Search Unity

[RELEASED] - Horror FPS KIT 1.6

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ThunderWire, Nov 29, 2017.

1. mattis89

mattis89

nope. You have to drop in whatever vr setup you are using and just change whole lot stuff

2. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Looking forward to it. Thank you.

3. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

cant wait..how so much long to be approved?

4. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I'm noticing some weird issues on the way the loading screen works. In the editor, when it loads the level, it works fine. But when I build, it will sit on the sceneloader screen for a long time with "Press Any Key" fading in and out. It doesn't appear to be working, but eventually the scene loads. For a large scene, this can take up to a minute. It gives the impression that the scene isn't loading because the "Press Any Key" is just fading in and out.

I think I like the way the previous sceneloader worked. At least the spinning status would give an indication that it was actually loading the scene.

@ThunderWire, any thoughts?

mattis89 likes this.
  5. mattis89

mattis89

Im not actually gonna update . Because the previous verision is good and I have so much custom scripts and items and script changes. And they all will be overwritten so

6. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

I recently purchased this asset and have found the the manual is very hard to read and confusing at times.
    There is no documentation in the manual explaining how to use your own loading screen, how to use the flashlight prefab, how to setup the inventory etc.

The inventory one I had to figure out by re-reading that section in the manual several times, as it is not written clearly or using correct grammer. I also had to refer to the demo scene several times in order to figure out things that were not explained the manual.

Are there any tutorials available that can demonstrate the basic features of the asset?

Thanks!

7. Migueljb

Migueljb

Could this be used to make escape type games or scenarios. Like walk into a room doors close behind you and an action needs to happen before the door can open. Or find a key or item to get out of a room etc that type of gameplay? Just anything with the escape game gameplay type elements or even stealth type gameplay as well.

8. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Yes, although that logic would need to be put together by you. The kit has a lot of building blocks and the FPS controller is pretty good.

To do something like that, all you really need to do is setup a trigger on the room and set the doors to be closed and locked. The doors have programmatic ability to be locked/unlocked with keys. Having used the kit, I could put something like this together in about 30 minutes. But it will require you to do a little bit of code. How are your code skills?

9. mattis89

mattis89

yes. Im a freelancer developer , DM if you need help.

10. cloverme

cloverme

If anyone is interested, I've added the smooth function to the MouseLook code. The smooth function is present in other FPS controllers, it makes the camera less jerky with the mouse movement.

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Add this to the base of the class
    2. public float smoothTime = 5f;
    4. // Replace these lines:
    5. // player.transform.localRotation = playerOriginalRotation * xQuaternion;
    6. // transform.localRotation = originalRotation * yQuaternion;
    8. // with these lines:
    9. transform.localRotation = Quaternion.Slerp(transform.localRotation, yQuaternion, smoothTime * Time.deltaTime);
    11. player.transform.localRotation = Quaternion.Slerp(player.transform.localRotation, xQuaternion, smoothTime * Time.deltaTime);

starfoxy and ThunderWire like this.
  11. keepthachange

keepthachange

I have added a shotgun everything works fine. my problem is it will not show the bullet ui in bottom corner of screen?
    it did at one point but then would not show handgun ammo count? idk what im doing wrong here.

im am using same script the gun has. when i disable the glock it shows shotgun ammo count. I am not sure why it will only show one?

i tryd duplicating the script renaming it. the script worked but still would only show ammo count for one weapon.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  12. starfoxy

starfoxy

Very nice. Thank you cloverme!

13. mattis89

mattis89

Should I update ? How to preserve my changes in scripts ? I have basically altered all the script to make this to a survival fps player.. Meele function, tree cutting, and axe shows up in inventory UI

14. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Has anyone had any issues with getting the asset to work with 2018.3.1f1?

I imported the asset and have encountered this error

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable FloatingIcons of UIFloatingItem has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the FloatingIcons variable of the UIFloatingItem script in the inspector.
    UIFloatingItem.Update () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Main/UI/Game/UIFloatingItem.cs:56)

I emailed the author a few days ago but haven't heard anything from him. The kit worked under my previous version I was using, though I can't remember what version it was.

Thanks

15. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Something is not quite assigned right. FloatingIcons is probably a prefab or an image of some sort. Can you tell me what the line of code is at #56 in the file? I don't have a current project with the asset in it right now that even remotely resembles the original asset.

16. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Here is line 56 of the UIFloatingItem.cs file:

float currentDistance = Vector3.Distance(gameManager.Player.transform.position, FloatingIcons.transform.position);

If I disable the UIFloatingItem script that is attached to the GameManager, I don't get the error, but the player is unable to move as well.

