way to make the Rider shoot when not on a horse?

Malbers likes this.
  26. eaque

eaque

I don't remember but i suppose this shooting animation must be on another animator layer for upperbody?? If so simply set the layer to 1 via script...I guess...:oops:
    Was thinking of this to make my character use his bow...

Malbers likes this.
  27. pbrowne

pbrowne

I have put the Wagon Ready AI prefab in my scene and set the Ground Layer for both horses to the Terrain (same as the working HAP horse in the scene...). Nothing else has been changed. However, on play, the Wagon Ready AI takes off from the ground going quite high... Not sure what is happening here.

Malbers likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

Horse Animset Pro is focused on the Riding system... that is why the Character Controller for when the Rider is on foot is a very simple one... in fact is the same from the Standards Assets..

That is why I made the controller compatible with other full controllers on the Store like Invector or Ootii Motion Controller.. (Opsive TCP2 is on hold at the moment)

You can also create your own ... and make it compatible with HAP ... some of you have done it... and I can guide you on how to do it

MrB0t likes this.
  29. Malbers

Malbers

That is in fact a problem with the wheels colliders because they are very unstable.... I will remove them and create a custom wheel controller to solve that in the future... but for the moment what you can do is to move the wagon prefab a bit higher/lower until that effect is gone :( that is the only solution I have found to solve it

Weblox likes this.
  30. Sloyserg

Sloyserg

Any news on this yet?

31. Rowlan

Rowlan

See post above, you can just delete it.

32. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Hi, I own the asset and I have the integration with Invector, but we are planning to move to UCC2, on the web I see is integrated with Opsive TCP, but is already integrated with Opsive UCC 2? Thanks

33. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

[Physics.PhysX] RigidBody::setRigidBodyFlag: kinematic bodies with CCD enabled are not supported! CCD will be ignored.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Is this just because I'm using 2018.3. This is in the HAP Performance Test scene.

34. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Yh I had this error with 2018.3 with all my ai, switch the rigid bodies set to kinetic to the Continuous Speculative and the errors should remove

Malbers likes this.
  35. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

i can't get the error to go away. I'm in the scene and not sure which object is causing it. I have not modified the scene at all.

36. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

And I'm getting errors in the provided Demo Scenes... maybe I need to reload HAP

37. Rowlan

Rowlan

Modded HAP horse in action :D

Malbers, hopeful and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  38. Lemonua

Lemonua

Please remove different wagon types from asset screenshots and video. No reasons to to show them if you don't have them in your asset.

39. Malbers

Malbers

Apologies guys ... I haven't being around. I took my laptop... but I haven't be able to do anything... my family forbid me to work on these holidays .

I looooove it!

I can't get it out either :( I'm investigating what is causing that .... and for the next tiny update (with the new wyvern on January) i will release the patch... thanks for your patience!

That is a simple demonstration that you can use those other asset with the wagons...
    in the video specifies that those assets are not included and they belong to another publisher.

Also on the integrations folder they are the prefabs for those assets.. ready and already set

Rowlan likes this.
  40. redoxoder

redoxoder

hello
    any news for integration for third person cover shooter ? or any help to do it ?
    thanks

41. Rowlan

Rowlan

Please don't ask for patience with such a tease, specifics please: Wyvern at begin of January, middle of January, end of January, UAS delay of like a month included in that or not :D

Really looking forward to the Wyvern, your preview animations looked most awesome!

Malbers likes this.
  42. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Malbers I am getting the same when using the Invector Shooter integration on 2018.3.

[Physics.PhysX] RigidBody::setRigidBodyFlag: kinematic bodies with CCD enabled are not supported! CCD will be ignored.
    UnityEngine.Rigidbody:set_isKinematic()
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Rider:Start_Mounting() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/Rider.cs:215)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Rider3rdPerson:Start_Mounting() (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/Rider3rdPerson.cs:153)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.MountBehavior:OnStateEnter(Animator, AnimatorStateInfo, Int32) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Animator Behavior/MountBehavior.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  43. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Is the asset already integrated with the new Opsive UCC 2? (Ultimate Character Controller) Thanks

44. Malbers

Malbers

I haven't done anything new for Cover Shooter... I got stuck because in order to integrate with them I need to modify his code... not like the others assets that I just create the Link Script to connect the assets... I will resume after I finish the dragons and HAP Upgrade.. along with the other new integrations..
    Same here... I will resume after both dragons are released and HAP with the new animations..

45. Malbers

Malbers

Working on it ! I'll let you know when is ready...

46. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @Malbers

I'm trying to use HAP with the Invector Shooter Integration. Riding Integration works fine so far, but when the Invector Player (HAP Demo Player) is getting killed (from NPC) in the Demo Scene, the Game stops with following Errors :

Can't remove vThirdPersonController (Script) because InvectorHAPLinkShooter (Script) depends on it

Can't remove Rider3rdPerson (Script) because RiderCombat (Script), InvectorHAPLinkShooter (Script), InvectorHAPLinkShooter (Script) depends on it

Can't remove RiderCombat (Script) because InvectorHAPLinkShooter (Script) depends on it

Is there a fix for this or am I doing something wrong? Thnx in advance :p

Invector_HAP.PNG

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  47. Malbers

Malbers

It seems that they are trying to remove my scripts... and the RequireComponent header is throwing those errors

Try removing/commenting on my scripts the RequireComponent header on those scripts to see the new results you get..

Weblox likes this.
  48. Weblox

Weblox

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

So I did comment out the [RequireComponent] lines from the RiderCombat.cs and InvectorHAPLinkShooter.cs, what solved two of the three Errors. I could not find any [RequireComponent] Header in the Rider3rdPerson.cs, so I am still having that one last Error: - Can't remove Rider3rdPerson (Script) because InvectorHAPLinkShooter (Script) depends on it.
    Any further help is much appreciated.
    :confused:

Commenting out the RequireComponent lines from ALL your Integration scripts did solve the Issue. Thanks again for the quick help.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Malbers likes this.
  49. MrB0t

MrB0t

Is there a fix for when the horses and wagon take off into the sky? I've tried lots of things but i'm not sure what is actually causing it either....

Weblox likes this.
  50. Malbers

Malbers

The quick solutions is to move on the Y axis the Wagon.. so when Start Playing the wheels don't go crazy

MrB0t and Weblox like this.