Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. transat

transat

Cool. That worked.

2. IsntCo

IsntCo

Malbers likes this.
  3. IsntCo

IsntCo

4. Malbers

Malbers

Here's the Fix for the new version :) thanks for reporting it!

Attached Files:

5. Malbers

Malbers

Attached Files:

6. IsntCo

IsntCo

Thanks - that got rid of the errors.
    I just imported your Boar asset and now there is one remaining error:

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integrations/Ootii/Scripts/OotiiHAPLink.cs(623,39): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IInputSource' could not be found. Are you missing `com.ootii.Input' using directive?

7. Malbers

Malbers

Add this to that line error:
    com.ootii.Input.
    upload_2018-10-13_18-2-7.png

8. IsntCo

IsntCo

9. Malbers

Malbers

Right! the problem is that you are uploading the Boar after the horse... and the horse has the latest update for the scripts

Re-importing the horse should work

10. IsntCo

IsntCo

Aha! There we go. No more errors.

Will try the actual integration tomorrow!

11. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

anybody got it working with third person cover controller asset?

12. Rahd

Rahd

most of us have dropped the camera it's perfect for the cover shooter on it's own . but won't work for most of us since you can even rotate it on mobile without doing some mental gymnastics.
    do what you got to do
    i will keep working on it too ,
    the main issue is :
    covershooter works 360 aim that means it can aim at any angle ,
    horse aim work with predefined angles of animation and if that angles happens to be the horse's head , the rider won't aim there or stand. same goes for looking or aiming to the back,sides ..ect , the rider will change animation for it .
    i will try to make a new animation state with the angles you have and change it depending on the direction of the rider to the horse direction not the world space or camera.
    camera , or any other script are not important . if you check most of the videos on the forum you will see members doing their own camera system and even a different weapon system all together .
    check the strategy example , it has a Topdowninput script that drops most of the dependencies and focus on the character motor
    character motor is the main core.
    i'm doing mobile , some are doing a strategy game , some doing third or first person shooter.

if the riding animation can be separated from the rider script , into a smaller script that make the mounting animations work . that will be a blessing .
    so a small hack is needed :

1- a modification that makes the covershooter stop aiming at angles he can't or have to change from sitting to standing ... ect. and fix his position to the mount transform. (the fall system cause problems here my attempt was a fixed or timed update were transform.potion of the player = the transform.potion if the mount's Gameobject to lock him in place)
    2- a small script that will make the player mount the horse and only that.

that's all sound easy , but it's causing me a headache :p.
    basically the goal is to make the character motor script works with the Horse script , no cameras no guns nothing matter but those 2 . from there cameras and other thing will bend and shape around that . dont worry about the input of keyboard or mobile joystick ...
    thank you for working on it , you really don't have to :p .

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  13. IsntCo

IsntCo

@Malbers Getting closer, but still issues with the new Ootii integration.
    When I mount the Boar, I get this console error:

ArgumentException: failed to convert parameters
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:484)
    System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:528)
    System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/ConstructorInfo.cs:77)
    UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetObjectCall (UnityEngine.Object target, System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, UnityEngine.Events.ArgumentCache arguments) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:470)
    UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCall.GetRuntimeCall (UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase theEvent) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:437)
    UnityEngine.Events.PersistentCallGroup.Initialize (UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList invokableList, UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase unityEventBase) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:610)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.RebuildPersistentCallsIfNeeded () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:776)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.PrepareInvoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:812)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:53)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Mountable.set_Mounted (Boolean value) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Horse/Mountable.cs:118)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Rider.Start_Mounting () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/Rider.cs:204)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.Rider3rdPerson.Start_Mounting () (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Rider/Rider3rdPerson.cs:151)
    MalbersAnimations.HAP.MountBehavior.OnStateEnter (UnityEngine.Animator animator, AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, Int32 layerIndex) (at Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Scripts/Animator Behavior/MountBehavior.cs:40)

In addition, a lot of other weird things happen. This GIF shows the issues:
    https://gyazo.com/d2f3c48418a354695bcde981aae6d0fb

1) No UI noting "Press F to Mount"
    2) After the Player mounts, he blinks in-and-out briefly. (I know how to fix the actual mounting animation, so that's not the problem)
    3) When you dismount, the mount slides far away. This is on level ground, so height issues aren't the problem
    4) Lastly, the Ootii Camera Controller isn't following the mounted player. Here are the values:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  14. Ishizuke

Ishizuke

I am working on dynamic horse spawner (version of Horse Animset Pro 3.1.6). The problem is when I spawn the horse 1 meter or more above the ground, it goes to jump forward-down state and can't get out of it on touch ground. If spawn point is lower then 1 meter above the ground, then horse spawned normally amd stays on the ground.

