Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[ 2021 ] Hierarchy Pro - Auto HighLighter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mr_duke, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What kind of updates would you like to see for this assets?

1. update for highlighter (interface, features)

2. update for bookmarks (interface, features)

3. update for project view (revert bottom, other features)

4. update for top bar (position, features)

5. update for right mods (display style, additional mods)

6. other update (type what kind)

7. fix bugs (type what kind of bugs)

8. less price

9. video tutoriasls, reviews

10. site, help page, wiki page, documentations, etc

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mr_duke

mr_duke

docsavage, thanx, but there were a lots of small bugs, but as always.:rolleyes: I sent the fix to the review before posting yesterday, should update soon, today or tomorrow. And I'd like to add that I'm not going to stop supporting the plugin. I sincerely wish to make a cheap and useful tool.

arvzg, hello, well... I honestly do not even know why this happens, which unity' version are you using? I'm trying to use 2017.3, it works fine, may you try to delete the file "Hierarchy (MAYA) .asset"? Perhaps something issue with the width of the columno_O

docsavage likes this.
  2. arvzg

arvzg

Thanks @mr_duke I deleted the whole EModules folder and reimported it, and it seems to work now. Not sure what happened there first time around.

I have another problem though: I use Multi-scene editing in my project. The first time I Play the game, everything's fine, but the second time I get all these warnings:

There's a bunch of these for each of the root object in my non-active scene.

Is multi-scene editing supported in HierarchyPro?

3. mr_duke

mr_duke

Damn, forgot to check, yes, of course it is supported, but it seems again there is a bug, the fact is that when openly two or more scenes, links to unityobjects are stored only in the active scene and throw warnings, I went to fix this bug.

arvzg, I will try to fix everything as quickly as possible and send you an update. Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

4. arvzg

arvzg

No worries, I'll make do with it for now, let me know when it's ready!

5. mr_duke

mr_duke

arvzg, I e-mailed you links to new package,
    update 2018.1p1 is not yet published, so I'll add fixes to this update, it should be published soon, you can wait and get from Asset Store.
    Here is a short description of new 2018.1p1
    upload_2018-2-20_18-50-28.png

6. wolfen231

wolfen231

How are you only charging 3 bucks for this? I've used qhierarchy in the past... but this thing looks like itll just blow it out of the water. Im mainly concerned however about how it interacts with source control. For example I want to use it.. but others on the team won't use it.

Is it adding things to scenes that will cause errors if some one else doesn't have it installed? The other asset I mentioned this was not an issue with and one of the reasons I used it.

7. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello wolfen231, you have two options,

The first one is you should copy the "../EModules/Hierarchy/Shared folder" to other machines, it contains scripts that are used to store additional information, all files are used only in the editor and will not be included in the build

The second is to disable the cache http://emodules.me/wiki?=Hierarchy&Other&Cache and Data Storage. But in this case the functionality will be minimal

wolfen231 likes this.
  8. wolfen231

wolfen231

Thanks for the info. I still may nab it for my personal use haha. Bit too much to ask for to avoid issues with the team really.

9. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thank you, hope you enjoy^^. I'll in the future add the options to store information in a ScriptableObject.

10. arvzg

arvzg

@mr_duke Are you saying we are allowed to buy 1 license of this extension and just give copies to it to our all our other team members?

Editor Pro is an editor extension which requires 1 license per seat, right?

11. mr_duke

mr_duke

Yes, it's unity team rules. But personally I do not insist on this, I do not know how from a legal point of view, but I myself will not file any lawsuits:D:D:D

12. arvzg

arvzg

13. mr_duke

mr_duke

No problems, that post will be here as long as there is a unity forum:cool:

14. wolfen231

wolfen231

That's one reason I wanted to ensure I could use this "alone" in a team environment. Not everyone wants to use it, and technically it's not legal under his licensing agreement. I might just use it on my own in my own test projects that aren't using source control as well as at home.

