Search Unity

[RELEASED] - Horror FPS KIT 1.6

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ThunderWire, Nov 29, 2017.

1. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Okay, thanks for the replies. I understand that you can't keep your asset current with all the new Unity releases. I realize that the asset is a kit and may have given the wrong impression with my comment earlier.

It is a great asset and the support is very good. I look forward to extending the asset for my own projects and for any future updates.

ThunderWire likes this.
  2. starfoxy

starfoxy

Great update! Thank you Thunderwire. Has anyone had any luck getting a different firearm into this such as a rifle?

3. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

in new version didnt try right now.. but in 1.42 i added assault rifles, shotguns, rifles, bow and arrow with pickup and rese arrow system.. and it not was too much difficult.. i think in 1.5 it will be the same since wapon system is not changed at all i think ..

starfoxy likes this.
  4. markmozza

markmozza

Few issues i had with 1.4 was. They are still present in the new kit too.

* Keys are not able to be used on more than 1 door.
    * Draggable Doors is unusable if you ask me. If you are standing in front of a door opening towards you, you wont be able to open it without moving. (Just a note, ive completely remove the code for dragable doors, and drawes etc)
    * Saving scene data going from scene to scene does not work. If you start on scene one and complete it then go to scene 2 and save, when you go back to scene one its not loading data.
    * Post Processing Stack is outdated. Please consider using V2.
    * Everything in this pack animation wise is legacy. I have converted your entire project to use Animation Controllers. Now i have to do that again...
    * Items disapearing from inventory if used incorrectly. To be fair the whole inventory system is broken, candles disapear if not fully used if you put a dead candle away and relight a new one it WILL NOT work.

All the above i have fixed in my version of your kit. I dont see why this is hard to do.

P.S A lot of this stuff looks identicle the the 1.5 John Arts Horror Pack. Even down to the same 3D models. I think what you have done is great but including all these assets that are not your own ruins the pack. There also a lot of paid assets in there too. I understand its a kit to build on and shouldnt be used without development but some of these are simple fixes. Specially the candle.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  5. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello,

thank you for your review, I will definitely fix these things, which you suggested in future update, I apologize that there are still some bugs, but mainly I focused on the new features so for fixes I don't had a much time, because I had an school leaving exam. Also I don't think that I have identical stuff which has John's Art in his HDK, there can be some items, which looks identical, but that's because, he used my stuff in his asset, like for example Electric Box, Icons, Scripts... Also I don't have an reason to rip assets from HDK, because HFPS and HDK are completly different kits.

6. starfoxy

starfoxy

I always wondered if these are the same asset with a few varied features. :)

keepthachange likes this.
  7. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

So am trying to setup the Levels in the asset to my own levels how do you do that? What I mean is when I select level non of my changes seem to show, and reading the documents it does not seem to help me understand how to add a level to select from the Play Horror menu

8. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

disregard my last post just had to relearn canvas

9. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

I have attached the ExamineItem script to a custom object but I am unable to have it added to the inventory when I select the Equip. I can rotate the object without any problems.

I have a rigidbody and collider attached to the object.

I am using Unity 2018.3 and 1.4.3 of the asset kit.

Thanks

10. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

I figured out what the problem was. I realized that I was using the wrong script for what I wanted to do.

I read the manual, duh!, and figure out that I wanted to have the object added to my inventory and thus needed to add the InventoryItem script to my object instead of the ExamineItem script.

It took me a while to figure out how to edit the Inventory Database Asset, as the manual is very clear on exactly how to do this.

I have it working now so hopefully this will help someone else.

Don

keepthachange likes this.
  11. keepthachange

keepthachange

Don't you hate it when that happens.

12. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

I meant to say that the manual isn't very clear on how to edit it! LOL

RoyS likes this.
  13. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

ii'm working with your great kit but i have a question about the candle item..
    if i want to make player to be able to pickup several candles ( or another candle when the curent candle is over) how cani have to do ..i? and how cani make the new picked candle to start at full scale...?? sinc i tried after the first one is over but when i picjed up a second one the scale of the candle was the scale of the prevoiusly extinguished candle..
    many thanks for your time..

14. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Hi all

I need some scripting help on how I check on how many of an item I have in my inventory.
    For example, if I want to check to see how many batteries I have picked up, how would I script that?

Thanks!

15. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

How do I use a joystick with this? It doesn't seem to work. Like the buttons work when setting up controls but there's no way to set up a thumbstick for the wsad controls.

16. fancyferret

fancyferret

Anyone tried using this asset with other assets? I keep running into namespace and type name conflicts. Particularly with MouseLook and SceneLoader.

I've made edits previously that seemed to fix it somewhat but the latest update added even more conflicts.

17. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

With my other assets it works good. I've had some errors with post processing but it was easily fixed. I've never used the assets you're using.

18. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

There is a mouse look and scene loader in fps horror kit If those scripts also exist in other assets you might want to delete those scripts or just change the names where the error occurs but be prepared to also change the names in all other locations where it occurs. There could be references in other scripts as well which can cause even more errors. It would be easier just to not use the asset that conflicts with Horror FPS kit. If you're not up to rename everything in every spot that needs renamed then just delete the conflicting asset. Keep in mind there could be hundreds of errors after you change the names. If everything was given a sort of unique name then these errors would not occur. But anyways I'm not sure why a person would need 2 similar scripts anyway. Why would you need 2 scene loaders? I understand it might break the other asset to not have both scripts but if 1 asset has similar functions to another you might be better off using only the one that better fits your needs rather than both at once anyway. I understand why a person would want to use the assets they paid for but sometimes it's not logical or even very functional to use certain ones together.

19. fancyferret

fancyferret

Right! Which is why most devs putting larger projects on the Asset Store tend to use unique namespaces.

The HFPS scripts don't seem to be using any namespace at all so some HFPS classes are conflicting with things like Behavior Designer, DoozyUI, et al.

I could probably handle this in ReSharper but it's not that big of a deal. I was mainly going to use HFPS for the inventory system and examine system. For now, I'm sticking to my current setup and maybe I'll use HFPS for standalone quick stuff/game jams or something in the future.

20. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

UPDATE 1.5.3 CHANGELOG:
    • Updated to Unity Version 2019.2.4
    • Added Inventory Item Custom Data
    • Added Inventory Item Select Function
    • Added Realistic VHS Player
    • Added MainMenu Continue Button
    • Added Custom Player Height Adjustment
    • Fixed FPS Body Movement
    • Fixed Player State Transitions
    • Fixed Weapon Bullets Saving
    • Updated Documentation
    • Script Optimizations
    We still encounter one gamebreaking bug which we don't know how to fix. When you kill the Zombie, you will stuck in the Zombie Ragdoll, even when Colliders were ignored by script, if you know, how to fix this problem and also, if you have any good ideas, which features you would like to see in the future update, feel free and contact us.

Changelog: https://www.twgamesdev.com/pages/posts/hfps_update

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    ScourgeGames likes this.
  21. unicat

unicat

Hi, thank you for the update. Bought it sometime ago from your website. Is the downloadlink always the same for updates too?

ThunderWire likes this.
  22. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello, yes, just Login and go to the Downloads section and download the kit with the same way, as you downloaded it before.

23. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Thanks for the update. I'll take a look at the ragdoll issue when I get a chance. Sometimes you just need someone with a fresh set of eyes to think about it.

ThunderWire likes this.
  24. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

It's a small update, but powerful. I'll be glad, if you help me with the ragdoll issue, if you find a way how to fix this, please let me know, send me a email or just simply reply here, so we can share the way, how to fix it with everyone.

25. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Hey. Can you please help me. I cannot use an Xbox controller with this asset. How can I do that?

26. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

Can controller support be setup in the input manager, or is it hard coded in the script?

