Search Unity

[RELEASED] - Horror FPS KIT 1.6

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ThunderWire, Nov 29, 2017.

1. mattis89

mattis89

How to assign what is water? So he can swim?

2. mattis89

mattis89

@ThunderWire I would appreciate some tutorial videos.

* adding weapon + arms
    * adding item
    * how to handle what and where item operates
    * swimming
    * how do I crouch??
    * how to get the game saved in build and moves the save file outside of the game folder like to My documents, when uploading to steam the save game cant be in game folder..

please support!

Thanks, great asset overall

3. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Yeah, this bug is happening a lot in the update.

4. mattis89

mattis89

yes, I see the bug now too if I go close a rock or over a rock edge or any mesh without jumping... and he starts jump... @ThunderWire

5. mattis89

mattis89

Anyone know why I cant move in build?

6. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Is the config file missing? Maybe the keys aren't bound. Other than that, I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.

7. mattis89

mattis89

The config file shouldnt be missing, dont know why, because it works in editor...

8. mattis89

mattis89

the game config is there in the build data folder.

EDIT: Actually its not ..

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  9. mattis89

mattis89

USING CONFIG IN BUILDED GAME ! THIS IS IMPORTANT PART
    WHEN YOU BUILD GAME THE CREATED CONFIG WITH INPUT DOES NOT COME TO BUILDED GAME LOCATION! YOU MUST COPY DATA FOLDER TO GAME BUILD LOCATION "\YOURGAME_DATA\"
    OR
    WHEN YOU START GAME AND CONFIG DOES NOT EXIST IN THE DATA FOLDER THE InputController.cs SCRIPT AUTOMATICALLY CREATE CONFIG FILE SO YOU DOESN'T NEED TO COPY FROM PROJECT.

This is S*** @ThunderWire , okay I build game.. and must copy... Really? How would my customers be able to do that, what? ... "WHEN YOU START GAME AND CONFIG DOES NOT EXIST IN THE DATA FOLDER THE InputController.cs SCRIPT AUTOMATICALLY CREATE CONFIG FILE SO YOU DOESN'T NEED TO COPY FROM PROJECT." And that part works, it creates yes... BUT THE CONFIG FILE IS EMPTY:.. It just creates file without info.. Player dont move...

10. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Your customers don't need to do that. You put it in the build folder before you release. The game config file is just a text file that the program reads when it starts up to do the default settings.

Edit: Also remember that your game needs to start with the MainMenu scene, or you will probably have issues. Realize that this kit is not a complete game. It is a kit to build a game, so you'll need to experiment and extend things to your needs. If you expect everything to work perfectly and for all of the hard parts to be done for you, you are missing the best part of creating a game and you will be disappointed.

uni7y likes this.
  11. mattis89

mattis89

yea the config files contains the input and graphics settings...And yes I got it to work both ways now, with copy it, and with the inputcontroller.cs.. But with the script way I have to restart the game, didnt use the mainmenu with my test build, guess thats why... Yes ofc I know, but I can use MY mainmenu wich I created with the setup tool in an empty scene?

Yes ofcourse its not a complete game, I have really intergrated my own stuff here like boat driving and wood chopping..etc.. different weapons.. But things like saving and that kinda stuff really is a challenge, and I was in panic yesterday when it didnt work (Didnt know it wouldnt) cuz I was on my way to a company to show my game..

12. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

@ThunderWire I'd really like to use the new release of this kit (1.42), but there are just too many bugs compared to 1.41. I love the new features, but it would be nice if you could take some time to release a patch. The biggest bug right now is that the character controller gets stuck in an infinite jump cycle when getting close to an edge. I haven't tracked down issue in the code, but it's really easy to reproduce.

uni7y likes this.
  13. mattis89

mattis89

Yea the jump bug is the worst.. My guess that it has something to do with the CC settings...? I havent played around much because I made a boat and controlller to work with thi asset and so bow it does so im gonna find that bug today and let you know.

14. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! do anyone else have the issue that you cant see the glock18 in game view but in scene view? I pick it up, see it in inventory, can shoot.. but dont see arms and weapon...

EDIT: Nvm, I had Aquas to ignore weapon and interact.. ooops

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  15. mattis89

mattis89

If anyone is interested in how to get a meele weapon to work, and in inventory pick up too, like this post :)

16. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

i'm really interest to this feature..

mattis89 likes this.
  17. mattis89

mattis89

@ThunderWire
    cool! Im fixing some draw animation bug atm , I get back to you .

18. mattis89

mattis89

So, my idea works but I have to make custom weapon controller script, I have to strip down the original so, takes some days,

19. mattis89

mattis89

Hey guys! So about my meele weapon intergration, its half way done. You have it now as item and it draws and holster and shows up in the inventory with pick up object / slash drop. I still need to figure out how to handle animations (it wont play the given idle just some other idle and I dont know where it comes from) and damage , attack animations.. But if you want the script PM me!

20. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello, sorry for my inactivity but I've been busy with school but don't worry I already started with fixing bugs and adding new features to a HFPS KIT. If you have some questions feel free and ask me.

uni7y and ScourgeGames like this.
  21. mattis89

mattis89

Hello!

cool! Please look into the jumping bug.. And would it possible to trigger the swimming and bouyancy to only have the collider and not the water that comes with it because I use Aquas? What are the new features? Will the meele be covered or should I finish it and send it to you? I know schools busy now..

