Search Unity

[RELEASED] - Horror FPS KIT 1.6

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ThunderWire, Nov 29, 2017.

1. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

ABOUT:
    HORROR FPS KIT
    is an advanced and easy-to-use horror game template with many features essential to creating your own horror game, including gameplay features seen in AAA horror games of the last decade. It contains a lot of ready-to-use assets, just drag and drop them into a scene.

FEATURES:
    PLAYER FUNCTIONS

• Player Controller (Walk, Run, Jump, Crouch, Prone, Ladder Climbing)
    • Fully Animated Player Body (Movement)
    • Texture and Tag based Footsteps
    • Player Lean and Wall Detection
    • Weapons (Glock, Axe)
    • Zoom Effect
    • Item Switcher
    SYSTEMS
    • Save/Load System (Player Data, Scene Data, Inventory, Encryption)
    • Cross-Platform Input (PC, PS4, XONE)
    • Advanced Menu System (Cross-Platform Support)
    • Inventory System (Add, Remove, Move, Use, Drop, Examine, Store, Shortcuts)
    • Objectives System (Add, Complete, Complete and Add, Events)
    • Cutscenes System (Queue)
    • Examination System (Rotate, Double Examine, Papers)
    • Drag Rigidbody System (Rotate, Zoom, Throw)
    • Interact Manager (Pickup, Messages)
    • Floating Icons System
    OBJECT PICKUPS
    • Custom Objects Pickup
    • Light Items (Flashlight, Hinge Lantern, Candle)
    • Backpack Inventory Expand Pickup
    DYNAMIC FUNCTIONS
    • Door, Drawer, Lever, Valve, Movable Interact
    • Types (Mouse, Animation, Locked, Jammed)
    • More Objects (Keypad Lock, Keycard Lock, Padlock)
    MORE FUNCTIONS
    • Rebindable Keyboard Controls at Runtime
    • Zombie AI (Sleep, Wander, Scream, Agony, Hunger, Attack, Attract, Footsteps)
    • Scene Preloader (Background Change, Tips)
    • Jumpscares (Animation, Scare Effects, Scared Breath, Customizable)
    • UI Menu (Main Menu, Pause Menu, Load Menu..)
    • Notifications (Pickup, Hint, Messages)
    • Realistic VHS Player
    • CCTV System
    • Ambience Zones
    • Water Buoyancy
    • Interactive Lights (Lamps, Switchers, Animation)
    • Props, Collectable Items, much more..
    SUPPORTED ASSETS
    • Emerald AI
    OFFICIAL INTEGRATIONS
    • HFPS Localization System
    INTEGRATIONS
    • Multiplayer HORROR FPS KIT Integration
    • Easy Hide for HORROR FPS KIT
    • Audio Diaries for HORROR FPS KIT
    • Text Diaries for HORROR FPS KIT

VIDEO:

DIRECT LINKS:
    Asset Store: http://bit.ly/asset-store-hfps
    HFPS Website: http://bit.ly/hfps-website

My Website: http://bit.ly/ThunderWireWEB

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
  2. Dakurlz

Dakurlz

A beautiful asset! Tell me, when should we wait for the saving system? And more - whether there will be an opportunity to save a scene, that is all subjects which on it are? For example, on the table there will be food, and after we take it and save game, it will not appear (it will be preserved in our inventory)

ThunderWire likes this.
  3. mattis89

mattis89

God damn paypal limit!!! Have to wait 1-2 days before I can buy this!

I would be greatfull if you could make some tutorials about changing weapons and adding custom food.

4. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I'd be on board with that. The documentation is nice but seeing visual step-by-steps would be helpful too.

ThunderWire and mattis89 like this.
  5. mattis89

mattis89

true true

ThunderWire likes this.
  6. mattis89

mattis89

7. mattis89

mattis89

is this asset dead? where is the update? what about the bug fixes? My player falls thrue flooor!! when I jump he falls down!! @ThunderWire

ThunderWire likes this.
  8. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

He's probably dealing with some business in his life so progress has been slow, though I believe he has made progress on it. Hopefully we'll see a new update by next month.

ThunderWire likes this.
  9. mattis89

mattis89

Yea, probably.. I got it working anyways =) somehow everytime I make a new scene and add the player, the dynamic/physics settings change, so I have to re-import them... and then it works again... strange tough, I would like to know the cause... The sceneloader is nicely made when you dont need to access a script when adding a new scene, its just right there in the inspector, lol it took me hours to figure it out :D .. @Emerald_Eel_Entertainment have you used this asset much?

ThunderWire likes this.
  10. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I've used this asset a few times for testing; it's a bit finicky when trying to set up the character controller and I have to consult the documentation. I hope nested prefabs become implemented soon.