Also, if horse exists in the scene in edit mode and lifted high above the ground it landed normally on game run. What's wrong?

15. edrogersiv

edrogersiv

I'm having issues getting the horse to run down hills correctly on a terrain using the Animal AI Control. The horse begins to do a falling animation as soon as its gets on the slope. This continues and doesn't stop until the horse flops back down to level ground. Is there a way to fix this or disable the falling? Any guidance with this would be most appreciated. =)

Malbers likes this.
  16. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @Malbers - I am also experiencing issues with the Ootii Integration Package. Please see attached video in the Ootii Forum >> here << . How can I fix this please?

Edit: I also tried the Integration for the Invector Controller and I get similar Issues here. Dragging any of the Prebs from the Integrations Package to the Herarchy gives the same error as with ootiis:

Unable to instantiate prefab. Prefab may be broken.
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:HierarchyWindowDrag(HierarchyProperty, Boolean, HierarchyDropMode)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

using : Unity 2017.4.7f1 LTS

Thanks in advance , any help is much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Malbers likes this.
  17. Malbers

Malbers

I believe is due to I'm working on the Integrations in Unity 2018.2 and that may break all the prefabs

I will make all the integrations with a lower Unity version and I will let you know as soon as is ready

wood333 and Weblox like this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

You can increase the Max Angle Slope ... by default is set to 45
    Try Increasing that value to 60 or 70...
    upload_2018-10-16_21-0-0.png

edrogersiv likes this.
  19. Ishizuke

Ishizuke

20. IsntCo

IsntCo

@Malbers any ideas in regards to my post/errors? This is in Unity 2018.2

Weblox and Malbers like this.
  21. Malbers

Malbers

I just finish fixing Invectors Integration...

Now I'm jumping to Ootii's Integration :) I will let you know when is done :)

Weblox, pushingpandas and IsntCo like this.
  22. Weblox

Weblox

Awesome. Looking forward to use the new Integration Packages. Thanks a lot for all your work.

23. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

You should PM @vis2k are talk to him about adding this into uMMORPG.

Malbers and hopeful like this.
  24. IsntCo

IsntCo

@Malbers If you decide to integrate the Shooter pack for Ootii, I would gladly be a tester!

25. hopeful

hopeful

I have no idea how difficult it would be to add it (maybe not difficult at all), but since uMMORPG was featured in that Humble Bundle, it's had quite a bit of exposure. Might be a good audience to approach.

Malbers likes this.
  26. psistalk

psistalk

I would like to see uMMORPG integration too! Would open alot more customers up for buying horse animset pro ;)

Malbers likes this.
  27. Malbers

Malbers

Weblox likes this.
  28. Malbers

Malbers

About the Integrations I have decided to PAUSE all of them....

This is why:

I spent a week trying to find non intrusive ways to integrate Reedbee Cover System.. but is extremely hard.. I found that all the systems of that asset are highly dependent of each other... and without changing his code, I can't make any progress on that integration. Is not like ootii, Opsive TCP1 or Invector that I can access and enable or disable parameters without breaking his systems.

There's also Ultimate TCP2 from Opsive... which has is own way to make things and I found some walls too..

All the integrations required for me to understand what each publisher did with their controller... read and comprehend their code which requires time.. Thankfully I get some feedback from them which help me to move forward.... sometimes

BUT!

I need to Pause....not abandon!!

Pause the integrations in order to finish the 2 dragons I have in queue and continue with the super HAP update which it will include all the new cool weapons and features and animations I have in mind

With that update I will make even more Integration Friendly by my side my assets ..
    I'm willing to change my core code to make it compatible with most of the popular assets out there..

So..
    The 2 dragons will be finished by December...
    and HAP new upgrade (Free Upgrade)hopefully will be finished by February

Then I commit myself to continue with all the integrations... (Ootii Shooter, behaviour designer, Node Canvas Cine-machine, Timeline , Cover system... Ultimate TCP2 ... and all others I have on my list)

I Hope you guys Understand

julianr, Rahd, Olander and 1 other person like this.
  29. hopeful

hopeful

In my view, integrations are really the responsibility of the customer, and not you. But it helps to have them, so I wouldn't tell you to not do them. :)

zisaboy, MrG, Olander and 1 other person like this.
  30. Weblox

Weblox

@Malbers - I think we all understand that ppl need breaks. You did so much already for all the Users on here and we all love your beautiful work. Please take all the time that you need, we don't want to see your talent wasted in a burnout.

That said : Thank you so much for this!

Awesome ! Thanks again... I will try it out ASAP.

