Search Unity

[RELEASED] - Horror FPS KIT 1.6

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ThunderWire, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Dieee

Dieee

I changed by mistake tha variable "Digit Index" of Number PAdlock Digits(Script) when this number represents the number of array instead of the "unlock code"

2. StephenGabrielHarper

StephenGabrielHarper

I just bought this asset and Im getting a failed to decompress package error every time i try to import it. HELP!

3. ero_manga_sensei

ero_manga_sensei

I have this problem

[Device Init] DualShock Gamepad is not connected!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput:GetInput<bool> (string) (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:721)
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput:GetActionPressedOnce (UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour,string) (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:767)
    HFPS_GameManager:Update () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/Main Scripts/HFPS_GameManager.cs:263)

4. danielcross

danielcross

I got possibly a stupid question. How do I get items to stop respawning after loading a game? I pick them up, save, load and they pop right back.

5. DayandNight81

DayandNight81

Hello,
    i hope someone can help me. I have the following problem. Since I added the FPS Player Body to my game, the following error messages appear and the mouse is hyper sensitive (not playable):
    Controller: MouseKeyboard
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
    ThunderWire.Input.InputHandler/<InitializeInputs>d__68:MoveNext () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/Input/InputHandler.cs:248)
    UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext:ExecuteTasks ()
    [Input] Inputs initialized.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
    ThunderWire.Input.InputHandler/<InitializeInputs>d__68:MoveNext () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/Input/InputHandler.cs:268)
    Thanks in advance

6. Smooviee

Smooviee

can you build multiple inventory slots ? so far I am not able to. Seems like its only for one big inventory. I wanted to make slots for weapons, and health. at different parts of the screen. but all the boxes are synced together. Any help?

7. johny256

johny256

Hi! Please Add Fiearm Weapons? M16 ak47 and etc?

starfoxy likes this.
  8. starfoxy

starfoxy

I also vote for this. Even a simple rifle.

johny256 likes this.
  9. unity_5TeW5q0WyCKh8Q

unity_5TeW5q0WyCKh8Q

hello, since the last update (1.6.3), I have a problem with the inventory, impossible to add an item in it! Thank you for your answers..

10. TheQuantumWanderer

TheQuantumWanderer

hello, since the last update (1.6.3.a), They are 2 code errors ! Thank you for your answers..

Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Core\Base\Player\Ladder\LadderTrigger.cs(64,34): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'UnityEngine.Transform' to 'HFPS.Systems.Ladder'

Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Core\Base\Player\Ladder\LadderTrigger.cs(68,34): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'UnityEngine.Transform' to 'HFPS.Systems.Ladder'

Thanks in advance.

Jonniemadeit likes this.
  11. Havok1992

Havok1992

how can i turn off the look limits from the camera?

12. saiintino

saiintino

Hello, I recently bought an asset called Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion. I'm not much of a coder so I was wondering how I would integrate it into the OptionsController.cs script to replace the PPS Ambient Occlusion. Thank you.

13. SamIsHere006

SamIsHere006

I have the problem with aim configuration, I played around with some values but didn't find any change in aim position

14. TheGhost0

TheGhost0

i got an errors on version 2020.6.1f

in old version work fine with out any error but this version i dont know what i sayed many error i see i fix some of them the ohere i try to fix it :

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Core\Base\!Managers\Json\JsonHandler.cs(31,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JObject' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    3. Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Core\Interfaces\IJsonListener.cs(1,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Newtonsoft' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    5. Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Core\Base\!Managers\Main Scripts\HFPS_GameManager.cs(165,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PostProcessVolume' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    7. Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Core\Base\!Managers\Main Scripts\HFPS_GameManager.cs(166,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ColorGrading' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    and many of thats error all file i thing its 105 error like this

please help here

15. TheGhost0

TheGhost0

I get an bug players cannot attack enemy if I setup emerald ai but enemy can kill player what wrong with emerald ai 3.0

can some one help me for that ??

16. vygo07

vygo07

I cant move in android with joystick. On Mac working but on mobile not. Pls help

17. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

Not sure if anyone will read this, but for some reason my footsteps dont work. I've tried absolutely everything; has anyone else had this problem?

18. scorpionfeast

scorpionfeast

I am having the same issue... any fix??

19. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Has this been abandoned

20. Tenguam

Tenguam

Parece que esta abandonado. seria bom se tivesse colocado algumas armas ,antes de abandonar ...ninguém responde

21. spalto

spalto

how do i make project into a mobile or port it into android. I was able to port it to android but it stops on the menu only and I couldn't load the game when on the loading screen. It is saying press any key but my touchscreen won't respond to it.

22. BLInformatique

BLInformatique

Hi everyone, I have a problem with HFPS Localization System. I managed to make it work with demo and deepel but I can't make it work with my project that I started at the base of Horror FPS Kit. Does somebody have an idea. Thanks in advance...;)

23. GreaserMonkey

GreaserMonkey

Is there a setting to limit player character step height? To prevent player climbing over some obstacles and objects.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  24. GreaserMonkey

GreaserMonkey

Found it. It's character controllers step offset setting.

salex1 likes this.
  25. Pixelith

Pixelith

On every single clean installation.
    'EditorStyles' does not contain a definition for 'iconButton'

Luisqe5 and SirDJCat like this.
  26. AGregori

AGregori

@ThunderWire This asset is pretty good, beats most complete projects that can be seen as its competitors.
    However, it badly needs a dialogue/conversation ability. It's the missing link that we need to be able to adapt HFK to do adventure games.

salex1 and Daftolddad like this.
  27. AGregori

AGregori

Also, music and sound handling seems to be completely absent from the asset. Even a rudimentary music player (with shuffling tracks) would improve things.

salex1 likes this.
  28. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

Had this same problem. Any idea on how to fix it?