27. StormlordGames

StormlordGames

Feature request:

Spawning system - Event driven system that spawns/despawns enemies, items, objects, etc.
    Can be triggered by volumes, events, etc.

Thanks!

28. Pipeline_Interactive

Pipeline_Interactive

Hey everyone, if anyone can help me that would be great! I am having an issue when I try import the package (v1.5.3a) I get this error

ArgumentException: Invalid path
    System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName (System.String path) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    UnityEditor.PackageImportTreeView+PackageImportTreeViewDataSource.FetchData () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/PackageImportTreeView.cs:548)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewDataSource.ReloadData () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewDataSource.cs:53)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.ReloadData () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:289)
    UnityEditor.PackageImportTreeView..ctor (UnityEditor.PackageImport packageImport, UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewState treeViewState, UnityEngine.Rect startRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/PackageImportTreeView.cs:42)
    UnityEditor.PackageImport.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/PackageImport.cs:131)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    UnityEditor.HostView.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:129)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

and it refuses to import, if anyone can help me I would be SO glad :) thank you all in advance!

29. drdunson

drdunson

Am I able to import assets created in iclone into Horror FPS Kit?

30. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello guys, it's been a while when I released a Horror FPS KIT v1.5, now I want to say that I started the development of the 1.6 version, I want to add a new cool things to this version, so if you have any ideas, which features you would like to see in that version, just let me know, and I will take a look at your request, also you can check the 1.6 development status at trello page: https://trello.com/b/lbq7MqRh/horror-fps-kit-v16-development

Happy Halloween!

31. PsilocybPsps

PsilocybPsps

Good afternoon forum!

I have a problem with a flashlight.
    When you press the F key, only one sound is turned off, the battery scale is in place, and the spotlight does not turn on (the picture shows)
    What could it be?

32. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Thanks for the update!

I think that a hiding system would be a nice feature to have in the next update. It would be cool to be able to hide in a locker or under a desk/table/bed.

A sanity meter would also be also be a nice addition.

Thanks for the timely updates to the asset!

ThunderWire likes this.
  33. officialthetr1angle

officialthetr1angle

Hi ThunderWire, if there is m4a1or any assault rifle that would be very nice, and can you provide tutorial for integrating enemy soldier (AI) templates into your project in the future? Looks nice and waiting for 1.6 update and I will buy for sure..

34. Vl1dimir

Vl1dimir

Can anyone help with this?

"ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection."

It's a objectives problem. They added in game manager as they should be. When i loaded the game this problem showing up in console. Scene setup is correct, can't recognize what the problem.

35. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

Why won't they help us? Are the customers just chopped liver? IDK. For other assets I've got the devs help as much as they can on the forum.

36. cloverme

cloverme

You have to rewrite the code in the inputmanager class to start with. However, you have to also go through the code looking for anything that calls the UnityEngine.Input class directly, like the calls for the scroll wheel, etc.

You might want to look at the InControl asset package and then work to integrate it into this package.

37. cloverme

cloverme

It's usually related to to a dictionary or list loop when iterating through each key. In the error, if you look towards the bottom of the error in the console, you'll see the line # that generated the error. You might have to refactor some of the code to clear the error out.

You might have to add something like...
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if( i != WhateverListIsCausingTheError.count -1)
    2. {
    3.     WhateverCallsHappenHereNormally();
    4.     i++;
    5. }

38. cloverme

cloverme

Thanks for continuing to update the package for people. I'm still on a really old version, but I've rewritten about 70% of the code, so updating is no longer possible. However, that's fine with me since it's made me a better developer for it too. Thanks again for all the hard work you put into the modules, there's a lot of cool stuff in there that helped.Inventory

The big rewrites were:
    -State saving/loading
    -Weapons swapping
    -Inventory
    -Player controlling
    -UI notifications
    -Sound options (sfx/master/music)
    -Ability to buy/sell items

If there's one thing that would have been cool in the base package, it would be multiplayer ;)

Here's what I've built using 1.42 as a starter....

