Search Unity

[RELEASED] - Horror FPS KIT 1.6

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ThunderWire, Nov 29, 2017.

1. TheGhost0

TheGhost0

i got an error here bro

Code (CSharp):
    1. BlendWeightsDropdown.value = DDBlendWeightsLevel((int)QualitySettings.SkinWeights);
    2. QualitySettings.SkinWeights = (SkinWeights)ConvertBWLevel(BlendWeightsLevel);
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Main\UI\Menu\UICustomOptions.cs(208,83): error CS0117: 'QualitySettings' does not contain a definition for 'SkinWeights'
    2. Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Main\UI\Menu\UICustomOptions.cs(334,29): error CS0117: 'QualitySettings' does not contain a definition for 'SkinWeights'
    pleaase help me here

2. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Has anyone successfully implemented Brightness and Contrast into the Main Menu options?
    Would love to know!

ThunderWire likes this.
  3. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

This maybe help you ;)

halo_of_the_sun likes this.
  4. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Thanks for the fast response! Do you have a tentative date for when v1.6 will be released?
    The assist has been fantastic ;)

RoyS and ThunderWire like this.
  5. unity_BQtdjY5EUPsbTg

unity_BQtdjY5EUPsbTg

Hey,

you've done an awesome job but it would be really cool to know when the next update comes :)

Thank you!!!!

Best regards
    Daniels

Roller1 and halo_of_the_sun like this.
  6. magique

magique

@ThunderWire I am just starting to use HFPS and following the basic setup instructions. I perform the Setup First Person Body and place the player on the floor and then run the scene. However, the mouse look does not function. I am able to move forward and side to side, but the mouse does not allow me to look around. Although the mouse look works fine in the house demo scene.

[EDIT]
    It seems that something in my scene is causing the issue, but I haven't found it yet. I reduced the scene down to just the hero, game manager, and the level elements and it works. I will addback in the other things and see at which point it breaks.

[EDIT 2]
    I found it. The PlaymakerGUI that gets added for Playmaker has an option called Control Mouse Cursor and it is on by default. I have no idea why they have such a thing, but I'm just happy I found the issue.

[EDIT 3]
    I spoke too soon. That doesn't fix the issue. It definitely breaks when I add the PlaymakerGUI component into the scene, but there's more going on than what I thought. I'll keep investigating.

[EDIT 4]
    It turns out that Dialogue System somehow interferes with HFPS mouse look. I have no idea why and have no solution other than to remove Dialogue System.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  7. fancyferret

fancyferret

I haven't used HFPS in almost a year but I recall testing it and I had Playmaker as well as Dialogue System and Ootii's Motion Controller in my project and I had the same error. I was using MC as the controller for my own AI.

If I recall correctly it was because HFPS has no namespace for the mouselook code. I edited it and created a new namespace for it and that fixed it.

magique likes this.
  8. Sphelps

Sphelps

Can we make this work with URP

ThunderWire likes this.
  9. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Yes you can, but there will be some materials that will be incompatible with URP, you just need to replace the incompatible materials with the default URP materials and everything will be fine.

10. Sphelps

Sphelps

I am trying to get Horror fps and Enviro to work together in URP but having a hard time with the camera steup

11. Sphelps

Sphelps

Got it to work just can't see anything I am holding

12. Xaularis

Xaularis

I got a problem with the draggable door, I tried following the document, but was not working.
    Can run tru, but cannot push E and drag the mouse.

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance.

ThunderWire likes this.
  13. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Are the Showcase scene draggable doors works fine? If so, the problem is with the door settings. You may have set the wrong door axis, or you may have forgotten to set ignoring collisions.

14. Xaularis

Xaularis

Thank you, I managed to make it half worked.

Pulling/Pushing by dragging mouse ^ and v, can I make it opposite, when I am inside, or outside ?

15. RoyS

RoyS

The new version 1.6 is awesome. Love the new additions/changes. Gives you more to do in-game.

ThunderWire likes this.
  16. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

I'm very happy that you like the new update. I was informed, that there are some bugs in the asset. If I find all the bugs, I will release a fixed version.

RoyS likes this.
  17. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Guys, I was wondering if anyone would like to be willing to create some nice looking wallpapers from HFPS, such as the ones you can see on my website. The winning wallpapers will be part of my website.

18. paulojsam

paulojsam

is this compatible with ai emerald?

ThunderWire likes this.
  19. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Yes. It has emerald ai integration. I know. I have the asset.

20. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Yes, HFPS supports Emerald AI integration. Instructions are also provided in the documentation.

21. paulojsam

paulojsam

thank you! what other integrations are implemented i wonder?

22. magique

magique

@ThunderWire I see in the documentation there are instructions for adding new weapons along with how to set up the animations for them. Are there any particular weapon assets on the store that have been tested with this? I'm considering the following package that also has it's own controller, but I am mainly interested in the weapons and animations, but not sure if they would work with HFPSK.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...customizable-fps-character-125288#description

23. everlite1knight

everlite1knight

A few simple questions;

In the documentation, the setup has the following instruction - Go to Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Scriptables\InputSystem folder and click activate in InputSystem.inputsettings.

Where do i find activate? Should this be in the inspector window? I don't see this anywhere.

The next instruction then says to add a MainMenu. When i do this it creates an empty scene with nothing. Any ideas why this might be or how to achieve the expected result of seeing a MainMenu in the scene? :)

Contacted the developer, but wanted to post here in case he's busy.