15. mr_duke

mr_duke

Yes, I got it. In the coming days I'll add the option to the new patch.

16. wolfen231

wolfen231

Hey no complaint here. I was just asking / curious. I already bought the thing haha.

17. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Bit of a heads up for users... If you export a package from a Project that was using HierarcyPro into another project that isn't you may get a 'The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!' warning for the GameObject called "DescriptionHelperObject". (which you can't find if you look for it in your Assets.

Something similar happens with ProGroups. Using their clean up Editor script worked well:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using UnityEditor;
    5. public class RemoveHierarchyPro : Editor
    7. {
    9.     [MenuItem("Tools/HierarchyPro/Remove HierarchyPro Object")]
    10.     static void Init()
    11.     {
    13.         GameObject go = GameObject.Find("DescriptionHelperObject");
    15.         if(go != null)
    16.             GameObject.DestroyImmediate(go);
    18.     }
    20. }

AdamLiu and mr_duke like this.
  18. mr_duke

mr_duke

yes, thank you, I'm just now trying to add the ability to save data in 'scriptsableobject' to keep scenes clean and don't copy the 'sharedfolder' folder to other computers

NeatWolf likes this.
  19. red2blue

red2blue

One question, what is the difference between Hierarchy PRO and Hierarchy ONE? Couldn't find any from the first view.

20. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, you may follow the link:
    http://emem.store/wiki
    features marked with (PRO) are only available in the Hierarchy PRO

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    red2blue likes this.
  21. red2blue

red2blue

Thanks a lot. Missed that!

22. 00christian00

00christian00

Hi,
    Is there any button to for "Solo" like many software? As in enable only the gameobject selected and disable everything else.
    It is useful sometime to debug particles and some mesh placement issues that get covered by other things.

23. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey, unfortunately no:(

00christian00 likes this.
  24. kangsangyeon

kangsangyeon

@mr_duke Hello. I'm new user. I really really want one shortcut that enable/disable gameobject in hierarchy. Is it included this feature? If not, can you add this shortcut plz? thanks! :)

25. mr_duke

mr_duke

Happy to welcome you, KangSangYeon,

My apologies for the delay. You can use standard shortcut, unity already have this stuff.
    upload_2018-3-16_20-35-19.png
    if I got what you were meaning.

And thank you for bein' hierarchy customers.

kangsangyeon likes this.
  26. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Hi there, nice asset ! I am having a small issue with focusing. When I double click, it just collapses the hierarchy instead of zooming/focusing on the scene object. Is there a workaround ?

Thanks !

27. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Oh, I just found out that you have added a new option in the settings that fixes that :D

28. mr_duke

mr_duke

Ahah)) yes, In the next update, I will disable this feature by default. getting a little sick recently but still alive:)

29. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Btw, I noticed that the option, although it works, it does not save after unity restart. In my case, I need to re-set the option in the settings of the hierarchy plugin each time i restart Unity. Would be great if that was the default option !

30. mr_duke

mr_duke

It's very strange, I'll try to figure out what's just happened, thanks!

31. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

Hello, I do not work Play Mode Data Keeper, if the changes are not made in the current scene, how to be? (I have several scenes in the editor).

32. mr_duke

mr_duke

hmm, interesting, really, unfortunately you can not do it, I got to figure out how to
    release this stuff, sorry. And thanks for post!

I take this opportunity to apologize to those who wait for the patch for two weeks:rolleyes:

33. mr_duke

mr_duke

but, if you open several scenes before the launch PlayMode datakeeper should work, I'll try it at home, If it doesn't, I'll fix preopened scenes issue in the near update

34. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

Unfortunately for me, this is impossible.:(

35. radiantboy

radiantboy

This looks great but how do I actually turn it on?

36. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, what it is that you're looking for?