The reason updating has been taking so long is probably because of an asset assessment I did a few months ago; the developer's been listening to feedback and taking his time to ensure the best quality for this asset. It'll be well worth the wait.

mattis89 likes this.
  11. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

The latest version of Horror FPS Kit is now available for download.
    Thanks Thunderwire!

12. mattis89

mattis89

Excellent! :)

ThunderWire likes this.
  13. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Experiencing a problem when I open the Showcase scene. When I hit play the inventory menu is open and I don't know how to close it. Other keys like the pause key don't work.

EDIT: Loading the main menu then loading the showcase scene from the main menu works but it makes editing and testing the fps controller more of a hassle.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    ThunderWire likes this.
  14. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

The asset is definitely still being updated. Perhaps you could provide more information about your situation and we can help you.

ThunderWire likes this.
  15. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

It sounds like it is not finding the game config file, or something in your project settings got overwritten from another asset? I've not experienced this, so I can't offer more help.

ThunderWire likes this.
  16. mattis89

mattis89

Theres no more info to provide. Thats it. He fell thrue, the end.. But I fixed it right away after I posted this. The issue was that everytime I make new scene the gravity/physics/dynamics setting was tempered with. So I had to import those settings again every time a new scene was created. So I hope that bug is fixed in this update.

ThunderWire likes this.
  17. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

It's a possibility; I'll need to try that, The Underground map works seemingly fine.

ThunderWire likes this.
  18. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Alright, so I have a question that might seem stupid, but it's driving me nuts.

I want to set the Y rotation of the FPS player before the game starts and have it stay there when when the game starts. Right now, if I set the rotation, it zeros out as soon as the scene fires up. I've tried most everything I can think of and going through the code I can't seem to find out where it is overriding this.

I want to choose the direction the character is facing when the scene starts. Any ideas?

ThunderWire likes this.
  19. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Ok, after some digging, I discovered the rotation x and y on the mouse look script.

ThunderWire likes this.
  20. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello guys, sorry for my long time inactivity on unity forum, now i've updated post to match latest version of my Horror FPS KIT. New version 1.41 contains a lot of improvements and new features like stable Save/Load System or new Inventory style with drop option. You can visit my website https://twgamesdev.com/pages/hfps.html and download a demo of latest version. Best regards, ThunderWire Games.

21. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Thank you for the update. The new version is pretty stable and seems to work pretty good.

Here's a couple of ideas for features to consider for a future update:

1. Add the ability to change the "Use" text on a per dynamic object basis. This is hard-coded right now and it would be nice if you could have "Open" or "Close" or "Lift" or other words to specify a dynamic action instead of just "Use".
    2. More FPS arms animation actions - push, grab, punch etc. I know these are tricky to do (I tried to do it myself and failed miserably). Maybe a tutorial on how to create them would be a route to go.
    3. The ability to choose a pre-configure different background images on SceneLoader for different scenes instead of just having one. It's not too difficult to do this in code, but maybe a more sophisticated approach can be thought of.

I can think of a lot of features to consider doing, but I don't want to change the core of what you have built too much so that I can keep it compatible with updates you make in the future.

And here's a little video I did of some testing with placeholder content using the kit:

ThunderWire likes this.
  22. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Just watched the video. I'm glad you've stated that most of the content used are placeholders. Transparency creates trust. I noticed the handles of the blue doors in the school building don't turn down before opening.

Do you have a Unity forum thread where people can keep up to date with Scourge's progress?

ThunderWire likes this.
  23. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Thanks for watching. I don't have a forum thread yet because it's quite early in the process, and I want to have more progress done before I start sharing with a larger audience. I do have animation for the door handles I rigged up this evening and I will post another video with the rooms on the first floor in their layout (and stairs etc). Little details like that help the immersion factor, and it's nice to see when people notice.

I also don't want to post too much until I've revealed some of the basic story because I don't want to give away spoilers. But I will definitely share more as progress goes.

ThunderWire likes this.
  24. uni7y

uni7y

Thanks for the update! I was wondering if you plan to add melee attack with a flashlight for example?

ThunderWire likes this.
  25. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

The feature where door handle go down when player opens the door will be added in upcoming update 1.42 together with bug fixes and improvements.

uni7y likes this.
  26. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Yes, in future updates i want to add melee support like axe, knife or something else.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    uni7y likes this.
  27. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Are we having fun yet?

28. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I've got door handles working and figured out how the events work for closing sounds and have rigged up quite a few things. The door handle part is actually quite a simple animation.