Using Unity 2019.3.15f1 (windows 10)

Thank you!
    David

24. pietvw90

pietvw90

I have been trying to get a lever to active an object with an animation. I can not get it to work. I have succeeded to make the lever turn on a light, but that's it. Anyone who could shed a light on how to achieve this?

The object I want to active the animation on usage of lever:
    upload_2020-6-21_22-57-41.png

The Lever
    upload_2020-6-21_22-57-10.png

25. RagdollInc

RagdollInc

Every time I load the game from a save file it takes me to the wrong scene, anyone got any idea why?

26. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Can't seem to access the discord, getting a "The invite is invalid or has expired" message

27. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    halo_of_the_sun likes this.
  28. strong6619

strong6619

When to add mobile terminal

29. openload

openload

30. magique

magique

The screenshots look nice and the video teases at something interesting. However, after watching the trailer, I have to say that it doesn't really show enough gameplay to interest me in trying the game. The only thing I see is walking through empty environments and an occasional piece of paper on some furniture. That really gives me no idea what puzzles will be like or how this game will play. You should consider giving us a lot more in the trailer so we can see what this game is all about.

31. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

32. Newbies-Unity

Newbies-Unity

Hi, I bought your package, And still waiting for the version 1.6.1. So can you let me know, When the new version will be released? Thank

f1chris likes this.
  33. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

You can follow along with the trello. https://trello.com/b/lbq7MqRh/horror-fps-kit-v16-development

There are still 3 items left for development. I don't believe there is any set release date so it'll come when it's ready.

Newbies-Unity likes this.
  34. Newbies-Unity

Newbies-Unity

35. bholland

bholland

Hey, using HFPS and it is working great. I'm having an issue that that after I fire a weapon, it shakes quite a bit. When using the standard handgun or any other weapon that I've added, it shakes/vibrates when aiming or if the player just has the weapon out. It isn't shaking alot, but it is noticeable. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks!

36. huxley

huxley

If I'm dealing with larger levels and have to split the geometry over several levels, what would be the best way to respawn the player to the end of a level if going back, rather than spawning at the beginning of the level as the default behavior?

37. GrapePaste

GrapePaste

Hey, which script specifically contains all of the player controls (Interact, crouch, lean, etc)??? Also, is it just an error on my end or is the invert controls option not working?

Phazorknight likes this.
  38. ReginRS

ReginRS

Olá, sou do Brasil e comprei esse kit porque me ajudaria muito. Mas estou tendo o seguinte erro e meu inglês não ajuda a resolver. Se alguem puder me ajudar ...

[Mouse Init] Mouse is not connected!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput:GetMouseDelta () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:951)
    MouseLook:Update () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/Player/Controller/MouseLook.cs:158)

[Comparsion] Any of given actions for comparsion does not exist!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    ThunderWire.CrossPlatform.Input.CrossPlatformInput:IsControlsSame (string,string) (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/!Managers/CrossPlatformInput/CrossPlatformInput.cs:1393)
    PlayerController:Update () (at Assets/Horror FPS KIT/HFPS Assets/Content/Scripts/Core/Base/Player/Controller/PlayerController.cs:233)

39. ReginRS

ReginRS

How do I leave the shaman in third person when the character is walking?
    upload_2021-3-22_9-21-39.png

40. ReginRS

ReginRS

Estou tendo esse erro, alguém pode me ajudar?

Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Core\Base\UI\Menu\OptionsController.cs(331,56): error CS1061: 'PostProcessVolume' does not contain a definition for 'profile' and no accessible extension method 'profile' accepting a first argument of type 'PostProcessVolume' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

41. ReginRS

ReginRS

Did that Asset die? I'm trying to contact support and nothing. If you pay you must have support.

There is a problem that prevents you from creating a script and pressing the E key. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Esse Asset morreu? To tentando contatar o suporte e nada. Se você paga você tem q ter suporte.

Há um problema que impede que vc crie um script e acione a tecla E. Alguem sabe qual é o problema?

42. Daftolddad

Daftolddad

Have you tried on the Discord server? I get the impression that the Dev is more active on there than here, and if he isn't arround there's probably someone else who can assits you

RoyS and Ronith like this.
  43. ReginRS

ReginRS

Vc sabe qual é o servidor dele?

44. Felixsg

Felixsg

I dont knot if the discord if work
    https://discord.gg/p6vdaNC
    this are in the description of the asset
    I see not updates from 2020

45. Ronith

Ronith

You should visit the discord (take the link from the asset description). The dev ist very responsable there and the asset didn die. :)

46. Dieee

Dieee

Hello, help me with the breakable items please. What version of "adressables" have you used? When compiling the game the "breakables" items do not work correctly

47. Dieee

Dieee

Update addressables package to 1.18.13 and build addressables solved problem (addressables Group > Build > new build) Unity 2020.3

48. Dieee

Dieee

Error with interactive item "oldchest"

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at HFPS.Systems.NumberPadlockDigits.Interact () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at HFPS.Player.ExamineManager.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    HFPS.Player.ExamineManager:Update()

any ideas?

49. Emme73

Emme73

I am having abit of a hard time setting up the FPS controller, it always falls through the floor when I set the radius to 0.1 for example, but if I set it any higher, it always seems as if the character is too large for my (built to scale) environment...

50. TheGhost0

TheGhost0

i fixed many errors and bug in the game and i still work on it from 2020 to now i al most done level one for our game and i add new effect for the game to work fine like horror games becouse my story its horror .

i also add new creature like :
    zombie
    mage
    healer
    summoner
    eles

:)

dont forget every stage theres a Boss must fighting it