Malbers likes this.
  31. BillO

BillO

I have removed and reinstalled the latest updates to ootii, Malbers Animations and Ootii Integration files. However, there is still an issue with the OotiiHAPLink script. Here's the error in the console:

Assets/Malbers Animations/Horse AnimSet Pro/Integrations/Ootii/Scripts/OotiiHAPLink.cs(597,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IMessage' could not be found. Are you missing `System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging' or `com.ootii.Messages' using directive?

I haven't modified any settings so the `System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging' or `com.ootii.Messages' is a mystery.

Malbers likes this.
  32. BillO

BillO

Just had to add:
    using com.ootii.Messages;

Malbers likes this.
  33. Rahd

Rahd

Not really , we asked nicely , and supporting other integrations will bring more sales

we do ... but it's way easy than you think ... again here's a more simple breakdown of the code in the video
    on mount button click , the player is on the horse mount .
    then cut off the movements from the player and set his collider to triggered and lock the XYZ position on the rigidbody .. send the movements input as a direction to the horse using move
    it's not perfect but it should look like this

Code (CSharp):
    1.             var right = Vector3.Cross(Vector3.up, Forward);
    2.                     if (Mathf.Abs (Movement.x) > 0.5f || Mathf.Abs (Movement.y) > 0.5f) {
    3.                         mount.Direction = Movement.x * right + Movement.y * Forward;
    4.                         Debug.Log ("moved to" + mount.Direction);
    5.                         mount.Awakemanual();
    6.                         mount.MoveCharacter = true;
    7.                     //_motor.horset=    mount.transform;
    8.                         mount.CharacterMove(true) ;
    10.                     }
    12.                     mount.Direction = Movement.x * right + Movement.y * Forward;
    13.                     mount.MoveCharacter = true;
    15.                     mount.CharacterMove(true) ;

after that create new animation state and replace all the animation with the rider animation ...
    lock the Aim to 45 -45 Y angles using updateangles in character motor....
    replace isgrounded with (isgrounded || ismounted) in some places so the player wont fall all the time ... ismounted is a bool that will be true if the player is on a horse

i'm still working on , replacing all the animation is long ...
    but it looks like this now ...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  34. Cassos

Cassos

Hello, Malbers.
    I got a problem with the Invector integration and it would be nice to fix it as fast as possible :)
    I think the picture says everything:

Sometimes when the horse jumps or it turns the player does this.
    The mountposition stands in place. what is happening?!

35. Cassos

Cassos

I fixed it by myself. I wrote a script which constantly sets the player postition to the mountpoint.
    You can use it for free:

##################################################################
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;

//made by Narrenschlag Games in Germany

public class mountPointChecker : MonoBehaviour {

[HideInInspector]
    public Transform Rider;
    [HideInInspector]
    public Vector3 RiderMountTransform;
    [HideInInspector]
    public bool riderSaved;
    [HideInInspector]
    public bool isRiding;

void Start()
    {
    Rider = this.gameObject.transform.GetChild(0);
    }

void Update()
    {
    if(Rider == null)
    {
    Rider = this.gameObject.transform.GetChild(0);
    }
    else if(Rider != null && !riderSaved && isRiding)
    {
    RiderMountTransform = Rider.position;
    print("Rider saved: " + Rider.gameObject.name);
    riderSaved = true;
    }

if(riderSaved && isRiding)
    {
    Rider.position = this.transform.position;//RiderMountTransform;
    }
    }

public void StartRiding()
    {
    isRiding = true;
    }

public void EndRiding()
    {
    isRiding = false;
    }
    }

##########################################################################

Instructions:
    1. Set this script to the mountpoint GameObject.
    2. Set the StartMount and EndMount to the Events in the Horse Riding Controller.

That's all.

Have nice day

Max

IsntCo and julianr like this.
  36. Malbers

Malbers

Hey! Guys
    I'm on Vacations (until November 26) on Cuba, visiting my family so I wont be around.
    Leave a message and when/if I find some good internet I will try to respond...

Please help each other :D

Cheers
    Malbers

37. HenryChinaski

HenryChinaski

Anyone else having problem to integrate the Horse System with the Invector Controller?
    My character makes a very strange animation when entering the horse and the legs are streched hanging around at the bottom.

38. ivendar

ivendar

I just want to say thank you very much for this great asset and that Wyvern looks great already too. :)
    And I also think it should be nothing you should have to worry about too much if Horse Animset works with other authors controllers. It's the controllers who should offer Horse Animset integration because they offer a controller and you offer a animset which has it's own controller as a bonus. But that you offer many integrations is of course a generous behavior and even more of a plus. But I feel it would also be good if you had more time to spend on improving Horse Animset and your assets even more and offer things like sets like more saddles, armor, warpaints, combat options, more animations and so on and yeah more creatures to work with it like the dragons and wyvern you create of course with their own sets of saddles and animations. Imagine you would also have lances and such weapons working. Of course just ideas and your asset already offers much for it's price.