I found a bug in AI for the zombie where it is using the random patrol and there is an index out of range error on getting a random waypoint. If you let the zombie run for a while in the showcase scene, you'll see it happen where it throws the error. I was able to fix it, but it is something you might want to fix for your next release.

Good stuff, I'm enjoying your asset.

29. uni7y

uni7y

any idea when you launch update 1.42 ? just asking :)

ThunderWire likes this.
  30. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

New update is in development just give me a time, only few things remaining which I want to improve. Stay tuned!

ScourgeGames and uni7y like this.
  31. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

great kit e great dev..keep it up..

ThunderWire likes this.
  32. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Thanks a lot!

33. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Yeah, it's a great kit you've put together. I'm having fun.

34. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! Im having alot of Errors when I update the Horror fps kit in the project...

This is some of them>

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS0229 Ambiguity between 'DynamicObject.interactType' and 'DynamicObject.interactType' Assembly-CSharp D:\Unity Projects\Archipelago\Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Main\DynamicObject\DynamicObject.cs 400 Active

Mostly those kind of errors..

35. uni7y

uni7y

1.4.2 has many new cool things, well done!

36. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

simply amazing mate... keep it up with this great work...

37. mattis89

mattis89

You havent noticed that if you set up the main menu, and make a new scene and set up game.. And do the thing so controls and all work and the config file, and after you make a new scene, and go back to the game scene , and the physics and dynamics is screwd so you have to import physics and dynamics again? @ThunderWire

38. mattis89

mattis89

Lets do a pact, before any of release lets change the enviroment sounds :D Enviro sound right there aaall the way..

39. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

Hi Thunder.. i dont know if other peole have this issue but when create a menu to play the demo scene as dscribe into manual
    MAIN MENU SCENE SETUP 1. OPEN NEW EMPTY SCENE 2. GO TO TOOLS - > HFPS KIT -> SETUP -> MAINMENU

main menu i correcly create but when i play test game i have a black screen andi must manually disable the FAdE gameobjet form inspector to have main menu visible

in' using unity 2018.5. 1f1

40. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello, you only need to find UIFadePanel script in MENUMANAGER and tick Start Fade Out.

JC_LEON likes this.
  41. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

many thanks problem solved..

42. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Lulz, how did you notice? haha

43. mattis89

mattis89

Well the lightning and the sun is a big giveaway, but mainly the day ambient sound... It would be kinda cool actually if enviro could use Unitys new sun disk because it looks awesome, more like UE4.. But the sun disk got rendered on top of the trees so, dont know how to solve that one..

Anyways, have you had the problem where Horror FPS kit player falls thrue the terrain when you hit play because physics&dynamics settings get changed when you make a new scene etc?

44. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I have not had that problem. Can you describe it in more detail? Maybe I can help you out.

45. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

@ThunderWire There are a couple of bugs that you might want to look into. One is an index out of range error on combining items in the inventory. I haven't nailed down exactly what the steps are, but it seems to fail when combining items one way but not the other (i.e. depending on which item you click combine on first). I'll see if I can repeat it.

The second one is that the zombie will attack through the wall at the keypad entry. This happened to me the first time I loaded up the demo scene to see the new changes. When I went to start entering the code on the keypad, the zombies armes started swinging through the wall and hitting me. Scared the crap out of me haha.

I also noticed that when I entered the water, I couldn't jump out after and got trapped--only a slight bug in the demo.

Another minor bug is that when you crawl out of the ducts, the player stays crawling and you have to hit jump to get him to stand up.

Finally, there is a bug when opening the pause menu. If you hit escape twice fast, it doesn't get time to do the fade and when it returns to unpause, the screen color is still in greyscale. Then when you hit escape, the game pauses but the screen is in color.

I'm enjoying the changes. It is really nice to see an asset author work hard on adding features. I truly appreciate that.

OZAV likes this.
  46. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

all there bugs occured even to me plus the fact that in ducts eve ni i tag them as Metal foot step sounds are not played
    and in menu if you press escape to return to game mouse pointer remain onscreen with the game point toghter until we press a mouse button to make it disappear..

47. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

The mouse pointer issue will be there in the editor because the Unity editor binds to it. You shouldn't see that in a build, however.

OZAV likes this.
  48. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ah.. ok good to know..

OZAV likes this.
  49. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

another bug..if player is in the pool and with a weapon equipped ( candle, lantern flashlight ect) and grab an object (crate) and exit from wepaon grabbing the object when player is out of the water weapon appear again and display with the grabbed object togheter ...

OZAV likes this.
  50. mattis89

mattis89

another bug is when the player tries to jump up on a big rock etc and holding shift at the same time and the rock is a bit big and cant really climb it, he got stuck and jumping automatically, and you have to exit game ..

OZAV likes this.