22. paulojsam

paulojsam

please integrate this with realistic fps asset

23. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

this is really impossible since they are two complete different system and work logic...

mattis89 likes this.
  24. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I don't think it's impossible, but it would be a lot of work and not really worth it. The same goes for UFPS or any other FPS controller.

A person could, however, utilize many of the scripts in this kit with other FPS controllers.

mattis89 likes this.
  25. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

EXACTLY,...it ìs what i'm doing ..I created my own fps framework system with inventory and baisc crafting,with ranged weapons fire weapons ,melee, enemies, vehicles, water and underwater system with oxygen, survival system with thirst, hunger, cold ect, and I'm adding interaction system(door/key system, flashlight/battery system ect) from HFPS Kit..

26. mattis89

mattis89

I have a meele script ready for you tomorrow... Still trying to blend the end of the attack together with idle... and sound trigger and damage options are not there.

27. mattis89

mattis89

Think Im gonna change everything to mechanim

28. mattis89

mattis89

Hello guys! As promised.. Here is the meele weapon script.. NO damage function or sound... I recommend animation event for both.

Attached Files:

29. mattis89

mattis89

Please report bugs or improvement

30. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Thanks for looking into some bug fixes. I've been utilizing the 1.41 version because I had made a whole bunch of changes that I didn't want to roll into 1.42 yet and I the bugs were a bit much for me to troubleshoot. If you need someone to run through a test before you re-submit to the asset store, let me know. I'm happy to do some testing.

31. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I'll take a look at it for you and see how it works. I have a melee function that I've built and maybe I can contribute to this so we get something comprehensive. Mine has damage and sound and a few other things, but I'm not sure how well it works with the latest version of the kit. I've made a lot of changes to the controller, so I'm guessing it will take a bit of work.

mattis89 likes this.
  32. mattis89

mattis89

thans alot :)

33. mattis89

mattis89

Here is a bit more improved script .. How do I get the Parent where attacj script is communicate with the collider on my weapon wich is a bit further down the same hierachy? .. OnTriggerEnter is what I want to use...

Attached Files:

34. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

You can use this method: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/GameObject.GetComponentsInParent.html

You can also create a public property on your GameObject and just drag the parent as a variable that's loaded at design time.

mattis89 likes this.
  35. mattis89

mattis89

36. mattis89

mattis89

So tommorow I will have a semi complete script for wood chopping.. Treehealth script and damage dealing.. Timed cutrate and sounds...PM if interested :)

37. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

Seems to be some bugs with the zombie ai,
    - continuous attacking through a wall, seeing player behind an object (kind of the same bug)
    - ai tries to move to waypoint even if a wall is blocking it's path and there is no navigation bath between the two waypoints (so baked navigation shows the wall separates the navigation between the rooms)

Also getting a bug with the gun, if i die and then find it again, try to pick it up, it throws an array error. This happens with a few items.

Big question is, can we add a listening feature to this? So for instance the AI can hear objects drop around the house and then move to that room or location?

38. mattis89

mattis89

yea , yoi can do anything you want.

39. uni7y

uni7y

@ThunderWire is there any news on the update/patch?
    Thanks!

40. RoyS

RoyS

The manual shows how to do everything except how to change scenes/levels. I set up the MainMenu and GameScene Setup (pages 5-6). So where do I have the MainMenu Load point to my first scene/level?

41. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

I've been working on making some changes to the AI code and including some new features, currently I am adding a barricade feature that has the AI detect if a door is it's in way while chasing the player or reacting to a sound, and if so, it knocks down the door. What I can't seem to figure out is how the AI script is launching OnDamage for the player (i.e public void AttackPlayer() ). It seems to only be listed once and i can't find it linked in any other scripts.

Can you point me in the right direction? I'd like to integrate the barricade attack function but need to know where the AttackPlayer call is originating from.

42. mattis89

mattis89

look how they are made in the demo.. I did.. I have now my custom scenes.

RoyS likes this.
  43. mattis89

mattis89

The attackplayer call is most likely originated within the AI´s script somewhere in the lines about player detection

44. dizzymediainc

dizzymediainc

It's not, as i said, it's listed once but the actual call isn't listed anywhere else.

45. mattis89

mattis89

ThunderWire likes this.
  46. cloverme

cloverme

Thanks for continuing to update the kit, keep up the good work!

I have a potential fix, after spending some time debugging it because I had the same issue, it appears to be a runaway race condition around the sliding mechanic in the first person controller. Once the character starts to "slide" the value is set to true and then never is set to false again and the character movement is "stuck" with a hop.

Edit PlayerController.cs, search for "moveDirection *= slideSpeed, after that line enter in "sliding = false;".

It fixed the issue for me, but another way to fix it is just to set the condition so that sliding is always false. It appears that maybe this was set to detect sliding vs falling.

47. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Thanks for sussing this out and sharing.

48. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Hello, I'm currently uploaded and submitted new version for approval, so new version will be available soon! You can read notes to the new version at our website: https://www.twgamesdev.com/

ScourgeGames and mattis89 like this.
  49. ThunderWire

ThunderWire

Thanks a lot for sharing a potential fix for a jumping bug with us, we have included this fix in upcoming update.

mattis89 likes this.
  50. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does this have any controls for mobile VR or not? Be cool to walk around with the candle in the oculus go and explore stuff.