So yeah. Thanks for the great job !!!

39. enragedtadpole_unity

enragedtadpole_unity

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased HAP and I am trying to implement it into my game. The problem I have is that I want to tweak some of the existing animations. For example, I am wanting to tweak the 'Rider Sword' animations as my character is holding a lantern instead of a sword and so the positioning and holding of the lantern is quite different.

It would be nice to have this animation in addition to the existing animation but I am unsure where to start or how to go about doing so.

I am a rookie when it comes to animating and migrating them back into Unity, and so I was wondering if anyone had any videos or tutorials on how I might go about editing an existing animation?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Tom.

40. pbrowne

pbrowne

I am getting an error when attempting to mount with Rider FPC on my FPC character.

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable Anim of RiderFPC has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the Anim variable of the RiderFPC script in the inspector.

1tt.png

Same happens in the FPC demo scene included in the asset.

41. pbrowne

pbrowne

I have a horse setup with the required scripts to be callable. How do I initiate call horse? What triggers the whistle and the call horse action?

42. pbrowne

pbrowne

OK, now when attempting to build for PC any of the demo scenes I'm getting the following errors. This is with a new project with just the HorseAnimSet Pro asset added in Unity 2018.2.8f1. No changes made to anything...and this asset was $60:mad: Perhaps related to the verson 3.1.7.a ???

Seems to be a compilation order issue...

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Utility/SerializedPropertyExtensions.cs(11,53): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SerializedProperty' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Utility/SerializedPropertyExtensions.cs(31,57): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SerializedProperty' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Utility/SerializedPropertyExtensions.cs(59,58): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SerializedProperty' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors

Build completed with a result of 'Failed'
    UnityEngine.GUIUtilityProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 4 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x0021f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:187
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:94
    UnityEngine.GUIUtilityProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

horseerrors.png

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  43. pbrowne

pbrowne

I also get the following errors when the new project loads with just this asset added:

WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36b2 while reading F:/Unity/Projects/testHorses/Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Scriptable Variables/Editor/43207110_336851527086188_3791659815276868343_n.mp4

Context: IMFSourceReader::SetStreamSelection
    Error details: The request is invalid in the current state.
    Track types:
    Audio Track, type:

WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d36b3 while reading F:/Unity/Projects/testHorses/Assets/Malbers Animations/Common/Scripts/Scriptable Variables/Editor/43207110_336851527086188_3791659815276868343_n.mp4

Context: IMFSourceReader::WaitForSample
    Error details: The stream number provided was invalid.
    Track types:

44. Rowlan

Rowlan

I had the same. I just deleted it, no idea where it's used. Removal didn't give any compile errors, creating a build worked afterwards.

Might want to check back for a proper solution though when Malbers is back from his vacation.

Malbers and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  45. pbrowne

pbrowne

Well, I didn't think of deleting the script... Seems to be compiling OK now. Really have to wonder why Malbers released without checking if compiles worked without fatal errors... Sort of questions the integrity of the asset.

Now if someone can tell me how to get the FPS rider working without error...!

Also, how do you initiate calling horse??? Nothing in the docs...

46. Rowlan

Rowlan

Haven't done this myself manually yet since from your screenshot above the F key does that, but looking into the script where it's used my first guess would be this:

Code (csharp):
    1.         /// <summary>
    2.         /// If the Animal has a IMountAI component it can be called
    3.         /// </summary>
    4.         public virtual void CallAnimal(bool playWistle = true)
    If you need more, I suggest to check the doc that is linked in the first post of this thread.

47. pbrowne

pbrowne

Thanks for the tip. I have the whistle working; the targeted horse thinks about it for a while, turns around then races away in the opposite direction! I go find it and it seems to be frozen in place and jittery...

48. Rowlan

Rowlan

Are you using the demo scene or your own? Because from the documentation there's more to it than just invoking that method. Excerpt:

"Call Animal Feature: To call an animal , the animal needs to have MountAI(Script) and a navMesh Agent attached to it. Remember to bake the NavMesh. See Poly Art Horse as an Example."

49. Rowlan

Rowlan

50. pbrowne

pbrowne

OK, now looking at the HAP Sample TPC (Inventory) demo scene. In the scene hierarchy, I have added 'Horse Poly Art (Call this one using F)' to the Rider TPC as shown in the image below.

h1.png

Play, press F and whistle call the horse. All good. I was actually using that horse in my own scene, so something is amiss there. In that scene, the horse also has the required components including MountAI with Can Be Called ticked and a NavMesh Agent with terrain baked (I have other NPCs in the scene). Interesting that the demo scene Poly Art horse which works on calling, actually does not have a NavMesh Agent component.