39. theonerm2_unity

theonerm2_unity

I figured it out already. I had to hard code it in.

40. FractalCore

FractalCore

A major thing that jumped out at me was when I tried putting the player on an uneven terrain. The controller does NOT like dealing gracefully with steep slopes. It's like walking into an invisible wall.

Instead it needs to gently not let the player keep ascending. And if they try to jump up a hill that's too steep, the jump vector points out from the slope so they can only jump outwards. There's various tricks. All should be optional of course.

Another issue I've just noticed. Stand next to a very steep cliff, almost a wall, but as long as it's tilting away from the player, they can keep pressing towards it and jump their way up the cliff. Like it's turning gravity off for the player because it thinks it's still grounded.

Basically it seems like the controller wasn't designed for anything but the haunted horror rooms the name implies. So it would be nice if it could handle terrains... As a bonus!

Not that major really, but that speaks to how well set up Horror FPS is. Not a lot to complain about :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    ThunderWire likes this.
  41. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello Guys!

I know, that I've been inactive for a while, but I want to tell you, that everything is going well and new version of HFPS is always in development. Also I want to wish you happy holidays and because of a christmas, I want to offer you a Horror FPS KIT with a christmas price, only for 25€. This price is only available on my website and will be available only during the holidays. So if you are waiting for the discount, now it's the time to grab your copy.

Discount: https://www.twgamesdev.com/pages/projects/horror-fps-kit

Sincerely yours,
    ThunderWire Studio.

42. unity_BQtdjY5EUPsbTg

unity_BQtdjY5EUPsbTg

Hey everyone,

I'd be happy if anyone could help me with such problem. I bought an asset a while ago and it worked always perfectly but recently I updated unity, created a new project and downloaded the Horror FPS Kit into the project and then get following errors:
    Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Main\UI\Menu\UICustomOptions.cs(244,81): error CS0117: 'QualitySettings' does not contain a definition for 'skinWeights'
    Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Main\UI\Menu\UICustomOptions.cs(389,29): error CS0117: 'QualitySettings' does not contain a definition for 'skinWeights'
    Assets\Horror FPS KIT\HFPS Assets\Content\Scripts\Managers\Other\InteractManager.cs(320,21): error CS1061: 'Image' does not contain a definition for 'DisableSpriteOptimizations' and no accessible extension method 'DisableSpriteOptimizations' accepting a first argument of type 'Image' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

It also appears after I have updated Textmesh in Unity (Cause if one doesn't do it, the game will also not be started since Textmesh has some errors due to the fact that an updated version from Asset Store is higher than the one that is inside the editor by default).

I wrote the customer support but since more than a week no reply at all..... Its very sad cause I really like the asset and would like to use it.

Thank you!
    Best regards

ThunderWire likes this.
  43. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello,

I apologize for no response, can you please tell me which version of Unity do you exactly have?

Best regards,
    ThunderWire Studio

44. unity_BQtdjY5EUPsbTg

unity_BQtdjY5EUPsbTg

Hey,

My version of Unity is 2018.30f2.

Many thanks
    Daniels

ThunderWire likes this.
  45. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

In order to fix these errors you need to have a Unity version 2019.2.6 or higher. You have these errors, because Unity in latest version has changed and added some script variables.

46. Vl1dimir

Vl1dimir

Creating some cool stuff, based on your kit.

Attached Files:

ThunderWire likes this.
  47. StormlordGames

StormlordGames

Any chance you can create a Stamina system to go along with the Sprint feature?
    Stamina is used to Sprint and to swing melee weapons. When you run out of Stamina you can no longer Sprint or swing a melee weapon.

Thanks!

ThunderWire likes this.
  48. jadenmnn

jadenmnn

How i can change the loading background ??
    does ist anyone know ?
    Pls hep me :/

49. jadenmnn

jadenmnn

Can you help me ?
    How i can chnage the loding desc. and image? im to stupid to do that :(

50. exgengames

exgengames

how to integrate to shooting AI

like emerald AI pleasee help!