I have terrain but when I play my level from the MainMenu and load the level, the player is there but the terrain I added isn't and I am unable to move.

I emailed the author about the error and here is what he said:

"This error shows that something is wrong with the FloatingIcons List, maybe there is a elements which is null, if you doesn't have any floating icons on the scene the FloatingIcons List count need to be set to 0 to prevent Update() function to continue. If you does not solve this problem, please send me a screenshot of the UIFloatingItem script view in the inspector."

I compared the GameManager in the DemoScene in the Asset and the section and the UIFloatingItem script has three elements in it but my GameManager has the three elements as None.

thanks for any help.

17. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Can you do a screenshot of what your UIFloatingItem script looks like in the inspector?

18. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Here is the screentshot
    Screenshot.jpg

19. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

In the Demoscene's GameManager the Elements contain I_Key03, I_Key04_anim and I_Key04_dyn.

20. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Yeah, you'll need to set the size to zero, or fill in the elements. It's trying to read an array in code and getting null values.

21. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

I find it strange that when I used the asset in previous 2018.3 versions, I never got this error and now I am when using 2108.3.1f1f.

I may have assumed that then creating the GameManager, the asset would have populated these fields.
    The elements are there in the DemoScene's GameManager though.

I also have found that the player is unable to move, even when launching the level using the MainMenu. The player seems to be stuck in one place with no terrain around, even though I have added a terrain in the scene.

Thanks

22. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Not sure what might have happened. If you haven't changed anything in the core asset, perhaps you can delete it and re-import it. At any rate, you can go into the demo scene, click on the game manager top level node and click "apply" at the top of the inspector window on the prefab buttons. Then delete your game manager from your scene and add it again.

23. thunderdawn

thunderdawn

Hi! Is there an easy in-asset way to replace the manual save/load with the rewrite/current system?
    As in, I don’t want the player to be able to save the game and load from multiple saves, the player only has the option to Continue the current game.
    Either there is something wrong with my Game.current script or it’s just not very compatible. It has nothing to do with possible recent errors since I'm still on LTS 2017 and so I never updated the asset to its 2018 version, it works perfectly. Great asset btw!

24. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

Any word on if a new version with more combat is in the works or does anyone have a tutorial on adding basic melee combat?

25. cloverme

cloverme

There's a bug with duplicate inputs on the UI for the input controller. It asks you if you want to rewrite but then you cant click back or rewrite, it just remains stuck. If anyone has a solve for this, let me know. Thanks.

26. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

I have also noticed that this asset doesn't work well with Gaia and vice versa. It seems that when used with Gaia, 1.9, the Post Processing Gaia uses interferes with the Post Processing that the asset uses.

The only workaround I have found is to disable the Gaia Post Processing that is attached to the Main Camera, FPSPlayer->Camera Animations->MouseLook->KickBack->Main Camera.

I then added the Post Processing Behaviour Script, as I was getting a message saying there was none attached to the main camera. I then selected Gaia Post FX 1 Post Processing profile.

It seems to be okay now.

Also, it appears that the collision detection on some of the items has issues with 2018.3.1f1, namely CCD. I get an error during Play testing, but it doesn't stop the testing. I think if if it is changed to Discrete, the default, it goes away.

Hope this helps anyone out there!

27. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I recently updated and installed the latest version of HFPSK and imported it into the most recent build of Unity, but I have four persistant errors in the console.

28. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

The new version (1.5) is coming soon! I'm currently busy with the school and because of that, I work on the new version only at night, so the next update may come out a little later, but the new version comes with a lot of new features, which will make your horror game experience more enjoyable. Also, I'm currently working on a melee combat system, which I've promised before, I'm currently working on the animations. Some of those new features are for example: Updated UI, Updated Inventory, Melee System (Axe), Full Body, CCTV, Inventory Containers, Objectives, New Lock Methods trough New Equipment, New Examine System and many more.

29. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Which version of HFPSK do you using?

30. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Which errors about persistant do you have?

31. Dramamine0001

Dramamine0001

Thanks for the update. I like everything in your kit, but was wanting to do third person instead of third person. Do you know if third person will be a possibility once there's a full body? Or do you know if anyone has been able to integrate with one of the major third person systems out there? Thanks!

32. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I'm very excited to see what's to come! :)

The errors are as follows:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.9.11\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\PopupField.cs(8,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BaseTextElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.9.11\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\PopupField.cs(118,33): error CS0115: 'PopupField<T>.ExecuteDefaultAction(EventBase)': no suitable method found to override

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.9.11\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\PopupField.cs(8,53): error CS0535: 'PopupField<T>' does not implement interface member 'INotifyValueChanged<T>.SetValueWithoutNotify(T)'

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.9.11\Editor\Sources\UI\Common\PopupField.cs(8,53): error CS0535: 'PopupField<T>' does not implement interface member 'INotifyValueChanged<T>.RemoveOnValueChanged(EventCallback<ChangeEvent<T>>)'

I'm in no rush to use HFPSK at the moment. Unity must've updated things since.

33. uni7y

uni7y

will the update also be mobile ready? that would be nice!

34. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

You could probably get it to work by changing the code to accept touch input, then reducing the polygon counts of the assets in your game. That'd be interesting to see though!

35. cloverme

cloverme

I'm running 1.42, it happens in the demo in both unity 2017.4.12f1 and 2018.2.16f1

Here's a video showing the issue from my game.

I'd try to fix it myself, but the UI buttons have me a bit confused, I can't figure out what script is controlling the apply/back buttons in the input menu.

Oh, also, if you could explain a little more about how itemswitcher works as well at some point that would be great. I want to add another set of arms and its a bit confusing on how it manages different arms/items.

36. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

I noticed that the asset is updated to 1.43.a. Is there an update log file to see what's been changed?

ThunderWire likes this.
  37. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello,

this must be a my mistake at the version 1.42, to fix this problem you only need to add click actions to these buttons, for Back it is UICustomOptions->BackRewrite() and for Rewrite button UICustomOptions->Rewrite(). Also you should look at the console if is there any error after click.

38. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello,

you can look at the release notes below the Asset image at the AssetStore. 1.4.3a version contains only fixes for bugs which caused the new version of Unity.

39. cloverme

cloverme

ThunderWire likes this.
  40. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

thenamesace likes this.
  41. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

any news mate?
    I'm waiting for the new update to restart my project from scratch.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    ThunderWire likes this.
  42. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

omg...1.5 IS OUT I saw the TRAILER AND it's simply outstanding...

ThunderWire likes this.
  43. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Anyone having issues with getting the asset to work with Unity 2019.1??

I am getting a lot of errors after importing the asset into an empty project, mostly relating to this path

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.package-manager-ui@2.0.7\Editor\AssemblyInfo.cs(7,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UxmlNamespacePrefixAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ThunderWire likes this.
  44. unicat

unicat

Yep, just bought. Same problems here in 2019.1.0f2.

ThunderWire likes this.
  45. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello, I'm sorry, that you have problems with latest Unity version 2019.1.0f2, the reason, why I released the new update with an Unity version 2018.3.13 was, that I had some problems with UI, where Image scale not work in runtime correctly, so I decided to use an older version, maybe Unity did somewhere mistake with updating the UI. Anyway, your error can be resolved by selecting Help -> Reset Packages to Default.

46. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Also, there can be some other errors with the asset scripts, which can be fixed with basic coding skills.

47. unicat

unicat

Works now, thanks.

ThunderWire likes this.
  48. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

What about those who may not have these skills and are expecting the asset to work "out of the box"?

I have numerous errors related to the Library\PackageCache. Will resetting them fix those as well?

ThunderWire likes this.
  49. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

the asset cannot work out of the box ...it's a complete system and work as base template.. by the ways its works correctly into unity 2018...there are some small bugs here and there but nothing that cannot be fixed easily..plus developer is superfriendly so simply ask to him..I'm a unity user from about 5 years and purchased and used almost all major kit on the store and could easaly say that HFPS kit is by far the best and most complete kit out there..you can virtually make a complete game with it alone...obviouslt it s a "KIT" so it's meant to be extended by yourself...i personally added in 1.4 melee system, crossbow, grenades, water system with oxgen, boat system, gasmask and son on(pratically i have a new game ready and have only to change models and assets)... but sincerly I'm going to rewrite everything on new 1.5 template since it has some great addiction over 1.4

ThunderWire likes this.
  50. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

As the @JC_LEON said, the kit cannot be used just out of the box, because it's a kit which contains the main features which you can see at the other horror games, but if you want a custom features, you'll need to know basic coding skills. Without that, you can only make an horror games just with default features, which kit has.

Yes, just select Help -> Reset Packages to Default, you have these errors, because you are using an old Unity Packages version which are not supported in latest version of Unity.