37. autoc

autoc

Hello, I read all your plugins today and plan to buy "Hierarchy PRO +Presets And Selections", but I made a payment in the "Project Organizer +Bookmarks & Highlighting" page. The two pages look very similar. Can I refund and re-purchase "Hierarchy PRO +Presets And Selections"? Thank you.
    order details
    Order #12369651******
    Order date: May 11, 2018, 9:10 am

38. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey, I received it by mail and in conversation, I replied to you in both.

39. Fugus

Fugus

Great asset. :)
    I have a feature request. Could it be possible to automatically apply Highlighter settings to game objects that match a certain pattern? And if possible, that those settings be project wide instead of scene specific.
    For example: all the objects that are called "Visuals" would have a specific icon and color. Or all the objects that only have a particle system.
    Most of our scenes follow the same patterns (similar to what is suggested here). I feel that needing to manually set the highlighter setting for each object is going to be cumbersome when the project grows.
    Cheers.

40. Ruhan-_-

Ruhan-_-

2db82180-d938-438f-a9a4-6e1395229ec2_scaled.jpg This is an AWESOME asset but I was wondering if it would be possible to implement an error+warning+debug column like this image. It is from a different hierarchy asset called "Enhanced Hierarchy"
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/enhanced-hierarchy-2-0-44322

I prefer your asset because of the rich features but this 1 feature would be INSANELY helpful if you could implement :D
    It is always difficult hunting down the exact gameobject script instance that is firing an error/log/warning, if it were visually visible in the hierarchy, workflow would massively improve!

NeatWolf likes this.
  41. guybro_thunderboots

guybro_thunderboots

On macOS, these keybindings

upload_2018-6-12_17-29-58.png

are actually mapped to the "ALT" (also known as "Option") key, which prevents me from using the ALT key to move between words in an input box anywhere in Unity: eg, ALT+LEFT ARROW will move me the word before my cursor, ALT+RIGHT ARROW will move me to the next word after my cursor, etc.

42. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!
    I was about to ask via PM, but the answer could be interesting for others as well.

Is there a way to subscribe to a mailing list about your new assets/important updates?
    (I'm still waiting for a "subscribe to <publisher>" option in the store :( )

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  43. mr_duke

mr_duke

Yes, that would be interesting.

I've already thought about new site style. I think it'd be an good addition. But at first
    I'll be working on hierarchy pro more.
    It's crude, and should be fully completed. I mean, you know, "crude" is a relative term =)

Thanks to all guybro_thunderboots; Aqualancer; Fugus for write your wishes! We'll be sure to add all features:) stop... seems I've already promised, no matter, We'll do it, whatever it takes :rolleyes:

44. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

I'm working in a team and I'm unable to select the third option. Even if I click on it, nothing seems to happen. Unity works a bit, then I'm stuck with having helper object in the Scene, and I can't delete them.

Could you please help me?
    Is there an option to clean up the scenes from the helper objects automatically without having to edit them manually?

45. mr_duke

mr_duke

I'm sorry that I did not hide this button, I published a draft version to fix issues with unity 2018, switched off this stuff

In the upcoming update, a new external storage object will be added :)

Thank you for your patience in advance

NeatWolf likes this.
  46. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks! :)

That's the only thing (apart for what I wrote in the email) that's keeping me to use it team-wide! :)

47. tosiabunio

tosiabunio

We have nested prefab preview build available and Hierarchy Pro isn't working (which is probably different format of Hierarchy windows). What are the plans to get it working in near future?

48. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

49. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, sorry i missed your post in notifications. What do you mean by understanding format of Hierarchy windows? Do you mean new 2018.2 unity hierarchy window? I already saw that the standard drawind is defined as OldOnGUI but haven't yet researched how the new logic is implemented. I use 2018.1 now so while everything is working fine=)

50. tosiabunio

tosiabunio

I mean what's even behind 2018.2. There's is 2018.2.0x-ImprovedPrefabs preview available already and I assume it has different Hierarchy window that supports new prefab editing workflow that will be available in 2018.3. It would be great to know the plans for Hierarchy Pro in those upcoming versions.