@ThunderWire

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  29. AGregori

AGregori

@lskywalker5200 Dude won't reply here, he pretty much abandoned this forum. No longer replies to HFPS problems on his Discord either.
    HFPS 1.6 is now half price because it's essentially an abandoned product: HFPS 2.0 will be a full price new product.

SirDJCat and ChillaxGaming like this.
  30. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

Ah really? That sucks. I didn’t even know they were developing 2.0…at least I found a workaround so it’s not useless.

31. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Really? He just updated it less than a month ago? I wouldn't call that abandoned.

ThunderWire likes this.
  32. Pixelith

Pixelith

I asked in Discord and the answer Thunderwire gave was to upgrade my unity version. Sure enough that was the problem.

33. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

And they just liked my reply. Sometimes you don't know the situation of vendors on the Unity store and they could have a reason why they aren't there.....

34. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

Huh interesting. I will try that. I don't have Discord so it'd be nice if the dev would respond on here.

35. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Most devs don't do forums much anymore and use discord because it is easier and better. If you use a lot of different assets, might as well get used to it.

36. unity_925C26399B26B461D3FB

unity_925C26399B26B461D3FB

hi, so I am pretty new to unity, but i thought i would buy this asset to get me started and when i run the demo scene, it gives me alot of errors

[Device Init] Input Device is not connected!
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput:InitializeInputDevice () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:547)
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput:<Start>b__44_0 () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:91)
    System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:performWaitCallback ()

[Mouse Init] Mouse is not connected!
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput:GetMouseScroll () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:969)
    ItemSwitcher:Update () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/ArmsItems/ItemSwitcher.cs:236)

[Init] Could not successfully initialize Inputs!
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput/<Start>d__44:MoveNext () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:108)

[Comparsion] Any of given actions for comparsion does not exist!
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput:IsControlsSame (string,string) (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:1393)
    WeaponController:Update () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/ArmsItems/Weapon/WeaponController.cs:178)

Any help would be appreciated!

37. AGregori

AGregori

Many devs don't like either Discord or the Unity forums. They use their own (wordpress) forum or just emails. The Adventure Creator guy or NodeCanvas guy for instance.

38. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

What input system and version of Unity are you using? Make sure your input system is set to 'both' :)

39. snowcult

snowcult

He posted this recently on the Discord. He's also working on UHFPS:
    People using purchased assets from the asset store, however...

The community in the Discord, along with the Dizzy dev and others, for all intents and purposes, make it relatively easy to seek help if you're persistent and engaged there.

SirDJCat and Pixelith like this.
  40. SirDJCat

SirDJCat

UHFPS sounds cool...I wonder what new features it'll have.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  41. rbm123

rbm123

Hi I have unity 2020.2.7f
    after installing package I get 144 errors !

input errors solved by updating input system

What other packages should I update ?

'Newtonsoft'
    'ParameterOverride
    'PostProcessVolume'
    'JToken'
    'ExamineObjectAnimation'
    'NumberPadlock'
    'DynamicObjectPlank'
    'IntParameter'

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  42. OZAV

OZAV

... hello, is there any update form the dev, please ? Would the add on for the player buoyancy be installed any soon ? (for the player, to swim on top and dive under the water) ? We have the few HFPS maps now requiring the feature. Please: no 'discord-me', and 'I am busy in the school' messages, we would appreciate the straight ansewer here. Appreciated for your time, but: our own should be as well, so as for the users community input, for what you can commit to assist, thanks.
    14-11-2022-HFPS-ScreenshotBy-OZAV-.jpg

43. rbm123

rbm123

I solved all errors but one more !

Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Core\Base\!Managers\SaveLoad\SaveGameHandler.cs(618,22): error CS1061: 'JObject' does not contain a definition for 'ContainsKey' and no accessible extension method 'ContainsKey' accepting a first argument of type 'JObject' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

44. rbm123

rbm123

You tube Tutorial videos are very bad !
    if you cut all the times that "Teacher" is looking for prefabs and codes and trying to solve his own mistakes from video (!) 25 min video would become 3 min and still useless !

45. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello, there will not be any new feature updates for Horror FPS KIT, only bug fix updates. I'm working on an Ultimate Horror FPS KIT (UHFPS) that will be easier to use and implement new features, so the swimming feature will mostly be added there than to HFPS. I will add swimming to the suggestions for UHFPS, but to be honest, swimming is not implemented in most horror games.

46. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

SirDJCat likes this.
  47. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Have you followed the instructions in the documentation? You probably did not install the required packages.

48. OZAV

OZAV

Thanks, for the time taken to answer, and the update. Good to know that swimming would be in the plan for UHFPS. Can we have, here for the community: an asset store link, posted often, soon as the UHFPS becomes available. It will help a lot, as we all try around to get updated here, as we can :).

49. rbm123

rbm123

hi
    Layers are not imported ! I should start a new project ?
    should I import required packages before installing hfps?

50. SirDJCat

SirDJCat